Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,678 members, 7,854,850 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 08:43 AM

Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles (17212 Views)

Conversion Of Petrol Vehicles To CNG To Cost Between N300,000 To N600,000 – FG / NMDPRA Confirms Supply Of Petrol With Methanol Above Specification / Lagos Danfo Buses Now Use Gas Instead Of Petrol - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles by adabaraabdul: 8:35am On May 14
Bluntemperor:

People who love to criticise govt hardly provide an alternative that is far better!
They try hard to criticise but woefully because of election loss and their leaders do same as the Social Media hunters.
Terribly Shameful!
You couldn't have said this better.
Re: Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles by Donald7610: 8:39am On May 14
garriAndsugar:
At first you will think he knows what he's doing.

At the end it's all rubbish as CNG price won't still be affordable for the poor masses.
You know nothing
CNG is 300 per kg
Too volatile to use as cooking gas ⛽ 🍳 🍲

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles by tnerro1(m): 9:06am On May 14
Good one from the president, let the federal government also go a step further by buying only made in Nigeria or assembled in Nigeria vehicles for all agencies of government. Any head flouting such directives should be sacked immediately.

I like this approach

The president should also direct all MDAs to switch to SLTV and stop using DSTV in their offices nationwide.
Re: Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles by tnerro1(m): 9:10am On May 14
Emmastan291:
So what will happen now is that, they will abandon the fuel cars and purchase new ones with government money....

No , they will sell it to themselves at ridiculously low prices and buy CNG cars
Re: Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles by GlorifiedTunde(m): 9:35am On May 14
Angelfrost:

The person you responded to lacks maturity... You are casting pearls before swine.

I love to put them where they belong... They are ill-bred and looking for where to transfer frustration and aggression.

Thanks for this 🙏🏾
Re: Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles by GlorifiedTunde(m): 9:36am On May 14
PHAYOL81:

JUST love your reply. It shows a lot of maturity.

Thanks 😊
Re: Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles by GlorifiedTunde(m): 9:43am On May 14
commoditiesnig:

My friend its okay, no need responding. This is simply a consequence of your ignorant post. Next just be thoughtful before posting

I'm not your friend and I'm certainly not responding to you. So I don't owe you in particular any response or explanation.

You don't know me, and you're certainly incapable of assessing my knowledge-base based on a single topic.

Just move on!
Re: Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles by Enemyofpeace: 10:05am On May 14
I don't even know whether na me dey tired of Nigeria or na Nigeria dey tired of me. I just tire for everything including nairaland that is now fokn boring
Re: Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles by lazkizz(m): 10:28am On May 14
GAZZUZZ:
…Directs mandatory procurement of CNG-powered vehicles

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/05/tinubu-bans-purchase-of-petrol-dependent-vehicles/amp/
Pls how can I post the bold writing on nairaland, have tried countless times
Re: Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles by Santalpharay: 10:30am On May 14
Why do I feel like this man has left Nigerian masses behind.🤣. He has moved to CNG while the likes of his online Nairaland e warriors can buy fuel at high prices with their 30k stipend. Lol.🤣🤣🤣
Re: Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles by Santalpharay: 10:32am On May 14
Enemyofpeace:
I don't even know whether na me dey tired of Nigeria or na Nigeria dey tired of me. I just tire for everything including nairaland that is now fokn boring

Very boring, unlike before.
Re: Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles by Henry22(m): 10:34am On May 14
Chucks13:

You missed the point. This directive came in light with the way Atiku, the Northern vultures who satt on top of our oil fighting toot and nails to suffers the masses by using the damn petrol marketer cabals against every move the govt is making to ease petrol problem.

Honestly if not that the masses who will suffers it the CNG is the best because I still don't understand why anytime anybody from the South become the president the northern vulture will not rest till they send the person out of power through every means.

But I thought the north are jagabans very good friends?
Re: Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles by Henry22(m): 10:36am On May 14
Bluntemperor:

The Govt is given you the directions of where they are going Now but you try to be claiming Mumurism and by the time they tell you its full implementation - it's gas finally ,you remained in same Spot and you can't help yourself because of hatred!
Just like other Countries, doing away with anything Oil, because of the Climate Change- which is caused by terrible emissions.
In simple terms,though it will take years - for full implementation of a CNG Products( using Gas only) but we must start from Somewhere!
It is not everything that is foolish!

Keep living in self deceit, we all know this move is going nowhere....
Re: Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles by Enemyofpeace: 10:54am On May 14
Santalpharay:

Very boring, unlike before.
I blame seun and his so called moderators for everything. Nairaland is now as dry as the Sahara desert.
Re: Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles by AbuAeesha: 11:07am On May 14
GAZZUZZ:

We will convert all of them
i like your response.
where can one get to learn the process of CNG conversion for vehicles.
i stay in the north.
Re: Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles by ufotunang: 11:24am On May 14
This are people that already have many cars...just wasting money
Re: Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles by commoditiesnig: 11:26am On May 14
We hope CNG plants can be made more available to the populace soon as possible
Re: Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:39am On May 14
AbuAeesha:

i like your response.
where can one get to learn the process of CNG conversion for vehicles.
i stay in the north.

Contact me, we organize training in the north
Re: Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles by OlujobaSamuel: 12:39pm On May 14
2shure:
Hahahaha.its going to rise again.trust me.we are looking at 800 per kg,hahahahaha. U go decide whether to sell that car,and pls with the cng already at the boot,it's no longer factory standard,tokunbo standard or even first body. It would be bought off as scrap,driven as scrap and finally butchered from scrap into parts. Thanks
Lol, my dad bought a Tokunbo Opel Frontera around 2007 directly from the importer, the vehicle is fitted with a CNG cylinder, we eventually have to take it out as it made the trunk useless.
If it's this decade, I for adviced not to remove it.
I just no trust this make Dem dey buy CNG vehicle, even the MDA wey no need vehicle go buy one
Re: Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles by Konquest: 1:44pm On May 14
GAZZUZZ:

PRESIDENT Bola Tinubu has banned members of the Federal Executive Council, FEC, from purchasing petrol dependent vehicles.

The President has also directed the mandatory procurement of compressed-natural-gas-powered vehicles by all government ministries, departments, and agencies.

The Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Chief Ajuri Ngelale, in a statement on Monday said that the directive was in line with Tinubu’s commitment to ensure energy security, drive utility, and cut high fuel costs.

According to the statement, “The President’s directive is also in furtherance of Nigeria’s effort to transition to cleaner energy as CNG-enabled vehicles have been adjudged to produce lower emissions, even as they present a more affordable alternative for Nigerian energy consumers.”

Addressing members of the Federal Executive Council (FEC) at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, President Tinubu affirmed that there is no turning back in the energy reforms initiated by his administration.

“This nation will not progress forward if we continue to dance on the same spot. We have the will to drive the implementation of CNG adoption across the country, and we must set the example as public officials in leading the way to that prosperous future that we are working to achieve for our people. It starts with us, and in seeing that we are serious, Nigerians will follow our lead,” the President stated.

It further stated, “The President further directed the rejection of all memos brought by members of FEC seeking the purchase of traditional petrol-dependent vehicles, tasking the affected members of the council to go back and diligently seek value-driven procurement’s of CNG-compliant vehicles.

“The President remains committed to effectively harnessing the nation’s gas potential, alleviating the burden of high transportation costs on the masses while enhancing the standard of living of all Nigerians.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/05/tinubu-bans-purchase-of-petrol-dependent-vehicles/amp/
Re: Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles by Chucks13: 1:45pm On May 14
Henry22:

But I thought the north are jagabans very good friends?

Yea they are his friends definitely but Atiku and his evil gang that hold the North on ransome are not happy because almost all the routes they are using to suck Nigeria dry is getting blocked one by one and that is their anger. Name any single person from South that made any cash from subsidy? None, they are the ones that making billions from oil that is not even in their region.

The dollar buying and sales racketing its them infact Atiku I one of the biggest in this racketing.

Petroleum marketers it's them, oil blocks they owned 85% of it and so on as Tinubu is trying to reduced their grip on oil and dollar is annoying them like hell. That is just the truth.
Re: Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles by Konquest: 1:46pm On May 14
GAZZUZZ:
We Got you covered .

CNG vehicle sale

https://www.nairaland.com/8091387/foreign-used-cng-toyota-corolla#129941660

GAZZUZZ CNG

CNG conversion and retrofits .

Ogba Lagos 08033910382

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti8uqT8tJ48?si=B-1aQjzrlKhOChV9

That's impressive.
Re: Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles by oyeb15: 2:49pm On May 14
Most state don't have d facility
Re: Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles by farouk2much(m): 4:19pm On May 14
This man is a drunker
Re: Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles by drololaaof: 4:36pm On May 14
GAZZUZZ:

Good directive and initiative but certain things are not in place
1 CNG station should be readily available in major cities and outlets
2 when we are encouraged to use LNG price suddenly skyrocket to the ceiling with every player in the gas market saying different things or the order, the price have not gone down since
3 Convertibility of the existing vehicles is
to CNG is very very important
4 We shouldn't be at the mercy of these shylock IPMAN or MOMAN or whatever they are called .
Re: Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles by shotuns: 1:40pm On May 15
So, the recent 160million naira vehicles bought are no more roadworthy? misplaced priority. This man just tire me walahi and who are the advisers?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is The Rover A Reliable Car? / 5 Warning Tyre Signs You Should Not Ignore / Causes Of Water Mixing With Engine Oil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.