Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,657 members, 7,809,486 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:27 AM

Boko Haram Busted Or Conspiracy To Cover Sss Weakness? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Busted Or Conspiracy To Cover Sss Weakness? (8118 Views)

Conspiracy To Replace Abubakar Audu After The Guber Elections Exposed In Kogi / Buhari's Performance At APC Primaries Shows His Weakness - Former CNN Reporter / Lagos Police Attempts To Cover Up Shooting Of Banker & Security Guard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Busted Or Conspiracy To Cover Sss Weakness? by TRUTHTELA: 4:32am On Nov 23, 2011
Personally, I do not believe the SSS & the supposed Boko Haram's spokesman's stories. This is what I deducted from what is going ON. The SSS perceived an imminet SHAKE-UP, due to the National Assembly's pressure on Jonathan concerning Boko. Consequently, the have to come up with this DRAMA.

Analysis, some of the individuals mentioned by the "supposed spokesman " held political offices some years back and he's talking about THREAT messages that he sent and Nigerians are worried about a BOKO HARAM made up of SUICIDE BOMBERS, that hit FORCE HQ, UN HQ (Abj) & not sure they are done yet.

Remember, we have seen this type of drama when Bola Ige was killed. @ the end of the day, what came out of it? I am not dismissing every the guy's story, but something is not ADDING UP TO ME. I smelled conspirancy.

I think there's POLITICAL BOKO HARAM which has expired or snowballed into a BOKO HARAM TERRORIST GROUP. The

What do you make out of the guy's confession? Pls intellectual discussion. No name callling or tribalism. This I think, What do you think?
Re: Boko Haram Busted Or Conspiracy To Cover Sss Weakness? by Beaf: 4:57am On Nov 23, 2011
I think what is missing are more names. It seems the SSS is doing things in step, Modu Sheriff (ANPP) has not been picked up, whereas Ndume (PDP) has. Its just my hunch, but I believe they will pick out the top PDP people involved before closing the net on all others.

Is there a political boko haram? Of course, we saw the coup taking place with the execution of Yusuf's followers on the streets in broad daylight; that was the day boko haram siezed to be about some misguided religion and took on the toga of terrorism.
Re: Boko Haram Busted Or Conspiracy To Cover Sss Weakness? by TRUTHTELA: 5:15am On Nov 23, 2011
@ Beaf, Sir,  I do not think rolling out names will make any difference, in regards to the TERRORISM that Nigeria is dealing with now. Anybody can wake up & call my name or decide to implicate me about something,but, in the eyes of the LAW, you have to prove ( EVIDENCE) that he has sponsored terrorism in the real sense of SPONSORSHIP. Mind you, the names to be called is what I termed ( Na dem- dem), PDP? Give this drama one week. And I found it very funny, that the " supposed Boko spokesman" just pleaded guilty instantly. I stand to be corrected, I read that the magistrate tried asking him a question & the SSS men rejected him answering, that it will jeopardize investigation. You don't have all your facts & you're in court. I don't get it. Someone can educate moi.
Re: Boko Haram Busted Or Conspiracy To Cover Sss Weakness? by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 5:20am On Nov 23, 2011
Interesting
Re: Boko Haram Busted Or Conspiracy To Cover Sss Weakness? by gists: 5:33am On Nov 23, 2011
I've said this when this news 1st broke out. Am not convinced yet. The way the man just start confessing and naming people is just too easy/fast. But then, I have been wrong b4 and I may be wrong again. I just have this hunch that this is just some half-truth coming out.
Re: Boko Haram Busted Or Conspiracy To Cover Sss Weakness? by saintneo(m): 5:43am On Nov 23, 2011
OP's CT is rubbish. The sponsors have been named the next step is to arrest, investigate further and put them on trial.
Re: Boko Haram Busted Or Conspiracy To Cover Sss Weakness? by Beaf: 5:46am On Nov 23, 2011
TRUTHTELA:

@ Beaf, Sir,  I do not think rolling out names will make any difference, in regards to the TERRORISM that Nigeria is dealing with now. Anybody can wake up & call my name or decide to implicate me about something,but, in the eyes of the LAW, you have to prove ( EVIDENCE) that he has sponsored terrorism in the real sense of SPONSORSHIP. Mind you, the names to be called is what I termed ( Na dem- dem), PDP? Give this drama one week. And I found it very funny, that the " supposed Boko spokesman" just pleaded guilty instantly. I stand to be corrected, I read that the magistrate tried asking him a question & the SSS men rejected him answering, that it will jeopardize investigation. You don't have all your facts & you're in court. I don't get it. Someone can educate moi.

I read a newspaper article where the SSS says it is trawling through Modu Sheriff and Ndume's phone logs and that quite a few more high profile arrests will be made shortly. So the investigations are still in full swing, but it would seem that either they have got more than enough on Ndume or they feel he might have been spooked and ready to run, so he was arrested and arraigned immediately.

For the guy thats freely confessing, none of us know the techniques that have been used on him to make him wax lyrical. The SSS might be cautious about anything he says so that those not yet arrested wouldn't get any details from the courts and do a runner (or kill witnesses etc).
Re: Boko Haram Busted Or Conspiracy To Cover Sss Weakness? by naptu2: 5:48am On Nov 23, 2011
I believe there are many factions in Boko Haram. You have Yusuf's followers who may or may not have been used as tools by politicians and then you have the (more deadly) factions with links to Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb.
Re: Boko Haram Busted Or Conspiracy To Cover Sss Weakness? by violent(m): 6:51am On Nov 23, 2011
The SSS have absolutely no credibility,. . . a complete joke of an organisation which historically has only been useful as a political lapdog---believe them and I'd sell you the bridge my grandad left me in his will!

I remember them arresting Dokpesi and making the loudest noise I've ever heard, about it. . . , they came to courts heavily armed to teeth and told us we can now sleep soundly at night, ----the culprit has been found, and they have a tangible evidence to back their hunt - a text message reportedly saying "Oga, na we do am". . , not funny believe me!

Fast forward 13 months and several bombings after. . . .now they have the real culprit. . .and as expected, they have their evidence. . . .a volunteered statement provided by a "remorseful leader" of a sect who have relentlessly killed/maimed Nigerians in their thousands. . .the same sect who have turned our daily lives to a living nightmare!

If you are not asking what's the catch, then it may be a sign that you are an idio[i]t[/i]!

13 months after, with the same lazy brains working at the SSS. . .using the same outdated technology. . .under the leadership of the same r[i]e[/i]tarded president. . .combating an increasingly relentless violent sect?. . .

If someone is not producing some damming evidence, besides this annoying "he said, they said", then we are simply on that same spot we were 13 months ago, only this time, weaker and likely dumber!
Re: Boko Haram Busted Or Conspiracy To Cover Sss Weakness? by soluwunmi(m): 7:04am On Nov 23, 2011
Just wat I thot,, I might be a doubting Thomas too , but the profiling of Boko Haram we got over d years would suggest these guys r diehards dat will not go down without fighting not cowards that will spew the beans as simply as we are seeing on the news or probably this is just a distraction.
Re: Boko Haram Busted Or Conspiracy To Cover Sss Weakness? by palmwine(m): 2:22pm On Nov 23, 2011
My Concern is SSS has no evidence on anyone yet! guy may turn around to say he was made to confess under duress. Its his word against Ndume. The investigation is sloppy.

SSS Shuold have kept it all away from the media. Make the guy turn state witness offer him protection and use him against all Boko Haram cells in the north. Remember that this organisation is high decentralise.

SSS rushed to the media too soon, can someone tell Marilyn Ogar that the SSS is not and advertising agency but a security service.

Nothing will come out of this investigation it is too sloppy.
Re: Boko Haram Busted Or Conspiracy To Cover Sss Weakness? by lukesh(m): 2:26pm On Nov 23, 2011
A claw in the bottle, revelation of cans of worm
Re: Boko Haram Busted Or Conspiracy To Cover Sss Weakness? by ariblaze(m): 2:27pm On Nov 23, 2011
ECOMOG are not Boko- Haram
Submitted by wachy (not verified) on November 23, 2011 - 08:12.

please can SSS tell Nigerians the truth for once, ECOMOG-militants are not the real Boko haram, infact the real boko haram emerged because of the excesses of the then gov. Ali Sheriff and his ECOMOG FORCE who terrorize innocent citizens beyond comment and when you report to the police nothing is going to happen. That was when the real boko haram started asking Ali sherif to stop spraying money on the street but the gov. could not listen, so BH started preaching against the gov. openly. the gov then instructed police to deal with the real BH whom were known as "YUSUFIYYA GROUP" by killing 2 of its members on the ground of not using crash-helmate, in which the BH demanded for apology but the police instead of apology started arresting its members and every thing went sour. ECOMOG FORCE are known to every body in Borno state not just maiduguri. SSS should go after the real BH and not to used these to cover for its failure to protect innocent Nigerians. THANX

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/boko-haram-senator-ndume-arraigned-terrorism-charges

the quoted was lifted from the comments on sahara reporters. . . .a link i have also made available

before we sit in judgment or debate . . . lets understand this, none of us are on ground in maiduguri  and this quoted reply interests me, for it bellies the opinion of the average sule on the streets of Borno

which brings me to this question? who should we believe?
Re: Boko Haram Busted Or Conspiracy To Cover Sss Weakness? by blackpanda: 2:28pm On Nov 23, 2011
TRUTHTELA:

@ Beaf, Sir,  I do not think rolling out names will make any difference, in regards to the TERRORISM that Nigeria is dealing with now. Anybody can wake up & call my name or decide to implicate me about something,but, in the eyes of the LAW, you have to prove ( EVIDENCE) that he has sponsored terrorism in the real sense of SPONSORSHIP. Mind you, the names to be called is what I termed ( Na dem- dem), PDP? Give this drama one week. And I found it very funny, that the " supposed Boko spokesman" just pleaded guilty instantly.  I stand to be corrected, I read that the magistrate tried asking him a question & the SSS men rejected him answering, that it will jeopardize investigation. You don't have all your facts & you're in court. I don't get it. Someone can educate moi.

Exactly, i also found it shocking that the magistrate decided to postpone sentencing "pending the conclusion of investigation". Secondly, was the confessional statement of the accused corroborated? Becos last time i checked, a confessional statement alone is not enought to secure conviction.
Everything is happening just too fast to be taken serious
Re: Boko Haram Busted Or Conspiracy To Cover Sss Weakness? by AZeD1(m): 2:30pm On Nov 23, 2011
violent:

The SSS have absolutely no credibility,. . . a complete joke of an organisation which historically has only been useful as a political lapdog---believe them and I'd sell you the bridge my grandad left me in his will!

I remember them arresting Dokpesi and making the loudest noise I've ever heard, about it. . . , they came to courts heavily armed to teeth and told us we can now sleep soundly at night, ----the culprit has been found, and they have a tangible evidence to back their hunt - a text message reportedly saying "Oga, na we do am". . , not funny believe me!

Fast forward 13 months and several bombings after. . . .now they have the real culprit. . .and as expected, they have their evidence. . . .a volunteered statement provided by a "remorseful leader" of a sect who have relentlessly killed/maimed Nigerians in their thousands. . .the same sect who have turned our daily lives to a living nightmare!

If you are not asking what's the catch, then it may be a sign that you are an idio[i]t[/i]!
If you believe this sss story then go and have you head examined!!!!

13 months after, with the same lazy brains working at the SSS. . .using the same outdated technology. . .under the leadership of the same r[i]e[/i]tarded president. . .combating an increasingly relentless violent sect?. . .

If someone is not producing some damming evidence, besides this annoying "he said, they said", then we are simply on that same spot we were 13 months ago, only this time, weaker and likely dumber!

Re: Boko Haram Busted Or Conspiracy To Cover Sss Weakness? by sandraa(f): 2:39pm On Nov 23, 2011
I thot I was the only one seeing d lapses, d almighty bokoharam dat ve not been caught since last year all of a sudden is spilling d beans like a baby!
Pls give me a break!, dis is political to d teeth and our almighty clueless is at hand again!
Can't he JƱڪτ learn from Obama??v
Re: Boko Haram Busted Or Conspiracy To Cover Sss Weakness? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Nov 23, 2011
i think nufin has happened in this whole boko haram issue,

d major names have not been called,
Re: Boko Haram Busted Or Conspiracy To Cover Sss Weakness? by Kx: 2:48pm On Nov 23, 2011
Without derailing the thread, what i find funny and "laffable" is the very open way the secret service is going about
revealing the identity of her spokes woman.

Does FBI,CIA,KGB,MI5 etc make the identities of their operatives this public?
Re: Boko Haram Busted Or Conspiracy To Cover Sss Weakness? by gangar(m): 2:49pm On Nov 23, 2011
Those of us who live in maiduguri know that, there is indeed a lot of cover up. The spokeman mentioned three names. Why is only one picked for prosecution? How can a politician sponsor another human being to commit suicide bombing? How much money is a human life worth? There are thousands of Boko Haram suspects in SSS detention who have made statements, why was this one "Usman Sanda Konduga" aka "alzawahiri" singled out to talk in front of the Cameras? Some of the people he mentioned are still alive, why was Ndume singled out for arrest and prosecution?
Ali sherifs name has been consistently named in connection with boko haram.He has as yet not been invited for questioning.
In any case the arrested is an imposter as he himself has admitted he was expelled from the group earlier. And if its true, going by the track record of Boko Haram, he would have been long executed if indeed he ever belonged to the group.
Re: Boko Haram Busted Or Conspiracy To Cover Sss Weakness? by TenKobo1: 2:55pm On Nov 23, 2011
Looking for a JOKE?? Check the SSS. that organisation is the hugest joke, as far as espionage is concerned any where in the world. My goodness!! even Steve wonder could see this ploy from far away America. What does these guys take us for
Re: Boko Haram Busted Or Conspiracy To Cover Sss Weakness? by gangar(m): 2:56pm On Nov 23, 2011
lukesh:

A claw in the bottle, revelation of cans of worm

This is the truth
Re: Boko Haram Busted Or Conspiracy To Cover Sss Weakness? by adamabdul: 2:59pm On Nov 23, 2011
@gangar ALOT OF FOOLS HERE ACTUALLY THINK HE IS BOKO HARAM WHILE IT IS VERY CLEAR FOR WE IN MAIDUGURI THAT THIS IS JUST SET UP.AND BOKO HARAM HAS DISOWNED THE GUY SEVERAL TIMES INFACT THERE WAS INSTANCE HE WAS DECLARED WANTED BY BOKO HARAM.
Re: Boko Haram Busted Or Conspiracy To Cover Sss Weakness? by gangar(m): 3:00pm On Nov 23, 2011
ECOMOG are not Boko- Haram
Submitted by wachy (not verified) on November 23, 2011 - 08:12.

please can SSS tell Nigerians the truth for once, ECOMOG-militants are not the real Boko haram, infact the real boko haram emerged because of the excesses of the then gov. Ali Sheriff and his ECOMOG FORCE who terrorize innocent citizens beyond comment and when you report to the police nothing is going to happen. That was when the real boko haram started asking Ali sherif to stop spraying money on the street but the gov. could not listen, so BH started preaching against the gov. openly. the gov then instructed police to deal with the real BH whom were known as "YUSUFIYYA GROUP" by killing 2 of its members on the ground of not using crash-helmate, in which the BH demanded for apology but the police instead of apology started arresting its members and every thing went sour. ECOMOG FORCE are known to every body in Borno state not just maiduguri. SSS should go after the real BH and not to used these to cover for its failure to protect innocent Nigerians. THANX

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/boko-haram-senator-ndume-arraigned-terrorism-charges

the quoted was lifted from the comments on sahara reporters. . . .a link i have also made available

before we sit in judgment or debate . . . lets understand this, none of us are on ground in maiduguri  and this quoted reply interests me, for it bellies the opinion of the average sule on the streets of Borno

which brings me to this question? who should we believe?
[quote][/quote]
true
Re: Boko Haram Busted Or Conspiracy To Cover Sss Weakness? by ortopazz(m): 3:13pm On Nov 23, 2011
all these conspiracy theories are not helping matters, I MEAN come to think of it, if he his a spokesman as he literally said, a name should be too little except he just wants to fill our ears with hallelujah details coz right now anything will do
Re: Boko Haram Busted Or Conspiracy To Cover Sss Weakness? by badboym: 3:16pm On Nov 23, 2011
Boko Haram does releases Statements to the press, Am sure they'll be the ones to clarify if all what we've seen in the media is a propaganda or genuine.
Re: Boko Haram Busted Or Conspiracy To Cover Sss Weakness? by ortopazz(m): 3:17pm On Nov 23, 2011
he knows of course that we are desperate and OUR sss as  I earlier termed them in a previous post are not living up to expectations and this calls for concern to all who are involved, NIGERIA IS HEADING FOR THAT ICEBERG AMIDST THESE HORROFIC SUN
Re: Boko Haram Busted Or Conspiracy To Cover Sss Weakness? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 23, 2011
Sure there is more to this as OP rightly pointed just like IBB's phantom illness that took him abroad.
Re: Boko Haram Busted Or Conspiracy To Cover Sss Weakness? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 23, 2011
A funny thread this is! Based on the responses above, it is obvious so many nairalanders do not want Boko Haram arrested,dealt with or crushed.Conspiracy theory and all sort of cynical response so as to continue to discredit the government of the day.The arrest of this man was made on the 3rd of November or there about and the SSS only came out to inform the public after abt 20days and Cynics as usual want us to believe they (SSS) are not doing anything.Na wa! I guess a lot of Nairaland were truely enjoying the insecurity that envelops the nation.A pertinent question is why has the same arrested Spokeman whose code name is Al whatever not come out to refute his arrest?
I beg to defer on so many 1+1=5 theory here.It is just obvious so many people would want to see Boko haram cotinue their deadly actons.-Osisakankwu terrorize Abia state as if he was immortal,alpha and omega.But he was killed like a fly.John Togo terrorize the Niger delta especially Delta state.He was killed like a common Mosquito.Osama the number one terrorist and second in command was killed like a common house rat without funfare.The great man i somehow have respect for(Gadaffi was killed like a common bushmeat without much ado.And so many people expect the rain to fall ceaselesly and fire to come from heaven before they belive the end of Boko Haram is here? Na wa! wish they act this same way when they are told the problem in their personal life is over.
Bunch of haters!
Re: Boko Haram Busted Or Conspiracy To Cover Sss Weakness? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Nov 23, 2011
adamabdul:

@gangar ALOT OF FOOLS HERE ACTUALLY THINK HE IS BOKO HARAM WHILE IT IS VERY CLEAR FOR WE IN MAIDUGURI THAT THIS IS JUST SET UP.AND BOKO HARAM HAS DISOWNED THE GUY SEVERAL TIMES INFACT THERE WAS INSTANCE HE WAS DECLARED WANTED BY BOKO HARAM.

Are u one of them?
Re: Boko Haram Busted Or Conspiracy To Cover Sss Weakness? by ortopazz(m): 3:32pm On Nov 23, 2011
in as much as we operate a democracy we should not be blind to the fact that there is more to what these guy aint telling, for example I guess if johnathan does not call the shots in these case then the bigwigs will close this case prematurely, and that will then continue a long sequel of rubbish that wont hold water for long, but in asmuch as WE NIGERIANS and am sorry poster but these questions ought to be asked--

1) WHICH REGION HAS PROVED HEADY IN ANYTHING UNITY IN NIGERIA?

2) WHICH REGION HAS REFUSED THE WHITE'S MAN FLEECE AND SETTLED FOR IGNORANCE?

3) WHICH REGION HAS REFUSED TO COME TO TERMS WITH REALITY THAT BETTER MEANS OF ENSURING THAT THINGS ARE BETTER THAN RESULTING TO VIOLENCE.

4) WHICH HAS ITS LEADERS USED THE POPULACE HAS PAWNS AND YET REMORSE WHATSOEVER?

5) WHICH HAS THE LEADERS PREACHED AND BRAIN WASHED THE YOUNG YOUTHS WITH FUTURE INTO COMMITTING CRIMES SEND THEM TO EARLY YET THEY HAVE CHILDREN UNDER THEIR ROOFS, MARRYING THEM TO ENTREPRENEURS CHILDREN, GOVERNORS, ETC

OF COURSE ITS OBVIOUS THESE GUY MUST BE RECHECKED, IF SOMETHING IS WRONG THEN WE MUST USE OUR ONLY CLUE TO GET TO THE FIX OF THIS ISSUE.
Re: Boko Haram Busted Or Conspiracy To Cover Sss Weakness? by ortopazz(m): 3:38pm On Nov 23, 2011
a jail term is not the issue, they(boko haramsaazaz) believe in radical methods then what stops we from using radical methods from extracting radical facts, u can imagine ndume wanted seeing his stupid lawyer and then said he was cancer positive, hu cares, and am guessing the judge bought the story, we must open eyes and am not saying so but if this ndume is let off the hook, TO MY GOD WHO MADE ME, WE ARE DOOMED.

AFTER ALL NA DISEASE THEM DE USE BAGG BAIL TERMS
Re: Boko Haram Busted Or Conspiracy To Cover Sss Weakness? by ortopazz(m): 3:42pm On Nov 23, 2011
face yr probs naija.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

For Those Familiar With Abuja, Can You Tell Us Which Expressway Is This: Photo / SSS Ransacks Jonathans Office / The End Of Crude Oil And Its Implications for The Igbo Identity In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.