Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,671 members, 7,851,286 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:23 PM

Abia Airport Fund: Nobody Can Question My Decision To Reverse Project — Ikpeazu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Airport Fund: Nobody Can Question My Decision To Reverse Project — Ikpeazu (16970 Views)

Re: Abia Airport Controversy - Otti, Hold Yourself To Higher Standard - Okiyi / Abia Airport Controversy: Otti Seeks N10bn Refund, Not Ikpeazu's Jailing (video) / Ikpeazu Moves To Build Abia Airport, Vows To Complete Before 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abia Airport Fund: Nobody Can Question My Decision To Reverse Project — Ikpeazu by strangest(m): 9:23am On May 16
Thief

1 Like

Re: Abia Airport Fund: Nobody Can Question My Decision To Reverse Project — Ikpeazu by tizzle(m): 9:24am On May 16
Na the money we dey find. We can't question your decision to reverse the project but we can question your decision to embezzle the funds

1 Like

Re: Abia Airport Fund: Nobody Can Question My Decision To Reverse Project — Ikpeazu by Hafeexla(m): 9:25am On May 16
BigBlackPreek:
Ebimpawa oooo
Ebi mapa idile yin ku boshe pa awon baba nla yin ku
Re: Abia Airport Fund: Nobody Can Question My Decision To Reverse Project — Ikpeazu by DeJoeee(m): 9:25am On May 16
Nigerians deserve what they got.
Re: Abia Airport Fund: Nobody Can Question My Decision To Reverse Project — Ikpeazu by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 9:29am On May 16
Akuko n'egwu...
Re: Abia Airport Fund: Nobody Can Question My Decision To Reverse Project — Ikpeazu by back2sender: 9:29am On May 16
Why vote a fund for such a project in the first place for an airport that you know will not be done? When reversing the project and diverting what process did it go thru? any document trail to this ?

Very shameful the way our leaders dey manage us wasting/chopping our resources
Re: Abia Airport Fund: Nobody Can Question My Decision To Reverse Project — Ikpeazu by Kwaramustgoodag: 9:32am On May 16
See boldness. So where is d money
Re: Abia Airport Fund: Nobody Can Question My Decision To Reverse Project — Ikpeazu by hardbody: 9:32am On May 16
Metrix147:

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/news/n10bn-abia-airport-fund-nobody-can-question-my-decision-to-reverse-project-ikpeazu-video/

Can this man already pack his bag and his mat and go to EFCC and explain these things to them? Emefiele's treatment should be child's play where his own should start. He killed many pensioners.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Airport Fund: Nobody Can Question My Decision To Reverse Project — Ikpeazu by glacswhite: 9:33am On May 16
Saao:
even though I don't like the man but he mentioned roads constructed wirh the funds. Those from that area should confirm if it is true those roads were done that time. But again I never knew the guy constructed any road at all during his tenure

Leave hatred alone.. In terms of road he was 2nd best to Umahi.. He did more than 50 roads many with Cement.. If u are hated if you like build seaport n airport the people will say is not from you

1 Like

Re: Abia Airport Fund: Nobody Can Question My Decision To Reverse Project — Ikpeazu by Kwaramustgoodag: 9:34am On May 16
oz4real83:
When a budget is passed by the legislature and signed by a governor, it becomes a law, breaking the law is a crime. A governor has no right to transfer money allocated to a project in a passed budget, to another project, it is a crime embarassed. This governor is an illiterate that doesn't know what he is saying. He would have gone to jail for this statement in countries where things work embarassed
and my brother, who will query him as he said. That's Nigeria
Re: Abia Airport Fund: Nobody Can Question My Decision To Reverse Project — Ikpeazu by ibechris(m): 9:34am On May 16
AbuTwins:
It is not just to hear one side of the story without hearing the other!

Now let Otti come again!

Great Abians at home, he do those roads abi he no do am?

This governor former governor is mad oh.

How can u divert one project money for another.

That is even a crime.

How do they arrived at the cost of those roads that made them to divert a whole 10billion to ordinary roads that aren't visibly in good shape now?

Diverting that money alone is a crime before the law.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abia Airport Fund: Nobody Can Question My Decision To Reverse Project — Ikpeazu by Lizzysamuel(f): 9:34am On May 16
cathodekazim:
It baffles me how this same set of people are always the first to cry out of corruption and bad governance in APC when their own regions have been infested with rotten corrupt pdp governors since 1999.

I can vouch with my two balls. If you elect them into the federal position ( presido) the level of corruption will be nominated by the Guinness book of record

Shurrrup.

Are they not the same people calling for the prosecution of Ikpeazu or show the said airport

What's even wrong with you Yoruba kids?

1 Like

Re: Abia Airport Fund: Nobody Can Question My Decision To Reverse Project — Ikpeazu by PHIPEX(m): 9:34am On May 16
So the contractor pays for govt?

What sort of corruption induced obfuscation is this? If you changed your mind, why not ask the receiver of the fund to refund it to govt account, why will the contractor become "a bank" and start dishing funds to other contractors?

Isn't it a breach of financial data privacy for a contractor to start acting as a banker to the govt and paying 33 other people he doesnt know?

Corruption and criminality.
Re: Abia Airport Fund: Nobody Can Question My Decision To Reverse Project — Ikpeazu by HugoBoss10(m): 9:35am On May 16
Saao:
even though I don't like the man but he mentioned roads constructed wirh the funds. Those from that area should confirm if it is true those roads were done that time. But again I never knew the guy constructed any road at all during his tenure

And you believed him that there was no different money budgeted for those roads he mentioned
Re: Abia Airport Fund: Nobody Can Question My Decision To Reverse Project — Ikpeazu by Ammiddey: 9:37am On May 16
An experience driver is needed at around Ekoro junction, Abule Egba

Requirements
Must know how to drive a manual vehicle
Valid drivers licence
SSCE
Birth cert/ Affidavit
Lasri
Re: Abia Airport Fund: Nobody Can Question My Decision To Reverse Project — Ikpeazu by Saao(m): 9:38am On May 16
glacswhite:

Leave hatred alone.. In terms of road he was 2nd best to Umahi.. He did more than 50 roads many with Cement.. If u are hated if you like build seaport n airport the people will say is not from you
you're right. The way people usually insulted his government that time I never knew he did anything at all. It's bad to criticize government that constructed about 50 roads even if it were 10. There are states that did nothing including kogi and Benue.

1 Like

Re: Abia Airport Fund: Nobody Can Question My Decision To Reverse Project — Ikpeazu by 66spirit(m): 9:38am On May 16
If truly that Okezie Ikpeazu used the 10 billion to finance other projects, there's nothing wrong with it. His administration argued that they were surrounded by Imo and ABIA airports, so they dropped the idea of building an airport and channelled the money into other projects.

WHICH STATE IS THIS ?
WHICH AIRPORT AGAIN WAS HE SURROUNDED WITH?
HOW MANY AIRPORT WAS HE BUILDING?
ABIA AIRPORT OR ANOTHER STATE AIRPORT?
Re: Abia Airport Fund: Nobody Can Question My Decision To Reverse Project — Ikpeazu by hardbody: 9:38am On May 16
SoNature:
If truly that Okezie Ikpeazu used the 10 billion to finance other projects, there's nothing wrong with it. His administration argued that they were surrounded by Imo and Abia airport[/b]s, so they dropped the idea of building an airport and channelled the money into other projects.

[b]Please where is the bolded?

Meanwhile when airport taxis carry you from Owerri airport to Umuahia (in Abia state), their defense to exorbitant price charge is that it is interstate. So why shouldn't Abia state have its own airport? must we always go through Owerri or Uyo to get to our own state? No make me vex oo
Re: Abia Airport Fund: Nobody Can Question My Decision To Reverse Project — Ikpeazu by conscienceman4(m): 9:39am On May 16
Why didn't you reverse the money?
And if you did, where did you reverse it to?
Re: Abia Airport Fund: Nobody Can Question My Decision To Reverse Project — Ikpeazu by Ttipsy(f): 9:40am On May 16
So bad !!
Re: Abia Airport Fund: Nobody Can Question My Decision To Reverse Project — Ikpeazu by yungpowers(m): 9:40am On May 16
Mrincredy:
Which road did he do? Is it not Otti that started building roads in ABA? Road to Eziukwu market was in shambles. The one leading to ariaria was not just bad but people were dumping their waste by the road sides. This guy should be prosecuted
Why are you like this?
Those roads he mentioned there were built by him and not Otti.
Re: Abia Airport Fund: Nobody Can Question My Decision To Reverse Project — Ikpeazu by soullove1881(m): 9:41am On May 16
oz4real83:
When a budget is passed by the legislature and signed by a governor, it becomes a law, breaking the law is a crime. A governor has no right to transfer money allocated to a project in a passed budget, to another project, it is a crime embarassed. This governor is an illiterate that doesn't know what he is saying. He would have gone to jail for this statement in countries where things work embarassed

But the current Gov said he's not interested in Jailing anyone and if EFCC go after him, same Igbos will call it witch hunting. So let them solve their family problem. Nigeria is a country full of emotional and sentimental people.
Re: Abia Airport Fund: Nobody Can Question My Decision To Reverse Project — Ikpeazu by cathodekazim: 9:41am On May 16
Lizzysamuel:

Shurrrup.

Are they not the same people calling for the prosecution of Ikpeazu or show the said airport

What's even wrong with you Yoruba kids?

Sharrap indomie girl. I'm old enough to be your father

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abia Airport Fund: Nobody Can Question My Decision To Reverse Project — Ikpeazu by Codes151(m): 9:41am On May 16
intelligent decision. ABia is small.. whats the airport for? id rather do trains and we all manage enugu airport ..

trians that can pass tru
Re: Abia Airport Fund: Nobody Can Question My Decision To Reverse Project — Ikpeazu by soullove1881(m): 9:41am On May 16
oz4real83:

But the current Gov said he's not interested in Jailing anyone and if EFCC go after him, same Igbo.s will call it witch hunting. So let them solve their family problem. Nigeria is a country full of emotional and sentimental people.

1 Like

Re: Abia Airport Fund: Nobody Can Question My Decision To Reverse Project — Ikpeazu by Clonus: 9:47am On May 16
SoNature:
If truly that Okezie Ikpeazu used the 10 billion to finance other projects, there's nothing wrong with it. His administration argued that they were surrounded by Imo and Abia airports, so they dropped the idea of building an airport and channelled the money into other projects.
This is laughable to say the least.
So they didn’t know about the sorrounding airports before proposing the airport?
He didn’t know the roads were bad in Aba and that there was no way of getting to the proposed airport before conceiving the airport project?
He should tell this to the kindergartens!!!

2 Likes

Re: Abia Airport Fund: Nobody Can Question My Decision To Reverse Project — Ikpeazu by KINGS100(m): 9:47am On May 16
This governor is a thief, you know he is lying with the way he talk. check how those projects were approved and financed and see that the 10 billion vanished.
Re: Abia Airport Fund: Nobody Can Question My Decision To Reverse Project — Ikpeazu by CJStarz: 9:48am On May 16
AbuTwins:
It is not just to hear one side of the story without hearing the other!

Now let Otti come again!

Great Abians at home, he do those roads abi he no do am?

He do those roads my brother.
Those roads were previously impassable but now it's a smooth ride on them.
This is an unbiased report.

1 Like

Re: Abia Airport Fund: Nobody Can Question My Decision To Reverse Project — Ikpeazu by AbuTwins: 9:50am On May 16
CJStarz:

He do those roads my brother.
Those roads were previously impassable but now it's a smooth ride on them.
This is an unbiased report.

Thanks bro!

I don't know why people have been biased towards the man! Just because they support Otti shouldn't make others devils!

1 Like

Re: Abia Airport Fund: Nobody Can Question My Decision To Reverse Project — Ikpeazu by nony43(m): 9:51am On May 16
cathodekazim:
It baffles me how this same set of people are always the first to cry out of corruption and bad governance in APC when their own regions have been infested with rotten corrupt pdp governors since 1999.

I can vouch with my two balls. If you elect them into the federal position ( presido) the level of corruption will be nominated by the Guinness book of record

Until then, they will still be better than Obj, Osibanjo and Bateria put together.
Re: Abia Airport Fund: Nobody Can Question My Decision To Reverse Project — Ikpeazu by kitombo: 9:53am On May 16
The KPMG Report on Abia state under Ikpeazu contains the following findings ¹:
- N12.8 billion was paid to ghost contractors and other financial misconduct under the previous administration.
- N10,000,000,000 was paid to Ferotex on September 25, 2020, for the construction of Abia State airport.
- N2,000,000,000 was paid on June 6, 2022, and September 1, 2022, to Logistics De-Luke, for the delivery of 22 different brand-new vehicles.
- N9,279,800,000 was paid to seven contractors with no records that the contracts were executed.
- Ikpeazu government paid N131,877,519,592.0622 to 231 contractors, through three means, namely Contractor Finance Facilities, government bank accounts, and procuring MDAs – Ministry of Works and ASOPADEC.
- N15,936,522,309.43 was paid to 6,324 contractors, with no supporting documents maintained by the Cash Office, Office of the AG (Accountant General).
Re: Abia Airport Fund: Nobody Can Question My Decision To Reverse Project — Ikpeazu by RPG2020(m): 9:54am On May 16
Okey zuzu there is God ooh 😮

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

State Banquet In Honour Of President Biya At The Villa (Pics) / Amina Mohammed And Bukar Ibrahim Visit Nguru Wetlands (Photos) / Attacks On Nigerians In S/Africa Absolutely Unacceptable, Unreasonable–osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.