Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,518 members, 7,861,496 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:17 PM

Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) (25814 Views)

University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” / Fire Guts University Of Maiduguri Hostel, Female Students Injured (Photo, Video) / FUOYE Students' Protest Turns Into Riot, Cars Burnt, Students Injured (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by Solababa91(m): 1:00pm On May 17
E kaáró shé e máa fosho? Die your jeans.
otipoju:
O.A.U the school that formed us. It will be fixed in no time.

" Amphi- "a venue loaded with history of various kinds

This was where D-Banj performed his first major Nigerian show in 2005.

Na here we pursue Bukina that year too as a fallout of that Dean of Student Affairs man wey dey like play students against each other in divide and conquer format

Dr Jingo , Dr 3A's , Maxwell,( the political parties -Pacesetter and DSM), Iginla Subomi, Lanre Legacy, U-Fit, Have-You -Eaten , Saburi, Femi Freedom, Afin Roger's ,Sobotiano, Tony Fash, Energy, Professor Jembe, and a host of other personalities all made my time in this school memorable.

Places like white house, yellow house, spider house, old buka, new buka, power house, road 7, road 1, Awo cafe , cofee room and aluta market.

Foods like Risky Burger , Sobo , Awo beans and Iyan Iya Egin at Old buka .

Will never forget Iya Israel one of the elderly women who used to do laundry. " You wash ? " was all the English the could most of them solicit customers with.

1 Like

Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by ViceGovernor: 1:09pm On May 17
Solababa91:
E kaáró shé e máa fosho? Die your jeans.
I don catch you sir.
You must have stayed in Awo hall, Faj or ETF
You no fit deny am 🥲

2 Likes

Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by Blitzking: 1:18pm On May 17
Receiving lectures in this place...sem 101....
Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by Injera(f): 1:23pm On May 17
otipoju:

Na here we pursue Bukina that year too as a fallout of that Dean of Student Affairs man wey dey like play students against each other in divide and conquer format

Dr Jingo , Dr 3A's , Maxwell,( the political parties -Pacesetter and DSM), Iginla Subomi, Lanre Legacy, U-Fit, Have-You -Eaten , Saburi, Femi Freedom, Afin Roger's ,Sobotiano, Tony Fash, Energy, Professor Jembe, and a host of other personalities all made my time in this school memorable.

Places like white house, yellow house, spider house, old buka, new buka, power house, road 7, road 1, Awo cafe , cofee room and aluta market.

Will never forget Iya Israel one of the elderly women who used to do laundry. " You wash ? " was all the English the could most of them solicit customers with.
You must have left OAU more that 15 years ago. There is no more old buka

1 Like

Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by otipoju(m): 1:24pm On May 17
CountinBlessins:

You talk too much for your age. No one asked you all this, if you are unemployed pls find a job.

It is unbecoming for an advanced aged man like you to be talking so much leave that for the teenagers angry

Mr Linkedin ! you don find me come here.

I have decoded why you are passionate about DNA test. It is well with your soul.
Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by ceasare: 1:28pm On May 17
otipoju:

No b lie u go Ife.....of d greatest gbogbo gbo!!!
Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by ceasare: 1:30pm On May 17
Injera:

You must have left OAU more that 15 years ago. There is no more old buka

U mean no old buka again? Na their men dey take survive....good food small money.whats now there? Dear old buka.....
Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by clems88(m): 1:40pm On May 17
Theatre in deed. Shey na concrete them use do seat grin
Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by yommen: 1:42pm On May 17
Pussyisgud:

Stop these your hyping, why wasn't it fixed when it was disturbing in the first place, they need to be proactive not reactive

I see a lot of low mentality being displayed in Nairaland. Does the fact that a natural disaster happens mean the place no longer has its history. Why is it that you people develop hatred when good things are being said about others?
Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by Lomprico2: 2:01pm On May 17
richiemcgold:

Hahaaaaaa, you just brought back those old memories, chai!
Risky burger, old buka, new buka OMG!

That travails of Burkina is still fresh in my memory till today. It must be year 2005 or thereabout. I was there when he was pursued from amphi down to sports complex. Na so my guy tear race enter bush 😆😆

There was another scenario where professor Rogers makanjuola was locked up inside Senate building by protesting students. I wonder where all those guys you mentioned are right now - - the saburis, legacy, tony fash, 3As, obesere and others. I graduated in the year diamond became sug president.

And on that D'banj's show, my group were very close to the stage that night. I remember how one very giant rat (okete) suddenly crawled outside while the show was going on. Many guys went after it right away and it was eventually caught by one of my guys. The thing sef amazed D'banj and don jazzy. What a memory 😆😆😆

But all in all, OAU gave me more bad memories than good ones, especially how a supposed 4 years of study eventually turned to 7 and half years for me. Lecture boycott every now and then, sometimes because of Unilorin, internal ASUU/NASU strike, national strike, extra year, sadist lecturers, supervisor wahala... Damn!

Very true, my matric was 99, graduated in 2007. 7 fucking years for a 5 year course. Not to forget that school is full of sadist lecturers and staff that enjoy making and seeing students fail.
Have you tried going for your transcript? Dem go show you pepper.

In general it was a great experience sha.
Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by Lomprico2: 2:04pm On May 17
ceasare:

U mean no old buka again? Na their men dey take survive....good food small money.whats now there? Dear old buka.....
No sports market, even that small market between white House and moremi hall is gone. All the market in now behind new buka.
Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by SpecialAdviser(m): 2:04pm On May 17
Amotolongbo:
The beautiful structures in OAU are now dilapidating 😭😭😭
No maintenance culture
Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by alfredilly: 2:08pm On May 17
otipoju:

Great Ife. Got in 2010,left in 2018. Eight eventful years. We were treated with aluta on resumption as fresher after Faborode raised acceptance fee from 2000 to 20 000. Met 3 A, Saburi all as overtime student 😂🤣🤣. Rolled with DSM and pacesetter. Seem professor Jembe was a post graduate student when I got in. I rolled with him at post graduate hall, though an undergraduate myself. He's a rotund , not too big guy. His colleague call him professor Jembe, but I have no inkling he was popular in undergraduate.
Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by phorget(m): 2:18pm On May 17
otipoju:

You forgot to mention ANGLO-MOZ freshers night, never to forget the ARO by the ever crazy Awo hall Residence. I heard Saburi is currently in the US army, how about that our amiable comrade Olowokandi? ...

Good old days back then at OAU.
Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by israelmao(m): 2:27pm On May 17
Theatre built before Kongi was a student.
Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by Twob: 2:42pm On May 17
otipoju:

U sabi my brother.

Of the greatest Ife!
Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by officialsaw01(m): 2:43pm On May 17
omniwater:
plant trees everywhere in the campus to avoid incidents like this.
Obviously, you haven't been to OAU campus before.

1 Like

Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by Fearurcreeator: 2:43pm On May 17
otipoju:

I still make risky till today ... My son love it so much .. we still call it risky
Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by Fearurcreeator: 2:44pm On May 17
CuriousCart:
This is the rubbish school they keep forcing us to take as the best in Nigeria. You must be deluded. I've met many OAU graduates that are dumb as a doornail.
Which school you go
Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by Fearurcreeator: 2:46pm On May 17
Idaytesj29:

So sad. I was there during Prof Rogers Makanjuola's VC reigns
Same here ...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by RexTramadol1: 2:49pm On May 17
otipoju:

Ogba femi
Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by blakkydikky(m): 2:54pm On May 17
YorubaMod:
All these universities in the wastes have long expired grin
.... Said by a baby factory's dullard child from Sad East.
Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by Shikena(m): 2:55pm On May 17
“You wash” abi “Se fo’so” grin

otipoju:

Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by Limassol(m): 2:56pm On May 17
DeeNet1:
Omo,wind dey oh
Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by Shikena(m): 2:59pm On May 17
Despite all the issues, OAU is still one of the best within our pitiable system.

KingLennon:

Wetin this one dey talk sef? OAU is one of the best sad
Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by CuriousCart(f): 3:02pm On May 17
Fearurcreeator:

Which school you go

OAU
Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by snowland(m): 3:04pm On May 17
otipoju:
Oil full your head. That school turned boys into made men. Proudly OAUITE. Reaping Spider House.
Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by Injera(f): 3:08pm On May 17
ceasare:

3 new buildings. One for music department. ICAN building and admin extension. Aluta market too is now history as all markets are relocated to back of new buka along ETF.
Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by otipoju(m): 3:10pm On May 17
alfredilly:

Great Ife. Got in 2010,left in 2018. Eight eventful years. We were treated with aluta on resumption as fresher after Faborode raised acceptance fee from 2000 to 20 000. Met 3 A, Saburi all as overtime student 😂🤣🤣. Rolled with DSM and pacesetter. Seem professor Jembe was a post graduate student when I got in. I rolled with him at post graduate hall, though an undergraduate myself. He's a rotund , not too big guy. His colleague call him professor Jembe, but I have no inkling he was popular in undergraduate.

Jembe was I think Director of Socials for Awo Hall between 2003 to 2005, Im not sure. He was really popular for Aroism. We had a song for him.

Gush..I still remember when NEPA takes light and boys will come out to the balcony and start saying " Ejade eje ka bura wa ooo" Come out let us abuse ourselves.

And then the fireworks of humorous banter will start.

1 Like

Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by otipoju(m): 3:24pm On May 17
Injera:

3 new buildings. One for music department. ICAN building and admin extension. Aluta market too is now history as all markets are relocated to back of new buka along ETF.

Wow. It's been ages.
Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by GambaOsaka: 3:27pm On May 17
CuriousCart:
This is the rubbish school they keep forcing us to take as the best in Nigeria. You must be deluded. I've met many OAU graduates that are dumb as a doornail.

President Buhari
Which of the ‘FUTs’ did you attend?
FUTO, FUTMINNA, FUNAAB or FUTA?
Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by lagonovo: 3:27pm On May 17
Sad. Hope the injured students are getting good care.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2008/2009 Jamb Result Out And Online / Moment Fire Service Officials Couldn't Put Out Fire At Public Lecture (Video) / Why Students Fail To Graduate With Good Grades

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.