Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,751 members, 7,844,466 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians (29839 Views)

Coronavirus: US Consulate In Nigeria Cancels All Visa Applications / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / Breathtaking Bridge In Vietnam Looks Like Something From Lord Of The Rings(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by zombieHUNTER: 8:50pm On May 13
tubolancer:
It is not the president, your people are the cause of everything.

exactly..

The reason why the Naira is worthless and you can afford groceries
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by VaginaAcademic: 8:59pm On May 13
silento:
This one I dey hear million for just 250$
Abi e get anything I no dey understand well

So u will make 10millon for there come back to Nigeria, only to see 850k after exchanging

inflation wan kee Vietnamese people so tey embassy come dey scam people
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by correctguy101(m): 9:06pm On May 13
LegendHero:
Nawa o.

I guess they are treating Nigeria that way coz of too much drug trafficking and fraud committed in that country.

However, the embassy there are trying to defraud you. Even Abike Dabiri won’t be able to help if they indeed say it is their policy. You $250 is forfeited.

You can either take them to court but I doubt you’ll get justice in that country.

Plus he paid in cash...

Not $250, but 6.3million VND. shocked

And who says only Nigerians do drugs trade there? The whole world knows that country, laos and Burma are one hot pot for every illegal business there is... Even their politicians are like our own here, crazy bastaards all off them...

He should push his case still.. who knows...
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by jaszplus12(m): 9:16pm On May 13
proeast:

Pls how can I get her contact? It’s obvious I’m not the only Nigerian they’re doing this. They will check the account statement you submitted, if they find reasonable amount in it, they will begin their extortion racketeering.

Some people are already volunteering here in Vietnam to take up the case.
They're learning from Nigerians already!!
Just the same measure Nigeria embassy's staff mets out to other nationals, and at airport too!
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by LegendHero(m): 9:22pm On May 13
correctguy101:

Plus he paid in cash...

Not $250, but 6.3million VND. shocked

And who says only Nigerians do drugs trade there? The whole world knows that country, laos and Burma are one hot pot for every illegal business there is... Even their politicians are like our own here, crazy bastaards all off them...

He should push his case still.. who knows...

I mentioned $250 because in his post that the conversion of the 6.3m VND is $250.

He can push his case. I will wish him best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by Wotowotoman: 9:23pm On May 13
proeast:
I just had a nasty experience at the Indian consulate in Ho Chi Minh City.

Here is the entire story:

On Friday, I went to the Indian consulate in HCMC to apply for one month tourist visa, after booking online the previous night. On getting to the consulate, the lady at the reception took my documents inside and after a while, returned to tell me that my visa has been granted in principle. That i have been issued with a single entry visa. However, I must pay 6.3000,000.00 VND about $250. I was shocked when I heard this because I already paid the agent that booked the appointment $100 thinking it included visa fees. They said it was because I’m a Nigerian and we are charged higher. Nevertheless, I decided to go ahead and pay the amount to save myself further stress. But the lady again, insisted I must pay cash.

I called a Vietnamese lady who accompanied me and she helped provide the balance because I had only 3+ million VND with me.

After paying, they collected my passport, Vietnamese visa and then conducted biometrics on me. Then I left.

This morning, I received a call from the consulate that I have to pay another 8 million VND otherwise my visa would not be issued to me. I was shocked and I told them that I can't pay a dime again. They either issue my visa or refund my money. The lady agreed that I should come and get the refund. However, on getting to the consulate, they refused to give me the refund. That it was a new policy. Eventually, I left with my passport. No visa! no $250!

I'm currently feeling robbed and dehumanized. I don't know how to go about this to seek justice.

Pls can anyone help me with advise or pro bono services because I believe I have a good case and such inhuman acts shouldn't be allowed.

All this because of 250 dollars? undecided

When you go US embassy or UK embassy, do they refund your money after denying you a visa
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by Majesty7: 9:25pm On May 13
proeast:

allowed.

Why do you have to pay the $250? Why?
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by Papayaayasager(m): 9:26pm On May 13
ZaddyJ:
Re you igbo ?

His Yoruba, why ask?

1 Like

Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by Wotowotoman: 9:26pm On May 13
Divinesupply:

Call me I'll connect to my Vietnam partner who'll sort you out quickly.

+234 905 675 8863

Yahoo boy. You no dey feel sorry for the guy? You still wan chop him remaining money. Yamayama fall on that your bald head there angry

1 Like

Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by qtx(m): 9:30pm On May 13
And see some of them ye ye people de waka for Nigeria without even a passport talkless of Visa. All con men and women.

1 Like

Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by Predonshire: 9:46pm On May 13

Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by OniyideAmplify(m): 9:48pm On May 13
proeast:

Pls how can I get her contact? It’s obvious I’m not the only Nigerian they’re doing this. They will check the account statement you submitted, if they find reasonable amount in it, they will begin their extortion racketeering.

This matter is a very serious one mehn.. They needs to be charged I swear

1 Like

Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by OniyideAmplify(m): 9:49pm On May 13
proeast:

Please pardon us to drag them on Twitter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by Mcslize: 9:53pm On May 13
proeast:

Such a bad experience. Please, don't let this die. Make sure you follow this up. Let this serves as a lesson to them. By the time they pay for damages, they will learn.

Also, if they have handle on tweeter, put up your story there and tag them and any appropriate international human right bodies.

1 Like

Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by Mayflowa(m): 10:14pm On May 13
LegendHero:
Nawa o.

I guess they are treating Nigeria that way coz of too much drug trafficking and fraud committed in that country.

However, the embassy there are trying to defraud you. Even Abike Dabiri won’t be able to help if they indeed say it is their policy. You $250 is forfeited.

You can either take them to court but I doubt you’ll get justice in that country.

Is this how you lose hope in things that concern you? Try to tone down on your pessimism. People fight injustice and win every day. If you fight and lose, you have won. You are a loser when you don’t venture at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by AmericanIdiot(m): 10:23pm On May 13
U sef Wetin u dey do for Vietnam
No be useless country b dat?
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by good4all40: 10:32pm On May 13
This is sad! with just Benin Republic passport, you can get your Indian visa online in less than 48 hours the Nigerian passport is not respected or regarded anywhere in the world.

This is a clear extortion you have a case.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by omoluka: 10:39pm On May 13
What are you guys doing in India?
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by eepeepook: 10:47pm On May 13
Well, lesson learned. Sorry.
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by InvertedHammer: 10:52pm On May 13
proeast:

On Friday, I went to the Indian consulate in HCMC to apply for one month tourist visa, after booking online the previous night. On getting to the consulate, the lady at the reception took my documents inside and after a while, returned to tell me that my visa has been granted in principle. That i have been issued with a single entry visa. However, I must pay 6.3000,000.00 VND about $250. I was shocked when I heard this because I already paid the agent that booked the appointment $100 thinking it included visa fees. They said it was because I’m a Nigerian and we are charged higher. Nevertheless, I decided to go ahead and pay the amount to save myself further stress. But the lady again, insisted I must pay cash.

I called a Vietnamese lady who accompanied me and she helped provide the balance because I had only 3+ million VND with me.

After paying, they collected my passport, Vietnamese visa and then conducted biometrics on me. Then I left.

This morning, I received a call from the consulate that I have to pay another 8 million VND otherwise my visa would not be issued to me. I was shocked and I told them that I can't pay a dime again. They either issue my visa or refund my money. The lady agreed that I should come and get the refund. However, on getting to the consulate, they refused to give me the refund. That it was a new policy. Eventually, I left with my passport. No visa! no $250!

I'm currently feeling robbed and dehumanized. I don't know how to go about this to seek justice.

Pls can anyone help me with advise or pro bono services because I believe I have a good case and such inhuman acts shouldn't be allowed.
/
Follow it up.

Meanwhile follow rule #1 --Do not go where you are not welcomed. Sometimes you Nigerians are too desperate to go to hell as long as there is visa involved.

Tourist visa to India? Wetin you dey find?
/
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by omoluka: 10:56pm On May 13
iLoveYouToo:

I never know wetin wan carry me go Vietnam talk more of India. Una dey try sha. You’ll now hear that a Nigerian (most likely of Ibo extraction) is victimized in Bangladesh, seeking justice. SMH

Of all countries in the world 🤷‍♂️ Who do us this thing?
Check well, it is mostly people from the east that travel to all these Asian countries. I don't know what will take me to Vietnam talkless of India.
Countries i can travel to in the whole of Asia are not more than six.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by CapitalBank: 11:26pm On May 13
proeast:

You get this kind thing, you carry am come Nairaland instead of posting on Twitter for faster and wider reach.

Do you have a Twitter account?
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by proeast(m): 11:43pm On May 13
wman:
This is sad.

Post this on Twitter. Tag the "Nigerians in Diaspora Commission." Tag "Abike Dabiri" and other relevant folks too.

I have sent an email to Mrs. Abike Dabiri through her office. I explained everything on the email and I’m praying she responds.

1 Like

Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by BluntCrazeMan: 11:44pm On May 13
proeast:

They do any Nonsense to Nigerians because they know that Nigerians don't currently have a government that cares for the citizens.

Sorry bro.
Nigeria just happened to you over there.!!
Upon say you have left the shores of the country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by proeast(m): 11:47pm On May 13
CapitalBank:

You get this kind thing, you carry am come Nairaland instead of posting on Twitter for faster and wider reach.

Do you have a Twitter account?

Yes, I have a twitter account but it’s not verified with the blue tag, so I can’t make a long post like this. However, I will be writing to the Indian embassy in Hanoi this morning.

I’m escalating this on every platform I can because it needs to generate publicity to expose them.
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by proeast(m): 11:49pm On May 13
omoluka:

Check well, it is mostly people from the east that travel to all these Asian countries. I don't know what will take me to Vietnam talkless of India.
Countries i can travel to in the whole of Asia are not more than six.

There are Nigerians teaching ESL and living good lives in Vietnam. There are others doing 💯 legitimate business there too. It’s not all Nigerians in South East Asia that are into crimes.
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by proeast(m): 11:51pm On May 13
InvertedHammer:

/
Follow it up.

Meanwhile follow rule #1 --Do not go where you are not welcomed. Sometimes you Nigerians are too desperate to go to hell as long as there is visa involved.

Tourist visa to India? Wetin you dey find?
/

I was going to India on 💯 tourism basis. My intention was to stay in New Delhi for just 5 days and visit the Taj Mahal before returning to Vietnam. I wasn’t going to India to live and I explained all these to them at the consulate.
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by proeast(m): 11:58pm On May 13
Wotowotoman:

All this because of 250 dollars? undecided

When you go US embassy or UK embassy, do they refund your money after denying you a visa

Please read the post again to understand it better. My visa application was not denied. They granted me visa in principle and asked me to pay the equivalent of $250 and return in a few days time to collect it. This happened on Friday, then on Monday morning, they called me that I have to make another payment of over $300 before they will process my visa.

It’s a racket for extortion. They must have been doing this others too. It’s not just about the money, I may decide to forget it and walk away, but other Nigerians are being robbed too. Someone needs to take it up with them.
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by proeast(m): 12:04am On May 14
emmatony:

Nigeria charges Indians the same amount to get a Nigerian VISA. India does reciprocity. Whatever a country charges its Nationals for a VISA, the same amount will be charged to the Nationals of that country

It’s not just about the fee, but the shady nature of the transaction.

I went to the consulate on Friday morning, they told me I will have to pay the equivalent of $250 after going through the papers I submitted. They insisted I must pay cash.

After making payment, they told me my visa will be ready between Wednesday and Friday of the next week.

On Monday, the following week, they called me on phone and told me that I have to pay another money, an equivalent of over $300 dollars or else my visa won’t be processed. This is where it gets ridiculous.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by westside365: 12:11am On May 14
proeast:

Wetin Una dey find for India of all places? Mtcheww
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by proeast(m): 12:18am On May 14
Jetline:

Unfortunately, but the truth is Naija is better than India.India is more corrupt. We have so many of them here in Canada. In my former job, I had some of them as my friends and they told me the honest truth why they ran away from India to Canada. Most of them are very poor in India and borrowed money to fund their japa move to Canada and thats why they work 2-3 jobs even as students to repay their loans. They also told me there is a trick they use so that CRA will not know that they are doing more than 20hrs a week(thats bf the limit was lifted). They are very corrupt and even cheat at work to get extra hrs.I can't believe that some Naija guyz want to go to India for hussle. But your case is visit, quite understandable. The lady just scammed you by collecting cash. If you escalate, they would tell you to provide an evidence of payment.Just move on...I also forget to tell you they hate blacks especially in their country...India is a jungle!

No, not hustle at all. My intention was to stay in New Delhi for five days and use the time to reapply for Vietnam visa. I also wanted to visit the Taj Mahal that is near to New Delhi. You can’t apply for Vietnam visa while still within the country.

I already have a job in Vietnam and have no business staying more than few days in India. Besides I would be returning with my return ticket if I had gone to India.

The lady is just a front desk receptionist, her boss is also involved in it. I have witnesses (two Vietnamese nationals who went with me). I have evidence through the online booking. The money I used to make payment was provided by the Vietnamese lady and she withdrew it from bank.

If I have to move on eventually, I will. But I won’t move on without giving it a fight. I will be contacting the Indian embassy in Hanoi by email or phone this morning.
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by proeast(m): 12:25am On May 14
Akamon:
Where's the Kenyan CNN Reporter. CNN/BBC must hear this

Pls any contact for publicity on this issue will be appreciated.

They thought I will be accepting to pay the extra charges because they saw ‘reasonable’ amount of money in my account, and I had few days left before my visa expires. When I refused, the man was kinda disappointed because I saw the look on his face.

I would like to grant an interview or whatever on this issue if I have to.

Even if I lose the money, I would be happy to see their image tarnished for it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

LASG Unveils Lagos Ride Scheme. / My Experience Getting My NIN In Poland / Building A Rapid Mass Transit System (Metro-Rail) In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.