Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,521 members, 7,847,144 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 11:52 AM

Crypto Exchanges Start Delisting Of Naira From Platforms - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Crypto Exchanges Start Delisting Of Naira From Platforms (15234 Views)

Binance to stop Naira Services Amid Crackdown On Crypto Exchanges / Crypto Exchanges Stop Selling USDT/USDC In Naira / Are You Affected By Flutterwave Delisting Of It's $$ Virtual Card? Talk To Us! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crypto Exchanges Start Delisting Of Naira From Platforms by Benmob: 12:55pm On May 17
SEGLIZ:
you mean the GBAJUE's (SCAMMERs) that floated the niara foolishly? corruption in government is our major problem not the street, those that launder money are in government not the innocent citizens, have you stolen any public fund you can launder? I know the answer won't be the affirmative. government should go after corrupt elements like they are doing the yahooboys.

it is amazing you could still blame Obi and his supporters for naira floatation!? shocked
grin grin grin d thing tire me, brainless pple full Nairaland

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Exchanges Start Delisting Of Naira From Platforms by Inspirer1: 1:02pm On May 17
Tristical:
What is wrong with us in this country do we have brains at all
No wonder politicians take us for a ride and feel we can't do anything
Imagining the youths supporting the govt for their show of shame
I'm just speechless
Let's really analyze the naira issue:
First, no country in the world freely floats it's national currency without regulation except Nigeria

Most countries adopt what is called a managed float process which means the currency is floating but defended by the government.

But our case is different we floated without defence.
Now we are blaming everyone under the sun for the naira collapse.

Where is the fuel & electricity subsidy money that is supposed to be used for naira defence
Where is the $3.3 billion NNPC oil for cash deal money?

All of our naira crisis could have been solved if the banks enabled their cards but they can't because majority of the FX has been stolen or is being used to pay debts.

I hope you guys heard they've secured another $500 million loan to meter Nigerians
If you still think crypto traders are the one undermining the economy you have a mental problem.
you even forgot to add "when Dangote refinery starts production" to the list.....yet no result

Everyone wants Nigeria to work but there seems tl be a sort of insincerity about how it is being done and it is not yoelding the expected result.
Re: Crypto Exchanges Start Delisting Of Naira From Platforms by unbiased2021: 1:04pm On May 17
phemray:
Good development if it works, but the problem is that the unpatriotic nigerians benefitting from crypto manipulation will moved again to create another way. They never love or care about nigeria currency but Thier own personal gains is more important.

Is Nigeria the only country where people trade crypto ? Why are other economies not crumbing because of crypto trading?
I’ve been trading for over 4 years , yet I don’t see how trading is the problem of Naira, sometimes I wonder if the government want young Nigerians to prosper. You can’t pay decent salaries but you want us to work and earn peanuts so to keep all of us enslaved for political reasons. Nigerian leaders are wicked
Nawa sef

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Exchanges Start Delisting Of Naira From Platforms by unbiased2021: 1:12pm On May 17
Seunpapa65:

😂😂😂😂
And what makes you think there's no crypto exchanges in US binance and US is a personal matter keep living in stone age

Don’t mind him, coinbase is originally from the US and there are tons of traders using it.
Re: Crypto Exchanges Start Delisting Of Naira From Platforms by jimmyvic(m): 1:16pm On May 17
After delisting the Naira, they'll later find out that their incessant borrowing is the problem of the Naira

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Exchanges Start Delisting Of Naira From Platforms by xynerise: 1:24pm On May 17
You keep borrowing in dollars and you are a consuming country but Crypto is your problem.

Nigerians, sorry grin
Re: Crypto Exchanges Start Delisting Of Naira From Platforms by Tyche(m): 1:28pm On May 17
Words on Marble

ATEAMS:
If you are not willing to risk the usual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.

Also

You may never know what results come of your actions. but if you do nothing, there will be no results.

1 Like

Re: Crypto Exchanges Start Delisting Of Naira From Platforms by Obagreatdatoye(m): 1:33pm On May 17
KushLyon:

I just look them dey laugh. Even if they manage to remove p2p from all the exchanges, what of telegram? There are groups and channels in telegram that are dedicated to p2p trading. Let's not mention the fact that some people are still using Binance p2p till today, but hiding under other African currencies like Ghana cedis
Expect telegram to block every bitcoin exchange platform...You cant win the govt ..They have every resources to destroy you...so shut up. You know nothing

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Exchanges Start Delisting Of Naira From Platforms by phemray(m): 1:41pm On May 17
unbiased2021:

Is Nigeria the only country where people trade crypto ? Why are other economies not crumbing because of crypto trading?
I’ve been trading for over 4 years , yet I don’t see how trading is the problem of Naira, sometimes I wonder if the government want young Nigerians to prosper. You can’t pay decent salaries but you want us to work and earn peanuts so to keep all of us enslaved for political reasons. Nigerian leaders are wicked
Nawa sef

Yes u a correct, but some people actually using the platform for evil and unpatriotic manipulations. Other countries respect Thier sovereignty but some Nigerians attitudes is to pull Nigeria down for Thier gains in terrorism financing among others

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Exchanges Start Delisting Of Naira From Platforms by clems88(m): 1:48pm On May 17
JuanDeDios:

Wait, the Chinese are paying for things in Naira?
dey play. They buy in Naira. Infact some of them call me on video call just for us to transact
Re: Crypto Exchanges Start Delisting Of Naira From Platforms by Devaro: 1:56pm On May 17
dapsoneh:
Naira may hit 2500naira/dollar by next week
No production, no exportation
How do u want to strenghten your currency when all u do is borrow without significant exportation?

Abeg ask them for me.

Delisting will do no good
Re: Crypto Exchanges Start Delisting Of Naira From Platforms by frankputer: 2:04pm On May 17
Cryptokin:

The only problem is that the absence of an exchange acting as escrow can make more crypto traders susceptible to fraud

Fact,
Once they fall victim they will dislike trading like mmm
Re: Crypto Exchanges Start Delisting Of Naira From Platforms by frankputer: 2:07pm On May 17
Obagreatdatoye:

Expect telegram to block every bitcoin exchange platform...You cant win the govt ..They have every resources to destroy you...so shut up. You know nothing

Apart from that,
Scammers will infiltrate the exchange platform and vanish with billions of dollars.
Re: Crypto Exchanges Start Delisting Of Naira From Platforms by GreatrAnalyst: 2:20pm On May 17
dapsoneh:
How do u want to strenghten your currency when all u do is borrow without significant exportation?

They even want to borrow the future in the name of pensioners money.
You have said it all, wanting naira to be strengthened with production and exportation is simply voodoo economy.
Is it only naira currency that's on those platforms? Why always naira?
Insecurity has driven off many viable investors.
They keep on chasing after shadow
Re: Crypto Exchanges Start Delisting Of Naira From Platforms by Obierika(m): 2:30pm On May 17
72virginGATEWAY:
A mad republic

Canada that you people are rushing to relocate to is also taking steps to restrict crypto but a low self-esteem person like you will never criticise them!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crypto Exchanges Start Delisting Of Naira From Platforms by 72virginGATEWAY: 2:37pm On May 17
Obierika:

Canada that you people are rushing to relocate to is also taking steps to restrict crypto but a low self-esteem person like you will never criticise them!

You should notice Im not your mother
Re: Crypto Exchanges Start Delisting Of Naira From Platforms by steeltrust: 2:39pm On May 17
The naira will fall further and they list back

Confused bunch of leaders who stole power and don’t know what to do with it
Re: Crypto Exchanges Start Delisting Of Naira From Platforms by unbiased2021: 3:23pm On May 17
phemray:

Yes u a correct, but some people actually using the platform for evil and unpatriotic manipulations. Other countries respect Thier sovereignty but some Nigerians attitudes is to pull Nigeria down for Thier gains in terrorism financing among others

There’s no way the government wont have a clue to those who are financing terrorism, they can set example with few and others will get the message instead of punishing everyone, why is DSS and sister agencies there? We all can’t be unpatriotic or dislike our country so why punish the patriotic for the sins of the unpatriotic?
This country keep losing good brains daily cos of this kind of suffocation . I know so many guys who used to be in the military but now deserted and no longer in the country, special forces members too. How long can this keep going on?
Re: Crypto Exchanges Start Delisting Of Naira From Platforms by IamHonourable1: 3:25pm On May 17
Please my fellow traders, what's the implications for this directive, should I remove my funds from my trading wallet?
Re: Crypto Exchanges Start Delisting Of Naira From Platforms by 77up(m): 3:46pm On May 17
koms:
The truth is we have a long way to go and I'm not seeing any light at the end of the tunnel.

Except we have strong institutions that can combat corruption without any interference from politician we will keep moving one step forward several steps backward.
hmm
Re: Crypto Exchanges Start Delisting Of Naira From Platforms by 77up(m): 3:50pm On May 17
dapsoneh:
Na today you all enemies of the country has been saying this? Agent of doom gbogbo
Re: Crypto Exchanges Start Delisting Of Naira From Platforms by dapsoneh: 4:09pm On May 17
77up:
Na today you all enemies of the country has been saying this? Agent of doom gbogbo
go tell that tur father
Re: Crypto Exchanges Start Delisting Of Naira From Platforms by SEGLIZ: 4:42pm On May 17
HellVictorinho6:

Since u know govt wont listen 2 u, then form a better opposition 4 the economy

obi is buhari of 2015
if only you will be a member of the opposition then we are good to go.
Re: Crypto Exchanges Start Delisting Of Naira From Platforms by KushLyon(m): 4:47pm On May 17
Obagreatdatoye:

Genuine question, which person would the government tell to remove every exchange platform on telegram? The thousand of developers that maintain it? Telegram is an open source messaging app, there's no CEO, no director, there's nobody to hold responsible. Good luck to you and your foolish government in trying to shutdown exchange groups in telegram, you are obviously the one that knows nothing! I have bookmarked this page and will remind you again in some months from now to see if the exchange groups have been removed on telegram. Maybe you will tell your government to also remove crypto groups on Whatsapp and Facebook, mumu people

4 Likes

Re: Crypto Exchanges Start Delisting Of Naira From Platforms by litodude22: 4:50pm On May 17
I think they are preparing for 2027, boys no go get money to dey alright when protest start. So the plan is to remove naira from all crypto exchange, enforce cashless policy again and further limit dollars hmmmm
Re: Crypto Exchanges Start Delisting Of Naira From Platforms by ZEPHYREN(m): 5:03pm On May 17
samonak:
No wonder I tried to dispose my USDT in Binance thru P2P and I didn't see the Naira option.

We don hear otondo undecided undecided
Re: Crypto Exchanges Start Delisting Of Naira From Platforms by armadeo(m): 6:23pm On May 17
BannedUser:

Has anybody told you that writing in block letters on social media is the written equivalent of shouting, which irritating and rude. The problem is not Binance. Simply allowing banks and fintechs to provide services to all crypto exchanges will prevent all this drama. This is what all other countries that have some form of crypto regulation are doing. Crypto regulation does not require advanced technology. Banning interaction with banks encourages P2P trading which fosters fraud, crime and money laundering.

This solution is so glaring I wonder why it's an issue.
Re: Crypto Exchanges Start Delisting Of Naira From Platforms by Monimaker22: 6:51pm On May 17
cjudy:
Clown. Do they think it’s easy delisting P2P? These guys have gone far. They have the phone number of their fellow traders. Even without crypto website they trade bitcoin offline. Like the children of this politicians, why won’t they educate their father about the recent technology? You can never tamed anyone in this modern age. VPN and other tools are available for bypass. If the whole crypto company delist Naira, Chinese traders will still be trading with them. You don’t wonder why Chinese buy USA iTunes card and pay in Naira? Make una Dey play

Naija na wa for una, small shaking una go open mouth dey yan alternative wey u suppose close your mouth for, na why they keep getting updates from una complain dey useless and frustrate una. Keep your mouth shut no way, oversabi go kpai una

1 Like

Re: Crypto Exchanges Start Delisting Of Naira From Platforms by yummy001: 7:57pm On May 17
cjudy:

Yes. They buy gift cards from Nigeria and pay them in Naira.

Please how does this decentralised P2P works? Won't it be susceptible to scam if there is no reputable exchange platform like Binance or Bybit regulating it.. Kindly educate me. Thanks.
Re: Crypto Exchanges Start Delisting Of Naira From Platforms by cjudy(m): 8:47pm On May 17
yummy001:

Please how does this decentralised P2P works? Won't it be susceptible to scam if there is no reputable exchange platform like Binance or Bybit regulating it.. Kindly educate me. Thanks.
I don’t have idea but I think the users got a way they do it
Re: Crypto Exchanges Start Delisting Of Naira From Platforms by silaswills01(m): 9:17pm On May 17
koms:
The truth is we have a long way to go and I'm not seeing any light at the end of the tunnel.

Except we have strong institutions that can combat corruption without any interference from politician we will keep moving one step forward several steps backward.

Tunnel no even dey
Talk more of seeing light🥱😏
Re: Crypto Exchanges Start Delisting Of Naira From Platforms by HellVictorinho6(m): 11:31pm On May 17
SEGLIZ:
if only you will be a member of the opposition then we are good to go.

Am in

Call or text

Whatever will happen will happen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Happened To E-naira / Finally Revealing How I Make Steady Money Online / NNPC 20% Acquisition: Dangote Refinery May Drag Nigeria Into Further Debt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.