Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,713 members, 7,851,439 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:19 PM

Oluwatoyin Madein: Tax Now Highest Revenue Source To Federation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oluwatoyin Madein: Tax Now Highest Revenue Source To Federation (9673 Views)

AGF Oluwatoyin Madein In Alleged Age Falsification, Bribery - Angry Directors / Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 / 5 States That Received The Highest Revenue Allocation In H1 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oluwatoyin Madein: Tax Now Highest Revenue Source To Federation by Joesno(m): 10:18am On May 15
Tinubu, Tax master
Re: Oluwatoyin Madein: Tax Now Highest Revenue Source To Federation by Crafteck1: 10:19am On May 15
SoNature:
That's the way it should be. However, this government should invest more in oil and gas to grow Nigeria's FX. That will save our ailing naira

Na ment? In a poor country tax be revenue?

2 Likes

Re: Oluwatoyin Madein: Tax Now Highest Revenue Source To Federation by Brushstrokes20: 10:24am On May 15
While eBOLA and his notorious gang of insatiable THIEVES keeps diverting the monies to private pockets!

1 Like

Re: Oluwatoyin Madein: Tax Now Highest Revenue Source To Federation by bionixs: 10:24am On May 15
emkz:
This is great. In countries like the UK, US ans Canada, taxes contribute to government revenue and are channeled to public use.

Another thing that must be done is bringing back tollgates. In most advanced countries I have visited, major roads are tolled. Apart from revenue, such funds are used to maintain such assets for public good. For example, if you are entering any state, you pay your toll. For states with large local government areas, you can toll each local government area's entrance.

One question that arose during the presidential campaigns was revenue generation and addressing the debt burden.

Previous administrations never defaulted in honouring debt obligations. The revenue drive by the Tinubu administration is also sensible.

May I also suggest the Ministry of Finance looks into some government assets that are not income generating or expensive to maintain and sell them off or lease them? For example, Federal Secretariat in Lagos can be bought by the Lagos State Government or private partners and convert it to profitable use like block of apartments? Also, we do not know why NNPC and FG still hold on to refineries. Might be useful to sell them off.

How about Ajaokuta Steel Mill? Can't someone like Adenuga or Dangote buy it off and make it productive? Our wealthy men are looking for where to put their money. The FG needs to open the space for them.

Our banks are profitable. There are critical sectors of the economy they can pour funds into.

When the economy is moving, foreign investors would want to come since their motivation is not charity but profit.
mugu ! After all your years in school, this sloppy analogy is what you could come up with ?

The countries where you claim to have visited In your dreams perhaps, this is how their electricity works ? This how security is ? This is how hunger and terrible policies hold sway ?
This is how their street roads are dilapidated.

A big SHUTUP to you .

2 Likes

Re: Oluwatoyin Madein: Tax Now Highest Revenue Source To Federation by emkz: 10:29am On May 15
bionixs:
mugu ! After all your years in school, this sloppy analog is what you could come up with ?

The countries where you claim to have visited In your dreams perhaps, this is how their electricity works ? This how security is ? This is how hunger and terrible policies hold sway ?
This is how their street roads are dilapidated.

A big SHUTUP to you .

If I defend myself to you about anything I say, I reduce myself to your level.

If I try to educate you, I waste my time on a blockhead.

I will pass.

You are too worthless for me to waste words on you.
Re: Oluwatoyin Madein: Tax Now Highest Revenue Source To Federation by Wainey: 10:29am On May 15
Crafteck1:

Na ment? In a poor country tax be revenue?
taxation is a good thing, the problem is that if citizens are taxed and their lives dont get better, the country will burn.
Only the rich are taxed currently, but when taxation reach poor man, when every band in power sector begin pay tax and u no give us light, then endsars will be cute compared to what is coming.
We thank God that the era of PDP where people dont hold their govt responsible is gone, currently almost every Nigerian understands a little of what is going on, eyes are on the FG, now even state govt are compelled to work as people are holding them accountable, soon the local govts will have it tough too.
APC might be a bad party but thanks to them, we now know that we can change govt
Re: Oluwatoyin Madein: Tax Now Highest Revenue Source To Federation by grandstar(m): 10:32am On May 15
emkz:
This is great. In countries like the UK, US ans Canada, taxes contribute to government revenue and are channeled to public use.

Another thing that must be done is bringing back tollgates. In most advanced countries I have visited, major roads are tolled. Apart from revenue, such funds are used to maintain such assets for public good. For example, if you are entering any state, you pay your toll. For states with large local government areas, you can toll each local government area's entrance.

One question that arose during the presidential campaigns was revenue generation and addressing the debt burden.

Previous administrations never defaulted in honouring debt obligations. The revenue drive by the Tinubu administration is also sensible.

May I also suggest the Ministry of Finance looks into some government assets that are not income generating or expensive to maintain and sell them off or lease them? For example, Federal Secretariat in Lagos can be bought by the Lagos State Government or private partners and convert it to profitable use like block of apartments? Also, we do not know why NNPC and FG still hold on to refineries. Might be useful to sell them off.

How about Ajaokuta Steel Mill? Can't someone like Adenuga or Dangote buy it off and make it productive? Our wealthy men are looking for where to put their money. The FG needs to open the space for them.

Our banks are profitable. There are critical sectors of the economy they can pour funds into.

When the economy is moving, foreign investors would want to come since their motivation is not charity but profit.

Old federal secretariat has been sold if I'm correct.

Lagos state refused to give the purchasers (UAC) the go-ahead to develop it. I think UAC wanted to built residences but the state said offices.
Re: Oluwatoyin Madein: Tax Now Highest Revenue Source To Federation by Chucks13: 10:38am On May 15
I swear if I'm the president I'm sacking you immediately for your insensitive statement as Tax chief.

1 Like

Re: Oluwatoyin Madein: Tax Now Highest Revenue Source To Federation by Everlastingson: 10:47am On May 15
emkz:

Says one who has never paid tax all his life.

1 Like

Re: Oluwatoyin Madein: Tax Now Highest Revenue Source To Federation by headboyprince(m): 11:00am On May 15
emkz:

so niegria is now UK or Us . hello wake up, nigeria is still a thrid world crap

1 Like

Re: Oluwatoyin Madein: Tax Now Highest Revenue Source To Federation by emkz: 11:04am On May 15
Everlastingson:

Says one who has never paid tax all his life.

I paid more than 2 million in taxes last year.

Can you see how senseless you are?
Re: Oluwatoyin Madein: Tax Now Highest Revenue Source To Federation by Diligence: 11:05am On May 15
Na so so money, IGR, revenue, multi taxations, fuel subsidy savings, una go dey hear, but no reflection on the standard of living of the people. Just like Lagos Template. At the end, when u hear debts wey dem accumulate eh, u go confuse & fear fear!
Re: Oluwatoyin Madein: Tax Now Highest Revenue Source To Federation by headboyprince(m): 11:09am On May 15
emkz:

If I defend myself to you about anything I say, I reduce myself to your level.

If I try to educate you, I waste my time on a blockhead.

I will pass.

You are too worthless for me to waste words on you.
hello, youre the blockhead here. your audacity to compare nigeria with tier 1 countries baffles me. imagine a wheel barrow comparing himself to an airplane. you dont even know how taxation works in advanced country, so just shut your mouth.

1 Like

Re: Oluwatoyin Madein: Tax Now Highest Revenue Source To Federation by ChybuzzDD(m): 11:12am On May 15
Paraman:
Tinubu is on the right path

Tinubu till 2031

Said by a guy from a certain ass-licking geographical region.
Re: Oluwatoyin Madein: Tax Now Highest Revenue Source To Federation by Gajagojo: 11:13am On May 15
The question is the breakdown of receipts by state and how is the money shared by state
Re: Oluwatoyin Madein: Tax Now Highest Revenue Source To Federation by Paraman: 11:17am On May 15
ChybuzzDD:

Said by a guy from a certain ass-licking geographical region.
Whatever

Tinubu will rule Nigeria till 2031
Re: Oluwatoyin Madein: Tax Now Highest Revenue Source To Federation by Everlastingson: 11:19am On May 15
emkz:

I paid more than 2 million in taxes last year.

Can you see how senseless you are?

You paid over 2 million, the way Alpha Beta pays in Lagos abi. Your master Tinubu is a downright hypocrite. Tinubu taxed Lagosians to penury but Alpha Beta, his shadow tax firm in charge of the state IGR, never paid a dime as tax to the Lagos State coffers.

1 Like

Re: Oluwatoyin Madein: Tax Now Highest Revenue Source To Federation by Putinofrussia: 11:23am On May 15
Way to go if the govt truly use the funds for the masses.
This is better than going aborrowing everytime.
Re: Oluwatoyin Madein: Tax Now Highest Revenue Source To Federation by Omuuvwie(m): 11:28am On May 15
Seriously collecting the tax is not even the problem here, but will they put the money realize in good use? Before you know now one person will steal money he can't finish in the next 300 years, what a country we are.
Re: Oluwatoyin Madein: Tax Now Highest Revenue Source To Federation by DaTruths: 11:28am On May 15
Righthussle:
Our leaders will dance as David danced as they read this news. More money to loot.

And Nigerians would just watch and do nothing, they would rather brag about which tribe the president is from.

This country should be divided so that those who wants to be king can be crowned, those who longs to be slaves can be chained forever.

1 Like

Re: Oluwatoyin Madein: Tax Now Highest Revenue Source To Federation by emkz: 11:30am On May 15
Everlastingson:

You paid over 2 million, the way Alpha Beta pays in Lagos abi. Your master Tinubu is a downright hypocrite. Tinubu taxed Lagosians to penury but Alpha Beta, his shadow tax firm in charge of the state IGR, never paid a dime as tax to the Lagos State coffers.
You know, I had put the exact figure I paid, but edited it our because I don't see how my tax liability is any if your business. You assumed I never paid. Even though you know you lied, you won't apologize for lying because you are not bright.

If Tinubu can be my master and mentor, I shall be grateful. I don't know him, never met him, but I like how you do everything to undermine him and he still rises like a phoenix.

How some of you consider supporting Tinubu an insult speaks volumes of how limited you are.

Since Tinubu's administration, has any Lagosian complained about taxes? No. But low-level persons complain about things they know nothing about.

By the way, when we were paying for LAWMA, we were happy to pay because every Wednesday, LAWMA came to clear our refuse.
Re: Oluwatoyin Madein: Tax Now Highest Revenue Source To Federation by emkz: 11:30am On May 15
headboyprince:
hello, youre the blockhead here. your audacity to compare nigeria with tier 1 countries baffles me. imagine a wheel barrow comparing himself to an airplane. you dont even know how taxation works in advanced country, so just shut your mouth.

Move on. I cannot waste words on you.
Re: Oluwatoyin Madein: Tax Now Highest Revenue Source To Federation by Honestey: 11:33am On May 15
I no wan yhear na our oyel money is what Nigeria is using to function again oooo
Re: Oluwatoyin Madein: Tax Now Highest Revenue Source To Federation by headboyprince(m): 11:38am On May 15
emkz:

Move on. I cannot waste words on you.
of course, i dont waste words on smelling mouth propagandist like you. i'll crush you if you try rubbish and you know it. tongue

1 Like

Re: Oluwatoyin Madein: Tax Now Highest Revenue Source To Federation by Oneday82: 11:41am On May 15
Ohhh yes tax is very good and part of government ways to make life meaningful to its citizens. This is only happening in a sane country.

In this part of the world I come from, tax is been generated from low income earners only to be looted by criminals in the government and other branch of the government.

Let these governments both past and present come out and show Nigerians what their tax have done to better their lives.

This country is a fraud... Visit Germany, UK, America and France and see the true definition of Tax. That is why they loot from us and go there to lavish it. Because they know such life and amenities there can't be used to measure where he is coming from, yet he is a serving Governor and Senators. Shame.
Re: Oluwatoyin Madein: Tax Now Highest Revenue Source To Federation by Everlastingson: 11:41am On May 15
emkz:

You know, I had put the exact figure I paid, but edited it our because I don't see how my tax liability is any if your business. You assumed I never paid. Even though you know you lied, you won't apologize for lying because you are not bright.

If Tinubu can be my master and mentor, I shall be grateful. I don't know him, never met him, but I like how you do everything to undermine him and he still rises like a phoenix.

How some of you consider supporting Tinubu an insult speaks volumes of how limited you are.

Since Tinubu's administration, has any Lagosian complained about taxes? No. But low-level persons complain about things they know nothing about.

By the way, when we were paying for LAWMA, we were happy to pay because every Wednesday, LAWMA came to clear our refuse.

In the light of all you said above, it's clear you don't know who Tinubu is.

1 Like

Re: Oluwatoyin Madein: Tax Now Highest Revenue Source To Federation by Charly68: 11:49am On May 15
It is a welcome development
Re: Oluwatoyin Madein: Tax Now Highest Revenue Source To Federation by Lilgabby(m): 12:16pm On May 15
Swears. Tinubu is doing great jobs behind the scenes. He'll make Nigeria great again. You need to vote for him 2027. We move again. He'll win and he must win.... Vote Apc, we are getting there ... Don't be fooled by medias. Asiwaju bola hammed Tinubu for presidency 2027. Koni baje sir. My able daddy. They just want to spoil babas work. But we go still win again. 💯🙌🙌🙏
Re: Oluwatoyin Madein: Tax Now Highest Revenue Source To Federation by Tareq1105: 12:34pm On May 15
Ofunaofu:
"Widen the tax net and reduce the purchasing power of the people" --Bola A. Tinubu

He never said so. Stop quoting him out of context.
Re: Oluwatoyin Madein: Tax Now Highest Revenue Source To Federation by Pootle: 1:10pm On May 15
CodeTemplar:
What about accountability.

that where the problem lies. application is wrong too, the rich should pay more and the poor lil but reverse is the case
Re: Oluwatoyin Madein: Tax Now Highest Revenue Source To Federation by HisXLNC1: 1:13pm On May 15
SoNature:
That's the way it should be. However, this government should invest more in oil and gas to grow Nigeria's FX. That will save our ailing naira
You should advice the federal government to invest in gold and other mineral resources being mined by individual states where these minerals are deposited.
Re: Oluwatoyin Madein: Tax Now Highest Revenue Source To Federation by Ofunaofu: 1:15pm On May 15
Tareq1105:

He never said so. Stop quoting him out of context.

What did he say?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PT, ANN, ADC Enter Into Strategic Alliance To Form Apt,adopt Hashim As Candidate / Sanwo-Olu Thanks Lagosians, Advocates Adherence To COVID-19 Protocols / FG To Begin N22.7tn Loan Repayment In 2026 –DMO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.