Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,449 members, 7,850,569 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:48 AM

Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) (26824 Views)

Tired of Looking for a buyer/seller on properties? Search No Further!!! / From 1 Room To Up To 4 Bedroom To Let/Sale In Isolo,Oke Afa,Ikotun,Bucknor,Agodo / Invest On Properties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by seanfer(m): 11:42am On May 15
bluebay:
I see no need demolishing any Building there . They can just narrow the canal to avoid property damage .
They should narrow the canal?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by bentenny(m): 11:44am On May 15
Impunity will continue if there is no investigation and punishment carried out on government officials in the ministry that permitted the sale of such lands!

These officials over the years watched land owners erecting their structures and said nothing!
Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by Adammamon: 11:48am On May 15
My father have built houses in lagos before your impoverished parent entered lagos through night bus to come and sell fake slippers and electronics. I am not a Lagosian or yoruba but I respect them. No Yoruba or lagosian can enter my hood and be claiming it belongs to them, they wont see the light of the day. Respect the people that host you, na them open your eyes, Lagos is your abroad and paradise, be grateful to them that welcomed your parents that’s why you have life today, you would have been useless like your cannibal brothers claiming ipob in the east.

DrAkpamudehe:

Is it normal for an ofe mmanu descendant like you who is from one village in south west maybe iragbiji or wherever, and who doesn't even have a single block in Lagos to also claim Lagos?
No be juju be that?

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by bluebay(m): 11:51am On May 15
seanfer:

There's a way to go around that area. We all know that canal won't be functional to have heavy water wave during the raining season. It can be narrowed and the water bed casted
Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by JohnnA1: 11:55am On May 15
Fafesot:

Explain pls... bcuz I'm an indigen of Lagos and I'm Yoruba, pls tell me how my fathers' land is "no man's land".
Oponu Ode ni awon people yen.

Na that long throat for Lagos go kill dem finally.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by Konquest: 12:01pm On May 15
Lanrelagboi:

Reality check!
Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by Adammamon: 12:12pm On May 15
Make igbo man just talk am as joke for my area say my land na no man’s land, we go kill them all overnight. Yoruba people too soft, they are the one holding this country, acting as moderators. If not wetin be Igbos? Make them split this country and let everyone go on their ways, so tired of sharing country will human eaters and meth pushers.

JohnnA1:
Oponu Ode ni awon people yen.

Na that long throat for Lagos go kill dem finally.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by ednut1(m): 12:14pm On May 15
Start jailing them too. Maybe them go learn

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by ednut1(m): 12:18pm On May 15
Draxy:
From the map show I don't see a building. I had to check my map as well. Let's try and investigate sometime. Tomorrow it could be any of us,except u are so poor u never can imagine u will own a property in Lagos or any place for that matter. Smh
swith to satellite map. Plain map doesn’t show building. See as u confidently dey type nonsense .

Is that not houses on canal below

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by JohnnA1: 12:20pm On May 15
seanfer:

Abi you no see question? 😒

"Make dem narrow the canal", as if him Papa na aqua man wey go control the flood wey go pass through.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by immortalcrown(m): 12:21pm On May 15
Oneday82:
I can only reply you in a sane manner if you can proudly show us a single achievement recorded in your name. You are just a big looafer.

I'm waiting for it and if para venture you don't have, then you must be very stupid and daft to come out here and celebrate others people misfortune, orioda. People like you are the ones making other tribes to see Yoruba in the bad light. At your age you don't have sense, who is your father?

Oshi... And you have the guts ode
You cannot be considered sane until you point out any falsehood in my comment.

You are the stupid and daft one until you prove that it is not wrong to build houses under electric wires and or near water ways.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by porthouse7(f): 12:21pm On May 15
jmoore:
One crucial question is, what were the goverment authorities doing when these guys were sand filling the area and built houses on it?

Looking at the map, I support the demolition.
how can a sane person be sand filling a canal to build house on it?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by skedman(m): 12:28pm On May 15
deavicky:
There is no house on that canal.
There is no house on that canal but they just want to make people cry rather than dredging the canal and doing the right thing

We are not problem solver but problem destroyer
Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by Cfine2022: 12:29pm On May 15
Cease fire guys. I do not think that the government is sincere about the demolitions. Going by the google map, the area shown in the picture is well known to me. The major culprit is the poorly constructed Fasheun Bridge connecting Ago Palace and Jakande. The bridge is trapping debris and obstructing the flow of water. The structures are not the issue as you can clearly see from the map. The government should be talking about demolishing the bridge and reconstructing it by raising the pillars to allow free flow of water and debris. The objects obstructing the water flow are debris that accumulated on the bridge pillars and not sand fills. We the residents have issues with people who built near the canal(both Igbos and Yorubas) but they are not the major cause,
Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by sparko1(m): 12:32pm On May 15
harryboyng:
Who gave the order for people to build there in the first place?? Who sell land. Govt no collect tax?

The truth is no government official can get a document for that land, but Nigerians knows how government work, if it's an election, nobody will care, they won't want to offend the elders of the area, they will allow them to do what they want.

The problem is, if you are smart, you should investigate the land before buying buy, once you visit the land office, they will tell you to bring money to start the process and once they discover the flaw, they will just squeeze as much as they can knowing fully you can never get the document.

But most people don't care, they feel once they are many the government won't be able to do anything, until now that used to be the case.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by Oneday82: 12:32pm On May 15
I am very busy Mr. And I am not ready to banter words with you. And since you didn't see anything wrong with your post, then you must be a joker.

I can't be found wasting my qualifications trying to explain to a daft like you.

And, If you can't provide me with what I requested from you, then you are not qualified to speak to me.
Have a good day.
Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by Tap0lane: 12:42pm On May 15
The cursed bastard that purchase land on water ways at ridiculously unimaginable cheap prices to build homes only to start crying like lunatics n bastards when govt demolish the buildings those are the saboteurs.

CheapHomes1:
who are the saboteurs you are referring to? is it the landlords or the lagos state government officials that because of their selfish interests decided to look the other way when these houses where being built?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by Tap0lane: 12:46pm On May 15
You beta leave that clown to keep fooling himself on thread. I am sure he is one of those obidient ipob.

Golan007:

You commit a crime and cry in court about the police not arresting you.
CheapHomes1 post=129962826:
who are the saboteurs you are referring to? is it the landlords or the lagos state government officials that because of their selfish interests decided to look the other way when these houses where being built?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by stuffs2002: 1:07pm On May 15
Beremx:
Only 48hrs? Lol
After government will lie that they were given two years

Sanwo-Olu is too soft.

El-Rufai as governor of Kaduna state will demolish all illegal structures and still send you the bill for the cost of demolition.

The state government will prosecute you If you refuse to pay for the cost of demolition.

Nasir El-Rufai na craze man wey no send anybody papa

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by Konquest: 1:14pm On May 15
seanfer:

Nothing is happening in the ministry of lands that is not happening in other states... People like to cut corners most times.

Here in my area in Port Harcourt someone sand fill the water ways and started building on the land, the LGA and state officials have been to the site and marked it, but guess what? The building is now on the 3rd floor... I am sure the government officials will not come back until that project is completed.
Succinctly stated... Very well said.

That's exactly what happened in Lagos State.
Same as Port Harcourt in Rivers State, same as Lagos State.

For instance, the officials of the Federal Housing Authority (FHA) in the case of Festac Extension, and the Lagos State building and regulatory authorities at different times warned these irresponsible people illegally building houses in non-designated areas years back and they took a lot of video evidence of these building contravention warnings. These videos were even uploaded here on NL thereby exposing the building code offenders as shameless liars. The plan of these dudes who built houses illegally was to bribe the land bureau officials because these guys think it's business as usual.

Within the last 2 weeks, the singer, 'Yemi Alade (she read Urban Planning and Regional Planning in the University of Lagos) disgracefully made a video criticizing the Lagos State Government for the Mende, Maryland, Lagos demolitions of houses that encroached on the canal setbacks. She misled her followers and emotional blurted out FALSELY that the house owners were given just 2 hours to quit. But unknown to her, the building contravention warnings were issued 3 years ago to the house owners and video recordings were made at that time!

=>https://punchng.com/demolition-netizens-tackle-yemi-alade-as-songstress-slams-lagos-again/

Now that the statewide demolitions have finally kicked in, these creeps (who should even be changed to courts and jailed right now, and made to pay for the demolitions like it's done in many advanced countries of the world) started shouting and making FALSE allegations that they were not informed OR that it's a case of ethnic victimization and other childish, demented acts of victimhood and propaganda. Unknown to them, these officials took photographs and made videos of the warnings they gave to these people.

Climate change is here and global sea levels have risen, therefore it's necessary to reclaim all natural and artificial water drainage systems from illegal encroachments in many coastal and riverine areas of the world to avoid getting submerged beneath the sea or getting flooded by overflowing rivers with innocent folks losing their legit real estate investments due to the actions of these other illegal building owners. Period.
Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by Coldspice: 1:23pm On May 15
purplekayc:
How long have these houses been built there?
Was there regulations overseeing drainage passing then?

Bia Nwoke, do you actually know how stupid you sound with this your idiotic question?

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by Coldspice: 1:26pm On May 15
Beremx:
Only 48hrs? Lol

I don't know your level of education but just to educate you, If you commit an offence, you are not entitled to time before being made to undo the effects of your criminality.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by Konquest: 2:03pm On May 15
ednut1:
swith to satellite map. Plain map doesn’t show building. See as u confidently dey type nonsense .

Is that not houses on canal below
Indeed, satellite maps are better for more clarity instead of plain maps.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by abbey621(m): 2:14pm On May 15
Coldspice:

I don't know your level of education but just to educate you, If you commit an offence, you are not entitled to time before being made to undo the effects of your criminality.

That's false! No demolition can be carried out without due notice, 48 hours is not due notice anywhere in the WORLD! Also, if this was a sane country, they would give the offenders enough time not only to provide documents but to appeal the decision through the legal system aka COURT!

For example, who approved the purchase? Who gave the build approval and so on! If the property has a proper C of O and building approval certified by the government then that makes it much more easier to challenge in court as government's incopentency and corruption had a direct impact on the issue at hand!

The only problem is that this is 9ja and both citizens and government are used to thuggery hence you believe in this blatant misuse of power!
Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by CheapHomes1: 2:45pm On May 15
Obiedun:
Simply because they cry more than the bereaved
who is the bereaved and who is crying more than the bereaved and how does that answer my question: how do you know that all the owners of buildings on that land are igbos?
Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by CheapHomes1: 2:50pm On May 15
Draxy:
From the map show I don't see a building. I had to check my map as well. Let's try and investigate sometime. Tomorrow it could be any of us,except u are so poor u never can imagine u will own a property in Lagos or any place for that matter. Smh

what has being poor and not owning a building got to do with people building houses on ROW meant for canal?
Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by onegig(m): 3:10pm On May 15
Beremx:
Only 48hrs? Lol

I am very familiar with those areas. The demolished houses along those route as far back as 2016/2017 during Ambode's time. Warnings have been given to such people multiple times. If I were the government 48 hours is even too long. They should take those houses down immediately and owners should be arrested.

It takes a special type of stupidity and foolishness to purposely see water ways and build on it.

If you behave anyhow, you should see anyhow.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by slowice(m): 3:27pm On May 15
But the canal is not blocked by buildings.... The image clearly shows this.... I don't know what Lagos govt is about but I think they should look into the activities of the ministry of land and housing
Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by janeedema(f): 3:48pm On May 15
Very well said.
immortalcrown:
Make dem no later shout tribalism.

After dealing with them, go for the buildings under electric wires. The law has always been there but inconsiderate humans are building houses under electric wires. Some even carve roofs around electric poles, which clearly shows that the poles were there before the buildings were started.

But the government should also jail all the ministry of lands workers that signed documents for those buildings. Don't punish only one person for an offense committed by many.
Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by Airlord2030: 4:09pm On May 15
Zool6:
So is telling u to go back to ur ragbaji red mud village Emirates make up less than 5% of Dubai or Doha population that is where Lagos is heading to Sawo just have to deport ur ewedu stinking asses back to ur villages to give room for investors and tax payers to keep moving in

Thanks u sawo olu pls decongest our lagos we need fresh air from this destitute shouting awa lagos ,in reality there is no awa lagos but my lagos

quote author=Airlord2030 post=129963048]go and tell that to sanwoolu.
stupid igbo idiot.

We don't like you people. Go away!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Serves Notice On Properties Blocking Oke-Afa Cannal (pictures) by Sleekfingers: 5:05pm On May 15
jmoore:
One crucial question is, what were the goverment authorities doing when these guys were sand filling the area and built houses on it?

Looking at the map, I support the demolition.

Some of the officials are aware.....they simply just collect money from those ignorant people

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ghanaian Landlord Drinks Beer After His Arrest For Land Scam (Photo) / Pictures Of Burj Khalifa Tallest Building In The World / Rainstorm Destroys Houses In Ilorin, Renders 2000 Residents Homeless (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.