Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,452 members, 7,850,580 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:39 AM

Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) (26826 Views)

Tired of Looking for a buyer/seller on properties? Search No Further!!! / From 1 Room To Up To 4 Bedroom To Let/Sale In Isolo,Oke Afa,Ikotun,Bucknor,Agodo / Invest On Properties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by Obiedun(m): 10:47am On May 15
Peter obi go cry taya on this

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by Draxy(m): 10:47am On May 15
From the map show I don't see a building. I had to check my map as well. Let's try and investigate sometime. Tomorrow it could be any of us,except u are so poor u never can imagine u will own a property in Lagos or any place for that matter. Smh

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by bluebay(m): 10:47am On May 15
I see no need demolishing any Building there . They can just narrow the canal to avoid property damage .
Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by Peroavb: 10:48am On May 15
I have used my Google map to check the canal there is no building on it.
Just take a closer look at it
Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by Obiedun(m): 10:49am On May 15
CheapHomes1:
how do you that all the owners of buildings on that land are igbos?
Simply because they cry more than the bereaved
Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by Zool6: 10:54am On May 15
Those once deported back to Osun states are fake yorubas ?

So u have given up on lagos that every properties there now belongs to non yorubas?
Jakande estate demolition Idumota market are 90% yoruba properties wake up Yoruba are most affected by this demolition,,every building standing on the way of canal should be brought down ,

JohnnA1:
Very good.

You either comply OR you ship out.

This is Lagos; not your village.

This is YORUBALAND!

Eko O ni baje o...
Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by ibechris(m): 10:56am On May 15
That canal is the dirtiest canal in the country.

It stinks like mad...
Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by Patented: 10:57am On May 15
I did not address it as a lagos v other states matter na. We were discussing a Lagos matter and I commented on it as such. But i agree that its is a universal problem and that is why i said "Nigerians can be mad" and collusion is rife

seanfer:

Nothing is happening in the ministry of lands that is not happening in other states... People like to cut corners most times.
Here in my area in Port Harcourt someone sand fill the water ways and started building on the land, the LGA and state officials have been to the site and marked it, but guess what? The building is now on the 3rd floor... I am sure the government officials will not come back until that project is completed.
Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by pongwa(m): 11:00am On May 15
Lanrelagboi:

so this lovely buildings are going down......
LASG should as a matter of urgency, arrest the evil persons who sand filled these areas, they are evil. Next na to make stringent laws involving treatment of waste and traffic laws

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by Josephkabila12: 11:01am On May 15
All the houses blocking the canal should be brought down

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by goslowgoslow(m): 11:02am On May 15
CatchMeIfUCanMO:

You are busy claiming Lagos why the same Lagos just dumped you and your likes in one forest sometimes ago
You need to take your mental medication because I don't know where I told you that I was claiming Lagos. You don't even know where I came from. This is how madness will continue to develop in your system until you enter market.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by goslowgoslow(m): 11:03am On May 15
CheapHomes1:
if you dont care, then what is this about?
Mr man if you can't comprehend go take sniper, it is too early to be asking foolish questions.
Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by Ttipsy(f): 11:04am On May 15
SoNature:
Sanwo-Olu should pay attention to what happens in the ministry of lands. They are not transparent in that office.
exactly

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by Zool6: 11:05am On May 15
So is telling u to go back to ur ragbaji red mud village Emirates make up less than 5% of Dubai or Doha population that is where Lagos is heading to Sawo just have to deport ur ewedu stinking asses back to ur villages to give room for investors and tax payers to keep moving in

Thanks u sawo olu pls decongest our lagos we need fresh air from this destitute shouting awa lagos ,in reality there is no awa lagos but my lagos

quote author=Airlord2030 post=129963048]go and tell that to sanwoolu.[/quote]

Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by Oneday82: 11:08am On May 15
[quote author=immortalcrown post=129962268]Make dem no later shout tribalism.

After dealing with them, go for the buildings under electric wires. The law has always been there but inconsiderate humans are building houses under electric wires. Some even carve roofs around electric poles, which clearly shows that the poles were there before the buildings were started.

But the government should also jail all the ministry of lands workers that signed documents for those buildings. Don't punish only one person for an offense committed by many.

I can only reply you in a sane manner if you can proudly show us a single achievement recorded in your name. You are just a big looafer.

I'm waiting for it and if para venture you don't have, then you must be very stupid and daft to come out here and celebrate others people misfortune, orioda. People like you are the ones making other tribes to see Yoruba in the bad light. At your age you don't have sense, who is your father?

Oshi... And you have the guts ode
Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by Oneday82: 11:10am On May 15
Obiedun:
Peter obi go cry taya on this

Ode and who will celebrate the most? You are just a wasted sperm to think be thinking from your anuS. Ode
Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by Konquest: 11:10am On May 15
ElevationD:
Ahh.

That’s traversing Okota, Ejigbo, Ajao estate, Oke Afa and several other communities. Some other canals have been taken over by citizens who built on them and sand filled them. An example is the canal connecting Ikotun and Ejigbo.

Yesterday I was at Ikorodu and saw plenty policemen waiting to enforce it there.

Government can encourage water transport in some of those areas as a way to decongest the roads.
That's really serious mehn!
Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by ajog1: 11:12am On May 15
hopexter:

The government don’t usually know all activities going on in the states except being reported.
The bolded, while objectively true, is however wrong in this context.
A sandfilling of water canal spanning for over 500M couldn't have occured without the awareness of high-level individual at the ministries, even up to the state council.
Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by SEGLIZ: 11:12am On May 15
purplekayc:
How long have these houses been built there?
Was there regulations overseeing drainage passing then?
you shouldn't have typed that!? there are regulations overseeing the entire nation but we as a people only chose lawlessness as a way of life.
Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by TheAlchemist: 11:13am On May 15
Yorubas working in the ministry of land and survey setting up innocent igbos for their Waterloo since 1900BC... this might be the general perception.
Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by jaxxy(m): 11:14am On May 15
immortalcrown:
Make dem no later shout tribalism.

After dealing with them, go for the buildings under electric wires. The law has always been there but inconsiderate humans are building houses under electric wires. Some even carve roofs around electric poles, which clearly shows that the poles were there before the buildings were started.

But the government should also jail all the ministry of lands workers that signed documents for those buildings. Don't punish only one person for an offense committed by many.

JohnnA1:
Very good.

This is YORUBALAND!

Eko O ni baje o...

sorry I don't understand are the house floating on water or are those real houses?

The google images are confusing.
Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by Konquest: 11:16am On May 15
Lanrelagboi:

The Drainage Enforcement and Compliance Department of the Lagos State Ministry of the Environment and Water Resources @LasgMOE has issued a 48-hour contravention notice to owners of properties built on Right-Of-Way of drainage channel in Jakande Estate, Oke-Afa, Isolo.

This is in accordance with the Lagos State Environmental Management and Protection Law, 2017 and the renewed drive of the Babajide Sanwo-Olu @jidesanwoolu administration’s effort to ensure free flow of rainwater and prevent flooding across the State.

#ZeroToleranceLagos #CleanerLagos
That's the way to go!

The illegal building owners where warned while engaging in the illegalities years back by the government officials but they failed to heed the warnings. Now is the time for some reality check!

Lagos State has limited land space, therefore you have to ensure you follow the building codes and all government guidelines. Pay a good lawyer to verify the genuineness of all available lands and documents in Lagos (and anywhere in Nigeria) and even in Ghana where these same illegal land sales and ownership issues in Nigeria have also manifested for some years now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by hopexter(m): 11:17am On May 15
ajog1:

The bolded, while objectively true, is however wrong in this context.
A sandfilling of water canal spanning for over 500M couldn't have occured without the awareness of high-level individual at the ministries, even up to the state council.

Ministries don’t go about looking for land being tampered on by citizens. It’s not an insurance company that embark on Israelites journey all in the name of lands. When the time comes, the government claims that which belongs to them.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by Oneday82: 11:18am On May 15
Nobody a against the demolition of structures but they're lay down procedures towards that.

Looking at the Map at our disposal, there is no single structure obstructing the canal. Let's not make this look like a way to get back at a particular tribe.

Most of the places today in Lagos was a swamp and was sold to people to develop on them, after spending billions to sand filled the areas, the govt suddenly wakes up to say is obstructing water ways.

When was Lagosians when Tinubu was selling those places? At least I witnessed sand filling of all Ago and Amuwo area with part of island.

If you must demolish, those property owners needs a compensation right. That is how it should be, aside that, then is selective to a particular tribe.
Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by Joy2dworldxyz: 11:19am On May 15
Now water wan carry their houses go
Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by baralatie(m): 11:20am On May 15
I know of this well well

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by zomby(m): 11:23am On May 15
JohnnA1:
Very good.

This is YORUBALAND!

Eko O ni baje o...

In fact, as we all know, certain senseless group in the country are pretty much follow follow (copyCATs), just like Lagos state, they have already started to follow similar blueprint by demolishing all illegal structures around their various cities. But the attention of these hopeless losers are only on Lagos. This is why we say, if you don't like what is going on in Lagos, just return to your father's land, that is full of fake honey and fake milk...No be by force to live in Lagos!
May God bless President Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Governor BabaJide Sanwo-olu

Eko O ni Baje!

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by santaclaws: 11:28am On May 15
Lanrelagboi:

There has to be full compliance with the law, but that Canal is filled with more of debris and weed at the highlighted section. LASG should try to clear the canal after demolishing the structures encroaching... Eko oni baje!
Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by Putinofrussia: 11:36am On May 15
I can see some people saying tribalism.
Most houses there are owned by Yorubas.
80% of properties in Lagos are owned by Yorubas.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by Adammamon: 11:37am On May 15
Na werey your lineage be, it’s better to they eat oil than to they eat human beings, set of deranged animalistic cannibals. You think everyone is from upper iweka ba? If you like build house for lagos, lagos can never be your home, the werey people want biafra and still want lagos. The same way the idiot people are trying to join SS sate as biafa land because of their crude oil. Bunch of mofos.

DrAkpamudehe:

Is it normal for an ofe mmanu descendant like you who is from one village in south west maybe iragbiji or wherever, and who doesn't even have a single block in Lagos to also claim Lagos?
No be juju be that?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by Kam2021: 11:40am On May 15
Government is supported on this.Most of them know before actually sandfilling.most you landfill water in Lagos?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ghanaian Landlord Drinks Beer After His Arrest For Land Scam (Photo) / Pictures Of Burj Khalifa Tallest Building In The World / Rainstorm Destroys Houses In Ilorin, Renders 2000 Residents Homeless (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.