Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,818 members, 7,851,742 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:02 AM

Court Upholds CBN’s Regulation On Collection Of Customers’ Social Media Handles - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Court Upholds CBN’s Regulation On Collection Of Customers’ Social Media Handles (13164 Views)

CBN, FG Agency Set To Review New Regulation On Bank Customers / New CBN Regulation On Forex Transfer / CBN Unveils Regulation On Bills Payments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Upholds CBN’s Regulation On Collection Of Customers’ Social Media Handles by phredy: 6:36pm On May 16
I Go give dem come back change the names,or better still open multiple social media account then give them the one that is not relevant to me grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Court Upholds CBN’s Regulation On Collection Of Customers’ Social Media Handles by ikpumbe(m): 6:36pm On May 16
I will open a new handle.
Na that one I go give them
Re: Court Upholds CBN’s Regulation On Collection Of Customers’ Social Media Handles by Omoawoke: 6:37pm On May 16
Talkisneeded:
Is this not dictatorship and a sign of impending slavery...
Oga oooo

I sell herbs sha

When you go to the US embassy and they ask you to fill your social media accounts, why can’t you tell them it’s slavery and against your human rights?

2 Likes

Re: Court Upholds CBN’s Regulation On Collection Of Customers’ Social Media Handles by onuman: 6:38pm On May 16
Re: Court Upholds CBN’s Regulation On Collection Of Customers’ Social Media Handles by Gajagojo: 6:38pm On May 16
Case was poorly litigated by applicant

Social media handle is not the same as email
No one can kno the content of your emails just by knowing your email address
Social media handles expose your views and stance on a range of issues e.g politics,religion sexuality etc which may be controversial.

Also the judges view equating email with social media handles indicates that he is out of touch with technology

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Upholds CBN’s Regulation On Collection Of Customers’ Social Media Handles by Gajagojo: 6:42pm On May 16
Omoawoke:

When you go to the US embassy and they ask you to fill your social media accounts, why can’t you tell them it’s slavery and against your human rights?

Does everyone go to the US embassy?

Not everyone wishes to visit the US
It is a choice

The US does not require that information from EU or UK citizens so there is asymmetry there
If you are desperate to go there you make a choice

The way you reason is funny though

So the US doing it makes it right?
They don't do it to everyone

1 Like

Re: Court Upholds CBN’s Regulation On Collection Of Customers’ Social Media Handles by faceland: 6:42pm On May 16
enien:
Hope this is not effort to silence People in 21st century. So their can't speak of evil happening in the country

Get a Top Professional Company Logo Or Letterhead for your Business

PAY AFTER SERVICE

Drop us Your Company name for your Logo
https://forms.gle/kQphkshcpqMuwR1o7

As if people don't have free VPN and even digital phone number.

They have forgotten Buhari's Twitter ban... Since 2015, some of the most polarizing social media profiles are not in Nigeria (why they don't care, they can set the country on fire because they are safe in Europe or USA).
Re: Court Upholds CBN’s Regulation On Collection Of Customers’ Social Media Handles by dc23(m): 6:43pm On May 16
Simple.

Either I don't do social media or

I give them Myspace account handle.
Re: Court Upholds CBN’s Regulation On Collection Of Customers’ Social Media Handles by Harmless1b(m): 6:43pm On May 16
Hmmm, I smell TARGETING, because many village men n women don't have sm
Re: Court Upholds CBN’s Regulation On Collection Of Customers’ Social Media Handles by Talkisneeded: 6:45pm On May 16
Omoawoke:

Let me honour you with a reply..
Take a critical look at the topic again before replying... In what country do you need to mandatory add your social media account to your bank details.. Do you know what it even implies..
Scam boys and fraudsters now has another source of taking your money... In a country where cyber security is very porous,you think this is the right thing to do

3 Likes

Re: Court Upholds CBN’s Regulation On Collection Of Customers’ Social Media Handles by Omoawoke: 6:46pm On May 16
Gajagojo:

Does everyone go to the US embassy?

Not everyone wishes to visit the US
It is a choice

The US does not require that information from EU or UK citizens so there is asymmetry there
If you are desperate to go there you make a choice

The way you reason is funny though

So the US doing it makes it right?
They don't do it to everyone

Something about leadership is that people will always complain no matter what is done.
It’s a natural thing for people to complain. I’ve always said it for long that if I were in position of power, I’d ensure everyone submit their social media for kyc purposes.
This is Nigeria where so much illicit funds cannot be checked. People living illegitimately and celebrating their overnight success on social media. It is necessary and has nothing to do with slavery.
If you can give the bank your home address, next of kin, salary account, date of birth, phone number, mother’s maiden name etc
The banks even have the right to visit your address and confirm it is real. So why can’t you give them your social media. Must you complain about everything!

No be hushpuppi dey flex illegitimate funds on instagram, didn’t they use that to catch him
Re: Court Upholds CBN’s Regulation On Collection Of Customers’ Social Media Handles by Sleekfingers: 6:47pm On May 16
Re: Court Upholds CBN’s Regulation On Collection Of Customers’ Social Media Handles by Omoawoke: 6:48pm On May 16
Talkisneeded:

Let me honour you with a reply..
Take a critical look at the topic again before replying... In what country do you need to mandatory add your social media account to your bank details.. Do you know what it even implies..
Scam boys and fraudsters now has another source of taking your money... In a country where cyber security is very porous,you think this is the right thing to do

Death to your honorably reply and check my reply to the other guy

You people must complain about everything!
What is slavery in submitting your social media account to the bank? The bank collects every information about you for kyc and if social media is needed, so be it.

Na una go complain for everything yet lament that criminals spend lavishly on social media.
A country filled with yahoo boys and kidnappers, they are making attempts to track them you are still complaining. Submitting your social media won’t hurt or else you are a criminal

1 Like

Re: Court Upholds CBN’s Regulation On Collection Of Customers’ Social Media Handles by Sapasenator: 6:49pm On May 16
Thank God I am not on any social media. Not even NL. Thank God for that.

Or I open a dummy account and give the handle to the the dummy bank.

off of the top of my head, I can think of 1000 more ways to easily circumvent this dastardly invasion of privacy.

Tinubu and APshit nor well!

5 Likes

Re: Court Upholds CBN’s Regulation On Collection Of Customers’ Social Media Handles by Ediffizy: 6:50pm On May 16
WTF...ABEG SHIFT

2 Likes

Re: Court Upholds CBN’s Regulation On Collection Of Customers’ Social Media Handles by faceland: 6:52pm On May 16
Omoawoke:

Something about leadership is that people will always complain no matter what is done.
It’s a natural thing for people to complain. I’ve always said it for long that if I were in position of power, I’d ensure everyone submit their social media for kyc purposes.
This is Nigeria where so much illicit funds cannot be checked. People living illegitimately and celebrating their overnight success on social media. It is necessary and has nothing to do with slavery.
If you can give the bank your home address, next of kin, salary account, date of birth, phone number, mother’s maiden name etc
The banks even have the right to visit your address and confirm it is real. So why can’t you give them your social media. Must you complain about everything!

No be hushpuppi dey flex illegitimate funds on instagram, didn’t they use that to catch him

I agree with you. The banks should also confirmed customers blood type, their DNA, and their sex (by asking them to strip and examining/verfying that customers genìtalia matches), also collection samples of customers blood and hair.

We need maximum security prison bank account.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Upholds CBN’s Regulation On Collection Of Customers’ Social Media Handles by Rebuke: 6:55pm On May 16
What if I don't have one? What if I have more than one accounts and give the less important one? grin grin grin

Wait, make I go open one Twitter account with user name as Tinubu cheesy cheesy

Headache dey worry all of Una sha.

2 Likes

Re: Court Upholds CBN’s Regulation On Collection Of Customers’ Social Media Handles by Ediffizy: 6:56pm On May 16
Okay...so then what happens if I leave SM for them...you can't force me
Re: Court Upholds CBN’s Regulation On Collection Of Customers’ Social Media Handles by Gajagojo: 6:57pm On May 16
Omoawoke:

I am sorry sir this is a rant

Leadership does not mean dictatorship

It is important to consult and listen to people

The fundamental problem government has with your proposal is that the rate of technology advance is always faster than legislation and bureaucracy

No government has the capacity to securely manage data and protect it from hacking and misuse. In this day when people's finance and bank activities are online the potential for misuse by criminals, government officials gone rogue and foreign powers is just too high

It is always tempting to use stronghead to push through ideas that make sense to you whilst underestimating the capacity of human capacity for evil and not fully understanding what this new artificial intelligence will bring in terms of criminal innovation

Information is power and power in human hands is ALWAYS corruptible
Government officials possessing information will not necessarily use it for the state
They may use it for gain,self,tribe,religion politics etc especially in a country like Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Court Upholds CBN’s Regulation On Collection Of Customers’ Social Media Handles by Omoawoke: 6:59pm On May 16
faceland:

I agree with you. The banks should also confirmed customers blood type, their DNA, and their sex (by asking them to strip and examining/verfying that customers genìtalia matches), also collection samples of customers blood and hair.

We need maximum security prison bank account.

You can give them your sperm sef if you desire

1 Like

Re: Court Upholds CBN’s Regulation On Collection Of Customers’ Social Media Handles by Easyluv2live(m): 6:59pm On May 16
fnep2smooth:
i no just understand this people
Ideas don finish cool

Then what is the use or need of NIN in the first place...
Re: Court Upholds CBN’s Regulation On Collection Of Customers’ Social Media Handles by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 7:00pm On May 16
Nahunger:
grin

This country and Punjabi people I no know who mumu pass, watin concern bank with my private life or social media space??

Shey dem get gun??

All this one no enable them know your customer
1. Bvn
2. Nin
3. Nepa bill
4. Passport
5. Phone number
6. Email
7. Finger prints

Na social media Dem need, this country is truly headed by clowns 🤡 born in the 70s and 80s they need to leave our political space, their brains is outdated and fixed on full reverse gear.

See how EFCC BOSS is amazed that a 15 year old boy brought out his BVN lol, that made me begin to question his IQ level..

Very dumb people.
what do you mean 70s and 80s respect ya self
Re: Court Upholds CBN’s Regulation On Collection Of Customers’ Social Media Handles by Kokomaster69: 7:06pm On May 16
Nor be jazz these people take hold Nigerians so?
Judiciary is brazenly killing Nigeria with APC led government, John 19 vs 30.

This will never happen in sane countries.
Re: Court Upholds CBN’s Regulation On Collection Of Customers’ Social Media Handles by Nahunger(m): 7:09pm On May 16
NimrodEndOfDays:
what do you mean 70s and 80s respect ya self

Are you proud of the foolery your colleagues are displaying day in and day out...

Sorry for generalizing.
But I'm not impressed by this clowns 🤡
Re: Court Upholds CBN’s Regulation On Collection Of Customers’ Social Media Handles by SoNature(m): 7:17pm On May 16
Gbadugbakun:
If you post against the government they'll block your account and come to your house or place of work to arrest you. Welcome back to the military era.

That's not true. This is a democracy. If someone spills some nonsense they cannot substantiate, they must prove the authenticity of the information.
Re: Court Upholds CBN’s Regulation On Collection Of Customers’ Social Media Handles by ViceGovernor: 7:17pm On May 16
Ori yin ti gbale
Come and collect my social media handle let me see.
Nonsense and CBN
Re: Court Upholds CBN’s Regulation On Collection Of Customers’ Social Media Handles by providencia(m): 7:20pm On May 16
ikpumbe:
I will open a new handle.
Na that one I go give them

You shall see
"N500 have been debited from your account for not posting on social media for the past 21 days"

2 Likes

Re: Court Upholds CBN’s Regulation On Collection Of Customers’ Social Media Handles by providencia(m): 7:21pm On May 16
SoNature:

That's not true. This is a democracy. If someone spills some nonsense they cannot substantiate, they must prove the authenticity of the information.

What has that got to do with your bank account?

2 Likes

Re: Court Upholds CBN’s Regulation On Collection Of Customers’ Social Media Handles by Basic123: 7:22pm On May 16
Ezeama400:
Irrelevant

Re: Court Upholds CBN’s Regulation On Collection Of Customers’ Social Media Handles by damkin24(m): 7:25pm On May 16
enien:
Hope this is not effort to silence People in 21st century. So their can't speak of evil happening in the country

Get a Top Professional Company Logo Or Letterhead for your Business

PAY AFTER SERVICE

Drop us Your Company name for your Logo
https://forms.gle/kQphkshcpqMuwR1o7
All you always see is evil as you never see anything good about the country for once.
Re: Court Upholds CBN’s Regulation On Collection Of Customers’ Social Media Handles by Planet247: 7:27pm On May 16
Omoawoke:

We are heading to the North Korea way. Very soon Government will be the one to decide how we live and cohabit... Even be the one to choose our hairstyles
Re: Court Upholds CBN’s Regulation On Collection Of Customers’ Social Media Handles by damkin24(m): 7:27pm On May 16
Gbadugbakun:
If you post against the government they'll block your account and come to your house or place of work to arrest you. Welcome back to the military era.
Damaged b*ain

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Trader Faints Over Planned Demolition Of Lagos Market / Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 / How Can A Nigerian Business Startup Raise An Initial Capital?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.