Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,133 members, 7,845,760 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles (17080 Views)

Conversion Of Petrol Vehicles To CNG To Cost Between N300,000 To N600,000 – FG / NMDPRA Confirms Supply Of Petrol With Methanol Above Specification / Lagos Danfo Buses Now Use Gas Instead Of Petrol - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles by GlorifiedTunde(m): 7:40am On May 14
Alexious:

But why were you just swift to condemn Government's policy without understanding what CNG, LPG and Natural Gas is ?

It's not about swiftness in condemning, it's an unbiased argument coming from a place of admitted ignorance.
Re: Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles by commoditiesnig: 7:40am On May 14
Good decision.

I always say alternatives are very important! CNG is a good alternative to petrol.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles by highchief1: 7:41am On May 14
GAZZUZZ:
…Directs mandatory procurement of CNG-powered vehicles

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/05/tinubu-bans-purchase-of-petrol-dependent-vehicles/amp/
some of us that supported him have gone into hiding.hasty decision.beautiful policies but bad timing.Thats the definition of tinubu govt.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles by Alexious(m): 7:41am On May 14
GlorifiedTunde:

It's not about swiftness in condemning, it's an unbiased argument coming from a place of admitted ignorance.

It's Alright, we learn every day.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles by Jahwinaboy(m): 7:41am On May 14
PARADIZEPRIEST:
IF PETROL MARKETERS CABAL ARE BENT ON EXPLOITING NIGERIANS,THIS is BEST WAY TO GO, BREAK THEIR BACKS,DESTROY THIER CABALS.THANKS PTINUBU,MAN OF THE PEOPLE. angry
You seem not to understand. I don't think anyone will complain if they diligently stand on policies that will favour the masses. This is not the first time we are having policy summersaults. Good policy on paper but implementation is the issue. Trial and error methods no be for struggling economy

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles by commoditiesnig: 7:42am On May 14
GlorifiedTunde:

My friend its okay, no need responding. This is simply a consequence of your ignorant post. Next just be thoughtful before posting

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles by Bullfallo(m): 7:42am On May 14
S country that depends so much on oil revenue? It’s only shows the government is directionless
Re: Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles by Bluntemperor: 7:43am On May 14
adabaraabdul:

it really saddens me how some people want the country to fail as if it wouldn't affect them directly or indirectly. If some Nigerians csn use their own money to convert their cars to CNG then with his policy direction Govrrnment has done well.

People who love to criticise govt hardly provide an alternative that is far better!
They try hard to criticise but woefully because of election loss and their leaders do same as the Social Media hunters.
Terribly Shameful!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles by Mucheer(m): 7:48am On May 14
Na wah ooo. Embezzlement! Embezzlement!! Embezzlement!!!
Re: Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles by PHAYOL81: 7:49am On May 14
Good idea but hope this won't end up escalating the price of CNG astronomically.
Re: Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles by bikefab(m): 7:49am On May 14
Mumu president. After spending millions of money to purchase SUV's for government officials and law makers. Now they are poised to budget another round of monies for CNG cars purchase. Tinubu will not stop until he destroys the economy. Man have made Buhari look like a saint. Yeye
Re: Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles by GloriousGbola: 7:50am On May 14
GAZZUZZ:

There are fleets of CNG Ehailing vehicles in Edo, Abuja , Lagos , Ibadan, Abeokuta and growing .

You don't have to be a pessimist all the time.

while some are wailing, others are hustling

the govt is SERIOUS about Autogas, and major marketers are reading the writing on the wall and planning their own autogas facilities

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:53am On May 14
Moikiitos:
Which one is more expensive the fuel driven vehicles or the CNG ones?

CNG brand new is more expensive.

Old govt vehicles can be converted

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles by Ediffizy: 7:55am On May 14
Foolish polices..focus on masses that voted for you into power...werey
Re: Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles by PHAYOL81: 8:03am On May 14
GlorifiedTunde:

Someone else corrected me and I expressed gratitude for that.

If this is the way you address issues and discussions, then you should see you have a big problem.

I admit my ignorance, but it doesn't call for all these misplaced insults!

JUST love your reply. It shows a lot of maturity.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles by fitinwell: 8:05am On May 14
GAZZUZZ:
…Directs mandatory procurement of CNG-powered vehicles

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/05/tinubu-bans-purchase-of-petrol-dependent-vehicles/amp/

This guys noses how to bobo the ever gullible Nigerians....
Re: Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles by Chucks13: 8:05am On May 14
Henry22:

He will never address the immediate problems the poor masses are facing, this one is ten times more clueless than his principal.

You missed the point. This directive came in light with the way Atiku, the Northern vultures who satt on top of our oil fighting toot and nails to suffers the masses by using the damn petrol marketer cabals against every move the govt is making to ease petrol problem.

Honestly if not that the masses who will suffers it the CNG is the best because I still don't understand why anytime anybody from the South become the president the northern vulture will not rest till they send the person out of power through every means.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles by pocom16: 8:08am On May 14
royalwax2:

Meanwhile, Nigeria is supposed to be an oil exporting nation.
We are not supposed to be encouraging all these CNG and ELECTRIC VEHICLE stuff.
Na who go come buy our oil since the country depends so much on it's sales?
CNG is also from oil and gas..
Secondly Oil is used for way more than to produce Petrol

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles by Akalia(m): 8:09am On May 14
garriAndsugar:
At first you will think he knows what he's doing.

At the end it's all rubbish as CNG price won't still be affordable for the poor masses.
Tinubu is idealistic but not realistic and that makes him a fool.
Re: Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles by pocom16: 8:10am On May 14
Bullfallo:
S country that depends so much on oil revenue? It’s only shows the government is directionless

You are not reasoning straight.

If every petrol vehicle begins to run on gas it won't affect oil revenues..may I remind you that the oil revenues comes from export not domestic use

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles by anonimi: 8:10am On May 14
Putindbutt:
To your small brain, the office of the presidency is not part of FEC?, was his office exempted?. nutjob

..................is what you are until the president starts using CNG vehicles.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles by Angelfrost(m): 8:13am On May 14
GlorifiedTunde:

Someone else corrected me and I expressed gratitude for that.

If this is the way you address issues and discussions, then you should see you have a big problem.

I admit my ignorance, but it doesn't call for all these misplaced insults!

The person you responded to lacks maturity... You are casting pearls before swine.

I love to put them where they belong... They are ill-bred and looking for where to transfer frustration and aggression.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles by pocom16: 8:14am On May 14
tctrills:

Oga we don't have up to 0.001% of cars using CNG in any state. Please let them leave the gas for cooking. The price is already high enough.
CNG, LNG and LPG are different things entirely

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles by Angelfrost(m): 8:17am On May 14
GloriousGbola:

while some are wailing, others are hustling

the govt is SERIOUS about Autogas, and major marketers are reading the writing on the wall and planning their own autogas facilities

I sincerely wish CNG revolution will become very widespread in Nigeria and Africa... If possible, electric automobiles will also become commonplace.

It will make the downstream sector highly competitive, and destroy the Fuel cabal choking the masses.

It's a great direction...!

Nigerians like to use monopoly to hurt their fellow citizens... More competition across sectors will stem the tide of exploitation.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles by Curious345: 8:17am On May 14
Good move
Re: Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles by Vulcan24(m): 8:19am On May 14
Ordinarily a gradual phase out is the best but the non compliant attitude of Nigerians and recalcitrance will better be understood by a ban
Nonetheless we are not suppose to prioritize some things that are not beneficial to common man. There are pressing needs of the micro economy

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles by Curious345: 8:19am On May 14
Gazzuzz please where do you go for your CNG training?

And how many months did they train you..? I wanna check them out
Re: Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles by Moikiitos: 8:21am On May 14
Thanks for the information!

GAZZUZZ:

CNG brand new is more expensive.

Old govt vehicles can be converted

Re: Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles by Theoarhics: 8:26am On May 14
Another way for heads of ministry to steal money with this purchase of CNG vehicles.
Re: Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles by bobbiiee: 8:27am On May 14
I believe CNG is a great option. At the moment, it has limitations. Cost of conversion is not pocket friendly, and few stations dispense it.

GAZZUZZ:
We Got you covered .

CNG vehicle sale

https://www.nairaland.com/8091387/foreign-used-cng-toyota-corolla#129941660

GAZZUZZ CNG

CNG conversion and retrofits .

Ogba Lagos 08033910382

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti8uqT8tJ48?si=B-1aQjzrlKhOChV9

Re: Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles by oyekanwahab(m): 8:33am On May 14
royalwax2:

Meanwhile, Nigeria is supposed to be an oil exporting nation.
We are not supposed to be encouraging all these CNG and ELECTRIC VEHICLE stuff.
Na who go come buy our oil since the country depends so much on it's sales?

Even country's that have more oil than us are all promoting cleaner fuels

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles by GloriousGbola: 8:34am On May 14
Angelfrost:

I sincerely wish CNG revolution will become very widespread in Nigeria and Africa... If possible, electric automobiles will also become commonplace.

It will make the downstream sector highly competitive, and destroy the Fuel cabal choking the masses.

It's a great direction...!

NNPC has plans to roll out Autogas stations across nigeria - it is just that their internal bureaucracy means they are slow
last week a friend got a contract to work on a cng plant for a downstream operator. they plan to roll out 10 of same

the good thing is this is proven and mature technology. they have been using it in india and pakistan since the 90s.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Brake Disc And Abs Problem With Toyota Highlander / Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa / How To Fix A Car That Doesn't Start (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.