Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,408 members, 7,853,805 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 02:34 AM

Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) (25764 Views)

University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” / Fire Guts University Of Maiduguri Hostel, Female Students Injured (Photo, Video) / FUOYE Students' Protest Turns Into Riot, Cars Burnt, Students Injured (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by iCauseTrouble: 12:26pm On May 17
angry
Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by Bluntemperor: 12:27pm On May 17
KingLennon:

Wetin this one dey talk sef? OAU is one of the best sad

Don't mind him,na Social Media thin and they speak trash all the time!
Academics is mental Capacities ,Capabilities,New Horizons,New Methods of Applications, Research and constant Development and Evaluations in all Areas of life- so,OAU- is a real deal,at all times!

1 Like

Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by Holluwhakemmy(f): 12:27pm On May 17
CuriousCart:
This is the rubbish school they keep forcing us to take as the best in Nigeria. You must be deluded. I've met many OAU graduates that are dumb as a doornail.
just because you couldn't pass jamb to enable you secure admission to OAU doesn't give you authority to say rubbish about the school

3 Likes

Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by Holluwhakemmy(f): 12:28pm On May 17
otipoju:
O.A.U the school that formed us. It will be fixed in no time.

" Amphi- "a venue loaded with history of various kinds

This was where D-Banj performed his first major Nigerian show in 2005.

Na here we pursue Bukina that year too as a fallout of that Dean of Student Affairs man wey dey like play students against each other in divide and conquer format

Dr Jingo , Dr 3A's , Maxwell,( the political parties -Pacesetter and DSM), Iginla Subomi, Lanre Legacy, U-Fit, Have-You -Eaten , Saburi, Femi Freedom, Afin Roger's ,Sobotiano, Tony Fash, Energy, Professor Jembe, and a host of other personalities all made my time in this school memorable.

Places like white house, yellow house, spider house, old buka, new buka, power house, road 7, road 1, Awo cafe , cofee room and aluta market.

Foods like Risky Burger , Sobo , Awo beans and Iyan Iya Egin at Old buka .

Will never forget Iya Israel one of the elderly women who used to do laundry. " You wash ? " was all the English the could most of them solicit customers with.
Great Ife
Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by Emmanuel30a2: 12:28pm On May 17
Louisojibe:
Heavy rainfall has caused the roof of Obafemi Awolowo University's Amphi theatre to collapse.

This collapse happened during a class, and four students were injured. The injured students were rushed to the hospital at 8:45 am on May 16, 2024.

Credit: Paperng
Injured...? I don't want injured, I want them... I conjured the injured to becomes dead...
Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by Metronomy(m): 12:29pm On May 17
otipoju:

Na here we pursue Bukina that year too as a fallout of that Dean of Student Affairs man wey dey like play students against each other in divide and conquer format

Dr Jingo , Dr 3A's , Maxwell,( the political parties -Pacesetter and DSM), Iginla Subomi, Lanre Legacy, U-Fit, Have-You -Eaten , Saburi, Femi Freedom, Afin Roger's ,Sobotiano, Tony Fash, Energy, Professor Jembe, and a host of other personalities all made my time in this school memorable.

Places like white house, yellow house, spider house, old buka, new buka, power house, road 7, road 1, Awo cafe , cofee room and aluta market.

Will never forget Iya Israel one of the elderly women who used to do laundry. " You wash ? " was all the English the could most of them solicit customers with.

Greatest Ife....

1 Like

Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by YorubaMod(m): 12:29pm On May 17
KingLennon:

Wetin this one dey talk sef? OAU is one of the best sad
In the waste I think
Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by Judolisco(m): 12:30pm On May 17
CountinBlessins:

Your all too much for your age. No one asked you all this, if you are unemployed pls find a job.

It is unbecoming for an advanced aged man like you to be talking so much leave that for the teenagers angry
it's a public forum and he is free to say whatever he likes
Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by Bluntemperor: 12:30pm On May 17
Holluwhakemmy:
just because you couldn't pass jamb to enable you secure admission to OAU doesn't give you authority to say rubbish about the school

GBAM.
Don't mind the little boy !
Wrong use of language ' forcing it on you'
Please,tell us who did it to you!
Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by Flier: 12:31pm On May 17
Bad maintenance culture,those structures are too old and need maintenance.
Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by CuriousCart(f): 12:31pm On May 17
Holluwhakemmy:

Yet I'm completing the tasks of the ones who gained admission into OAU because they are so dumb that they cannot do it.

Meaning their admissions were not on merit but tribalistic.
Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by TylerPerry: 12:31pm On May 17
haphizz57:
I wish u guys speed recovery
The neglect of infrastructures in Nigeria need velocity recovery

1 Like

Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by JoeEeL(m): 12:33pm On May 17
The last time I visited this place and comparing with now, it still remains as it is. I don't want to castigate oau because I know they are not that bad when it comes to changes but hey, for the most part, why are we in this part of the world not quite given to change?

Something just feels awkward about a so-called open-space theatre used as class room (with no walls). Any sounds outside, you'll hear. The horns of buses and motorbicycles, you'll hear and even see. Chit-chat from passengers, hawkers, students around the vicinity, you'll hear. How do you even focus fully? Those "seats" are cement seats. Incredible. Yet the architecture of the place is quite good. On the one hand it makes you want to criticise, on the other hand you feel restrained not to go overboard with it.

With a board that far though, do they just assume every student will all have eagle-vision to see writings / diagrams on the board? Hope they've begun to consistently use good microphones. I say "consistently" because sometimes, from outside you'll hear one gen sound go off, and the lecturer just continues with his lectures without no mic. Jesu, where person go start from?

4 Likes

Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by anonimi: 12:33pm On May 17
Amotolongbo:
The beautiful structures in OAU are now dilapidating 😭😭😭

Like everything else about our society, due to our self-centred nature

1 Like

Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by bizhop01: 12:34pm On May 17
The building was built in 1970s?
Because modern open floor building the used metal roofing
Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by CountinBlessins(m): 12:34pm On May 17
Judolisco:
it's a public forum and he is free to say whatever he likes

Stop it. You know as a man there is what is the minimal expected behavior especially with age. I am 29 and a father , there are things I won't do at this age. There are things you leave for the teenagers.

That bros is almost 45. Why talk so much ? He isn't the only OAU alumni, we many here. He shouldn't disgrace us abeg. angry

1 Like

Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by AllenSpencer: 12:35pm On May 17
Privatize those universities and give them full autonomy.

It’s glaring the government cannot fund tertiary education.

Using emotions to override high tuition fees will not help the educational sector.

The government should privatize sector and channel funds into primary and secondary education.
Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by anonimi: 12:36pm On May 17
otipoju:

How are those formed by the university paying back, to ensure its legacy gets better by government paying lecturers well and administrators using funds judiciously

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by Emmanuel30a2: 12:39pm On May 17
Idaytesj29:

I was at Angola A8 in 2005 as 100 level student in the dept of Philosophy matric no 059 in the dept before I left for another school after a semester.

I was the best student when result came out. HOD was disturbing my guardian then that I should return cos I was their best student. But my mind was made up.

Brilliant students, very beautiful ❤️ campus, sound lectures, they always finish the syllabus and very social institution.
Mufu...
Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by seunayantokun(m): 12:39pm On May 17
This is very bad. That wonderful amphitheatre has been left to collapse. What is happening with the management of OAU, Ile-Ife? Is there no more maintenance culture anywhere anymore in this country? Even that amphitheatre that was part of our little pride and joy in those years is now left to succumb to decay and dilapidation? O ga o

1 Like

Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by anonimi: 12:40pm On May 17
AllenSpencer:
Privatize those universities and give them full autonomy.

It’s glaring the government cannot fund tertiary education.

Using emotions to override high tuition fees will not help the educational sector.

The government should privatize sector and channel funds into primary and secondary education.

What can the government fund- primay education, vocational education, secondary education?
Or governments are funding feeder roads and gutters, electricity, mass transit, water & sanitation?
How about funding law & order, and security of lives and property

If government is not funding anything, then why pay taxes or why allow them to collect taxes on our behalf?
What is government useful for

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by Laple0541(m): 12:40pm On May 17
Whao, that is Amphitheatre.

Quick recovery to the injured student.
Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by Emmanuel30a2: 12:41pm On May 17
CountinBlessins:

Stop it. You know as a man there is what is the minimal expected behavior especially with age. I am 29 and a father , there are things I won't do at this age. There are things you leave for the teenagers.

That bros is almost 45. Why talk so much ? He isn't the only OAU alumni, we many here. He shouldn't disgrace us abeg. angry
Ki leleyi nso...?
Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by Emmanuel30a2: 12:42pm On May 17
seunayantokun:
This is very bad. That wonderful amphitheatre has been left to collapse. What is happening with the management of OAU, Ile-Ife? Is there no more maintenance culture anywhere anymore in this country? Even that amphitheatre that was part of our little pride and joy in those years is now left to succumb to decay and dilapidation? O ga o
Stop shouting...
Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by lamentor78(m): 12:42pm On May 17
Louisojibe:
Heavy rainfall has caused the roof of Obafemi Awolowo University's Amphi theatre to collapse.

This collapse happened during a class, and four students were injured. The injured students were rushed to the hospital at 8:45 am on May 16, 2024.

Credit: Paperng

OAU...Africa most beautiful campus....Aluta against all oppressors.....Great Ife.

Those that never qualify to attend this school are angry in comment section.

GEOLOGY DEPT 1997-2001

2 Likes

Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by Emmanuel30a2: 12:43pm On May 17
Holluwhakemmy:
Mumu...
Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by JoeEeL(m): 12:44pm On May 17
lamentor78:

OAU...Africa most beautiful campus....Aluta against all oppressors.....Great Ife.

GEOLOGY DEPT 1997-2001

Africa most beautiful campus indeed! If it is the most beautiful campus in the whole of africa, should that not make you worry as a person?

The same thing y'all have been saying since the past 50 years, is the same thing you're shamelessly saying today. And it's not like you do not know that there are scarce improvements in the school's glory. So if it still remains the most beautiful campus after decades, with little or no improvements, you inadvertently say Africa is a no-progress continent be that.

You see, Im deliberately forgiving you by not even delving into what the hostels look like. Are the hostels beautiful? Angola painted yellow on tiny bungalows that look like prison cells is what you're shouting "Africa's most beautiful campus". Do you want me to talk about block 2 and 3, Awo hall? Or 5 and 6? As I dey look u, u be like person wey go be apc supporter. I swear, ur ideology and bragadoccio no fit see me reason u past apc.

Ki oro e pada si e l'enu. Una sha wan make person cast. Ma je n binu tan o. Most beautiful campus my foot! Black people: always raising shoulder over any small thing. Brag brag, brag... let's all sharapp pls, abeg.

1 Like

Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by Atom007(m): 12:45pm On May 17
You follow 60 40 admission be that. I follow pursue àm, he run follow folks n fingers tru sport complex japa, juju dey O, as I wan catch am, fear dey hold me
Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by palsenator(m): 12:46pm On May 17
otipoju:

Greatest of the greatest Ife. The is the handwriting of Honorable Senator... A very close friend of Prof Jembe , the dark , short comrade. May the spirit keeping forming us for the good of humanity.... Aluta continua , Victoria ascerta.
Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by palsenator(m): 12:50pm On May 17
lamentor78:

GEOLOGY DEPT 1997-2001

Forward ever , backward never

MCB DEPT 2002-2006 ( ORIGINALLY 2006, BUT GRADUATED IN 2008 )
Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by Kay25(m): 12:51pm On May 17
otipoju:

saburi was sug president 2007 abi
Re: Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) by Idaytesj29(m): 12:59pm On May 17
Emmanuel30a2:
Mufu...
Mumu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? / Unilag Students Sleep Outside Over Re-absorption Forms (photos) / Enuseh Lawi: Female Student Dies In Taraba State University Hostel Fire (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.