Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,567 members, 7,850,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:06 AM

Which Foodstuff Do You Still Consider Cheap Presently? (picture) - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Which Foodstuff Do You Still Consider Cheap Presently? (picture) (18302 Views)

What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) / If You Are In Canada, See How Not To Run Out Of Nigerian Foodstuff / Prices Of Noodles And Other Foodstuff In Nigeria (2020) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Foodstuff Do You Still Consider Cheap Presently? (picture) by AngelicBeing: 8:46pm On May 15
Mariangeles:

Hehehehehe

Manna, abi? cheesy
Yesssssssss cheesy
Re: Which Foodstuff Do You Still Consider Cheap Presently? (picture) by Almaigaa: 8:49pm On May 15
nedu666:

You are no longer an oil baron. This nairaland and clout chasing self

Have you ever heard about "group of companies"?. When you get money, you will lay your hands on multiple businesses. Besides, I did this yam business over 15 years ago. I dey buy and load in like 4 trailers. Which i take to Benin, Asaba, Warri and some times Onitsha.

I make good money from each trip. However, I stopped due to some reasons. But I plan to start again soon
Re: Which Foodstuff Do You Still Consider Cheap Presently? (picture) by Ramirezkhay(m): 8:58pm On May 15
cheesy

At the bolded no suppose Dy this list

Na Rich Man Food

grin
Otaiky:
Even garri that was called a poor man food before is no more a poor man food.

Food I don’t eat before e.g Fufu, Amala, Pounded Yam, this Tinubu Administration has made them my favorite.
Re: Which Foodstuff Do You Still Consider Cheap Presently? (picture) by Evans20: 8:59pm On May 15
Anything that people enjoy prices always goes up
Some places satchet water is 50 naira, very soon now people will be selling cup of water in their houses, haba garri that we love so much has gone up, Nigeria why
Re: Which Foodstuff Do You Still Consider Cheap Presently? (picture) by ikorodureporta: 8:59pm On May 15
Only palm oil price did not change

1 Like

Re: Which Foodstuff Do You Still Consider Cheap Presently? (picture) by chelseamann(m): 8:59pm On May 15
kestolove95:
Nothing is cheap now evn garri wey poor man dey take hold body dem increase to over 1k
#3600 Per Paint

2 Likes

Re: Which Foodstuff Do You Still Consider Cheap Presently? (picture) by Almaigaa: 9:05pm On May 15
emperor4love:
the guy hv not been to benin no blame am,he thinks say sky rocket of foodstuff in edo is a joke until he touch down com verify

No mind an
Re: Which Foodstuff Do You Still Consider Cheap Presently? (picture) by RenaissanceGuy: 9:17pm On May 15
thesicilian:
Foodstuffs have never been cheap and will never be, but they're still all affordable.
Very true. A bag of rice that used to be around ₦10K in 2015 was very costly then, as only 2% of Nigerians could afford it then. Clap for yourself please.
Re: Which Foodstuff Do You Still Consider Cheap Presently? (picture) by HisXLNC1: 9:26pm On May 15
Zonefree:

My favourite local government in Nigeria.
This man! You still never repent? We don wait for you tire. But you funny sha.
Re: Which Foodstuff Do You Still Consider Cheap Presently? (picture) by vibemad007: 9:27pm On May 15
Eba a plate yesterday was 500 now its 700
Re: Which Foodstuff Do You Still Consider Cheap Presently? (picture) by Erums(m): 9:58pm On May 15
Ewedu
Re: Which Foodstuff Do You Still Consider Cheap Presently? (picture) by TheGiftedOne(m): 10:13pm On May 15
EreluRoz:
Yam. Get a good supplier from Niger state or Nassarawa state, Toto to be precise.

I've been to this LGA, I no notice say them get yam ooo. And I dey Abuja.
Re: Which Foodstuff Do You Still Consider Cheap Presently? (picture) by komzy589(m): 10:55pm On May 15
EreluRoz:
Yam. Get a good supplier from Niger state or Nassarawa state, Toto to be precise.
You have an agenda with this information πŸ˜•
Re: Which Foodstuff Do You Still Consider Cheap Presently? (picture) by Orlu15(m): 11:07pm On May 15
OP, forget all those places.Yam is cheaper here Benue (Zaki-Biam) precisely than those.
The good thing is Benue yams are very sweet.
check my signature for serious order!
Re: Which Foodstuff Do You Still Consider Cheap Presently? (picture) by kipson5(m): 11:35pm On May 15
Lagos price of foodstuffs is on another level

Please follow let's grow together, I promise to follow back
www.Facebook.com/kipsom
Re: Which Foodstuff Do You Still Consider Cheap Presently? (picture) by Sunnydays: 1:43am On May 16
Sweet potatoes
Re: Which Foodstuff Do You Still Consider Cheap Presently? (picture) by Juliearth(f): 1:51am On May 16
WhiteIverson:

I reside in minna and yam is expensive here. It still baffles me.

Help me tell them. A medium- sized tuber retails for 1k or more.
Re: Which Foodstuff Do You Still Consider Cheap Presently? (picture) by 2Ways(m): 3:20am On May 16
EreluRoz:

Which market in Nasarawa Toto sales cheap Yam?
Re: Which Foodstuff Do You Still Consider Cheap Presently? (picture) by thesicilian: 5:03am On May 16
RenaissanceGuy:
Very true. A bag of rice that used to be around ₦10K in 2015 was very costly then, as only 2% of Nigerians could afford it then. Clap for yourself please.
Did you not complain when it was 10k? Were you able to afford it then? Was there any one who was clapping for the government when fuel was 87 naira? Now you're missing 2015 because 2024 is biting you hard. In 2036 you'll still look back at 2024 and regret. It's always been like that. Nothing is cheap. All you can do is stay above the economy.
Re: Which Foodstuff Do You Still Consider Cheap Presently? (picture) by tonyshine01: 5:50am On May 16
So that una go increase the price with a renewed sheet.
Re: Which Foodstuff Do You Still Consider Cheap Presently? (picture) by 7arrows: 6:19am On May 16
Mariangeles:
Food used to never be a problem in Nigeria, but now, things have changed so bad and so fast.
With the way cost of things are going up everyday in this country, are there still any cheap foods?
What are the foods that are cheap where you reside?

Picture credit: Google.

Nothing. Thanks to a government that only cares for themselves. They will soon TAX us for posting on nairaland. Let's bet it
Re: Which Foodstuff Do You Still Consider Cheap Presently? (picture) by Ologbo147: 6:32am On May 16
Almaigaa:

10k yams for Minna go reach 200k for Benin. Yam for Minna can never be expensive compared to South
leave Benin now, you bald flat-headed demon, try comparing to port harcourt that is closer to your place and see it is costlier there, I know people who left port harcourt and come to Benin to stay citing cost of things.
Re: Which Foodstuff Do You Still Consider Cheap Presently? (picture) by YoshihideSuga: 6:34am On May 16
Almaigaa:

Niger State is a major producer of yams in this Country. They have Yam markets in Ishau, Sarkin pawa, Kaffin Koro etc. These are international markets, where People come from Niger republic, Benin republic, Cameroon, Sudan etc to by Trailers of yams every week.

Those areas are habited by Gbagyi, Koro, Kadara etc. Their major Cash crop is Yam. You will see farmers who have have become millionaires from farming yams alone. Some of them have tens of Trailers amongst other assets.

I repeat, 10k yams in Minna can be sold for about 200k in Benin. I know both cities like the back of my hand. And I've done yam business in both cities

Interesting. Is it only yams they sell there? What about other cash crops like sesame, ginger, hibiscus flowers etc?
Re: Which Foodstuff Do You Still Consider Cheap Presently? (picture) by Love800(m): 7:23am On May 16
Flour!
Are you joking?
CodeTemplar:
Beans

Flour.
Re: Which Foodstuff Do You Still Consider Cheap Presently? (picture) by CodeTemplar: 7:25am On May 16
Love800:
Flour!
Are you joking?
how much is a bag flour compared to a bag of cassava flour or garri? Please go and try cassava flour if wheat flour isnt cheap.
Re: Which Foodstuff Do You Still Consider Cheap Presently? (picture) by Love800(m): 7:29am On May 16
Is it still cheap now?
emmy512:
Sweet potato.

Fry it or boil it.

I called it sapa food while in Nigeria, in school it was my goto for rainy days
Re: Which Foodstuff Do You Still Consider Cheap Presently? (picture) by 99thEnemy(m): 7:31am On May 16
Mariangeles:

Is there a place called that? πŸ‘€

Send me some yams to Lagos.😚
Toto is a local government in Nassarawa state.
Re: Which Foodstuff Do You Still Consider Cheap Presently? (picture) by Love800(m): 7:36am On May 16
Wetin person wan use cassava flour do?
CodeTemplar:
how much is a bag flour compared to a bag of cassava flour or garri? Please go and try cassava flour if wheat flour isnt cheap.
Re: Which Foodstuff Do You Still Consider Cheap Presently? (picture) by Almaigaa: 8:11am On May 16
YoshihideSuga:

Interesting. Is it only yams they sell there? What about other cash crops like sesame, ginger, hibiscus flowers etc?

Other cash crops are sold there. However, Yam section is larger in all the mentioned markets
Re: Which Foodstuff Do You Still Consider Cheap Presently? (picture) by Almaigaa: 8:16am On May 16
Ologbo147:
leave Benin now, you bald flat-headed demon, try comparing to port harcourt that is closer to your place and see it is costlier there, I know people who left port harcourt and come to Benin to stay citing cost of things.

See this Ologbo man. Cowards wey Ishekiri don drive them commot for their ancestral land (Ologbo). Ishekiri didn't stop there, they also install their kings as Enegie. Pim una no fit talk. Na to come online make mouth una sabi grin grin

Ijaw don also collect Gelegele and many other communities from una. Fulani herdsman don sack many Communities for Akoko Edo side But fear no allow una talk. If I hear pim from you, I will advise Ijaw and Ishekiri to take over the entire Benin cheesy grin

Re: Which Foodstuff Do You Still Consider Cheap Presently? (picture) by RenaissanceGuy: 8:18am On May 16
thesicilian:

Did you not complain when it was 10k? Were you able to afford it then? Was there any one who was clapping for the government when fuel was 87 naira? Now you're missing 2015 because 2024 is biting you hard. In 2036 you'll still look back at 2024 and regret. It's always been like that. Nothing is cheap. All you can do is stay above the economy.
Fallacy. Unless you are less than 20 years old and can't remember how life was then, there's no way you'd be saying this. Nobody was complaining and everybody knew that it was cheap then. Can you compare it to now that people who now eat rice are seen as rich people?? There was absolute price stability for foodstuff for many years. Or have you forgotten that a bag of sachet water was sold for ₦50 for more than 15 years, but suddenly tripled in price within months that APC took over.
Re: Which Foodstuff Do You Still Consider Cheap Presently? (picture) by emmy512: 9:19am On May 16
Love800:
Is it still cheap now?
My mom says it costs 500 or 250 and whichever you buy can satisfy 2 people.

500 own can last 3 days of frying or boiling for one person with a big mouth like me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Many Nigerians Can No Longer Afford Beer - NB CEO, Hans Essaadi / Cooking Tips For Career Minded Single Guys (pictures Included) / Have You Ever Eaten Termite?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.