Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,193 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Lekki-epe Int’l Airport To Commence Operation By 2012. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki-epe Int’l Airport To Commence Operation By 2012. (12496 Views)

Crowd At Port-harcourt Airport To Welcome Dakuku Peterside.pics / Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport: South-East Stakeholders Allege Sabotage / Crowd At Port-Harcourt Airport To Welcome Wike From Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekki-epe Int’l Airport To Commence Operation By 2012. by doctokwus: 5:18pm On Aug 09, 2013
@agbameta,pls am not a Gej supporter and like to distance mysef from being seen as such;neither am I a Fashola fan;most esp during this his second tenure wen d man seems to av taken an overdose of sth that is definitely affecting his whole perception of governance
Re: Lekki-epe Int’l Airport To Commence Operation By 2012. by agbameta: 5:23pm On Aug 09, 2013
mens dept:

You don't get it do you?

You want to buy a new BMW X5 for $50k for your wife, announce it to the world, and two years later you don't have it. Your wife then begin talk say wetin hapon, because you showed her the account and the balance then.

Now you tell her that "See O, I be bank manager?".

If you can reason then let me post this from a more intelligent grown up.

You can only buy what you are paying for directly out of your pocket, not what other people promise to buy, but did not show up with the money to buy.

Go back and work on your flawed and redundant elementary analogy.
Re: Lekki-epe Int’l Airport To Commence Operation By 2012. by agbameta: 5:24pm On Aug 09, 2013
doctokwus: @agbameta,pls am not a Gej supporter and like to distance mysef from being seen as such;neither am I a Fashola fan;most esp during this his second tenure wen d man seems to av taken an overdose of sth that is definitely affecting his whole perception of governance

You are entitiled to your opinion and I don't feel like debating your opinion..
Re: Lekki-epe Int’l Airport To Commence Operation By 2012. by mensdept: 5:40pm On Aug 09, 2013
agbameta:

You can only buy what you are paying for directly out of your pocket, not what other people promise to buy, but did not show up with the money to buy.

Go back and work on your flawed and redundant elementary analogy.

So why defend Fashola or criticize GEJ when you are not in government? Yes, since you are only a Nairalander, then you cant discuss sociopolitical issues if you are an elected abi selected official of Nigeria.

I think the good people of Lagos who voted and pay fees and taxes have every right to ask a simple question that you continue to dodge. If money was released for just phase one, then what happened? If the government is no longer interested then why and what is their alternative?

Just shouting Fashola Fashola is great, is not the answer.

1 Like

Re: Lekki-epe Int’l Airport To Commence Operation By 2012. by kutchs: 5:53pm On Aug 09, 2013
agbameta:

You are entitiled to your opinion and I don't feel like debating your opinion..
Guy just give it up ok? This international airport and the free zone it was supposed to serve were supposed to be ready in 2012 but in August 2013 not even one single tree has been fell in the construction site and here you are shamelessly defending it.
Even my 4 yr old girl is asking if you are well.
Re: Lekki-epe Int’l Airport To Commence Operation By 2012. by agbameta: 6:12pm On Aug 09, 2013
mens dept:

So why defend Fashola or criticize GEJ when you are not in government? Yes, since you are only a Nairalander, then you cant discuss sociopolitical issues if you are an elected abi selected official of Nigeria.

I think the good people of Lagos who voted and pay fees and taxes have every right to ask a simple question that you continue to dodge. If money was released for just phase one, then what happened? If the government is no longer interested then why and what is their alternative?

Just shouting Fashola Fashola is great, is not the answer.

(developed on a modular basis at an estimated project cost of N71.64bn ($450 million) in its first phase.)

^^^^^^ it stated the cost of the first phase, basic estimate, not what was released for whatever silly first phase you are talking about...

Get hooked on reading and comprehension and quit doing follow follow like sheep.

And I have no time for the rest of your soapy GEJ cry baby post, just go and lern how to read and comprehend.
Re: Lekki-epe Int’l Airport To Commence Operation By 2012. by mensdept: 7:41pm On Aug 09, 2013
agbameta:

(developed on a modular basis at an estimated project cost of N71.64bn ($450 million) in its first phase.)

^^^^^^ it stated the cost of the first phase, basic estimate, not what was released for whatever silly first phase you are talking about...

Get hooked on reading and comprehension and quit doing follow follow like sheep.

And I have no time for the rest of your soapy GEJ cry baby post, just go and lern how to read and comprehend.

You forgot to add one very important part of the article you have gone back to read, which for obvious reasons you don't want to discuss. Let me allow another post to tell una:

kutchs:
Guy just give it up ok? This international airport and the free zone it was supposed to serve were supposed to be ready in 2012 but in August 2013 not even one single tree has been fell in the construction site and here you are shamelessly defending it.
Even my 4 yr old girl is asking if you are well.

What happened for the third time agbaya I mean agbameta.

1 Like

Re: Lekki-epe Int’l Airport To Commence Operation By 2012. by gramci: 3:47pm On Aug 10, 2013
2million ghost passengers

1 Like

Re: Lekki-epe Int’l Airport To Commence Operation By 2012. by karlmax2: 7:40am On Oct 24, 2013
Where is the airport is not ready yet if this promise was made by GEJ this news would still be on the front page... 2013 would soon end and contruction of this airport are only seen on the pages of newspaper
Re: Lekki-epe Int’l Airport To Commence Operation By 2012. by Nobody: 7:50am On Oct 24, 2013
karl max: Where is the airport is not ready yet if this promise was made by GEJ this news would still be on the front page... 2013 would soon end and contruction of this airport are only seen on the pages of newspaper

Like seriously.... We deserve an explanation from LSG for either lying or being over optimistic which I doubt...

However, is GEJ's performance that low that we now compare him to state governors? ..
Re: Lekki-epe Int’l Airport To Commence Operation By 2012. by karlmax2: 7:56am On Oct 24, 2013
Nobody is comparing gejs performance with fashole. GEJ is way ahead of him and keeps to his promises. The question is for the apc lapdogs and their propoganda machine. Its going to 2 years since this thread was released since then delta state government has built and started operating it's own airport just yesterday someone posted progress been made by the bauchi state government on its own airport. Where is the progress report at least for the lekki airport. Lie lie and propoganda government...

2 Likes

Re: Lekki-epe Int’l Airport To Commence Operation By 2012. by blacksta(m): 8:30am On Oct 24, 2013
karl max: Nobody is comparing gejs performance with fashole. GEJ is way ahead of him and keeps to his promises. The question is for the apc lapdogs and their propoganda machine. Its going to 2 years since this thread was released since then delta state government has built and started operating it's own airport just yesterday someone posted progress been made by the bauchi state government on its own airport. Where is the progress report at least for the lekki airport. Lie lie and propoganda government...

Even the Dead know that the above is a lie.

One example that comes to mind - GEJ 5000 WM by 2012

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/fg-targets-5000-mw-by-december/

Nigeria is to attain 5,000 megawatt of electricity by December 2012, a top official in the ministry of power said on Friday.
He said this is attainable since the country has achieved a national peak of 4,321 megawatts on August 31.
The Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Power, Dr. Dere Awosika, disclosed this on Friday at the seventh Session of the West Africa Power Pool General Assembly in Abuja.
To achieve this, he said works have commenced on the renewable energy projects in Katsina State.
Re: Lekki-epe Int’l Airport To Commence Operation By 2012. by Controversy: 9:12am On Oct 24, 2013
Propaganda

1 Like

Re: Lekki-epe Int’l Airport To Commence Operation By 2012. by homesteady(m): 9:16am On Oct 24, 2013
OAM4J: ^If it is the FG that is proposing this, like the electoral promise of an airport in ever state, I wont even bother to read.

But Lagos has been known over the years to follow through every project they announced, or show me one project Fashola has ever announced that he has not followup with actions

And take note of Lagos projects, they come with expected date of completion unlike FG announcement of blueprints/roadmaps with no dates.

Eko o ni baje o!

#Coughs silently

1 Like

Re: Lekki-epe Int’l Airport To Commence Operation By 2012. by ujoinme: 9:58am On Oct 24, 2013
lol.......ha ha ha......ha he hee ha. where is the airport oga moderator OAM4J?

For the benefit of all enjoying this thread in retrospect the fool Agbameta AKA Ekoile is one and the same he just changed his moniker because of some of the useless threads like this one he has posted all over nairaland.

Eko ile if you are not ashamed of your selve and this post why did you change your username to Agbameta? foolish sychophant!

I will quickly quote your original post here before you goback and change the contents like your oluwole cousins. Eko ole!

1 Like

Re: Lekki-epe Int’l Airport To Commence Operation By 2012. by ujoinme: 10:01am On Oct 24, 2013
Lekki-epe Int’l Airport To Commence Operation By 2012. by Eko Ile: 6:54pm On Nov 22, 2011
Stanbic IBTC Bank has been appointed sole financial adviser to the Lagos State government on the proposed Lekki-Epe International Airport project to be

developed on a modular basis at an estimated project cost of N71.64bn ($450 million) in its first phase.

Situated about 10km from Lekki Free Trade Zone (LFTZ), the proposed airport will boost economic activities at the LFTZ scheduled to begin full operations in 2012. It will also drive urban development and tourism in the Lekki-Epe axis of Lagos State.

A scalable airport that will be designed to cater for the Airbus A380, making it a Code F compliant airport, the Lekki-Epe International Airport is expected to commence operations with a conservative capacity of two million passengers per annum, reaching five million passengers by 2015.

Commenting on the airport project, Chief Executive Officer of Stanbic IBTC Bank, Sola David-Borha, said the project reinforces the bank’s long standing partnership with the Lagos State Government in the area of infrastructure development, which is informed by the knowledge that infrastructure is the foundation on which socio-economic development is built.

As part of the competitive tender process for the construction of the Lekki-Epe International Airport, Stanbic IBTC Bank has made available Request for Pre-Qualification (RFPQ) to 33 Nigerian and international firms who have indicated interest to participate in the ambitious project.

The companies had earlier submitted Expression of Interest (EOI) in August 2011, bidding for the project under a Public Private Partnership (PPP) arrangement.

The RFPQ provides the bidding companies with guidelines for the submission of a Statement of Qualification (SOQ) which highlights their technical, operational and financial capability to design, finance, build and operate the Lekki-Epe International Airport, before its transfer to Lagos State Government at the expiration of the concession period.

NAHCO Aviance, Julius Berger Nigeria Plc, Arab Contractors Nigeria Limited and Cappa D’Alberto Plc, are among the 20 Nigerian companies that have been provided with the Request for Pre-Qualification.

They will compete against 13 international firms that includes Munich Airport Germany, Hyundai Engineering and Construction Co Limited and Canadian Commercial Corporation, among others, for the development of the first phase of airport project.

http://businessnews.com.ng/2011/11/22/lekki-epe-int%E2%80%99l-airport-to-commence-operation-by-2012/

ha ha ha got you!
Re: Lekki-epe Int’l Airport To Commence Operation By 2012. by ChimaAdeoye: 10:39am On Oct 24, 2013
Fashola should build this airport quickly.It will alleviate a lot of congestion currently experienced at MMIA. Lagos for its size and volume of traffic need at least 2 international airports.
Re: Lekki-epe Int’l Airport To Commence Operation By 2012. by sCun: 10:48am On Oct 24, 2013
One year later, Where is the airport? It will be very funny if this thread hits frontpage as a kind of flashback.

1 Like

Re: Lekki-epe Int’l Airport To Commence Operation By 2012. by djustice: 10:53am On Oct 24, 2013
A government of fraudsters, for fraudsters and by fraudsters cannot build a landing strip, talk less of an airport. Their reputation has flown around the world, and "Lagos State Government" always throws up a red flag in reputable international finance organisations, except the crooked World Bank.

1 Like

Re: Lekki-epe Int’l Airport To Commence Operation By 2012. by sCun: 10:55am On Oct 24, 2013
Bump
Re: Lekki-epe Int’l Airport To Commence Operation By 2012. by olabukola: 11:35am On Oct 24, 2013
Just landed with NIGERIA ONE now at Lekki Airport. Waiting for one of my concubines to come pick me up or should I catch the greenline train to my pad?

1 Like

Re: Lekki-epe Int’l Airport To Commence Operation By 2012. by saintneo(m): 12:14pm On Oct 24, 2013
Where the hell is the airport?

2 Likes

Re: Lekki-epe Int’l Airport To Commence Operation By 2012. by Bensonite: 3:28pm On Oct 24, 2013
Great Airport! Over 2 million users. LASG keeps to their project completion dates. Meanwhile the OP cant even show us a pix.

2 Likes

Re: Lekki-epe Int’l Airport To Commence Operation By 2012. by deshclones(m): 4:22pm On Oct 24, 2013
i used that airport last week...and i must confess fashole and tinubu did a good job...impressive and modern airport that can comfortably compete with the likes of heathrow,jfk etc...200 takeoff and landing daily,more than 120 destinations...mehn fashole for president..infact...wow...that epe airport is wow....

Ndi ala...lele...ha choo irim

2 Likes

Re: Lekki-epe Int’l Airport To Commence Operation By 2012. by Kenai: 9:09pm On Jul 24, 2014
July 24, 2014
Private jet taking off from the Lekki Airport.

[img]http://4.bp..com/-oSHgbPeJuEM/Ufx8_803zfI/AAAAAAAAIo0/FqoHzTX0-Vk/s1600/hairdressers+plane.jpg[/img]

14 Likes

Re: Lekki-epe Int’l Airport To Commence Operation By 2012. by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 24, 2014
^^ gringringrin
Re: Lekki-epe Int’l Airport To Commence Operation By 2012. by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jul 24, 2014
Kenai: July 24, 2014

[img]http://4.bp..com/-oSHgbPeJuEM/Ufx8_803zfI/AAAAAAAAIo0/FqoHzTX0-Vk/s1600/hairdressers+plane.jpg[/img]
Lwkmd grin

3 Likes

Re: Lekki-epe Int’l Airport To Commence Operation By 2012. by eaglechild: 9:50pm On Jul 24, 2014

grin grin grin grin

Re: Lekki-epe Int’l Airport To Commence Operation By 2012. by skullz: 10:01pm On Jul 24, 2014

Fork!! You cracked me up to bits. Goodbye World!!! *Dies* grin grin grin
Re: Lekki-epe Int’l Airport To Commence Operation By 2012. by mcino: 10:38pm On Jul 24, 2014

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lekki-epe Int’l Airport To Commence Operation By 2012. by Firefire(m): 10:42pm On Jul 24, 2014
where is oga Ekoile1 to come tell us how many aircraft lands and take-off from this airport per day

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lekki-epe Int’l Airport To Commence Operation By 2012. by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jul 24, 2014
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. Fashola and tinibu scamming Lagosians and South Westerners since 1970 grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Edo Election: Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promise For Free & Fair Election- Amaechi / Remember Us When You Become Governor — Fulani Monarch Tells Sanwo-olu / Oshiomhole Is A Noisemaker, Says Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.