Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,591 members, 7,847,504 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 07:05 PM

Ghanaian Man Told He Is Not British After 42 Years In UK - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ghanaian Man Told He Is Not British After 42 Years In UK (28726 Views)

Before Vs Now: Mommy 60 Years In Nigeria Vs 4 Months In UK (video) / Ghanaian Man In Diaspora Gathers Snow To Send Back Home (video) / Ghanaian Man Grinds Pepper Inside An Airplane (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghanaian Man Told He Is Not British After 42 Years In UK by luminouz(m): 2:04pm On May 17
ednut1:
hunger induced rant. Get some food to eat
You see your arrogance and assumptive presumptions? Your ego automatically assume I'm poor because you are abroadian.

I am exactly where you are, punk!! But unlike you, I still retain my manners and culture!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghanaian Man Told He Is Not British After 42 Years In UK by Kellie069(m): 2:06pm On May 17
Timoleon:

In this scenario though, we don't have an individual who sees himself as an immigrant. He sees himself as a citizen. Back to the post you quoted. Most citizens of any given country do not have passports. They only get it when they need to travel.

It’s not about how he sees himself ! It’s about who the govt recognizes him as! He is not a citizen !!! Passport are for travels, true! But it’s also an identity carrier! You are a citizen of any country you possess their passport! And as an immigrant who came into the country for over 4 decades, if he doesn’t have his passport, then he’s just An African immigrant who resides there!

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Man Told He Is Not British After 42 Years In UK by omoredia: 2:13pm On May 17
Pennilessword1:

He made a mistake. But that's not to say he should be happy with where he is from. Not everyone Japa because they are looking for greener pastures. It's just unfortunate for him.

The colour of the black man is proof that he cannot be with the whites.
Re: Ghanaian Man Told He Is Not British After 42 Years In UK by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 2:18pm On May 17
He didn't cedis coming grin
Re: Ghanaian Man Told He Is Not British After 42 Years In UK by Timoleon(m): 2:19pm On May 17
Kellie069:

It’s not about how he sees himself ! It’s about who the govt recognizes him as! He is not a citizen !!! Passport are for travels, true! But it’s also an identity carrier! You are a citizen of any country you possess their passport! And as an immigrant who came into the country for over 4 decades, if he doesn’t have his passport, then he’s just An African immigrant who resides there!

Please I'm tired of unnecessary arguments. Go back to the original post I quoted and understand the context of my submission. Don't just create a context that suits you. A context already exists. The original person I quoted asked "if you don't have a passport of the country, how do you claim to be a citizen?'

Which I answered most citizens do not have passports.

It's pretty straightforward.
Re: Ghanaian Man Told He Is Not British After 42 Years In UK by 1Sharon(f): 2:21pm On May 17
ednut1:
He is at fault . Never applied for passport all this years, never left the country too. This man no get sense abeg

You're right. He just made assumptions all along.
Re: Ghanaian Man Told He Is Not British After 42 Years In UK by 1Sharon(f): 2:22pm On May 17
Blitzking:
How come some ppl are qualified to get the British passport after 5yrs of stay and work un the uk

Because it's now easier to obtain. Back then it used to take decades to get a British passport.

2 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Man Told He Is Not British After 42 Years In UK by Pennilessword1: 2:22pm On May 17
omoredia:

The colour of the black man is proof that he cannot be with the whites.

So you believe in segregation?

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Man Told He Is Not British After 42 Years In UK by okoroemeka(m): 2:25pm On May 17
Eriokanmi:
Plain truth. Same way one awkward-looking british lady made a poor remark of a British Nigerian lady by the name Ngozi Fulani, despite her role in the Royal family for years. An average white American sees black citizens as slave descendants. I hate to be profiled that way. I do tell them I'm Nigerian and african...and my family was never enslaved since the beginning of the creation.

No place like home. I refused to be American citizen for countless reasons. Anyone who wants to be foreign citizen is free to do that. I be African man, original.
the simple plain truth,almost every white person will always feel superior towards the black person,no matter how liberal they claim to be,it is deep down in their genetics and for. 76 yr old man to be struggling for citizenship after living in UK for ,50 yrs shows the type of person he is

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Man Told He Is Not British After 42 Years In UK by omoredia: 2:26pm On May 17
Pennilessword1:

So you believe in segregation?

Believe in what way? Even nature segregates.
Re: Ghanaian Man Told He Is Not British After 42 Years In UK by Benrosaria(m): 2:59pm On May 17
To those who travelled looking for citizenship,

you don't get what you don't give.

The white will take all they gave to you
Re: Ghanaian Man Told He Is Not British After 42 Years In UK by AfonjaConehead: 3:00pm On May 17
They should investigate his roots...he must be a coneheaded structure....na so dem dey black like charcoal grin
Re: Ghanaian Man Told He Is Not British After 42 Years In UK by WeLive: 3:04pm On May 17
He's not serious
ednut1:
Never travelled outside the country. Didn’t maintain his ghana passport too
Re: Ghanaian Man Told He Is Not British After 42 Years In UK by bayplus: 3:06pm On May 17
Kellie069:
But if you don’t have a passport of a country, then how do you claim to be a citizen?? You can reside and work in a country and enjoy every benefit that citizens enjoy but that doesn’t make you a citizen! For more than 40years, you didnt apply for passport because you thought it was your country, when nor be say na there dem for born you! You are an immigrant that has stay and work permit! That’s all
Not every British citizen has a passport, many do not intend to travel out of Britain till death.

But his argument his that, given his length of years he has spent with unblemished records, he has married British British ladies twice and have two successful adult kids who are doing well for themselves and the country, if he does not get special award for that, the least the home office can do is to hasten up and issue him a passport.

He probably does not know anyone else in Ghana or the way of life.

Going back to Ghana when he left as a student almost 50yrs ago will be a quick way to die.

He will be like a fish out of water. A total stranger. He will only live a lonely life, more so when he has no money to pay £7,000pounds. Ghanaians will only respect and welcome him back if he is loaded, not a liability.

So, in my opinion, his children should fight for him.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Man Told He Is Not British After 42 Years In UK by Yankee101: 3:55pm On May 17
The system is rigged against black people
Trump said it clearly that they prefer immigrants from white countries

One of the highest levels of illegal immigration in America, for example is Canada. But everyone is focused on South American immigrants while the Canadian border is wide open

Same with the UK. Eastern Europeans messed up their welfare system, that’s why they left the EU, but it’s the Africans that are in the news. But America is even better than the UK. America has a continuous stay law from a cut off date that allows you to stay as long as you’re law abiding

If you live abroad remember to file your necessary papers in a timely manner. No one will remind you, even your taxes until case wan start
Re: Ghanaian Man Told He Is Not British After 42 Years In UK by Jahwinaboy(m): 3:58pm On May 17
ednut1:
He is at fault . Never applied for passport all this years, never left the country too. This man no get sense abeg
I swear. Probably never liked home coming until the demise of his mother. Quite pathetic
Re: Ghanaian Man Told He Is Not British After 42 Years In UK by Ecbatana: 4:14pm On May 17
aycorporat:

grin grin grin
Is that not Kofi Kingston?

He later went to Ghana to present the WWE belt to the president

Exactly, thanks..
Re: Ghanaian Man Told He Is Not British After 42 Years In UK by ozo13(m): 4:21pm On May 17
mankan2k7:
U have seen it all, go back to Ghana.
you are not nice grin
Re: Ghanaian Man Told He Is Not British After 42 Years In UK by Tendd: 4:25pm On May 17
Length of stay does not guarantee you an automatic citizenship, you must apply for it,sir .You should know this since you lived there for so long and also read the tabloids.
Re: Ghanaian Man Told He Is Not British After 42 Years In UK by 123papas(m): 4:27pm On May 17
Very irresponsible man. He has not seen his mother for atleast 42 years. Now she is dead, he wants to go for burial.
Re: Ghanaian Man Told He Is Not British After 42 Years In UK by KTiana: 4:35pm On May 17
He is a foolish man and should be deported to go stay in Ghana and learn his culture. So, since 1977 he has not stepped foot to see his family. That was all I saw. Mchewwwwww!
Re: Ghanaian Man Told He Is Not British After 42 Years In UK by RaptorX: 6:01pm On May 17
Ghana six hours away and this clown never see fit to visit his parents.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Man Told He Is Not British After 42 Years In UK by Focusmind: 6:33pm On May 17
I don't understand why some of these older Africans don't like going home, even after working for years abroad. We have one that has been in UK for 47 years and has not set foot to Nigeria and our village. His brother recently died and he never bordered. My mum said when his parents died in the 90s, he didn't come. His only brother just died last month, and was recently buried, he didn't come home
Re: Ghanaian Man Told He Is Not British After 42 Years In UK by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:46pm On May 17
Focusmind:
I don't understand why some of these older Africans don't like going home, even after working for years abroad. We have one that has been in UK for 47 years and has not set foot to Nigeria and our village. His brother recently died and he never bordered. My mum said when his parents died in the 90s, he didn't come. His only brother just died last month, and was recently buried, he didn't come home

Probably they don't have any papers or still illegal.
Re: Ghanaian Man Told He Is Not British After 42 Years In UK by Rayd502(m): 8:38pm On May 17
condensedmilk:
Ghana embassy should give him passport to visit Ghana

Then he will require a visa to come back to UK.
Re: Ghanaian Man Told He Is Not British After 42 Years In UK by Rayd502(m): 8:39pm On May 17
123papas:
Very irresponsible man. He has not seen his mother for atleast 42 years. Now she is dead, he wants to go for burial.

Real foolish man.
Re: Ghanaian Man Told He Is Not British After 42 Years In UK by Emdebby2: 10:17pm On May 17
EnglishUsa:
He is too dark to be given UK citizenship grin grin
This quote got me laughing in Swahili 🤣
Re: Ghanaian Man Told He Is Not British After 42 Years In UK by Gerrard59(m): 1:03am On May 18
Eriokanmi:
Plain truth. Same way one awkward-looking british lady made a poor remark of a British Nigerian lady by the name Ngozi Fulani, despite her role in the Royal family for years. An average white American sees black citizens as slave descendants. I hate to be profiled that way. I do tell them I'm Nigerian and african...and my family was never enslaved since the beginning of the creation.

No place like home. I refused to be American citizen for countless reasons. Anyone who wants to be foreign citizen is free to do that. I be African man, original.

I think it is largely because no black-dominated country is developed and measures up to Western countries. Chinese in the West know that there exist Chinese-dominated enclaves they can return to if the discrimination gets too worse (as it is currently happening). That said, having foreign citizenship can be good for employment and travel, but one should not forget his/her roots. Our people have this belief that by having British or American passports, they become an integral part of both countries' histories. No be so.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghanaian Man Told He Is Not British After 42 Years In UK by Gerrard59(m): 1:06am On May 18
ednut1:
the concept of sending money to parents doesn’t exist for children born abroad. His current legal fees that he cant afford, did you hear any of his children assisting?

That one shocked me sef. He wasn't even assisted in filling out his form. The sons no try.

Ednut, how does one prevent such an occurrence where pikin fit forget the papa wellbeing? embarassed
Re: Ghanaian Man Told He Is Not British After 42 Years In UK by Gerrard59(m): 1:07am On May 18
samsard:
What stood out to me was the fact that the man has not visited his mom all those years until she died. Like what the fudge,

And see how his sons couldn't even contribute to his finances. Be like say Karma is real. shocked
Re: Ghanaian Man Told He Is Not British After 42 Years In UK by Gerrard59(m): 1:11am On May 18
XtraFortunes:

Please who was he referring to in this statement?

Jonathan and Niger Delta politicians in how they were deceived by Fulani political elites. Today, he too got deceived by Yoruba political elites.

grin
Re: Ghanaian Man Told He Is Not British After 42 Years In UK by Gerrard59(m): 1:15am On May 18
Focusmind:

Interesting. I look forward to see how this generation of japa folks would do theirs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Amazing Kaman K-MAX “Aerial Truck” Cargo Helicopter With Two Crossing Blades / Train Crushes Deaf And Dumb Graduate To Death In Lagos (Graphic Photos) / Early Christmas For Residents As Truck Carrying Alcohol Had An Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.