Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,605 members, 7,847,533 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 08:08 PM

₦‎20 Trillion Pension Fund Safe – Wale Edun - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Fund Safe – Wale Edun (7419 Views)

FG Deploys ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Funds In Infrastructure Investment Push / Wale Edun: Only 5% Of Nigerians Have Over ₦‎500k In Their Bank Accounts / Wale Edun Gets World Bank Appointment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Fund Safe – Wale Edun by Sirchiboy: 7:56am On May 17
Please tell Delta State Government to pay their teachers their gratuity

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Fund Safe – Wale Edun by Promismike(m): 7:56am On May 17
Ok
Re: ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Fund Safe – Wale Edun by anonimi: 7:58am On May 17
helinues:
Then go and hustle, NL no dey put food on the members table

Hustle when ThiefNuibu and other politicians are looting money that should employ workers to create the environment for private businesses to flourish and employ even more workers?

Government workers that are paid the 360k minimum wage annually, instead of the shameful thing Zulum is doing in Borno.

Startcomm22:
The Labour Veterans and Trade Unionists Assembly has expressed outrage over the wages paid to workers in Borno State, revealing that many are receiving as little as N6,000 to N8,000 as minimum wage

Comrade Isa Tijani, National Interim Chairman of the Labour Veterans, condemned the situation in a statement on Tuesday.

The Labour Veterans also condemned arbitrary deductions from workers’ salaries, warning that if the issue is not addressed, workers in other states might face similar exploitation.

Tijani said, “It pains us to admit that, we now have it on clear record, that, in Borno state, workers in most of the local governments throughout the state, are presently being paid N6000 to N8000 only, as minimum wage. This is not only despicable, but an open case of inhuman slavery in the 21st century.

“We wish to call on the Governor to do the following: Ensure that all entitled workers are paid the prevailing agreed amount even before the new Minimum Wage comes into effect; Stop all forms of arbitrary deductions in the name of palliatives or purchase of cars to local Government Chairmen.

“Taking into cognizance the shameful act that is taking place in Borno state, we are afraid that workers in some states might be experiencing the same fate. Accordingly, it is of vital importance for the Labour Leaders and their members to successfully tackle the sticky and knotty issue of full wage agreements implementation across board, before the new National Minimum Wage regime comes into Law.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/05/minimum-wage-borno-workers-paid-as-low-as-n6000-to-n8000/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Fund Safe – Wale Edun by edungene7: 7:58am On May 17
The Europeans called them economic parasites Nigerians will learn the hard way entrusting your hard earned money to criminals

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Fund Safe – Wale Edun by Inspirer1: 7:59am On May 17
Curious345:
We don't care if it's safe on safe.
Nigerian politicians use big big English to corner resources.

Why can't the government be directly involved in agriculture on the massive scale.

Instead of divising ways to steal that money or try to use the money to settle political allies by giving them overbloated contracts for road construction,

The government can humble itself and cultivate thousands of hectares of land, arable land across Nigeria ;plant crops for local consumption and for massive agricultural export.

There are countries on Earth, that are richer than Nigeria, not because they export crude oil but because they export cash crops cultivated on their lands..

Like I always say, Nigeria is a hopeless case
the bold is quite surprising especially for governors in all the Southern states

Govt claim to own almost all the lands, why can't they go into agriculture massively and directly, employ trained farmers......not giving out money that may be diverted to 'farmers' or to those that will later sell so costly as if they were not given incentives.
This will make food available and cheap, reduce unemployment, and generate revenue from sale of cash crops.

1 Like

Re: ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Fund Safe – Wale Edun by helinues: 8:02am On May 17
anonimi:

Hustle when ThiefNuibu and other politicians are looting money that should employ workers to create the environment for private businesses to flourish and employ even more workers?

Government workers that are paid the 360k minimum wage annually, instead of the shameful thing Zulum is doing in Borno.

Okay. He should continue wasting time and life away then on NL.

No need to hustle Again
Re: ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Fund Safe – Wale Edun by HNICEARTH: 8:03am On May 17
helinues:

Go and eat now, no die of hunger oo

🤡

1 Like

Re: ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Fund Safe – Wale Edun by TheGift: 8:11am On May 17
Curious345:
We don't care if it's safe or unsafe.
Nigerian politicians use big big English to corner resources.

Why can't the government be directly involved in agriculture on the massive scale.

Instead of divising ways to steal that money or try to use the money to settle political allies by giving them overbloated contracts for road construction,

The government can humble itself and cultivate thousands of hectares of land, arable land across Nigeria ;plant crops for local consumption and for massive agricultural export.

There are countries on Earth, that are richer than Nigeria, not because they export crude oil but because they export cash crops cultivated on their lands..

Like I always say, Nigeria is a hopeless case

I agree with all you said but for the last sentence. Stop cursing your country if you want it to have hope.
Re: ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Fund Safe – Wale Edun by Yankee101: 8:19am On May 17
EFCC waiting for you all
Re: ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Fund Safe – Wale Edun by Yankee101: 8:20am On May 17
If 75% of pension funds is already in treasury bills, it means the government is already spending it

So trying to take out of it again is madness. The money is already with you

2 Likes

Re: ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Fund Safe – Wale Edun by edogu(m): 8:49am On May 17
At a time when government wants to construct a new road for 15 trillion and there's a pension fund worth 20 trillion, you don't expect people not to raise an alarm even when the information may not be true.
Re: ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Fund Safe – Wale Edun by rotadeco27: 8:49am On May 17
You see that is the issue! You can not work for the government or other organizations and really make it good in life. Iam a professional and yet never have any thought of working for anyone nor the government. Plan multiple streams of income ,no matter how little ,it will shock a financial need or some. Just look around you ,there is a challenge or some challenges facing people that u can provide solutions to and get paid as rewards. The nation can not get any where by this our mentality of working and earn salary. One of the streams of business I was talking about is faming, do not be ashamed of any legitimate hustle that will put food on you table.
anonimi:

Re: ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Fund Safe – Wale Edun by Oghene86: 8:51am On May 17
Bobloco:

https://punchng.com/n20tn-pension-fund-safe-fg/

Please you guys should not touch my pension, I will personally take the federal government to court, go to world bank and IMF to borrow
Re: ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Fund Safe – Wale Edun by Brushstrokes20: 9:04am On May 17
😳😳😳Bullocks!,.... Believe this useless, insatiable, government of self serving THIEVES at your peril 💯💯🔊🔊🔊🤣🤣😂😂😅😅😁😁
Re: ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Fund Safe – Wale Edun by newoffer: 9:05am On May 17
Iff you are okay will u go to campaign ground to get 2 derica of rice.
Tokskob2008:

I have always pondered on this too. Why can't FG make use of the available lands all around the country for massive agriculture, it's not like they don't have the funds to buy the equipments or whatever and doing this will create more jobs and also make food cheaper for the citizens, so what is really the problem with this our leaders
Re: ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Fund Safe – Wale Edun by bdon123(m): 9:13am On May 17
Bobloco:

Yeah i trust a minister appointmented by former drug kingpin... mcheeew
Re: ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Fund Safe – Wale Edun by blueAgent(m): 9:23am On May 17
Inspirer1:
the bold is quite surprising especially for governors in all the Southern states

Govt claim to own almost all the lands, why can't they go into agriculture massively and directly, employ trained farmers......not giving out money that may be diverted to 'farmers' or to those that will later sell so costly as if they were not given incentives.
This will make food available and cheap, reduce unemployment, and generate revenue from sale of cash crops.

The refineries, steel plants and government owned establishment have they been properly and profitably managed ?

Talkless of agriculture.

You guys should try to be realistic sometimes.
Re: ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Fund Safe – Wale Edun by anonimi: 9:37am On May 17
rotadeco27:
You see that is the issue! You can not work for the government or other organizations and really make it good in life. Iam a professional and yet never have any thought of working for anyone nor the government. Plan multiple streams of income ,no matter how little ,it will shock a financial need or some. Just look around you ,there is a challenge or some challenges facing people that u can provide solutions to and get paid as rewards.

The nation can not get any where by this our mentality of working and earn salary. One of the streams of business I was talking about is faming, do not be ashamed of any legitimate hustle that will put food on you table.

Should we then scrap the government altogether?
How should we organise the provision of common services like:

- basic education and healthcare,
- roads, gutters and their maintenance,
- electricity,
- law & order, security
- monitoring private businesses to prevent exploitation of the masses

How do you propose this should be done without local, state and federal governments employing enough professional workers for these tasks

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Fund Safe – Wale Edun by ideylaff: 9:40am On May 17
Akwamkpuruamu:
You see, for Wale to say this, I have concluded that that 20trn is not safe.

APC are bloody liars

Exactly .... he never denied nor answer the question yet on the other hand he said this
"He said the Federal Government did not plan to exceed these legal boundaries" so if they find alegal break through they will acces the funds right?

Just like when Cardoso CBN was asked are you defending the Naira Yes or No question , he responded. " it not or intention to defend the Naira"

what exactly are you saying. Liars all.

1 Like

Re: ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Fund Safe – Wale Edun by Inspirer1: 10:11am On May 17
blueAgent:

The refineries, steel plants and government owned establishment have they been properly and profitably managed ?

Talkless of agriculture.

You guys should try to be realistic sometimes.
Read and understand what you wrote again, haven't you now invariably confirmed our concerns that they are not capable of doing what is right and can't successfully manage establishments?
Re: ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Fund Safe – Wale Edun by Okeoghenerobert: 10:14am On May 17
Una eyes no dey see money?Make una no use my pension o.Na God I take beg una.Na my last hope for now be that.
Re: ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Fund Safe – Wale Edun by frog12: 10:43am On May 17
na so oo

PHIPEX:
Leave our pension alone.

You want to finance white elephant projects with our hard earned pension. When the projects gets abandoned it will all amount to waste and the govt will not be able to pay. The one that was borrowed to finance Kano-Maradi rail, has the rail generated a penny for the repayment?
Re: ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Fund Safe – Wale Edun by caye(m): 10:45am On May 17
RealTrump:
Well, let the people who have retired make this small sacrifice for government, things are really hard for government.

I believe the government will pay but even if they couldn't pay, it's a small price to ensure Nigeria gets better.

It's all fun and games, until you yourself reach your retirement age, and fiam! ...Your retirement money is gone with the winds.

Then you will know whatsup.
Re: ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Fund Safe – Wale Edun by PHAYOL81: 10:46am On May 17
Better
Re: ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Fund Safe – Wale Edun by killsmith(f): 12:03pm On May 17
Tokskob2008:

I have always pondered on this too. Why can't FG make use of the available lands all around the country for massive agriculture, it's not like they don't have the funds to buy the equipments or whatever and doing this will create more jobs and also make food cheaper for the citizens, so what is really the problem with this our leaders
The aim is to impoverish the citizens to keep them forever under their control.
Re: ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Fund Safe – Wale Edun by austinekachi(m): 1:33pm On May 17
They shouldnt near our Pensions for any reason. Nigerian politicians has refused to save over the years. They stole the country dry. I remember during Ebele Jonathan, when Okonjo Iweala said lets save in an excess crude account, the whole governors except Peter Obi and one other governor revolted and went for the womans head. They said no, lets have all the money shared, dont save for us. Because they know Nigeria is only a name.

And now, you want to discuss peoples hard earned savings. Some of of us would personally match to Asorock even if its with Matchets only. Dont dear the people, end sars will be a childs play if you steal and unable to account for peoples pension monies oo. You cant be suffocating people and be squeezing the balls hard at the same time.
Re: ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Fund Safe – Wale Edun by IAmHim1: 5:44pm On May 17
PONDER DEEPERRR
https://www.nairaland.com/8081414/nigerias-inflation-state-federal-governments
Tokskob2008:

Re: ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Fund Safe – Wale Edun by ufotunang: 11:34pm On May 17
Stories and big grammar....you go explain tire 🙄
Re: ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Fund Safe – Wale Edun by HenryWilliams(m): 4:36am On May 18
When thieves and vagabonds tell you it's safe..
That's when to run and hide.
Re: ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Fund Safe – Wale Edun by Iamanoited: 6:24am On May 18
Please today is 18th of May, 2024, Tomorrow is 19th, my birthday I HAVE NOT RECEIVED MY PENSION OF APRIL 2024.

Orisa37
HOLY GHOST FIRE WILL DESTROY THE WICKED IN NIGERIA IJN AMEN.
Re: ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Fund Safe – Wale Edun by Remman(m): 7:13am On May 18
Bobloco:

Any money wey don enter Tinubu eye to chop, him go chop am. Abi, how una think say him go recover him election 40trillion expenses as well as to prepare for next election? To me, this money is already looted.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Joy Of Victory: A New Dawn For Rivers State / Christians Get You PVC The Battle Line Is Drawn / House Of Reps Summons CBN, NNPC, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.