Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,822 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

Why Nigerians, Others Have Low Iqs —study - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigerians, Others Have Low Iqs —study (6363 Views)

How Nigerians, Others React To 'meeting Dec Deadline Target' Goof By Lai Muhamed / Nigerians, Others To Close Businesses In Zimbabwe By January 2014 / Why Nigerians, others have Low IQ!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigerians, Others Have Low Iqs —study by trueword: 5:16am On Jul 08, 2010
Why Nigerians, others have low IQs —Study
By NNAEMEKA MERIBE
Thursday, 8 Jul 2010

People in developing countries like Nigeria are not as intelligent as those in the developed climes because diseases have chained the former’s initiative, suggests a new study by United States scientists.

The report claims that people in developing countries where diseases are rife have lower intelligence quotients because their bodies divert energy from brainpower to fighting diseases.

In hot nations blighted by deadly infections, the priority is survival and populations have evolved to develop stronger immune systems rather than intelligence, insists the controversial theory.

Already, some critics are warning that the study can stoke the fire of racism if it is suggesting that people in the developing countries are not as intelligent as those in cooler, richer climes, according to The Mail of London.

Others pointed out that the ancient Persians, Greeks and Romans lived in hot climates and still boasted extraordinary civilisations.

However, a development scholar, Prof. Ikechukwu Nwosu, says the study is suspicious, arguing that while disease and poverty can affect performance, their relationship with IQ “is not sustainable.” He says that there are many intervening variables affecting IQ development and diseases are just one of them.

The scientists claim that their report, which was released last week, can explain why national IQ scores vary around the world and are lower in some warmer countries stricken by diseases such as malaria, tetanus and tuberculosis.

The researchers behind the theory claim the impact of disease on IQ scores has been under-appreciated, and believe it ranks alongside education and wealth as a major factor that influences cognitive ability, reports The Guardian of London.

Attempts to measure intelligence around the world are fraught with difficulty and many researchers doubt that IQ tests are a suitable tool for the job. The average intelligence of a nation is likely to be governed by a web of interwoven factors.

The latest theory, put forward by Randy Thornhill and others at the University of New Mexico, The Guardian of London notes, adds disease to a long list of environmental and other issues that may all play a role in determining intelligence. Thornhill made the news in 2000, when he co-authored a provocative book called A Natural History of Rape in which he argues that sexual coercion emerged as an evolutionary adaptation.

Writing in the journal, Proceedings of the Royal Society, Thornhill and his colleagues explain that children under five devote much of their energy to brain development. When the body has to fight infections, it may have to sacrifice brain development, they say.

To test the idea, Thornhill’s group used three published surveys of global IQ scores and compared them with data from the World Health Organisation on how badly infectious diseases affect different countries. The list included common infections, such as malaria, tetanus and tuberculosis.

The scientists found that the level of infectious diseases in a country was closely linked to the average national IQ. The heavier the burden of disease, the lower the nation’s IQ scores. Thornhill believes that nations who have lived with diseases for long periods may have adapted, by developing better immune systems at the expense of brain function.

“The effect of infectious disease on IQ is bigger than any other single factor we looked at,” said Chris Eppig, lead author on the paper. “Disease is a major sap on the body’s energy, and the brain takes a lot of energy to build. If you don’t have enough, you can’t do it properly.”

“The consequence of this, if we’re right, is that the IQ of a nation will be largely unaffected until you can lift the burden of disease,” Eppig added.

“It’s an interesting and provocative finding,” the director of the UCL Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience, Mr. Geraint Rees, tells The Guardian of London.

“It explains about 50 to 60 per cent of the variability in IQ scores and appears to be independent of some other factors such as overall Gross Domestic Product.”

“The authors suggest that more infectious diseases could lead to lower IQ scores through an impact on brain development. This is an interesting speculation, but the data don’t prove it one way or the other,” he said.

“A bigger problem is that it might be driven by a third factor that affects both infectious disease prevalence and IQ test scores.”

For reasons that are unclear, IQ scores are generally rising around the world. Thornhill suggests monitoring rates of infectious diseases in nations as they develop, to see if they decline and IQ tests scores rise.

Critics of the study, however, argue that there are many different kinds of intelligence that Western academic-based IQ tests fail to measure.

Low IQ does not necessarily translate into stupidity or incompetence, they said. People in hot countries have the intellectual skills to survive in very difficult environments.

The research could be abused to rationalise racism, just as the Nazis perverted scientific study in the 1930s, some critics, according to The Guardian of London.

Experts pointed out that children fighting debilitating diseases are likely to miss a lot of school, which could be the real reason for a lower IQ score, not compromised brain development.

Nwosu, who is the immediate past director of the Institute of Development Studies, University of Nigeria, says nobody is born with low IQ but environmental factors can affect IQ development.

“I agree with the study that diseases can affect IQ development but I disagree with it if it is suggesting people in developed countries have higher IQ than people in developing countries,” says Nwosu who is currently the Dean of the Business Faculty of University of Nigeria.

“From that perspective the study is suspicious. Yes, certain conditions may affect one’s capacity to develop one’s IQ to the optimum, but nobody is born with low IQ whether in developed or developing countries. There are people in developing countries with high IQ; there are also people in developed countries with low IQ.”

But a professor of psychology at Ulster University, Richard Lynn, said disease and IQ are a two-way relationship, with low national IQs being partly responsible for widespread infectious diseases.

“In recent decades, HIV has been a serious infectious disease, and it has a high infection rate in low IQ countries, especially in southern Africa, where it is present in around 30 per cent of the population … This is attributable to the low IQ of the population who do not understand the way the infection is contracted, and have erroneous beliefs about how to prevent infection.”

Indeed, the claims of the new study will excite Lynn as they are similar to the claims made in the controversial 2002 book, IQ and the Wealth of Nations, which he co-authored with Dr. Tatu Vanhanen, Professor Emeritus of Political Science at the University of Tampere, Tampere, Finland.

The central argument of IQ and the Wealth of Nations is that the average IQ of a nation correlates with its Gross Domestic Product; that is, low GDP can cause low IQ, just as low IQ can cause low GDP. The authors state that average IQ differences between nations are due to both genetic and economic factors.

The book includes the authors’ calculation of average IQ scores for 81 countries, based on their analysis of published reports. For 104 of the 185 nations, no studies were available. In those cases, the authors used an estimated value by taking averages of the IQs of neighbouring or comparable nations.

The authors assigned Hong Kong the highest IQ estimate of 107 followed by South Korea which they assigned 106 and Japan, which was assigned 105.

Morocco was assigned the highest 1Q average in Africa-85, followed by Egypt-83. The authors assigned Zambia the highest in sub-Saharan Africa-77, followed by Congo Brazzaville and Uganda which were both assigned 73. Nigeria was assigned 67 behind Kenya, South Africa, Sudan, Tanzania and Ghana.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201007080565198
Re: Why Nigerians, Others Have Low Iqs —study by Tasma: 6:35am On Jul 08, 2010
Social factors probably play a bigger role in IQ development. Good health is just one of several factors. Will the chronically ill child of an English Lord develop a low IQ?
Re: Why Nigerians, Others Have Low Iqs —study by Ibime(m): 6:59am On Jul 08, 2010
Nonsense!

How can Nigeria have average IQ of just 67?

Is it because they ask all the questions in English?

Besides, my IQ never dropped whenever I had malaria, which I used to catch at least twice a year. . . . so what are these mad scientists talking about?
Re: Why Nigerians, Others Have Low Iqs —study by Cohomology: 7:20am On Jul 08, 2010
This may explain why we cry about the economy but promptly give chieftaincy titles and other awards to the very thieves that impoverished us. We must be very stu.pid indeed!

This is why 99% of our leaders embezzle money, thinking with their low IQ brains that they are saving the money for their great grand children, however, their kids, wives, nieces, mothers, fathers, nephews, brothers and sisters die from the bad roads, poor medical facilities, lack of security etc. caused by their unrestrained looting of the treasury. They must be very stu.pid indeed!

This is not a racial issue, but a geographical one, since the paper points to the higher prevalence of diseases in hot climes - a fact.

This truly explains the impossible stupidity on finds everywhere in Nigeria!

Excellent study!

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians, Others Have Low Iqs —study by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 08, 2010
Cohomology:

This may explain why we cry about the economy but promptly give chieftaincy titles and other awards to the very thieves that impoverished us. We must be very stu.pid indeed!

This is why 99% of our leaders embezzle money, thinking with their low IQ brains that they are saving the money for their great grand children, however, their kids, wives, nieces, mothers, fathers, nephews, brothers and sisters die from the bad roads, poor medical facilities, lack of security etc. caused by their unrestrained looting of the treasury. They must be very stu.pid indeed!

This is not a racial issue, but a geographical one, since the paper points to the higher prevalence of diseases in hot climes - a fact.

This truly explains the impossible stupidity on finds everywhere in Nigeria!

Excellent study!

what has this got to do with the topic. . . They said nigerians have low IQ due to malaria and other diseases,you are talking another thing.ok now since the research claimed so,then all governors should based their non-performance on excuse of malaria then.does that makes sense to you at all ? Let me help you
GOVERNOR AKALA + MALARIA = non-performance
what about governors like fashola,Amaechi,Chime,oshiomhole among others that have been performing.dont they fall sick or suffer from malaria ?
Most people that claimed to live in diaspora coming to NL to prove rubbish are more ignorant and duller than some of us,just a very few people here i have rated them as being intelligent than me.
@topic
if that is the case,why do yahoo boys still manage to dupe the so called intelligent people if the boys are suffering from malaria.Research based on paperwork or hypothesis hardly address any issue.nigerians are way smarter than what most people think.keep stressing about while they getting blessing
Re: Why Nigerians, Others Have Low Iqs —study by Cohomology: 8:10am On Jul 08, 2010
~Bluetooth:

what has this got to do with the topic. . . They said nigerians have low IQ due to malaria and other diseases,you are talking another thing.ok now since the research claimed so,then all governors should based their non-performance on excuse of malaria then.does that makes sense to you at all ? Let me help you
GOVERNOR AKALA + MALARIA = non-performance
what about governors like fashola,Amaechi,Chime,oshiomhole among others that have been performing.dont they fall sick or suffer from malaria ?
Most people that claimed to live in diaspora coming to NL to prove rubbish are more ignorant and duller than some of us,just a very few people here i have rated them as being intelligent than me.
@topic
if that is the case,why do yahoo boys still manage to dupe the so called intelligent people if the boys are suffering from malaria.Research based on paperwork or hypothesis hardly address any issue.nigerians are way smarter than what most people think.keep stressing about while they getting blessing

Are you in Primary 4?
Re: Why Nigerians, Others Have Low Iqs —study by Nobody: 8:12am On Jul 08, 2010
This is reminiscence  to same IQ study they did back in the late 18th century and 19th century. Slaves and new immigrants will be tested in English, a language they don't speak 99% of course failed and they concluded that they are smarter than the rest of the world. I pity this people. The internet exposed the average IQ of Americans. Go to forums, and sites like craigslist.org. seriously ask a nigerian kid one naira plus 3 naira, he or she will tell you the answer in less than a second. Those kids that work at mechanic workshops that can diagnose what's wrong with your car when you bring it have low IQ? 14 years old kids that are carpenters etc, working with their fathers have low IQ? It's high time we define what is really education. I've had my car diagnosed in Nigeria by a 16 years old guy in Nigeria. the fact that he didn't go to college doesn't mean he has low IQ. Americans are too condescending!!

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians, Others Have Low Iqs —study by Cohomology: 8:16am On Jul 08, 2010
9jaganja:

This is reminiscence  to same IQ study they did back in the late 18th century and 19th century. Slaves and new immigrants will be tested in English, a language they don't speak 99% of course failed and they concluded that they are smarter than the rest of the world. I pity this people. The internet exposed the average IQ of Americans. Go to forums, and sites like craigslist.org. seriously ask a nigerian kid one naira plus 3 naira, he or she will tell you the answer in less than a second. Those kids that work at mechanic workshops that can diagnose what's wrong with your car when you bring it have low IQ? 14 years old kids that are carpenters etc, working with their fathers have low IQ? It's high time we define what is really education. I've had my car diagnosed in Nigeria by a 16 years old guy in Nigeria. the fact that he didn't go to college doesn't mean he has low IQ. Americans are too condescending!!

So, why are we not smart enough to make Nigeria more comfortable to live in?

Are those politicians that loot the treasury from Mali?

If they are thieves, why do we allow them to rule over us?

Why do we reward those who impoverish us?

The only explanation I see here is a very low collective IQ.
Re: Why Nigerians, Others Have Low Iqs —study by Nobody: 8:17am On Jul 08, 2010
Cohomology:

Are you in Primary 4?

see exactly what i'm saying instead of responding wisely,he picked offence.na wa o
Re: Why Nigerians, Others Have Low Iqs —study by Nobody: 8:28am On Jul 08, 2010
Cohomology:

So, why are we not smart enough to make Nigeria more comfortable to live in?

Are those politicians that loot the treasury from Mali?

If they are thieves, why do we allow them to rule over us?

Why do we reward those who impoverish us?

The only explanation I see here is a very low collective IQ.

You are being anti bloody revolution on another thread but your post here is contradictory. We vote, it doesn't count. We yell, they don't listen. Anyone with average IQ will know the next step is a bloody revolution. We didn't reward those who impoverish us, they impoverish us by rewarding themselves greedily. We didn't allow them to rule, they are selected no voted. So really get your facts right next time.
Re: Why Nigerians, Others Have Low Iqs —study by Ijeleigbo(m): 9:53am On Jul 08, 2010
What's up with all these low and high iq? This is rubbish. Americans has insulted us a lot and we have to put an end to this. Now comparing USA with Nigeria, which country has the highest rate of disease? How can this junk scientists also state that a hot climate is responsible for a low iq? Is this not foolishness? Cån this fuckin scientists explain the mystery behind creation? Oops! Or God who created our climate to be so has gone nuts? When did man become wiser than God his creator? Can we all clearly see this article is purely racist inclined? Who the hell do this fuckin American scientists think they are? How did they calculate the iq level of almost 140million people whereby iq level is a personal issue? Nobody is born a dullard. Having a high iq depends on an individual and how he/she develops it.
Americans are good there own way and we are good our own way. Zap i hate these racists! They suck.
Re: Why Nigerians, Others Have Low Iqs —study by Tasma: 11:40am On Jul 08, 2010
The study is a bit silly. The so called "intelligence" being measured is what i will refer to as acquired intelligence. Most of it is due to exposure to social and environmental factors. Potentially an African is no less intelligent than an European. The European however appears to be more intelligent because he's more exposed than the average African. Perhaps the index should be called knowledge quotient K.Q. The test will then be subject to the part of the world you grew up in.
Re: Why Nigerians, Others Have Low Iqs —study by SEFAGO(m): 2:05pm On Jul 08, 2010
LOL, no wonder they say Africans have low IQ . . .

IQ test are not done in english my brothers, how many people in china speak english and they still have higher IQs than even Europeans hehe grin, take your fate like a man
Re: Why Nigerians, Others Have Low Iqs —study by Tasma: 2:40pm On Jul 08, 2010
@SEFAGO

Not quite sure where who said I.Q. tests were only conducted in english. It does not matter the language the test is conducted in however the questions may be written with a cultural and social bias that will make it easier for someone in the western world to deal with.

Here's an example of an I.Q. test question: Consider the following two statements: all farmers who are also ranchers cannot come near town; and most of the ranchers who are also farmers cannot surf. Which of the following statements MUST be true?

I wonder if you can see the cultural bias in this question. Excellent cognitive abilities may manifest in a person from any part of the world, how it manifests will depend on the culture of the area the person is and what he has been exposed to. Unless you are of course implying that a black man living in Africa must have a low I.Q. In that case you might want to pick up that argument with Wole Soyinka. I'm sure he will have some interesting views for you on the topic. wink
Re: Why Nigerians, Others Have Low Iqs —study by Kobojunkie: 3:08pm On Jul 08, 2010
Tasma:

@SEFAGO

Not quite sure where who said I.Q. tests were only conducted in english. It does not matter the language the test is conducted in however the questions may be written with a cultural and social bias that will make it easier for someone in the western world to deal with.

Here's an example of an I.Q. test question: Consider the following two statements: all farmers who are also ranchers cannot come near town; and most of the ranchers who are also farmers cannot surf. Which of the following statements MUST be true?

hhmmm . . .  translate that to any Nigerian language, and you are likely to find that the cultural/social bias you claim DISAPPEARS! So I doubt there is any social/cultural bias to the questions either.
Re: Why Nigerians, Others Have Low Iqs —study by sage(m): 3:28pm On Jul 08, 2010
Tasma:

@SEFAGO

I wonder if you can see the cultural bias in this question. Excellent cognitive abilities may manifest in a person from any part of the world, how it manifests will depend on the culture of the area the person is and what he has been exposed to. Unless you are of course implying that a black man living in Africa must have a low I.Q. In that case you might want to pick up that argument with Wole Soyinka. I'm sure he will have some interesting views for you on the topic. wink

9jaganja:

This is reminiscence  to same IQ study they did back in the late 18th century and 19th century. Slaves and new immigrants will be tested in English, a language they don't speak 99% of course failed and they concluded that they are smarter than the rest of the world. I pity this people. The internet exposed the average IQ of Americans. Go to forums, and sites like craigslist.org. seriously ask a nigerian kid one naira plus 3 naira, he or she will tell you the answer in less than a second. Those kids that work at mechanic workshops that can diagnose what's wrong with your car when you bring it have low IQ? 14 years old kids that are carpenters etc,  working with their fathers have low IQ? It's high time we define what is really education. I've had my car diagnosed in Nigeria by a 16 years old guy in Nigeria. the fact that he didn't go to college doesn't mean he has low IQ. Americans are too condescending!!

If this issue is a case of language and western cultural bias can somebody explain to me why Japanese, Koreans and Chinese consistently score better than Westerners in all IQ tests even if the IQ tests are prepared by Westerners?
Re: Why Nigerians, Others Have Low Iqs —study by MrFire: 3:39pm On Jul 08, 2010
It would sound like developing country people indeed have low IQs, hence their countries remain underdeveloped. In fact, African enclaves in western world have been turned into dirty zones by Africans living in those places (take for example Peckham by Yoruba and Matonge, Brussels by Congolese). However, academically, Africans do perform very well when they are in class with western mates. How do we reconcile this? Means environment has a big role to play and not just black ness of your skin. Do African Americans have higher IQs than their African brothers?
Re: Why Nigerians, Others Have Low Iqs —study by Dede1(m): 4:44pm On Jul 08, 2010
It is a disgrace to read from Nigerians putting down Nigerians and other Africans on the issue of low IQ. I can not believe what I am reading from these folks who called themselves Africans. No wonder many Nigerians would easily tag someone who can clearly read and write as illiterate simply because he or she is not proficient in grammar.

Again, it is unfortunate that few critics had the audacity to invoke the names of countries such Japan, China and Korea in packaging their illogical opinions. The so-called official languages of these countries are not English, French or Spanish. Any form of IQ test modality must be tailored not only in their culture but mother tongue.

Anybody who has taken a LSAT examination for Law School in USA must agree that many of the questions have nothing to do with law or academics. My mother will smash any IQ test presented in her mother tongue encompassing daily rigors of everyday life and culture of the people.

Many of us have tangled with so-called IQ test and its formant. It was neither setup in our mother tongue nor embraced cultural nuances that occur in our everyday lives. Ask any American or European IQ questions bordering on Palm-wine Tapper, Calabash and Palm tree, they will appear as lost as slowpoke.
Re: Why Nigerians, Others Have Low Iqs —study by Tasma: 4:47pm On Jul 08, 2010
Will like to ask a question as well. Imagine a missionary pastor settles in Nigeria with his wife. They have a son that grows up in the Nigerian system - though tutored by his parents at home. He goes thru all the fighting with infectious diseases and stuff. Is it likely that if he takes an IQ test in the future he'll end up with a low score? Just a question.
Re: Why Nigerians, Others Have Low Iqs —study by seanet02: 6:58pm On Jul 08, 2010
@poster, you are a nuisanse.
Re: Why Nigerians, Others Have Low Iqs —study by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jul 08, 2010
Dede1:

It is a disgrace to read from Nigerians putting down Nigerians and other Africans on the issue of low IQ. I can not believe what I am reading from these folks who called themselves Africans. No wonder many Nigerians would easily tag someone who can clearly read and write as illiterate simply because he or she is not proficient in grammar.

Again, it is unfortunate that few critics had the audacity to invoke the names of countries such Japan, China and Korea in packaging their illogical opinions. The so-called official languages of these countries are not English, French or Spanish. Any form of IQ test modality must be tailored not only in their culture but mother tongue.

Anybody who has taken a LSAT examination for Law School in USA must agree that many of the questions have nothing to do with law or academics. My mother will smash any IQ test presented in her mother tongue encompassing daily rigors of everyday life and culture of the people.

Many of us have tangled with so-called IQ test and its formant. It was neither setup in our mother tongue nor embraced cultural nuances that occur in our everyday lives. Ask any American or European IQ questions bordering on Palm-wine Tapper, Calabash and Palm tree, they will appear as lost as slowpoke.

Dede1 Thank you a ton!!!. IQ test in mmy school proves Americans are dumber than foreign students even though it was conducted in English. Asking a Nigerian about things not prevalence in his or her culture will result in poor answer. If it comes to mathematics, and you want to ask a Nigerian kid that never went to school, ask in a manner that deals with his daily life e.g instead of 2+2 why not use Two oranges and two oranges or 2 naira plus 2 naira. You can ask an American kid buns plus two slices of cheese + ketchup + roasted burger and the kid will tell you double cheese bugger or Mcdonald. You have to use what people are used to in order to examine their IQ. Stop being uncle toms, it ain't cool no more.
Re: Why Nigerians, Others Have Low Iqs —study by bkbabe90(m): 7:48pm On Jul 08, 2010
Dede1:

Again, it is unfortunate that few critics had the audacity to invoke the names of countries such Japan, China and Korea in packaging their illogical opinions. The so-called official languages of these countries are not English, French or Spanish.  Any form of IQ test modality must be tailored not only in their culture but mother tongue.

Dede1, ure stepping up big time! You english is getting better by the day! I know it took u all of 4 hrs to write this piece of yours (in your attempts to make sure it was devoid of mistakes), still a lotta "Bombs", but on the whole u stepped up. But, dude, whats with the lies u tried to throw in there of taking the LSAT?!?! Come on now, u really didnt expect nobody to fall for that one, did ya?
Re: Why Nigerians, Others Have Low Iqs —study by Onlytruth(m): 7:53pm On Jul 08, 2010
The most laughable thing about this so called finding is that it omits the most important question, which is why Nigerians are the kings in 419, scamming some of the so called most intelligent citizens of the world to the tune of billions of dollars over the decade.

They need to take a closer look at Nigeria and to look regionally in Nigeria. They would be shocked by their findings. cool
Re: Why Nigerians, Others Have Low Iqs —study by bkbabe90(m): 8:06pm On Jul 08, 2010
Onlytruth:

The most laughable thing about this so called finding is that it omits the most important question, which is why Nigerians are the kings in 419, scamming some of

Your question [/b]is "[b]Why Nigerians are the kings of 419" or "WHY ARE NIGERIANS THE KINGS OF 419?". Lol. English is a mother. . . . lol. IQ baby, IQ!!!lol
Re: Why Nigerians, Others Have Low Iqs —study by Onlytruth(m): 8:13pm On Jul 08, 2010
bk/babe90:

Your question [/b]is "[b]Why Nigerians are the kings of 419" or "WHY ARE NIGERIANS THE KINGS OF 419?". Lol. English is a mother. . . . lol. IQ baby, IQ!!!lol

So did you see any question marks in my quote?

This is how you get scammed by the same people you qualify as mentally deranged.
Re: Why Nigerians, Others Have Low Iqs —study by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jul 08, 2010
Onlytruth:

The most laughable thing about this so called finding is that it omits the most important question, which is why Nigerians are the kings in 419, scamming some of the so called most intelligent citizens of the world to the tune of billions of dollars over the decade.

They need to take a closer look at Nigeria and to look regionally in Nigeria. They would be shocked by their findings. cool
Lol dont confuse intelligence with greed.

BkBaybee's ppl attempts to accuse us of 419, but it takes two to tangle. If they werent so overwhelmed with the possibility of getting a share from "An African prince's wealthy inheritance", they wouldnt have been scammed.
Re: Why Nigerians, Others Have Low Iqs —study by Onlytruth(m): 8:21pm On Jul 08, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Lol dont confuse intelligence with greed.

BkBaybee's ppl attempts to accuse us of 419, but it takes two to tangle. If they werent so overwhelmed with the possibility of getting a share from "An African prince's wealthy inheritance", they wouldnt have been scammed.

You know, what I was really getting at is that the people that reached this conclusion are the ones with a thinking problem. I don't know if you have come across any of those 419 letters. They are sooooooooo laughably stooopid and lame. Yet someone seemingly intelligent buys into them.

Something as stooopid as "Hey I have $45 million dollars which I stole yesterday. Could you help me hide it in your personal account?"

How many truly intelligent people would believe that? Yet it happened quite frequently.
Re: Why Nigerians, Others Have Low Iqs —study by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jul 08, 2010
Onlytruth:

You know, what I was really getting at is that the people that reached this conclusion are the ones with a thinking problem. I don't know if you have come across any of those 419 letters. They are sooooooooo laughably stooopid and lame. Yet someone seemingly intelligent buys into them.

Something as stooopid as "Hey I have $45 million dollars which I stole yesterday. Could you help me hide it in your personal account?"

How many truly intelligent people would believe that? Yet it happened quite frequently.
ROTFL. grin

But why shouldnt they fall for it? They're intelligent groups of ppl.
Re: Why Nigerians, Others Have Low Iqs —study by Onlytruth(m): 8:41pm On Jul 08, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

ROTFL. grin

But why shouldnt they fall for it? They're intelligent groups of ppl.

grin grin grin

I rest my case.
Re: Why Nigerians, Others Have Low Iqs —study by bkbabe90(m): 9:04pm On Jul 08, 2010
Onlytruth:

So did you see any question marks in my quote?

This is how you get scammed by the same people you qualify as mentally deranged.

Dude, this is why I WILL NEVER TRUST THE AVERAGE IBO MAN! Yall so deceptive its unbelievable! Look at u shamelssly trying to worm your way outta the bullshiyyt u wrote on there. You asked a question, u beast of a liar, in grammatical error now ure trying to deceitfully claim otherwise! Is this your quote below or not?

Onlytruth:

The most laughable thing about this so called finding is that[b] it omits the most important question[/b], which is why Nigerians are the kings in 419, scamming some of the so called most intelligent citizens of the world to the tune of billions of dollars over the decade.

So what is the "most important question" the findings omits?!!? Liar! You made a grammatical error, accept it and move on instead of thinking, as always, the world is st.upid. Oooops, then again, maybe u dont even know u made a terrible mistake. If thats the case, this is wut your sentence should have read:

: The laughable thing about this so called finding is that it omits the most important question, which is: WHY ARE NIGERIANS THE KINGS OF 419 ?. . . .

That is what the sentence should have been, and not the gibberish u spewed uptop, and which ure still trying to defend! Biafran Ingrish  , I guess! lol
Re: Why Nigerians, Others Have Low Iqs —study by Onlytruth(m): 9:26pm On Jul 08, 2010
^^^

Ignored permanently. Packaged off to the nut case chambers once more. Keys flung into the Rio Grand.  cool
Re: Why Nigerians, Others Have Low Iqs —study by bkbabe90(m): 9:27pm On Jul 08, 2010
Onlytruth:

^^^

Ignored permanently. Packaged off to the nut case chambers once more. Key flung into the Rio Grand.  cool

Dude, its RIO GRANDE! You missed the "E", doofus!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osun, World Bank Construct 200km Roads In Rural Areas. / Anonymous Donors Besiege CPC !!!! Take It Or Leave It / Saraki Applauds Dogara As He Turns 51 Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.