Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,109 members, 7,845,671 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

Pastor Ebenezer Oduntan Jailed In The UK For Pocketing Church Funds - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Pastor Ebenezer Oduntan Jailed In The UK For Pocketing Church Funds (47018 Views)

Driver & Conductor Arrested For Pick-pocketing Inside Bus In Lagos State(photo) / Nigerian Sexual Predator Who Groomed Young Girls Online Is Jailed In UK. Photo / Adetokunbo Ajibola Jailed In UK For Drug Dealings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Ebenezer Oduntan Jailed In The UK For Pocketing Church Funds by membranus: 1:13pm On May 14
PlasmaTV:

Is everything fine at home?? Do you need a therapist?

It is you that needs one. Dial him.
Re: Pastor Ebenezer Oduntan Jailed In The UK For Pocketing Church Funds by 1Sharon(f): 1:53pm On May 14
Konquest:

Such an elaborate scam.

This is why religious groups must NEVER be allowed to go off the trail. They MUST be monitored in terms of financial accountability and also ensure that they do NOT continue to use elements of scaremongering and mass psychology on their gullible members back in Nigeria or within the huge Diaspora communities in the UK, the U.S., Canada, Ghana, Cote d'Ivoire, etc.

What the Nigerian government won't do, another government will πŸ˜‚

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Ebenezer Oduntan Jailed In The UK For Pocketing Church Funds by Kobojunkie: 2:24pm On May 14
Starzo:
β–  I know you must be here....every negative news about a church gives you orgasms. Even the positive,you somehow manage to extract negativity with your perverted reasoning. Don't go and do something reasonable with your life, continue roaming social Media all day in search of material to attack the church.... since you have nothing meaningful to do with your life and attacking pastors is your life's calling,I wish you great success in your 'life's calling'
Again, Which God? Hope you don't mean the same God who referred to these men as thieves who come to steal, to kill, and to destroy His flock - Ezekiel 34 vs 1- 21 & John 10 vs 7 - 16? Christianity is indeed a religion of serious mindfuckery! How can you be for a God whose teachings and commandments you blatantly defy by your every action? undecided
Re: Pastor Ebenezer Oduntan Jailed In The UK For Pocketing Church Funds by Kobojunkie: 2:27pm On May 14
ayyoshert:
β–  CSR?? As in Corporate Social Responsibility I actually thought that is one Corporate governance principle that is usually adopted by a profit oriented organization, not an NPO, Charitable organization and most especially a religious organization. CSR? Church on its own is supposed to be a charitable association, that is what they should be.
How many churches in Nigeria truly operate as charitable organizations? grin

1 Like

Re: Pastor Ebenezer Oduntan Jailed In The UK For Pocketing Church Funds by Konquest: 2:35pm On May 14
1Sharon:

What the Nigerian government won't do, another government will πŸ˜‚
@1Sharon.

Indeed, Nigeria has to set the right foundation for the adoption of global standards of financial accountability in all Nigerian-affiliated organisations just like we have in other foreign jurisdictions.

Of course there'll be some resistance from a large section of the Nigerian clergymen and the few lemmings among their followers will naturally use the FEAR FACTOR to emphasize that the government OR any regulatory agency officials will go to "hellfire" for trying to "fight God." Just the usual mass psychology used right from medieval times. The government must never back down but continue to EMPHASIZE on the several global regulatory best practices to BLOCK financial leakages and reduce financial crimes like the one you have posted here from the UK on your insightful thread.

Last but NOT least, financial accountability MUST be a top priority whether in the government space, family space, business space, or religious space in order to gravitate away from the annoying label of "significant underachievers."

Enjoy the rest of your day.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Ebenezer Oduntan Jailed In The UK For Pocketing Church Funds by Starzo: 3:06pm On May 14
Kobojunkie:
Again, Which God? Hope you don't mean the same God who referred to these men as thieves who come to steal, to kill, and to destroy His flock - Ezekiel 34 vs 1- 21 & John 10 vs 7 - 16? Christianity is indeed a religion of serious mindfuckery! How can you be for a God whose teachings and commandments you blatantly defy by your every action? undecided
Starting from this very moment,try to start doing something meaningful with your life

Sitting down all day looking for any negative news about a church to jump on is a wasteful way of spending your time on earth
Re: Pastor Ebenezer Oduntan Jailed In The UK For Pocketing Church Funds by Kobojunkie: 3:16pm On May 14
Starzo:
β–  Starting from this very moment,try to start doing something meaningful with your life. Sitting down all day looking for any negative news about a church to jump on is a wasteful way of spending your time on earth
I am happily unemployed by world standards! Have been for many years now. Jesus Christ said those who belong to Him do not Work for food that perishes but instead work for food that endures to eternal life β€” John 6 vs 25 - 35β€” and I am glad I obeyed Him. I prefer the kind of work He has me doing right now compared to that which I used to do before which was nothing but suffering. So, stop trying to tempt me into living my life according to the worms in your mind instead. undecided

Now, back to the issue at hand. Again, Which God? Hope you don't mean the same God who referred to these men as thieves who come to steal, to kill, and to destroy His flock - Ezekiel 34 vs 1- 21 & John 10 vs 7 - 16? Christianity is indeed a religion of serious mindfuckery! How can you be for a God whose teachings and commandments you blatantly defy by your every action? undecided
Re: Pastor Ebenezer Oduntan Jailed In The UK For Pocketing Church Funds by Starzo: 7:56pm On May 14
Kobojunkie:
I am happily unemployed by world standards! Have been for many years now. Jesus Christ said those who belong to Him do not Work for food that perishes but instead work for food that endures to eternal life β€” John 6 vs 25 - 35β€” and I am glad I obeyed Him. I prefer the kind of work He has me doing right now compared to that which I used to do before which was nothing but suffering. So, stop trying to tempt me into living my life according to the worms in your mind instead. undecided

Now, back to the issue at hand. Again, Which God? Hope you don't mean the same God who referred to these men as thieves who come to steal, to kill, and to destroy His flock - Ezekiel 34 vs 1- 21 & John 10 vs 7 - 16? Christianity is indeed a religion of serious mindfuckery! How can you be for a God whose teachings and commandments you blatantly defy by your every action? undecided

The 'kind of work' he has you doing is you attacking every Christian and calling Christianity(attempting to being Christ-like) a stupid mindfuckery...why am i not surprised?. Even the devil quoted scriptures to tempt Jesus..... you're actually the one who's being seriously mindfucked

You are right in one thing tho, i.e, somebody actually has you on leech working 24/7 for him. The scriptures you deliberately misquote everytime even describes him with one term, THE ACCUSER OF THE BRETHREN.

Before you reply with misquoted scriptures in vain attempt to defend your misguided tantrums, properly analyze your actions and behavior with an open mind and from a place of no RESENTMENTS. If you can actually do this, you'd see how far off the rails you have gone. Maybe then you'll start making necessary adjustments.
Re: Pastor Ebenezer Oduntan Jailed In The UK For Pocketing Church Funds by Kobojunkie: 8:00pm On May 14
Starzo:
β–  The 'kind of work' he has you doing is you attacking every Christian and calling Christianity(attempting to being Christ-like) a stupid mindfuckery...why am i not surprised?. Even the devil quoted scriptures to tempt Jesus..... you're actually the one who's being seriously mindfucked
β–  You are right in one thing tho, i.e, somebody actually has you on leech working 24/7 for him. The scriptures you deliberately misquote everytime even describes him with one term, THE ACCUSER OF THE BRETHREN.
β–  Before you reply with misquoted scriptures in vain attempt to defend your misguided tantrums, properly analyze your actions and behavior with an open mind and from a place of no RESENTMENTS. If you can actually do this, you'd see how far off the rails you have gone. Maybe then you'll start making necessary adjustments.
The devil does not quote the bible abeg! Rather, he does the same thing you Christians do which is to quote verses out of context to assert your own interpretations in place of the writer's intended message. Why else do you think Jesus Christ directly quoted from the Law of Moses all three times in response to Him? grin

2. I am not leeching from anyone at all same way Jesus Christ and his disciples were not leeching from anyone even while they did not do earthly work for the whole period of their lives from the time they met Jesus Christ. undecided

3. With your religious kind, I don't bother pointing out the fact that you are merely interested in quoting scripture like the devil in order to further your selfish intentions all of the time as it is obvious even to you that you do that. grin

Re: Pastor Ebenezer Oduntan Jailed In The UK For Pocketing Church Funds by Starzo: 9:59pm On May 14
Kobojunkie:
The devil does not quote the bible abeg! Rather, he does the same thing you Christians do which is to quote verses out of context to assert your own interpretations in place of the writer's intended message. Why else do you think Jesus Christ directly quoted from the Law of Moses all three times in response to Him? grin

2. I am not leeching from anyone at all same way Jesus Christ and his disciples were not leeching from anyone even while they did not do earthly work for the whole period of their lives from the time they met Jesus Christ. undecided

3. With your religious kind, I don't bother pointing out the fact that you are merely interested in quoting scripture like the devil in order to further your selfish intentions all of the time as it is obvious even to you that you do that. grin

You are claiming to do the work of Christ by attacking attacking every single Christian and Christianity.... it's either you're deliberately and purposely being mischievous or seriously mindfucking yourself

For your sake, I hope it's the former. It would mean you're not a complete dunce.

Whichever way it is,one thing is clear, there's nothing christlike about the 'work' you're doing. But your master is pleased tho
Re: Pastor Ebenezer Oduntan Jailed In The UK For Pocketing Church Funds by Kobojunkie: 10:08pm On May 14
Starzo:
β–  You are claiming to do the work of Christ by attacking every single Christian and Christianity.... it's either you're deliberately and purposely being mischievous or seriously mindfucking yourself. For your sake, I hope it's the former. It would mean you're not a complete dunce. Whichever way it is,one thing is clear, there's nothing christlike about the 'work' you're doing. But your master is pleased tho
Christianity, like the religion of the Pharisees, has nothing to do with Jesus Christ. And like Jesus Christ called out the lies of the Pharisees before you, so also, I call out your Christian lies. grin

Re: Pastor Ebenezer Oduntan Jailed In The UK For Pocketing Church Funds by Starzo: 11:10pm On May 14
Kobojunkie:
Christianity, like the religion of the Pharisees, has nothing to do with Jesus Christ. And like Jesus Christ called out the lies of the Pharisees before you, so also, I call out your Christian lies. grin

Quoting Bible upandan won't deflect from what you are

Continue wasting time ...your master is pleased

I pray it does not become too late for you
Re: Pastor Ebenezer Oduntan Jailed In The UK For Pocketing Church Funds by Kobojunkie: 11:56pm On May 14
Starzo:
β–  Quoting Bible upandan won't deflect from what you are. Continue wasting time ...your master is pleased. I pray it does not become too late for you
My master is most definitely pleased with me cause I am still here doing what He wants me to do while He keeps insisting, "Don't worry!". grin

Re: Pastor Ebenezer Oduntan Jailed In The UK For Pocketing Church Funds by OgaTheTop2: 12:34am On May 15
1Sharon:
All you lots that want to japa, learn. In the West you would be held accountable. Religious sentiments and emotional blackmail doesn't work on westerners, you would still be queried and face the law.

"Daddy in the Lord" " "Touch not my anointed" ends in Nigeria.
Exactly!
Re: Pastor Ebenezer Oduntan Jailed In The UK For Pocketing Church Funds by Uchek(m): 2:55am On May 15
So true!

immortalcrown:
He thought it is in Africa where fools will shield him by shouting "Judge not." and "Touch not my anointed".

They claim that hardship and lack of opportunities are the reason they resort to crime in Nigeria. But when they go to places with opportunities, they champion crime.

Meanwhile, those who condemn the entire Igbo tribe whenever an Igbo person is accused of a crime should try to understand that every tribe has criminals.

Most of or all the comments in this first page of this post do not condemn the entire tribe of the accused man. Most of the comments focus on the man and his action, without condemning his tribe. That is the right way to handle crime posts.

But if the man had an Igbo name, most of the comments will condemn the entire Igbo tribe and sound as if the post is about Obi and IPOB. Yet, it is falsely claimed that Igbo people lead in tribal bigotry on this forum.

If you want to quote and attack me and you are sure you are not just a hater of truth, present any front page post about an Igbo criminal, let's look at the comments on the post.
Re: Pastor Ebenezer Oduntan Jailed In The UK For Pocketing Church Funds by TariDisemi300: 9:30pm On May 16
PlasmaTV:

Shut up.
I could, and would probably talk anytime i want. I can’t say the same about your comatose brain cells.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Drama As Fake Soldier Runs On Sighting Army Vehicle On Lagos-Ibadan Road / Man Dies By The Road Side In Delta, Do You Know Him? (Photos) / Kidnappers Kill 8-Year-Old Asma’u In Kaduna After Collected N3m Ransom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.