Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,628 members, 7,847,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 10:44 PM

Ghanaian Man Told He Is Not British After 42 Years In UK - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ghanaian Man Told He Is Not British After 42 Years In UK (28729 Views)

Before Vs Now: Mommy 60 Years In Nigeria Vs 4 Months In UK (video) / Ghanaian Man In Diaspora Gathers Snow To Send Back Home (video) / Ghanaian Man Grinds Pepper Inside An Airplane (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghanaian Man Told He Is Not British After 42 Years In UK by ednut1(m): 2:44am On May 18
Gerrard59:

That one shocked me sef. He wasn't even assisted in filling out his form. The sons no try.

Ednut, how does one prevent such an occurrence where pikin fit forget the papa wellbeing? embarassed
secure your future/ retirement

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Man Told He Is Not British After 42 Years In UK by anyilalaz: 5:46am On May 18
Eriokanmi:
Plain truth. Same way one awkward-looking british lady made a poor remark of a British Nigerian lady by the name Ngozi Fulani, despite her role in the Royal family for years. An average white American sees black citizens as slave descendants. I hate to be profiled that way. I do tell them I'm Nigerian and african...and my family was never enslaved since the beginning of the creation.

No place like home. I refused to be American citizen for countless reasons. Anyone who wants to be foreign citizen is free to do that. I be African man, original.

oil dey your head

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Man Told He Is Not British After 42 Years In UK by Focusmind: 6:27am On May 18
Gerrard59:

Interesting. I look forward to see how this generation of japa folks would do theirs.

Some of the current ones are still in touch with home. Remember that some travelled abroad purely on economic reasons and not because they didnt like home. The problem would be their children. Some of their children may never knew their homes, grandparents and cousins in their lifetime. I have some that have taken the difficult path of bringing their children to school in Nigeria just to get to know Nigeria and their home town. One will be sending his 13 year old son to stay in my house as he would starting secondary school in September.
Re: Ghanaian Man Told He Is Not British After 42 Years In UK by Love800(m): 6:58am On May 18
What is the difference between what he wrote and what you typed?
Kellie069:

Not for an immigrant!!! After spending the required years and meeting the citizenship requirements, you are to apply for citizenship and when you pass, then you become a passport holder, which makes you a citizen of that country!
Re: Ghanaian Man Told He Is Not British After 42 Years In UK by XtraFortunes: 9:28am On May 18
Gerrard59:

Jonathan and Niger Delta politicians in how they were deceived by Fulani political elites. Today, he too got deceived by Yoruba political elites.

grin

Thank you very much cheesy
Re: Ghanaian Man Told He Is Not British After 42 Years In UK by hansomb: 4:54pm On May 18
ednut1:
He is at fault . Never applied for passport all this years, never left the country too. This man no get sense abeg
effect of chronic procastination. Man be like I will do it tomorrow, there's still time.
Re: Ghanaian Man Told He Is Not British After 42 Years In UK by Gerrard59(m): 7:20am On May 19
Focusmind:

Some of the current ones are still in touch with home. Remember that some travelled abroad purely on economic reasons and not because they didnt like home. The problem would be their children. Some of their children may never knew their homes, grandparents and cousins in their lifetime. I have some that have taken the difficult path of bringing their children to school in Nigeria just to get to know Nigeria and their home town. One will be sending his 13 year old son to stay in my house as he would starting secondary school in September.

I agree with your first line. As for the bold, that is true as well. The Nigerian pastor here gisted me how his daughter who was less than 10 when they relocated is still fascinated with Nigeria, but his son who is two years younger than her isn't interested in anything about Africa, Nigeria or even the English language. Or the Nigerian man in his 50s who is now a grand-dad and children have never visited Nigeria in his 29 years' residence here.

You win some, you lose some.

3 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Man Told He Is Not British After 42 Years In UK by ChybuzzDD(m): 8:17am On May 19
luminouz:

You see your arrogance and assumptive presumptions? Your ego automatically assume I'm poor because you are abroadian.

I am exactly where you are, punk!! But unlike you, I still retain my manners and culture!!

Sometimes, that guy talks in a very disgusting way
Re: Ghanaian Man Told He Is Not British After 42 Years In UK by AngelicBeing: 9:21am On May 19
As at today 19/5/24, 30,000 British Pounds has been contributed by different people to the man in England to fight the case in the court, good news to the man cool

2 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Man Told He Is Not British After 42 Years In UK by Ilekokonit: 12:05am On May 20
Lesson to learn is to apply for citizenship as soon as you are allowed to and don't wait until they either deport you like the Windrush generation from the Carribean or the costs skyrocket to almost £20,000 or stretch to a 10 year wait for ordinary citizenship that does not guarantee Jack.

When I brought my Ex wife to the UK years ago, I don't think it cost me up to £300 if even that and at Heathrow airport, she got one year on arrival and a year later got indefinite stay and there was nothing like the over exorbitant £1,035 per year health surcharge 'cos back then NHS health treatment was free for ALL including illegal immigrants. But now if you try bringing in a spouse to the UK for settlement visa, you will pay through your nose over so many years that you will be lucky if you spend less than £20,000 in fees before he or she gets indefinite stay.

And this does not even guarantee that the marriage will last ?
Re: Ghanaian Man Told He Is Not British After 42 Years In UK by maternal: 2:16am On May 20
bayplus:

Not every British citizen has a passport, many do not intend to travel out of Britain till death.

But his argument his that, given his length of years he has spent with unblemished records, he has married British British ladies twice and have two successful adult kids who are doing well for themselves and the country, if he does not get special award for that, the least the home office can do is to hasten up and issue him a passport.

He probably does not know anyone else in Ghana or the way of life.

Going back to Ghana when he left as a student almost 50yrs ago will be a quick way to die.

He will be like a fish out of water. A total stranger. He will only live a lonely life, more so when he has no money to pay £7,000pounds. Ghanaians will only respect and welcome him back if he is loaded, not a liability.

So, in my opinion, his children should fight for him.

His children view him as an idiot. They won't help him. They probably have their own families. This is not Africa. The laws in the west are followed and enforced 99 9% of the time. Did he take the exam ? Did he swear alligence to the Queen ? Etc. He's a grown man. He should be dealing with facts, not feelings. How can a grown man feel like a citizen, therefore he must be a citizen ? lol

I've seen Africans like him abroad. They bring their lawlessness abroad. Then they get surprised when they can't cope in a law abiding country. Follow the laws or go back to Ghana. Simple

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Amazing Kaman K-MAX “Aerial Truck” Cargo Helicopter With Two Crossing Blades / Train Crushes Deaf And Dumb Graduate To Death In Lagos (Graphic Photos) / Early Christmas For Residents As Truck Carrying Alcohol Had An Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.