Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,532 members, 7,847,216 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 12:55 PM

See What Would Happen If There Were No Gravity On Earth (Photos) - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / See What Would Happen If There Were No Gravity On Earth (Photos) (38440 Views)

What Would Happen If There Were No Moon? (Photos) / Lightning Strike Creates New Material Seen On Earth ‘For The First Time’ (Pics) / Africa’s Sahara ‘Most Dangerous Place On Earth’ 100 Million Years Ago (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What Would Happen If There Were No Gravity On Earth (Photos) by hopefulLandlord: 7:45am On May 17
GlorifiedTunde:
God is a perfectionist!

Everything had it's purpose!
Including your appendix?
Re: See What Would Happen If There Were No Gravity On Earth (Photos) by correctguy101(m): 7:45am On May 17
lexrichy:
People don't really understand the earth was perfectly designed to accommodate life just one small error and all life wil be gone

Sure..

And I think the same environment exists somewhere in this boundlessly vast existence...

Na we no jhus know...

My own thought experiments wouldn't just accept that only earth can sustain life... wink
Re: See What Would Happen If There Were No Gravity On Earth (Photos) by hopefulLandlord: 7:46am On May 17
nairalee:
Seeing all these makes me fear and respect God the perfect creator.

Without gravity, Earth wouldn’t orbit the sun!
This time it’s the Sun’s gravity that keeps us orbiting it.
We’re very lucky as it keeps Earth at the perfect temperature so it’s not too hot or cold
This would've made sense if modern physics showed that it was "impossible" for the universe to exist given the values of the fundamental physical constants it has discovered.
In that situation some variation of god’s Sustaining hand™ would become more plausible.
This is largely Sean Carroll's argument. He says that the constants could be anything and god could still create life. He's magic, after all. That we do indeed have life-supporting constants says that we don't need god to sustain life.
Re: See What Would Happen If There Were No Gravity On Earth (Photos) by hopefulLandlord: 7:47am On May 17
JudasNaKarrot:
I don't like engaging with Atheists.

Because some of us wallop you?
Re: See What Would Happen If There Were No Gravity On Earth (Photos) by Medici777: 7:49am On May 17
Life will always adjust to new situations. Remember we used to have dinosaurs.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: See What Would Happen If There Were No Gravity On Earth (Photos) by Silentgroper(m): 7:50am On May 17
Kingpele:
Insightful....this is the reason I fear God ..without God whose power is constant and who never get tired or know what it feels to be a failure is not in charge of his creation...we would have been in trouble...God gave us beautiful world and knowledge of thier names..our body and it different parts..freedom of choice with conscience to help us live right and in peace with other humans...but we say no..and live in selfishness and wickedness...if not how can Whiteman have constant access to basic good life like constant water,electricity, good road , hospital etc but here in Africa opposite is what we get ..because we have a mindset of self and self..money for public good is been looted by official entrusted to manage it... if the gravitational force can double on wicked people Africa streets will be deserted
. So are we going to blame the white men for Africa not having these basic amenities ...

When they were busy working to make these things a reality, what were we doing?? ..

Funny enough, if they had continually colonized us, maybe these amenities won't be so vague in Africa right now ..

South Africa is a case study.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Would Happen If There Were No Gravity On Earth (Photos) by aylive02(m): 7:52am On May 17
SAMBARRY:
This àre the things naija youths are supposed to be feeding their minds with and be engaging in research that will make Nigeria a better place unfortunately their brains have been bastardized with alcohol,drugs,sick music and promiscuity
. You didn't add gambling
Re: See What Would Happen If There Were No Gravity On Earth (Photos) by Silentgroper(m): 7:53am On May 17
Deltavariant:
These are the kind of posts that make the brain more smarter and not drugs,sex, wasting energy on deranged lunatics called Nigerian politicians....

*More smarter*

It seems "The kind of post" doesn't have that effect on you...
Re: See What Would Happen If There Were No Gravity On Earth (Photos) by Jokerman(m): 7:55am On May 17
hopefulLandlord:

Tectonic shifts are part of this "perfection"?

There's a reason for everything God has made
Re: See What Would Happen If There Were No Gravity On Earth (Photos) by njelrapheal: 7:59am On May 17
There is no such thing as gravity.
Re: See What Would Happen If There Were No Gravity On Earth (Photos) by izubext007: 8:01am On May 17
He would have been better, I will just japa without visa or plane
Re: See What Would Happen If There Were No Gravity On Earth (Photos) by marsup: 8:03am On May 17
Nice write up.
You should consider teaching, if you aren't doing that already. Nice of you to break it down, even the least educated will understand.
Keep it up.
Re: See What Would Happen If There Were No Gravity On Earth (Photos) by hopefulLandlord: 8:04am On May 17
Jokerman:

There's a reason for everything God has made
Of course there must be but there migh be ni good reason tectonic shifts and appendix for instance
Re: See What Would Happen If There Were No Gravity On Earth (Photos) by theophorus(m): 8:08am On May 17
saddler:

Surely God dey but the biggest question is which of the Gods?
For most religions have differing dogmas. Even the popular ones like Christianity and islam have great errors in them when you scrutinize their texts with modern knowledge.

Okay, we have agreed there God.

I am a Christian, so please point to some of the errors in the Bible. Probably I can gain more understanding of your point.
Re: See What Would Happen If There Were No Gravity On Earth (Photos) by highchief1: 8:22am On May 17
Odewaleadesoye:

SOURCE[/font]
it would have been better even tinubu would have been floating atleast
Re: See What Would Happen If There Were No Gravity On Earth (Photos) by Abdulmumin412(m): 8:24am On May 17
YoungLionken:
Nice educative post to start the day..

But I think we need to experience this gravitational pull problem (or even an earthquake) specifically in Aso rock and its axis (The senate, CBN and house of representatives, etc). Because, those guys are really doing a lot of damage to the image and masses of the country...
May be the earthquake will happen during your time in Aso rock, Senate, CBN and house of representative. Do you think you can never get to any of those places?
Re: See What Would Happen If There Were No Gravity On Earth (Photos) by wolement: 8:26am On May 17
There won't be life on earth.
Re: See What Would Happen If There Were No Gravity On Earth (Photos) by Abel1987: 8:29am On May 17
e for dey better,person no go dey enter traffic go work everyday.........every body for be superman grin grin grin grin
Re: See What Would Happen If There Were No Gravity On Earth (Photos) by Hezmatosky: 8:36am On May 17
Nigeria government has made us lost interest on simple primary science. All we now talk about is chop, feeding, food, what to eat, where to get what to eat, and how to survive. E no go everly beta for our leaders angry
Re: See What Would Happen If There Were No Gravity On Earth (Photos) by saddler: 8:40am On May 17
theophorus:

Okay, we have agreed there God.

I am a Christian, so please point to some of the errors in the Bible. Probably I can gain more understanding of your point.

Start with Matthew 16:28 " Verily I say unto you, there are some standing here who shall not taste of death till they see the Son of Man coming in His Kingdom"

We can logically conclude that all those who were with Jesus when he made this statement are dead.
But Jesus is not back yet.

1 Like

Re: See What Would Happen If There Were No Gravity On Earth (Photos) by Darealrick(m): 8:51am On May 17
nairalee:
Seeing all these makes me fear and respect God the perfect creator.

Without gravity, Earth wouldn’t orbit the sun!
This time it’s the Sun’s gravity that keeps us orbiting it.
We’re very lucky as it keeps Earth at the perfect temperature so it’s not too hot or cold
God didn't create gravity

1 Like

Re: See What Would Happen If There Were No Gravity On Earth (Photos) by gentleguy1975: 8:53am On May 17
Babaken:
This kind of post make me miss explorer odogwu nwoke omusirike.
please, where is explorer?
Re: See What Would Happen If There Were No Gravity On Earth (Photos) by Samtob90(m): 9:05am On May 17
Odewaleadesoye:

SOURCE[/font]
No gravity kankan, na the land is what is stopping us
Re: See What Would Happen If There Were No Gravity On Earth (Photos) by justmondris: 9:05am On May 17
God is great.
Re: See What Would Happen If There Were No Gravity On Earth (Photos) by MeaslesMumpsRub: 9:05am On May 17
G for God.

g for Gravity
Re: See What Would Happen If There Were No Gravity On Earth (Photos) by CJStarz: 9:15am On May 17
Babaken:
Pls is he no longer on Nairaland?
Re: See What Would Happen If There Were No Gravity On Earth (Photos) by CHAQUR: 9:17am On May 17
Chai...! Breeze for don blow person enter Europe now without paperwork.
Re: See What Would Happen If There Were No Gravity On Earth (Photos) by 77up(m): 9:19am On May 17
SAMBARRY:
This àre the things naija youths are supposed to be feeding their minds with and be engaging in research that will make Nigeria a better place unfortunately their brains have been bastardized with alcohol,drugs,sick music and promiscuity
How you actually made this a Nigeria issue alone and not about every living soul is funny.

Well this is nairaland, everything goes, nothing you can't read 😂
Re: See What Would Happen If There Were No Gravity On Earth (Photos) by Kadejo(m): 9:21am On May 17
Very educative, I love this
Re: See What Would Happen If There Were No Gravity On Earth (Photos) by peleson1: 9:24am On May 17
Babaken:
Pls where is explorer?
Re: See What Would Happen If There Were No Gravity On Earth (Photos) by studycenter: 9:25am On May 17
Babaken:
I asked somebody about him the other time. Why is the person not active on NL anymore?
Re: See What Would Happen If There Were No Gravity On Earth (Photos) by Ukpadan(m): 9:26am On May 17
Then the gravitational pull of the earth did it came by chance or was it designed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Student Builds Solar-powered Car / 'Earth's Evil Twin': NASA Heading To Venus For First Time In 30 Years (Photos) / Elon Musk's Plans To Take Futuristic Noah's Ark To Mars ( Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.