Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,779 members, 7,844,532 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians (29841 Views)

Coronavirus: US Consulate In Nigeria Cancels All Visa Applications / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / Breathtaking Bridge In Vietnam Looks Like Something From Lord Of The Rings(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by Ishilove: 7:39pm On May 13
Confirmedzombie:
Please can we know you state of origin as a Nigerian.

With this I will know the best advice to give.

Such treatment are not mated on All Nigerians to the best of my knowledge
See the rubbish you're writing
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by cococandy(f): 7:39pm On May 13
casualobserver:

BS! If you investigate well they are the same people giving us a bad name everywhere. If you had anything about you as a Nigerian, India Vietnam are not the type of countries on your destinations list. The type of Nigerians that go there are the ones that give us a bad rep, the ones who cannot go to other countries.

Well I don’t know anything about this. I have no opinions on this subject
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by Ladiesdoctor(m): 7:40pm On May 13
First of all, what is your name?
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by Chidex93: 7:41pm On May 13
Hello and greetings to you,proeast, I feel so sorry for you, why not try lodging your complaint to the Nigeria in diaspora commission (NIDCOM) walahi the treatment meted out on you was unfair and dehumanizing indeed, this is a calculated extortion and swindlement, though you don't blame them our reputation over there is dented and tarnished by bad Nigerians, so unfortunate.although you have a good case with evidences, just lodge your complaint with NIDCOM, sorry, I feel your pain.
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by mctech(m): 7:42pm On May 13
Though Nigerians are stereotyped the world over, the consulate you went is full of crooks.
They even collected cash so you won't be able to prove it.

See systematic fraud!

Can you escalate this to the appropriate channels on Twitter?
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by aikyg(m): 7:43pm On May 13
Post this on Twitter and tag them. They'll come begging you to to collect your money. May sure you have your proof of payment.
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by Ishilove: 7:44pm On May 13
The first red flag was her insistence on collecting cash. She has robbed you
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by kheny12(m): 7:45pm On May 13
silento:
This one I dey hear million for just 250$
Abi e get anything I no dey understand well

So u will make 10millon for there come back to Nigeria, only to see 850k after exchanging

vietnamese currency is one of the worstest currency in the world grin
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by Ahmed0336(m): 7:46pm On May 13
aikyg:
Post this on Twitter and tag them. They'll come begging you to to collect your money. May sure you have your proof of payment.
That's the problem. From his write up I don't think he have any payment proof and will the lady he went there with be willing to serve as a witness ?Las las they may even sue him for libel and defamation.
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by Santalpharay: 7:47pm On May 13
ZaddyJ:
Re you igbo ?

So the trolling will begin instead of finding solution
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by Divinesupply: 7:48pm On May 13
proeast:
I just had a nasty experience at the Indian consulate in Ho Chi Minh City.

Here is the entire story:

On Friday, I went to the Indian consulate in HCMC to apply for one month tourist visa, after booking online the previous night. On getting to the consulate, the lady at the reception took my documents inside and after a while, returned to tell me that my visa has been granted in principle. That i have been issued with a single entry visa. However, I must pay 6.3000,000.00 VND about $250. I was shocked when I heard this because I already paid the agent that booked the appointment $100 thinking it included visa fees. They said it was because I’m a Nigerian and we are charged higher. Nevertheless, I decided to go ahead and pay the amount to save myself further stress. But the lady again, insisted I must pay cash.

I called a Vietnamese lady who accompanied me and she helped provide the balance because I had only 3+ million VND with me.

After paying, they collected my passport, Vietnamese visa and then conducted biometrics on me. Then I left.

This morning, I received a call from the consulate that I have to pay another 8 million VND otherwise my visa would not be issued to me. I was shocked and I told them that I can't pay a dime again. They either issue my visa or refund my money. The lady agreed that I should come and get the refund. However, on getting to the consulate, they refused to give me the refund. That it was a new policy. Eventually, I left with my passport. No visa! no $250!

I'm currently feeling robbed and dehumanized. I don't know how to go about this to seek justice.

Pls can anyone help me with advise or pro bono services because I believe I have a good case and such inhuman acts shouldn't be allowed.

Call me I'll connect to my Vietnam partner who'll sort you out quickly.

+234 905 675 8863
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by YesDaddyTill203: 7:49pm On May 13
Ofunaofu:

Why are you angry at me?

This is not the first, and it won't be the last you will learn that Tinubu is the most notorious narcotics drug trafficker the city of Chicago has ever known.

Reno Omokri even said that he is a known drug lord and even went as far as challenging Tinubu to take him to court. 

Mumu, so Reno is now the US court system? CLown, I dare you to show us any document showing that Tinubu was ever changed, tried or convicted of any crime relating to drug or drug trafficking. I double dare you.
Reno dared your Agulu packaged fraudster to show any new school that he built in 8 years while ruling Anambra.
I also dare anyone to show me any document from any US govt website, State or federal showing that Tinubu was charged, tried or convicted of any drug crime.

You will never find one because it does not exist. Here in the US, if you are ever charged with such a crime, no matter how long, the court record will exist for all to see.

You better stop trafficking drugs to Asia before you end up on death row in Vietnam.
Now get lost.
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by Nyamiriflathed: 7:54pm On May 13
250 dollars just like that in this tough economy.
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by kareemkamil(m): 7:55pm On May 13
Just go to human rights radio station
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by Nyamiriflathed: 7:57pm On May 13
As much as I feel sorry for OP. He appears to be a genuine traveller, however, cases of Nigerian drug traffickers in the far East and now India has shot up through the roof.

They were just looking for an excuse to deny you.

1 Like

Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by emmatony: 7:59pm On May 13
Nigeria charges Indians the same amount to get a Nigerian VISA. India does reciprocity. Whatever a country charges its Nationals for a VISA, the same amount will be charged to the Nationals of that country

proeast:
I just had a nasty experience at the Indian consulate in Ho Chi Minh City.

Here is the entire story:

On Friday, I went to the Indian consulate in HCMC to apply for one month tourist visa, after booking online the previous night. On getting to the consulate, the lady at the reception took my documents inside and after a while, returned to tell me that my visa has been granted in principle. That i have been issued with a single entry visa. However, I must pay 6.3000,000.00 VND about $250. I was shocked when I heard this because I already paid the agent that booked the appointment $100 thinking it included visa fees. They said it was because I’m a Nigerian and we are charged higher. Nevertheless, I decided to go ahead and pay the amount to save myself further stress. But the lady again, insisted I must pay cash.

I called a Vietnamese lady who accompanied me and she helped provide the balance because I had only 3+ million VND with me.

After paying, they collected my passport, Vietnamese visa and then conducted biometrics on me. Then I left.

This morning, I received a call from the consulate that I have to pay another 8 million VND otherwise my visa would not be issued to me. I was shocked and I told them that I can't pay a dime again. They either issue my visa or refund my money. The lady agreed that I should come and get the refund. However, on getting to the consulate, they refused to give me the refund. That it was a new policy. Eventually, I left with my passport. No visa! no $250!

I'm currently feeling robbed and dehumanized. I don't know how to go about this to seek justice.

Pls can anyone help me with advise or pro bono services because I believe I have a good case and such inhuman acts shouldn't be allowed.

1 Like

Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by goslowgoslow(m): 8:06pm On May 13
atobs4real:
We have also damaged every where with our bad reputation
Igbos (w❌e) have also damaged every where with their bad reputation.
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by Christlike01: 8:08pm On May 13
They said it was because I’m a Nigerian and we are charged higher.

Above statement says it all! We all know those "Nigerians" who have completely soiled both the name and image of Nigeria and genuine Nigerians abroad!

Who do I mean ? Take a look at the guy below ,,especially the shape of his head; na dem!

One werey above is desperately trying to shift the focus away from his criminal,evil forest- dwelling people,from a cursed tribe,that we all know are responsible for the ill-treatment of genuine Nigerians abroad. Werey is trying to gaslight Abike Dabiri instead of addressing the real issue of the criminal activities of his own brothers overseas!

Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 8:08pm On May 13
They are taking money in advance because they know you are probably going to run away...

This is Nigeria for you
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by Santalpharay: 8:10pm On May 13
OriOko88:
He knew you re ibo which means u could be into drugs. Pele take heart tongue

You are a useless thing
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:15pm On May 13
This is open sunlight robbery. They took all your money after failing to give you visa.
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by Goodman247: 8:15pm On May 13
Dem don scam you, When we tell una make una no spoil Nigerian name una no dey hear, see now
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by iLoveYouToo(m): 8:15pm On May 13
onadana:

Wetin you dey go find for India,the rape capital of the world.

I never know wetin wan carry me go Vietnam talk more of India. Una dey try sha. You’ll now hear that a Nigerian (most likely of Ibo extraction) is victimized in Bangladesh, seeking justice. SMH

Of all countries in the world 🤷‍♂️ Who do us this thing?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by Mikkyjagga200: 8:18pm On May 13
Let Mrs a bike dabiri heard about this
This is inhuman
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by pseudaria: 8:20pm On May 13
atobs4real:
We have also damaged every where with our bad reputation
Reputation at work

Shut the Bleep up. We don't do 1/4 of what the Chinese and Russians commit in terms of fraud but they can't try this shit with them. Nigeria has no international standing that's why we are bleeped everywhere we go. There is something called social capital which is what countries with est while bad reputation such as Saudi are trying to generate by hosting world events such as sports economic summits, festivals and other shit. It helps them to increase their international standing. For a country like Nigeria with lots of diaspora population we need good and intelligent leaders who can curry favours with international leaders that's the only way shithole countries like India will stop fucking with us
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by omode2(m): 8:23pm On May 13
Them Don run you street. I used to think Nigerians are the master of fraud but Indians and Pakistan beats us. I had a Pakistani trading forex for me. The guy defrauded me by hackinginto my account and wasting my equity. I was being faithful by paying him his share. They are more terrible than us, is just that Nigerians make too much noise.

1 Like

Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by KayB: 8:25pm On May 13
Do you have a receipt or any document to show that the money was to this embassy.
If you're a clean, legal visitor go straight to the nearby police station as well as nearest Nigerian embassy.
Let your complaints be documented and if possible get immigration lawyer to not only sue them but demand damages and compensation.
Your Vietnamese guard should help you navigate
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by tubolancer(m): 8:32pm On May 13
zombieHUNTER:
With crooked presidents like Buhari and Tinubu

How do you feel the rest of the world see Nigeria..

It is not the president, your people are the cause of everything.
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by joseph1832(m): 8:42pm On May 13
Ishilove:

See the rubbish you're writing
It is how you know extremely foolish individuals.

People like the moniker you quoted, are the type who use the toilet, and believe it's not their duty to flush their shit.
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by Thonee(m): 8:46pm On May 13
I still dey pity all of una wey dey worship white people in Africa.
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by Mirasteel: 8:47pm On May 13
Indians are as corrupt as Nigerians.
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by silento(m): 8:48pm On May 13
kheny12:
vietnamese currency is one of the worstest currency in the world grin

Is it not better for him to relocate back to Nigeria , maybe for idomota or upper iweka he start business there at least his money will have value

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

LASG Unveils Lagos Ride Scheme. / My Experience Getting My NIN In Poland / Building A Rapid Mass Transit System (Metro-Rail) In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.