Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,439 members, 7,853,901 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 07:49 AM

Emir Of Ilorin Allegedly Sends Muslim Group To Sack Mosque Hosting Christians - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Emir Of Ilorin Allegedly Sends Muslim Group To Sack Mosque Hosting Christians (33679 Views)

Osun Priestess, Yeye Ajesikemi Olokun Omolara Threatened By Muslim Group / Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary / NKST Church Pastor Allegedly Sends Catholic Guests Out During Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emir Of Ilorin Allegedly Sends Muslim Group To Sack Mosque Hosting Christians by DatNiggaDaz: 9:44am On May 17
Christlike01:

Mr Igbo,you're nothing but a typical loudmouthed braggarts like the rest of you guys from that tiny land of primitive forest-dwelling ancestors! Mumu,are there no receipts of the gruesome killings of your people - men,women,children,etc by the Fulanis in your tiny enclave? Haven't we read even here,on numerous occasions,how these Fulanis have been raping your wives, mothers,and grandmothers to death inside their homes and on the farms right inside the jungle of Alaigbo? So what gibberish are you spewing from your dirty trap about Yoruba land? Yoruba are facing their problems squarly;you face yours and quit your senseless obsession with Lagos and the entirety of Yoruba land. Stay in your village,Chinedu;you ain't welcome here. You guys are highly irritating and that's why you're hated everywhere you go - from Lagos to Johannesburg,Accra to New Delhi,Kano to Ibadan,etc!

A typical Igbo man wants to tell a Kanuri man in Borno why he should throw away his history, heritage, and Islamic civilization and embrace the kind of Nigeria that Azikwe preached that led to the bloody civil war of 1967.He wants to tell Yoruba men how to rule Lagos State; he wants to claim the same rights as the Ijaws of Bayelsa. Most Igbos want a Nigeria where they will be fighting with the Hausa man in Kano over who will become the governor of Kano! He will go to South Africa and be telling the natives therein that they are lazy as he stupidly considers himself as the only hardworking man on the earth;a hardworking criminal from hell!

The Igbo complain about everyone and have turned themselves into an opposition in all non-Igbo States in Nigeria.

While they practice hardcore Igbo nationalism in their tiny five eastern states,they become the financiers and organizers of detribalization, neoliberalism, and pan-Africanism in Yorubaland, the Niger Delta region, and the core north!

Your perpetual wailing, cry of victimization and entitlement mentality can not go on without people calling you out and put you in your place;a bunch of empty braggarts!

Don't even think you've got an opportunity to drag me inside the mud with you;I'm not a pig like you! This is my last post to you on the subject matter. You can now crawl back into whatever primitive hole you came out of and remain as dumb as you're already there,f000000000l!
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Ilorin Allegedly Sends Muslim Group To Sack Mosque Hosting Christians by sammiewrite(m): 9:51am On May 17
Don't know about this particular incident, but apart from picking side with his Fulani brothers anytime they have issues with other ethnicities, this is another stock in trade of the emir. Not sure the criteria for being a traditional leader, but the man is not qualified to be one as he is too baise and doesn't even hide it. More so, he arrogate to himself the powers he doesn't have constitutionally as seen in this case.
Re: Emir Of Ilorin Allegedly Sends Muslim Group To Sack Mosque Hosting Christians by Blitzerz: 10:03am On May 17
JoeEeL:

Our forefathers were free people before d contact of d europeans. How dare u define freedom for the black race in conjunction with a mere religion that came here just 200 yrs ago?

Do u know how inane that is??
You lie
People like u would have been sacrificed long ago.
You and your entire family and the rest will be sent into evil forest. No CAP
Re: Emir Of Ilorin Allegedly Sends Muslim Group To Sack Mosque Hosting Christians by AfonjaConehead: 10:15am On May 17
Re: Emir Of Ilorin Allegedly Sends Muslim Group To Sack Mosque Hosting Christians by DatNiggaDaz: 10:43am On May 17
Chucks13:

Pack your f u c king Ghana must go luggage and f u c k the hell out their land.

Shameless bitch, stinkingly lousy mofo.
grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emir Of Ilorin Allegedly Sends Muslim Group To Sack Mosque Hosting Christians by Elsueno: 10:48am On May 17
sammiewrite:
Don't know about this particular incident, but apart from picking side with his Fulani brothers anytime they have issues with other ethnicities, this is another stock in trade of the emir. Not sure the criteria for being a traditional leader, but the man is not qualified to be one as he is too baise and doesn't even hide it. More so, he arrogate to himself the powers he doesn't have constitutionally as seen in this case.

Perhaps, but I would agree with the emire here. You cannot be mixing Islam, Christianity & a mix of traditional religions at the same time. This is a recipe for disaster especially in a volatile country like Nigeria. Cause each of these religions have thier own extremists that have potential to create some serious chaos.

Besides, they where allowed to use the same building for the religious practices BUT AT DIFFERENT TIMES, not mix the thing
Re: Emir Of Ilorin Allegedly Sends Muslim Group To Sack Mosque Hosting Christians by JoeEeL(m): 10:54am On May 17
Blitzerz:

You lie
People like u would have been sacrificed long ago.
You and your entire family and the rest will be sent into evil forest. No CAP

Eehya. Maybe that were your own ancestors in your clan. Such a pity.
Re: Emir Of Ilorin Allegedly Sends Muslim Group To Sack Mosque Hosting Christians by Chucks13: 11:04am On May 17
DatNiggaDaz:
grin grin grin

Stale!!!
Re: Emir Of Ilorin Allegedly Sends Muslim Group To Sack Mosque Hosting Christians by DatNiggaDaz: 11:08am On May 17
Chucks13:

Stale!!!
grin grin grin

pale pained

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Ilorin Allegedly Sends Muslim Group To Sack Mosque Hosting Christians by Ngozi123(f): 11:27am On May 17
Shimran:

And the son have been repeatedly saying:

John 17: 3, The Father is the only true God;

John 14:28, My father is greater than I;

Do you know that there are ungodly things, i.e things that God don't do?

God will not present himself in human form just to make a point.

So, you confirm that what is written in the book of John is in fact the word of Jesus?
Re: Emir Of Ilorin Allegedly Sends Muslim Group To Sack Mosque Hosting Christians by CheapHomes1: 11:32am On May 17
SpecialAdviser:
Only God knows how Christians in Kwara state suffer. When you go there, you will learn the meaning of dominance

its obvious you didnt read the article.

“We are not here to fight but what we want in the name of the Emir is that the practice must not happen again. It is not an advice; if they must hold Christian service there, they can, but not mix things up.

“We won’t allow anyone to destroy this town; to gather people and ask them to be practising both religions. So tell them (the owners of the mosque) that we must not come back. Though they could claim they own the land, this is the town of Emir,” he stated."
Re: Emir Of Ilorin Allegedly Sends Muslim Group To Sack Mosque Hosting Christians by CheapHomes1: 11:33am On May 17
sammiewrite:

am certain you didnt read the article. pls read it again for more clarity
Re: Emir Of Ilorin Allegedly Sends Muslim Group To Sack Mosque Hosting Christians by SpecialAdviser(m): 11:34am On May 17
CheapHomes1:

its obvious you didnt read the article.

“We are not here to fight but what we want in the name of the Emir is that the practice must not happen again. It is not an advice; if they must hold Christian service there, they can, but not mix things up.

“We won’t allow anyone to destroy this town; to gather people and ask them to be practising both religions. So tell them (the owners of the mosque) that we must not come back. Though they could claim they own the land, this is the town of Emir,” he stated."
What is wrong in both religions mixing? For so long there is peace. Is this not even the way to go? Why do you think Christians always break fast with Muslims. Why is Islam always behaving anti peace?
Re: Emir Of Ilorin Allegedly Sends Muslim Group To Sack Mosque Hosting Christians by Ngozi123(f): 11:37am On May 17
Is the Emir not part/full Yoruba? Why is he referring to the as "they"?
Re: Emir Of Ilorin Allegedly Sends Muslim Group To Sack Mosque Hosting Christians by CheapHomes1: 11:37am On May 17
SpecialAdviser:

What is wrong in both religions mixing? For so long there is peace. Is this not even the way to go? Why do you think Christians always break fast with Muslims. Why is Islam always behaving anti peace?

you had earlier claimed that
SpecialAdviser:
Only God knows how Christians in Kwara state suffer

how are your two statements related?

can you show anywhere in the article where it said christians in kwara are suffering?
Re: Emir Of Ilorin Allegedly Sends Muslim Group To Sack Mosque Hosting Christians by Ghostridder419: 1:01pm On May 17
Ilorin is just like Afghanistan or Gaza for christians living there, they are full of religion difference, landlord will tell you that if you are a Christian i cant rent my house out to you, for a Christian to secure better job in Ilorin is very difficult
Re: Emir Of Ilorin Allegedly Sends Muslim Group To Sack Mosque Hosting Christians by Blitzerz: 1:12pm On May 17
JoeEeL:

Eehya. Maybe that were your own ancestors in your clan. Such a pity.
Your own. No cap. Mention your ancestors if e sure for you. Msheww
Re: Emir Of Ilorin Allegedly Sends Muslim Group To Sack Mosque Hosting Christians by sammiewrite(m): 1:46pm On May 17
Elsueno:

Perhaps, but I would agree with the emire here. You cannot be mixing Islam, Christianity & a mix of traditional religions at the same time. This is a recipe for disaster especially in a volatile country like Nigeria. Cause each of these religions have thier own extremists that have potential to create some serious chaos.

Besides, they where allowed to use the same building for the religious practices BUT AT DIFFERENT TIMES, not mix the thing
First question is, "mixing Islam, Christianity & a mix of traditional religions at the same time" like you put it - is this in violation of any Nigerian laws? Or we are now in a lawless society where anyone can just oppose the other because they don't like what they're doing which may not even be unlawful? Let's even assume a law was broken, is the emir the one who is supposed to bring the law breakers to justice? In what capacity is the emir giving such a directive? What if the situation had gotten out of hand, say, there was a disagreement between the people the emir sent and the person they were sent to, which then lead to violence and loss of lives and properties...will the emir be responsible legally?
Honestly I'm not surprised by your comments or those of others supporting the emir's action. Nigeria has always been a society built on hypocrisy instead of the rule of law. Whereas the rule of law is what built all those countries we always want to japa to - not individual feelings, sentiments or personal beliefs.
Re: Emir Of Ilorin Allegedly Sends Muslim Group To Sack Mosque Hosting Christians by Elsueno: 2:18pm On May 17
sammiewrite:
First question is, "mixing Islam, Christianity & a mix of traditional religions at the same time" like you put it - is this in violation of any Nigerian laws? Or we are now in a lawless society where anyone can just oppose the other because they don't like what they're doing which may not even be unlawful? Let's even assume a law was broken, is the emir the one who is supposed to bring the law breakers to justice? In what capacity is the emir giving such a directive? What if the situation had gotten out of hand, say, there was a disagreement between the people the emir sent and the person they were sent to, which then lead to violence and loss of lives and properties...will the emir be responsible legally?
Honestly I'm not surprised by your comments or those of others supporting the emir's action. Nigeria has always been a society built on hypocrisy instead of the rule of law. Whereas the rule of law is what built all those countries we always want to japa to - not individual feelings, sentiments or personal beliefs.

Stop being emotional nigga, I am telling u, What they are doing they is a recipe for disaster. A sumptuous target for extremists of all three religions. And U dey quote law for me, U think extremists give a shyt about so called 'FREEDOM OF PRACTICE'. Them go blow person head as e dey quote that nonsense. Local leaders have responsibility to prevent such disasters before they happen.
Re: Emir Of Ilorin Allegedly Sends Muslim Group To Sack Mosque Hosting Christians by sammiewrite(m): 3:32pm On May 17
Elsueno:

Stop being emotional nigga, I am telling u, What they are doing they is a recipe for disaster. A sumptuous target for extremists of all three religions. And U dey quote law for me, U think extremists give a shyt about so called 'FREEDOM OF PRACTICE'. Them go blow person head as e dey quote that nonsense. Local leaders have responsibility to prevent such disasters before they happen.
I know it is not that you didn't understand that I was not in support of the persons who were accused of polytheism. I also know it is not that you didn't understand that I didn't say the way the confusionists were dispersed and cautioned is not good. And yes, instead of the law enforcement officers being the one the emir should have informed, let's use non-state actors instead, who have their own biases/interests and who aren't guided by professionalism or any work ethics and who can quickly escalate matters of this nature. Hopefully we don't get to that stage like the core north, where it is some groups of irate mobs who gets to decide who blasphamed or what qualifies as blasphemy. Hopefully too, none of you or me, or any of our loved ones, will become a victim of our own making.
Re: Emir Of Ilorin Allegedly Sends Muslim Group To Sack Mosque Hosting Christians by Shimran(m): 4:10pm On May 17
thorpido:
Christianity says that God is one.In John 17:3,Jesus said...this is life eternal,that they may know you,the only true God and Jesus Christ whom thou has sent.

Notice that he said...that they may know you ,because the one they know is NOT You.

Again Jesus said,everyone who has learnt of the Father comes to me.John 6:45.

See anyone can claim to be God,but there is the One who sent Jesus and everyone who has known Him,believes the Gospel!

Interesting.

How do we go about these Jesus quotes? Or there is teaching of the Bible separately and another teaching of the church?

'My God, My God, why have You forsaken me?' (Matt. 27:46)

'I ascend to my Father and your Father, and my God and your God.' (John 20:17)

'the temple of my God the name of my God the city of my God comes down out of heaven from my God.' (Rev. 3:12)
Re: Emir Of Ilorin Allegedly Sends Muslim Group To Sack Mosque Hosting Christians by Shimran(m): 4:44pm On May 17
Ngozi123:

So, you confirm that what is written in the book of John is in fact the word of Jesus?

Sure!
As a non Christian I must believe that Bible is Holy book of the Christianity in which their jurisprudence is based and i can therefore use it as an evidence.

I know Bible isn't a verbatim words of Jesus. After some decades of story telling, writing took place ( With just this, how are we even sure, narrations remains the same along the way )... No wonder, we have been having different revised versions of the Bibles all over embarassed
Re: Emir Of Ilorin Allegedly Sends Muslim Group To Sack Mosque Hosting Christians by thorpido(m): 10:53pm On May 17
Shimran:

Interesting.

How do we go about these Jesus quotes? Or there is teaching of the Bible separately and another teaching of the church?

'My God, My God, why have You forsaken me?' (Matt. 27:46)

'I ascend to my Father and your Father, and my God and your God.' (John 20:17)

'the temple of my God the name of my God the city of my God comes down out of heaven from my God.' (Rev. 3:12)

The verses you quoted above can simply be rolled into this verse below;

I and My Father are one(John 10:30)

Also consider this statement;
Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves. John 14:11

Think about this statement Jesus made too;
And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man WHICH IS IN HEAVEN John 3:13

Jesus being the Spirit of God(the Koran bears witness that He came by the Word of God and the Word of God is God's Spirit)came to the earth for a purpose.While on the same earth,He lived as man and functioned as man.His actions were those of a man.

The Bible speaks of angels who lived as men on the earth and even married.I don't know if the Koran also has that.That should let you know the greatness and power of God.As Muslims you say God is great but you put God in a box and limit His greatness and power by the limitations of your human mind.

When you begin to know the true God(remember the initial scripture,that they may know you the only true God),you will begin to understand Him beyond the human mind and see His ways and actions beyond human comprehension and limitations.
Re: Emir Of Ilorin Allegedly Sends Muslim Group To Sack Mosque Hosting Christians by bizzibodi(m): 7:14am On May 18
The emir should allow d people practice d religion of their choice there should be no compulsion in religion.
Re: Emir Of Ilorin Allegedly Sends Muslim Group To Sack Mosque Hosting Christians by Wayeolajustice: 6:15pm On May 23

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

N100,000 For Deliverance Fee: Please Advice Us Urgently / Catholic Church Reacts To Father Mbaka's Controversial Political Statement / Freeze: I'm After Prosperity Pastors, Can't Find Muslim Cleric Private Jet Owner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.