Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,382 members, 7,850,373 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:57 PM

43% Nigerian Meghan Has Declared 'Nigeria Her Country' - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 43% Nigerian Meghan Has Declared 'Nigeria Her Country' (20395 Views)

Korra Obidi Lands In Nigeria. Her Bag Ripped Apart, Money Stolen (Video) / SARS: Minutes After Cardi B Tweeted About SARS In Nigeria, Her Account Got Deact / 'no More Social Media- Lists Of Things Meghan Has Given Up To Marry Prince Harry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 43% Nigerian Meghan Has Declared 'Nigeria Her Country' by Zool6: 12:11pm On May 15
See touts
Her Nigeria root is from her mum who is African American

Most Yoruba was taken to Brazil cuba few other south American countries there is no record of yoruba been taken to USA ,, millions of Africans American been tracing roots to Igbos I m yet to see singel Africa American tracing yoruba root , even by look she look completely different from yorubas
Google
Igbo landing in USA
Igbo village in USA

sammirano2:
Ifeoma ko ifeidi Ni grin this minority Sabi rate themselves Sha, if she is by any means Nigerian na Yoruba cos we were the first to interact with coloniers

Re: 43% Nigerian Meghan Has Declared 'Nigeria Her Country' by Zool6: 12:30pm On May 15
Meghan have Igbo root through her Africa American mum even

Not shading but yoruba names hardly appeal to foreigners
cardi B was given Chioma B and Kadija B
She adopted Chioma B

Meghan
took Ifeoma and jetson Omowale grin

Jennifer Lopez took Ifunanya

Patrick Evra was shouting recently my name is Emeka while surrounded by yoruba guys

When supper eagles was making waves during Afcon all the Africas who made video adopting Nigeria names all was Igbo names

Even Shata Wale was shouting my name is now Chukwuemeka

IFEOMA is a goal even baba sawo was woeeing her to keep the 43% Nigeria with yorubas but she knows she is of Igbo roots it's very rare to see Africa American with Yoruba roots is mostly Igbos

OLAADEGBU:

https://guardian.ng/life/meghan-markle/
Re: 43% Nigerian Meghan Has Declared 'Nigeria Her Country' by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:08am On May 16
'It's the Me-Me-Me Markle Tour!'

Read more: https://trib.al/5bNotJY

Re: 43% Nigerian Meghan Has Declared 'Nigeria Her Country' by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:12pm On May 18
Not a good look... Read more: https://trib.al/XwekCah

Re: 43% Nigerian Meghan Has Declared 'Nigeria Her Country' by AngelicBeing: 5:29pm On May 18
OLAADEGBU:
Not a good look... Read more: https://trib.al/XwekCah
Hmmmmmmm sad
Re: 43% Nigerian Meghan Has Declared 'Nigeria Her Country' by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:02pm On May 23
‘Before I came, people were telling me, “When you go to Malta, everyone will look like you'''

Read more: https://trib.al/HmMjfo9

Re: 43% Nigerian Meghan Has Declared 'Nigeria Her Country' by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:26am On May 28
Nigeria's First Lady slams American women in speech weeks after Meghan's visit

Awkward... 😬

Read More

Re: 43% Nigerian Meghan Has Declared 'Nigeria Her Country' by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:48am On May 28
"Meghan Markle dealt 'veiled jab' from Nigerian first lady for her 'unclothedness everywhere’..."

The First Lady of Nigeria, Senator Oluremi Tinubu said 'we don't accept unclothedness' during a speech in an apparent swipe at Meghan Markle over her clothing worn on her recent quasi royal tour

Nigeria's First Lady said Nigeria does not 'have a Met Gala', in an apparent swipe at Meghan Markle (Image: Anadolu via Getty Images)

The First Lady of Nigeria has appeared to have made a veiled jab at Meghan Markle over her clothing choices during the Sussexes' three day jaunt in the West African country.

Senator Oluremi Tinubumade raised eyebrows during a speech at Celebrating the Woman, and event to mark President Bola Tinubu’s first anniversary in office.

In her speech, which recognised how women have contributed to all areas of life, Tinubu reinforced Nigerian cultural values and how they differ from American ones — including what is considered appropriate clothing and modesty.

It's believed Meghan dropped around £120,000 on clothes for her and Harry's Nigerian tour (Image: AFP via Getty Images)
Senator Oluremi Tinubu and Meghan Markle

Nigeria's First Lady said Nigeria does not 'have a Met Gala', in an apparent swipe at Meghan Markle

Royal fans spot the one footballer that left Prince George 'star-struck' at FA Cup finaldailystar

Tinubu said: “We are not having a Met Gala. The unclothedness is just everywhere, and the men are well-clothed. So we have to do something. Tell them we don't accept unclothedness in our culture. That is not beautiful. It's not beautiful at all.”

"They should be confident in who they are. They do not need to mimic and emulate film stars from America. They don't know where they come from. Why did Meghan come here looking for Africa? We know who we are. Don't lose who you are."

Outfits included this strappy number by Johanna Ortiz (Image: Anadolu via Getty Images)

And in her attack on Hollywood’s beauty ideals, it appears the First Lady has made a swipe at Meghan Markle, who referred to Nigeria as “my country” on the recent ‘royal’ tour, after DNA-test results revealed she was 43% Nigerian. She also signed the guestbook at the Nigerian Defence Headquarters, thanking officials for “welcoming me home”.

Even more unfortunately for the Duchess, The Express reports she dropped around £120,000 on outfits for the trip, which have evidently bothered Tinubu, who did not meet the couple during their tour that promoted Prince Harry ’s Invictius Games.

Meghan referred to Nigeria as 'my country' after a DNA test revealed she was 43% Nigerian (Image: Anadolu via Getty Images)

Outfits included a peach backless dress by Heidi Merrick and a strappy printed dress designed by Johanna Ortiz.

People on X also slammed Meghan for her clothing, with one commenting: “She disrespected them by coming in there walking around half naked and bra less in front of children. She don’t have respect for anyone and I’m so glad she’s being called out on it.”

Another noted: “Meghan Markle managed to create an international incident! We warned her about the clothes.”

Senator Oluremi Tinubu slammed Hollywood beauty ideals, in an apparent cloaked jab at Meghan (Image: Anadolu via Getty Images)

Following their warm reception in Nigeria and the expensive media coverage of their tour, it's understood Meghan and Harry are planning to embark on more tours, and are considering to return to Africa.

Despite this, the pair copped backlash for the trip, with some claiming the "mini royal tour" would have upset King Charles and Prince William, while others slammed them for behaving like “rogue, quasi-royal agents”

DailyStar

Re: 43% Nigerian Meghan Has Declared 'Nigeria Her Country' by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:32pm On May 28
‘We do not want unclothedness in our culture’: Nigeria’s first lady slams US celebs after Meghan Markle visit

“We are not having the Met Gala,” Senator Oluremi Tinubu scoffed.

NYPOST.COM

Re: 43% Nigerian Meghan Has Declared 'Nigeria Her Country' by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:00pm On May 28

Re: 43% Nigerian Meghan Has Declared 'Nigeria Her Country' by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:32pm On Jun 03
Embracing her heritage. ❤ Read more: https://trib.al/6ETfCJ4

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures Of Chika Ike In Dubai / Uche Elendu Celebrates Chizzy, Her Daughter's 10th Birthday (Photos) / Baba Suwe Is Using High Level Black Magic On Us" - Ndlea Officials!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.