Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,580 members, 7,843,811 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Nigerians Who Abandoned Homeland To Enjoy Their Wealth Abroad - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Who Abandoned Homeland To Enjoy Their Wealth Abroad (62060 Views)

Ifeanyi Ubah: 80% Of Igbo Derive Their Wealth From Tinubu’s Legacy In Lagos / Kanu Speech On Chasing Yorubas Out Of their homeland to Niger rep. / Soldiers Enjoy Their Meat In Sambisa Forest (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Who Abandoned Homeland To Enjoy Their Wealth Abroad by KnowAll(m): 7:53am On May 15
Deinde Fanendez,

the man who said “ two ram cannot drink water from the same bucket” made millions abroad became ambassador extra potentially for several Caribbean Nations, died abroad never ever settling Nigeria. One would think since you have made enough money you would want to return home. Anyways he died abroad stupendously wealthy.

Dan Etete

Abacha’s oil minister who after the death of Abacha has made the French chateau his new home. He has be living France ever since. Wondering why he has not return home at least he is rich and those looking for him are no more in government.

Deziani Maduake

Another oil minister who is now permanently resident in the UK has a Dominican passport at present. I understand she is negotiating with this regime to come back but to no avail at the moment. No wonder President’s after Buhari kept the minister of petroleum portfolio to themselves. With d example of Deziani and Dan Etete u would think twice b4 giving that portfolio to just anyone.

Kola Aluko

A protégée of Diziani, was supposed to have fleeced Deziani to the tune of $200.00 million dollars. Said to be large amongst the world’s oligarchs. He was once said to rent his yacht to Jay Z and his wife when they went on holiday. I don’t see him coming home anytime soon.

Guys , Do you know of any other bucks up Nigerian that seems to scared of coming home

27 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nigerians Who Abandoned Homeland To Enjoy Their Wealth Abroad by Stanleymaster1: 7:59am On May 15
They are enjoining their stolen fund in other countries while their country is in big mess. This was the mentality they gave the upcoming ones.

118 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Nigerians Who Abandoned Homeland To Enjoy Their Wealth Abroad by KnowAll(m): 8:02am On May 15
Stanleymaster1:
They are enjoining their stolen fund in other countries while their country is in big mess. This was the mentality they gave the upcoming ones.

Deinde Fernandez made his money independently. Had oil wells in Angola not even Nigeria. Don’t paint everyone with the same brush.

268 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Nigerians Who Abandoned Homeland To Enjoy Their Wealth Abroad by KnowAll(m): 8:05am On May 15
Antonio Oladeinde Fernandez, billionaire business magnate, diplomat, mining tycoon, Permanent Representative of Central African Republic to the United Nations, is dead.

Deinde Fernandez, as he was popularly known, died on Tuesday in a private hospital in Belgium.

Born in Lagos in 1936 to one of the first European migrants to the city, Mr. Fernadez grew up to become one of Nigeria’s most mysterious and reclusive billionaires with properties in several African countries as well as in Europe and America.

Not much is known about his early days, but in 1982, he was appointed an advisor to the Angolan government on Economic Matters.

Two years later, he became a Deputy Permanent Representative of Mozambique to the United Nations.

Yahaya Bello vs EFCC

In 1992, he was made a Special Adviser to the President of Mozambique on International Economic Matters, a position he held till 1995.

In addition to his diplomatic duties, Mr. Fernandez ran a string of companies such as Petro Inet‎t, a mining firm that had extensive oil, gold, and diamond interests in Angola as well as in the Central African Republic.

He also owned Sandcat Enterprises, View, Grantdale, Inuola, Sandcat Goldfields, Voguehope, Woods, Goldfields, and Petro-Inett Equatorial Guinea.

He also owned a string of properties, including a £3 million seven storey Gerogian town house in Edinburgh; a £4 million New York estate; a 25-acre £1 million 19th-century Chateau de Bois Feuillette in Paris; a £10 million property on the Premium Point peninsula, New York, among others.

45 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nigerians Who Abandoned Homeland To Enjoy Their Wealth Abroad by omowolewa: 8:06am On May 15
Which kin question is that, they are as many as the sea sands.

If I list those from my area this place no go contain am

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians Who Abandoned Homeland To Enjoy Their Wealth Abroad by KnowAll(m): 8:09am On May 15
omowolewa:
Which kin question is that, they are as many as the sea sands.

If I list those from my area this place no go contain am

Mention them. You can’t hide wealth. If you rich all you need to do is google the person’s name and it would pop up. To say u know people wey nobody know is an illusion. Me sef I be billionaire. 😅

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Who Abandoned Homeland To Enjoy Their Wealth Abroad by KnowAll(m): 8:13am On May 15
Adebayo Ogunlusi

Would have been another name on that least but he comes home. Saw him the other day with Ogun State Governor. Although based abroad but comes home.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Who Abandoned Homeland To Enjoy Their Wealth Abroad by KnowAll(m): 8:20am On May 15
he US department of justice has announced the final resolution of two civil cases seeking the forfeiture of the luxury assets that were laundered in and through the country in a case involving Diezani Alison-Madueke, former minister of petroleum resources, and her associates.

Diezani’s associates who were named in the forfeiture case are Kola Aluko, a Nigerian businessman, and Jide Omokore, chairman of Atlantic Energy Drilling Concepts Nigeria Limited.

The department said the forfeited assets were the “proceeds of foreign corruption offenses”.

In a statement released on its website on Monday, the US department of justice disclosed that “roughly $53.1 million in cash, plus a promissory note with a principal value of $16 million” have been recovered as part of “proceeds of illicitly awarded contracts” involving the trio — Diezeani, Aluko, and Omokore.

Advertisement

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Abandoned Homeland To Enjoy Their Wealth Abroad by KnowAll(m): 8:30am On May 15
read
A former Nigerian oil minister, Dan Etete, has hailed the verdict of an Italian court that acquitted Shell, Eni and their managers in the Malabu scandal.

PREMIUM TIMES reported how the oil giants and their managers were all acquitted by the court last Wednesday.

The verdict ended a trial that has seen officials of the oil giants battle to prove their innocence.

Prosecutors had charged that executives involved in the Malabu deal knew that much of the $1.1 billion they deposited into an escrow account controlled by the Nigerian government would be disbursed as bribes.

The oil companies and its officials have consistently denied any wrongdoing. However, in 2018, two middlemen named in the Malabu deals were found guilty of corruption in a separate trial.

Yahaya Bello vs EFCC

Several former executives of the companies were also cleared of wrongdoing, including Malcolm Brinded and Paolo Scaroni.

Environmental and social justice groups on Wednesday condemned the verdict, describing Italy’s anti-corruption laws as “unfit for purpose”.

“Significant” decision
But an unsigned statement issued on Monday said Mr Etete “notes with satisfaction that the Courts in Milan have rightly acquitted him of corruption and corrupt behaviour following a brutal and diligent 36 months trial.”

PREMIUM TIMES reached out to Anthony George-Ikoli, one of Mr Etete’s lawyers, who confirmed that the former oil minister authorised the release of the statement.

Adoke AD
The statement said the Milan judgement “independently follows the path of the UK’s trial and decision (double jeopardy) on the malicious prosecution of the Nigerian Government.”

The former oil minister described the decision as “significant and wide ranging”, adding that it also affirms that the “settlement agreements on transfer from Malabu to Shell and ENI were valid.”

The minister also said that the court has confirmed that no bribes were paid to anyone and that there is no case to answer on the issue.

“These matters have occupied the Milan Courts for over 3 years, with almost 200 witnesses. The FGN and Prosecutor’s position has been found to be entirely baseless——No Case to even answer said the Court,” he said.

“Milan was actively chosen by FGN to determine the issue of alleged corruption on OPL 245. They lost and must rightly live with that decision.

“The High Court in London ruled that FGN made the conscious choice to determine all alleged corruption on OPL 245 in Milan, both civilly and criminally. Both have now rightly lost in the jurisdiction they themselves chose.

“The acquittal in Milan is therefore determinative in all jurisdictions, including Nigeria. Any and every Order made against Chief Dan Etete in any Nigerian Court or directly or indirectly in any other court on alleged corruption on OPL 245 are hereinafter entirely invalid and will be struck out.”

Mr Etete said he and Malabu have jointly and separately suffered “massive and unquantifiable losses” as a result of what he described as “malicious and politically motivated wrongful allegation of corruption.”
Re: Nigerians Who Abandoned Homeland To Enjoy Their Wealth Abroad by Elzazzi: 11:33am On May 15
KnowAll:

Deinde Fernandez made his money independently. Had oil wells in Angola not even Nigeria. Don’t paint everyone with the same brush.

That Man was stupendously wealthy. He hanged out with the rich and mighty. Had several private jets.

He's my mentor. Reason I put him on my profile here on NL kiss smiley

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians Who Abandoned Homeland To Enjoy Their Wealth Abroad by KnowAll(m): 11:53am On May 15
Elzazzi:

That Man was stupendously wealthy. He hanged out with the rich and mighty. Had several private jets.

He's my mentor. Reason I put him on my profile here on NL kiss smiley

Nice one, he was a true patriot that Nigerians should be proud off. But that his quote about 2 rams eating from a bucket make me think that the meaning of that proverbs is “why struggle with the poor Nigerians feeding from crumbs coming out of from kleptomaniac Nigerian leaders “ when he can conquer the world which is a bigger fish. I have a feeling he can speak Portuguese too referencing his relationship with both Angola and Mozambique.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Who Abandoned Homeland To Enjoy Their Wealth Abroad by Elzazzi: 12:20pm On May 15
KnowAll:

Nice one, he was a true patriot that Nigerians should be proud off. But that his quote about 2 rams eating from a bucket make me think that the meaning of that proverbs is “why struggle with the poor Nigerians feeding from crumbs coming out of from kleptomaniac Nigerian leaders “ when he can conquer the world which is a bigger fish. I have a feeling he can speak Portuguese too referencing his relationship with both Angola and Mozambique.

Maybe he meant 2 captains can't sail a ship.

He's a descendant of returned slaves from Brazil. His family lineage are wealthy also.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians Who Abandoned Homeland To Enjoy Their Wealth Abroad by YorubaLord: 1:52pm On May 15
OP, what wealth, abeg? angry

You mean loot? angry
Re: Nigerians Who Abandoned Homeland To Enjoy Their Wealth Abroad by KnowAll(m): 2:38pm On May 15
YorubaLord:
OP, what wealth, abeg? angry

You mean loot? angry

Deinde Fernandez did not loot. Some of you Nigerians are on autopilot anytime you heard someone is rich he or she are looters. Of course 98% of d time u are correct but know some made their money genuinely.

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerians Who Abandoned Homeland To Enjoy Their Wealth Abroad by Melagros(m): 9:51pm On May 15
COMRADES, op should know that the aforementioned names did not abandon home, rather they were fugitive, and I will be happy if Buhari and tinubu will eventually become fugitive because of their self-made appointment as the ministers of petroleum

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Abandoned Homeland To Enjoy Their Wealth Abroad by YeyeGbami: 9:51pm On May 15
Leave am for Deziani.
Re: Nigerians Who Abandoned Homeland To Enjoy Their Wealth Abroad by YoungLionken(m): 9:52pm On May 15
Food don done for "I must japa by all means" crew grin..

Well sha, in all that you do, make sure you don't regret the previous...
Re: Nigerians Who Abandoned Homeland To Enjoy Their Wealth Abroad by Sonnobax15(m): 9:53pm On May 15
lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerians Who Abandoned Homeland To Enjoy Their Wealth Abroad by ppogba: 9:55pm On May 15
KnowAll:
Deinde Fanendez,

the man who said “ two ram cannot drink water from the same bucket” made millions abroad became ambassador extra potentially for several Caribbean Nations, died abroad never ever settling Nigeria. One would think since you have made enough money you would want to return home. Anyways he died abroad stupendously wealthy.

Dan Etete

Abacha’s oil minister who after the death of Abacha has made the French chateau his new home. He has be living France ever since. Wondering why he has not return home at least he is rich and those looking for him are no more in government.

Deziani Maduake

Another oil minister who is now permanently resident in the UK has a Dominican passport at present. I understand she is negotiating with this regime to come back but to no avail at the moment. No wonder President’s after Buhari kept the minister of petroleum portfolio to themselves. With d example of Deziani and Dan Etete u would think twice b4 giving that portfolio to just anyone.

Kola Aluko

A protégée of Diziani, was supposed to have fleeced Deziani to the tune of $200.00 million dollars. Said to be large amongst the world’s oligarchs. He was once said to rent his yacht to Jay Z and his wife when they went on holiday. I don’t see him coming home anytime soon.

Guys , Do you know of any other bucks up Nigerian that seems to scared of coming home

Your list is incomplete without the mention of PAUL OGWUMA, a former CBN Governor who died abroad in exile.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Who Abandoned Homeland To Enjoy Their Wealth Abroad by Dronedude(m): 9:58pm On May 15
Ok if na you dey their shoes, you go come back? Talk true no lie OP.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Who Abandoned Homeland To Enjoy Their Wealth Abroad by id4sho(m): 10:00pm On May 15
tongue
Re: Nigerians Who Abandoned Homeland To Enjoy Their Wealth Abroad by MrIcredible: 10:01pm On May 15
There's little or nothing to enjoy in this country.
The only people who enjoys staying back are lawless oppressors who want to use money, power and connection to oppress others.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Who Abandoned Homeland To Enjoy Their Wealth Abroad by seunayantokun(m): 10:02pm On May 15
The Atiku of UAE too should be on the list.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Who Abandoned Homeland To Enjoy Their Wealth Abroad by KingAzubuike(f): 10:03pm On May 15
Dan Etete should come back home as those looking for him are no longer in government really got me laughing grin

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians Who Abandoned Homeland To Enjoy Their Wealth Abroad by adisabarber(m): 10:05pm On May 15
Oluwo Fernandez was a strong ogboni man
KnowAll:
Deinde Fanendez,

Dan Etete

Deziani Maduake

Kola Aluko

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Abandoned Homeland To Enjoy Their Wealth Abroad by Bettergoat: 10:06pm On May 15
I don’t agree with you .
KnowAll:

Mention them. You can’t hide wealth. If you rich all you need to do is google the person’s name and it would pop up. To say u know people wey nobody know is an illusion. Me sef I be billionaire. 😅

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Who Abandoned Homeland To Enjoy Their Wealth Abroad by MrIcredible: 10:07pm On May 15
Stanleymaster1:
Holodoe
So the ones that they clearly wrote that made millions abroad too stole?
Thieves like accusing people of stealing...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jonathan And Wife Arrive Otuoke (photos) / Jonathan In Presence Of Osinbajo Receives Loud Ovations At Reedemed Camp / Timi Dakolo Calls Osinbajo 'Lie Lie Pastor'? (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.