Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,726 members, 7,851,486 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:34 PM

Tariff Protest: Don’t Derail Our Electricity Sector Plans, Adelabu Begs Labour - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tariff Protest: Don’t Derail Our Electricity Sector Plans, Adelabu Begs Labour (6399 Views)

‘Massive Corruption In Electricity Sector, Discos Defrauding Nigerians’ - WAMAC / Strike: Osinbajo Begs Labour Leaders To Intervene In ASUU/FG Impasse / 2023: APC Plotting To Derail Our Constitutional Democratic Order – PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tariff Protest: Don’t Derail Our Electricity Sector Plans, Adelabu Begs Labour by libertyfather(m): 8:11am On May 15
this man Adeloribu happens to be the dumbest of all tinubu ministers
Re: Tariff Protest: Don’t Derail Our Electricity Sector Plans, Adelabu Begs Labour by symbianDON(m): 8:11am On May 15
The way this government demonizes subsidy, one would think subsidies are evil.
Re: Tariff Protest: Don’t Derail Our Electricity Sector Plans, Adelabu Begs Labour by Greattha: 8:14am On May 15
Honestly.

Let's hope they continue to dodge it o.

iCauseTrouble:
Oyo State really dodged a bullet by not voting this man as Governor.
Re: Tariff Protest: Don’t Derail Our Electricity Sector Plans, Adelabu Begs Labour by Paraman: 8:14am On May 15
fixedhollies:
Boss go sleep. Half of Nigerian population earns less than 30k in a month.
Where did you get this statistics from?

1 Like

Re: Tariff Protest: Don’t Derail Our Electricity Sector Plans, Adelabu Begs Labour by Paraman: 8:15am On May 15
tiswell:
it is 18k in Anambra
It's not the fault of Tinubu the minimum wage is 18k in Anambra or any other state.

A person earning 18k in Anambra state won't have an Air condition, washing machine or any other thing consuming large amount of power

They will be fine

2 Likes

Re: Tariff Protest: Don’t Derail Our Electricity Sector Plans, Adelabu Begs Labour by Warrior247: 8:17am On May 15
Nonsense plans to keep increasing price
Re: Tariff Protest: Don’t Derail Our Electricity Sector Plans, Adelabu Begs Labour by franconian: 8:21am On May 15
Can we see the plan? I bet it's the same as the "subsidy is gooone" plan.
Re: Tariff Protest: Don’t Derail Our Electricity Sector Plans, Adelabu Begs Labour by Frezhkid10(m): 8:22am On May 15
AqualinaXYZ:

Exactly

We’re ready to pay the Tinubu hiked tariff with our 30k monthly stipend from defending APC and minimum wages

As long as Tinubu and his family are okay we don’t care if our own life spoil

We’re ready Mr President
Oga go and sit down..the people who enjoy 20hrs per day are not earning minimum wages!!!..
Cost of generating electricity is high and Nigeria needs to learn that!!!..
Re: Tariff Protest: Don’t Derail Our Electricity Sector Plans, Adelabu Begs Labour by stocktaker: 8:22am On May 15
May God punish this adelabu Barth Nanji did it without making us to pay through the nose

Empty brain minister
Re: Tariff Protest: Don’t Derail Our Electricity Sector Plans, Adelabu Begs Labour by Faposky95: 8:23am On May 15
Paraman:
The FG should not stop their plan in the electricity sector

Anybody enjoying at least 20hrs power supply per day should pay the new tarrif and must also have prepaid meters.

Nigerians are ready to pay for the power supply they use

Are you, really...?!
Like Moses, being around pomp and pageantry with Pharoah was not new because he had greater purpose........
we had power in this country and paid with meters........
it's those who don't know what being a citizen of this country ask for pittances to be recognized as one who is living...?!
Nothing is special if all citizens enjoy power....it takes common sense and commitment.
try multiplying the bills collected times the people collected from and see the trillions.......
Re: Tariff Protest: Don’t Derail Our Electricity Sector Plans, Adelabu Begs Labour by uuzba(m): 8:23am On May 15
Paraman:
The minimum wage is 30k does not mean every Nigerian earn 30k clown
But 95% earn 30k down
Re: Tariff Protest: Don’t Derail Our Electricity Sector Plans, Adelabu Begs Labour by Paramount01(m): 8:24am On May 15
SalamRushdie:
You don't have any plans ..Band A Band B cannot be a plan..it's the legitimization of inefficiency

We don't subsidize what is inefficient,let get 5he light right before we talk of subsiding it
Re: Tariff Protest: Don’t Derail Our Electricity Sector Plans, Adelabu Begs Labour by Everlastingson: 8:29am On May 15
Adelabu stop lying, you have no plans . Most of your comments are constituted of lies and outright foolishness. Refrigerator man. You're completely bereft of any idea about governance or leadership and are not fit to be minister. If Tinubu weren't your like he'd never recruit you. And I heard you also want to be Governor of your state! That state go see advanced shege if you're made their Governor.
Re: Tariff Protest: Don’t Derail Our Electricity Sector Plans, Adelabu Begs Labour by SEGLIZ: 8:32am On May 15
Paraman:
what percentage earns 30k? what percentage earns above 30k? and what percentage earns below 30k? I doubt you ran your stats before concluding.

tiswell:
it is 18k in Anambra
the question you should ask him is what population of the nation are civil servant or works with reputable companies that pay well? what percentage are above, within and below the 30k range.

fixedhollies:
Boss go sleep. Half of Nigerian population earns less than 30k in a month.
I doubt he knows what he is saying. the economy is dwindling, so many breadwinners are losing their positions also failing in their duties due to weakened purchasing power, yet you are piling more unnecessary burden on then.
Re: Tariff Protest: Don’t Derail Our Electricity Sector Plans, Adelabu Begs Labour by Everlastingson: 8:39am On May 15
symbianDON:
The way this government demonizes subsidy, one would think subsidies are evil.

Yea, it's psyco- manipulation by the evil APC to hoodwink the populace. Stopping subsidy is stealing from the people. But APC and their cultic minions keep regurgitating the skewed narrative to sway the gullible into accepting that subsidy is evil.
Re: Tariff Protest: Don’t Derail Our Electricity Sector Plans, Adelabu Begs Labour by MarketDispatch: 8:39am On May 15
Bobloco:

https://dailytrust.com/tariff-protest-dont-derail-our-plan-for-electricity-sector-fg-begs-labour/

Any plans that does not give Nigeria and Nigerians 24 hours uninterrupted continuous supply of Electricity is not a plan
Re: Tariff Protest: Don’t Derail Our Electricity Sector Plans, Adelabu Begs Labour by Tyche(m): 8:39am On May 15
My Indian friends will say, this man no Brain
Re: Tariff Protest: Don’t Derail Our Electricity Sector Plans, Adelabu Begs Labour by malali: 8:43am On May 15
ADELABU WANTS TO KILL ALL NIGERIANS.

PLEASE SEE ATTACHED ELECTRICITY BILL FOR A SINGLE HOUSEHOLD.

THIS IS ONE SINGLE RESIDENTIAL HOUSEHOLD.

NOT A HOTEL, NOT A STADIUM, NOT AIRPORT !!!!!

Re: Tariff Protest: Don’t Derail Our Electricity Sector Plans, Adelabu Begs Labour by oyeb15: 8:45am On May 15
We don't see passengers often in our logistics business. Fuel and car spare parts have become very expensive. Tyre is costly.

I pray someone, something or anything remove this Tinubu and his gang of theives from d face of this earth.
Re: Tariff Protest: Don’t Derail Our Electricity Sector Plans, Adelabu Begs Labour by BadMaster: 8:54am On May 15
malali:
ADELABU WANTS TO KILL ALL NIGERIANS.

PLEASE SEE ATTACHED ELECTRICITY BILL FOR A SINGLE HOUSEHOLD.

THIS IS ONE SINGLE RESIDENTIAL HOUSEHOLD.

NOT A HOTEL, NOT A STADIUM, NOT AIRPORT !!!!!
Where did Jammal mention that it's a household, and not a business? I am waiting for you.
Re: Tariff Protest: Don’t Derail Our Electricity Sector Plans, Adelabu Begs Labour by seighapaul(m): 8:55am On May 15
I pity Nigerians on Band D (myself)... My community (Band D) and a neighboring community (Band B)... both communities share same Feeder Unit. It is hell on earth with the way they provide electricity to us on Band D. We go days without light, we are lucky to see 8-10hrs of accumulated light in a week. Just because of this band classification, my community has now become a waste land. No meaningful development, no government presence. All young and able bodied individuals have relocated elsewhere, leaving behind old folks and landlords. This problem started when we were tagged Band D zone. Over 95% of customers are on the dreaded estimated billings (no provision for prepaid meters).

But just a stone throw away, our neighboring community Band B, life is heaven on earth. I have friends there and I can tell you they enjoy 10-12hrs of light daily. Hotels, shopping malls, cinemas, night clubs, good roads etc... they have it all. They all have free prepaid meters.

My point is that both communities are getting their electricity from the same feeder source and my community never asked for Band D (it was forced on us) and we are paying the price of government policies.

1 Like

Re: Tariff Protest: Don’t Derail Our Electricity Sector Plans, Adelabu Begs Labour by Paramount01(m): 8:56am On May 15
SalamRushdie:
You don't have any plans ..Band A Band B cannot be a plan..it's the legitimization of inefficiency

We don't subsidize what is inefficient,let get the light right before we talk of subsiding it
Re: Tariff Protest: Don’t Derail Our Electricity Sector Plans, Adelabu Begs Labour by DMerciful(m): 9:12am On May 15
The strength of a chain is the strength of its weakest link.

Tell Tilumbu to show workings
Paraman:
Re: Tariff Protest: Don’t Derail Our Electricity Sector Plans, Adelabu Begs Labour by Growing(m): 9:19am On May 15
I think the underwhelming Minister for Power has only one plan: increase electricity tariff so distribution companies make more money and not live up to expectation.
Re: Tariff Protest: Don’t Derail Our Electricity Sector Plans, Adelabu Begs Labour by HRMK: 9:22am On May 15
THIS ADELABU IS BECOMING TOO RECKLESS IN HIS SPEECH!HE TALKS MORE THAN HIS PERFORMANCE!TINUBU MUST SACK HIM WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT!!
Re: Tariff Protest: Don’t Derail Our Electricity Sector Plans, Adelabu Begs Labour by Bluntemperor: 9:28am On May 15
OgbeniOja1:
as though there are plans for an improvement. its just increased revenue generation they want

I agree with you!
This Minister,though blamed past ------Power -Ministers since independence -for not doing enough and I agree with him,should he should tell Nigerians--how many Energy will he add,to the National Grid - the ones there now!

1 Like

Re: Tariff Protest: Don’t Derail Our Electricity Sector Plans, Adelabu Begs Labour by Kevineleven(m): 9:36am On May 15
Rich men enriching themselves with sweat and blood of the poor.
Re: Tariff Protest: Don’t Derail Our Electricity Sector Plans, Adelabu Begs Labour by bigiyaro(m): 11:52am On May 15
grin grin grin grin we all know you mofos ain't got plans for anything better, your only plan is to increase the price of everything in Nigeria, to make money available to loot.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Nigerians, Others Have Low Iqs —study / National Assembly Plans Prayer To Avert Plane Crashes, Terrorism / Trial Of Boko Haram Suspects In Detention To Resume March — FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.