Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,445 members, 7,846,846 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 03:47 AM

Which Foodstuff Do You Still Consider Cheap Presently? (picture) - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Which Foodstuff Do You Still Consider Cheap Presently? (picture) (18267 Views)

What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) / If You Are In Canada, See How Not To Run Out Of Nigerian Foodstuff / Prices Of Noodles And Other Foodstuff In Nigeria (2020) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Foodstuff Do You Still Consider Cheap Presently? (picture) by Love800(m): 9:23am On May 16
Lol.
Okay.

How do you preserve/store it?
emmy512:

My mom says it costs 500 or 250 and whichever you buy can satisfy 2 people.

500 own can last 3 days of frying or boiling for one person with a big mouth like me
Re: Which Foodstuff Do You Still Consider Cheap Presently? (picture) by Opanka44(m): 9:46am On May 16
kestolove95:
Nothing is cheap now evn garri wey poor man dey take hold body dem increase to over 1k

A mudu of white garri is now #1,200 while the yellow garri is #1400

A cup is #150
Re: Which Foodstuff Do You Still Consider Cheap Presently? (picture) by thesicilian: 10:17am On May 16
RenaissanceGuy:
Fallacy. Unless you are less than 20 years old and can't remember how life was then, there's no way you'd be saying this. Nobody was complaining and everybody knew that it was cheap then. Can you compare it to now that people who now eat rice are seen as rich people?? There was absolute price stability for foodstuff for many years. Or have you forgotten that a bag of sachet water was sold for ₦50 for more than 15 years, but suddenly tripled in price within months that APC took over.
Ok
Re: Which Foodstuff Do You Still Consider Cheap Presently? (picture) by Mariangeles(f): 11:45am On May 16
thesicilian:

Did you not complain when it was 10k? Were you able to afford it then? Was there any one who was clapping for the government when fuel was 87 naira? Now you're missing 2015 because 2024 is biting you hard. In 2036 you'll still look back at 2024 and regret. It's always been like that. Nothing is cheap. All you can do is stay above the economy.

Did we complain when 3 eggs were sold for just N120 as recent as 2021?
You're not being truthful and you know it.

Anything to defend the hardship Tinubu brought on Nigerians.
Re: Which Foodstuff Do You Still Consider Cheap Presently? (picture) by DamiAyo17(f): 12:47pm On May 16
Can u help me get from there?

I am based in Abuja

Niger State is a major producer of yams in this Country. They have Yam markets in Ishau, Sarkin pawa, Kaffin Koro etc. These are international markets, where People come from Niger republic, Benin republic, Cameroon, Sudan etc to by Trailers of yams every week.

Those areas are habited by Gbagyi, Koro, Kadara etc. Their major Cash crop is Yam. You will see farmers who have have become millionaires from farming yams alone. Some of them have tens of Trailers amongst other assets.

I repeat, 10k yams in Minna can be sold for about 200k in Benin. I know both cities like the back of my hand. And I've done yam business in both cities[/quote]
Re: Which Foodstuff Do You Still Consider Cheap Presently? (picture) by emmy512: 4:09pm On May 16
Love800:
Lol.
Okay.

How do you preserve/store it?
Buy not buying more than you can chew.

500 or 1k worth potatoes should be enough.

I uses it to do porridge, fry, boil
Re: Which Foodstuff Do You Still Consider Cheap Presently? (picture) by Love800(m): 4:34pm On May 16
Okay.

Thanks so much.
emmy512:

Buy not buying more than you can chew.

500 or 1k worth potatoes should be enough.

I uses it to do porridge, fry, boil
Re: Which Foodstuff Do You Still Consider Cheap Presently? (picture) by BeigJawnson(m): 5:12pm On May 16
kernniejay:
Food for thought.

Even food for thought is costly... Cos no food is cheap...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Many Nigerians Can No Longer Afford Beer - NB CEO, Hans Essaadi / Man Counters Those Who Say "Yoruba No Get Soup" (VIDEO) / Cooking Tips For Career Minded Single Guys (pictures Included)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.