Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,443 members, 7,846,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 02:05 AM

Lufthansa Boeing 747-8 Makes Heavy Landing In Los Angeles: Video - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lufthansa Boeing 747-8 Makes Heavy Landing In Los Angeles: Video (24638 Views)

Abroad-based Nigerian Man Dies 2 Days After Landing In Nigeria (photo, Video) / Why Boeing 747 Aircrafts Have A Giant Hump In The Front / How The Wheel Of A Boeing 747 Aircraft Is Changed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lufthansa Boeing 747-8 Makes Heavy Landing In Los Angeles: Video by kings59: 11:55am On May 14
zomby:

2 things happened here:
1. The pilot that made the first attempt to land will be immediately pulled from duty. He will return to the Lufthansa training facility for intense training sessions for a couple of months before returning back to duty.

2. The pilot that eventually landed the plane is not the same pilot that made the first attempt.. Believe it or not, for an international flight, there are at least 3 pilots on board. I'm 100% certain that the captain took over after the failed first attempt.

Thank God that eventually all went well...No major injuries!

There was a storm. That is every pilot's nightmare.

Captain himself don talk am.

1 Like

Re: Lufthansa Boeing 747-8 Makes Heavy Landing In Los Angeles: Video by ogaontop(m): 11:58am On May 14
YorubaLord:
Simply an inexperienced pilot steering the big bird. The white smoke is normal due to friction and the open wings are also normal, they're not broken as pointed in the picture. cool
You're not far from the truth, the news said one of the pilots is a trainee under the supervision of an experienced pilot, so he may be the one riding when the event occurred!
Re: Lufthansa Boeing 747-8 Makes Heavy Landing In Los Angeles: Video by seunayantokun(m): 12:02pm On May 14
I don't trust Boeing again.
Re: Lufthansa Boeing 747-8 Makes Heavy Landing In Los Angeles: Video by Chicagograduate(m): 12:13pm On May 14
princepee:
Air peace All the way!
This why I still prefer air peace any day.
All this old airlines are outdated.
My air peace trip from Lagos to Abuja was very peaceful.
Am gonna do Lagos London route soon.
Money man.
Re: Lufthansa Boeing 747-8 Makes Heavy Landing In Los Angeles: Video by Obierika(m): 12:16pm On May 14
That's a lucky escape for the passengers
Re: Lufthansa Boeing 747-8 Makes Heavy Landing In Los Angeles: Video by Offpointng: 12:40pm On May 14
toyinjimoh:
I personally don't like Airplane if there is any fastest way to travel abroad I will be so happy...I hate Airplane with passion

Funny enough my then boss at MMIA use to say this same thing. He use to say if only people know planes are made and how fragile planes are, you'd fast for days bfr boarding any Aircraft

And that we should forget it, any plane that lift off the ground and is suspended in the Air is solely in the hands of the Almighty God. I then corroborated when I got to know a pilot main duty is just to take off and land a plane and that's why they're paid when they take off and anytime they land even if it's same day

1 Like

Re: Lufthansa Boeing 747-8 Makes Heavy Landing In Los Angeles: Video by OgaTheTop2: 12:42pm On May 14
Omo… 😰
Re: Lufthansa Boeing 747-8 Makes Heavy Landing In Los Angeles: Video by Offpointng: 12:43pm On May 14
jmoore:
The airline was not suspended. But Keyamo suspended dana airline. Mumu minister!

Na you mumu. I doubt you've even ever flew by airplane bfr. Enter Dana for one day and come say this same thing
Re: Lufthansa Boeing 747-8 Makes Heavy Landing In Los Angeles: Video by Offpointng: 12:53pm On May 14
kings59:

There was a storm. That is every pilot's nightmare.

Captain himself don talk am.

Storm shouldn't be a problem for any Pilot that knows what he's doing. If storm has never moved me for once why should it move them with everything they have at their disposal for a very extensive training
Re: Lufthansa Boeing 747-8 Makes Heavy Landing In Los Angeles: Video by Timetravel88: 1:21pm On May 14
princepee:
Air peace All the way!
This why I still prefer air peace any day.
All this old airlines are outdated.
My air peace trip from Lagos to Abuja was very peaceful.
Am gonna do Lagos London route soon.

Your skull must be leaking to compare Air peace to Lufthansa
Re: Lufthansa Boeing 747-8 Makes Heavy Landing In Los Angeles: Video by iguita: 1:32pm On May 14
I’d say he was surprised. You will hardly see a 847 or A380 have this kind of hard landing. The report said the landing pilot was a trainee and maybe that explains it.

Glad there was no tail impact or tragedy.

Like they say, every landing where people walk out of the plane is a good landing.

mofedamijo:
If the tail had any impact with the ground, it would have been a terrible disaster. Thank God for that.

Not sure why that idiot in the video kept laughing. There is absolutely nothing funny about that. That could have ended terribly. What the f**k was funny....

2 Likes

Re: Lufthansa Boeing 747-8 Makes Heavy Landing In Los Angeles: Video by JoeEeL(m): 1:56pm On May 14
Re: Lufthansa Boeing 747-8 Makes Heavy Landing In Los Angeles: Video by OniyideAmplify(m): 3:41pm On May 14
Thank God it doesn't happen in Nigeria.. The mofos would immediately activate their misfortunes and starts putting the blames on the Government.
Re: Lufthansa Boeing 747-8 Makes Heavy Landing In Los Angeles: Video by Jackbaur88: 3:45pm On May 14
CSTRR:
The beauty of international trade and reduction of trade deficits.
Airbus , a German airplane manufacturer is the biggest in the world, and yet Lufthansa German airline had to buy some amount of Boeing planes(an American plane)
How is Airbus bigger than Boeing?
Re: Lufthansa Boeing 747-8 Makes Heavy Landing In Los Angeles: Video by Jackbaur88: 3:48pm On May 14
CSTRR:
The beauty of international trade and reduction of trade deficits.
Airbus , a German airplane manufacturer is the biggest in the world, and yet Lufthansa German airline had to buy some amount of Boeing planes(an American plane)
Boeing is the biggest Airplane producer in the world, follow by Airbus a Dutch company. Always cross check information before commenting
Re: Lufthansa Boeing 747-8 Makes Heavy Landing In Los Angeles: Video by CSTRR: 3:56pm On May 14
Jackbaur88:

How is Airbus bigger than Boeing?
Its like you have not checked recent market realities.

Airbus is now the biggest in the world.
Boeing has been losing market value to their recent mismanagement and poor designs.
Re: Lufthansa Boeing 747-8 Makes Heavy Landing In Los Angeles: Video by staneless(m): 4:21pm On May 14
Racoon:
Though it was a hard landing, and no tail strike, thank goodness, disaster was avoided. Mistakes - whether man-made or not, are not often forgiven in the aviation world.

Thought these queens of the sky - Boeing 747 jumbos have been replaced by the A380s as many have retired their fleets?

Boeing 747 & Airbus A380 are different airplanes manufactured by two different brands... it's like saying Toyota Hilux being replaced by Mitsubishi L200. Different airline operators have different preferences for their planes
Re: Lufthansa Boeing 747-8 Makes Heavy Landing In Los Angeles: Video by Hezmatosky: 6:08pm On May 14
franchasofficia:
hmmm cry
This one pass you. Just continue reading the comments u hear grin
Re: Lufthansa Boeing 747-8 Makes Heavy Landing In Los Angeles: Video by OluwaBlessyn: 4:33am On May 15
Came in too hard from my point of view

The speed it was descending from was much

You could see when it came back and it was smooth and much slower when landing

1 Like

Re: Lufthansa Boeing 747-8 Makes Heavy Landing In Los Angeles: Video by Resetinc: 8:08am On May 15
Offpointng:

Storm shouldn't be a problem for any Pilot that knows what he's doing. If storm has never moved me for once why should it move them with everything they have at their disposal for a very extensive training

Forget talks Bro, landing in heavy storm and rain isn’t easy….

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Train Carrying Soft Drinks Derails In Kaduna Killing Driver / Immigration Uses Torchlight To Register Passengers At Lagos Airport / Subsidy: Sanwo-Olu Announces 50% Reduction In Transport Fares, Other Palliatives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.