Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,016 members, 7,859,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 04:03 PM

As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) (24703 Views)

Quit Notice To A Tenant / Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice? / My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by bionixs: 8:01pm On May 19
ravensckar:
I once lived in an apartment where the landlord said 'No generator'. Funny enough, he didn't inform me before-hand. It was after I packed in and was unloading, he saw my generator and told me about the rule. angry angry

I calmly told him that I've heard and will abide. That rule prompted me to construct an iron cage for my generator. Any time it's hot, I'll just turn on my generator, enter my house and turn the music so loud that ain't gonna hear sh1t. He shouted, cussed and threatened fire & brimstone. For where? His children too threatened but I stood my ground. sad sad

Once he brought Policemen and we went to the station, nothing happened. Even he too knew nothing would come out of it when the Police people too turned on their gen for the D.P.O. cheesy cheesy

The Baba got tired and resigned to fate. He said he'll evict me after my rent expired, too bad I paid for 2 years. cheesy cheesy

After that incident, every other tennant became inspired and started using their generators. When our transformer got spoilt and the heat became unbearable, even Oga Landlord too bought a brand new generator. We all went to congratulate him for finally joining the clique. Las las, I and Baba became good friends until I left the compound about 4 years later. cheesy cheesy cheesy
correct man !
Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by bionixs: 8:03pm On May 19
tanigororo:
I never get landlord
You are either living under a mango tree or under your Father's roof
Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by Saladdin: 8:09pm On May 19
maasoap:

No be this short life again? That people sleep in the evening and don't wake up the next day or go out in the morning and don't come back in the evening. Life shouldn't be taken that too seriously. Your tenants who are living in your house? When whites and Arabs are even packaging their own fruits and hanging it in front of their houses for strangers and passers-by to grab if they need it!

Bro, any wonder why Nigeria is unnecessarily hard down to the communal level. For God's sake, even common fruits! See how the man you quoted was justifying the landlord's action (though I understand that some tenants too are wicked).

I used to have one landlord like that. He doubles as a pastor, but he's the opposite of what he preaches and also the definition of pure evil and very fetish. This I saw with my very own eyes

Because he's got the police and some judges in his pocket, He throws people out in the rain, he sleeps with widows and female members of his church, he takes over people's properties. Right in the compound. I hated the man right from when he threw someone out and also made an attempt on my cat's life.

But before I left the house, I dragged the modafucker to Civil Defence and treated his fuckup well. He was very surprised, and my action emboldened other tenants to take similar action. I heard that he was locked up by another tenant in that same Civil Defence Cell.

To this day, he keeps telling people that I took him to Civil Defence. Don't allow any useless person to trample on your rights and walk scot-free.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by ASAPFERG: 8:21pm On May 19
newbornmacho:
I hate tenancy business. None of my properties is leased
As in!!!
I will rather build guesthouse than rental property
Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by Sirseedorf(m): 8:52pm On May 19
For now no rules, it's just morning sir, how are you sir, with maximum prayers, I pray it continue like that.

Though I've heard some weird stuffs " like visitors shouldn't be more than 3.
Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by gare2510(m): 9:19pm On May 19
Really

Mrtaye:

Bathroom water should be channeled to the drainage and not soakaway.... he's right
Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by rollywise(m): 9:36pm On May 19
JuanDeDios:

Honestly, that gen own for make sense if she's willing to renegotiate the time to suit me. I hate generator noise.

Lol I no do. Na small small e dey start. No be she go tell me when light do dey my house
Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by Mom007(f): 9:46pm On May 19
maasoap:

No be this short life again? That people sleep in the evening and don't wake up the next day or go out in the morning and don't come back in the evening. Life shouldn't be taken that too seriously. Your tenants who are living in your house? When whites and Arabs are even packaging their own fruits and hanging it in front of their houses for strangers and passers-by to grab if they need it!

Maybe he sells them...

4 Likes

Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by gbangban1: 10:29pm On May 19
My landlady said, Frequent visiting of girl friends will not be tolerate, but she added once a while because we are human and we may have feelings, I reply her, ok ma with smile πŸ˜„
Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by osas03(m): 10:37pm On May 19
Henry2405:
People whose landlords live in the same house are trying πŸ˜“...

share with us

Mine was during my school days; she said you can’t fu*k during the day except at night
Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by airsaylongcome: 10:43pm On May 19
Mrtaye:

Bathroom water should be channeled to the drainage and not soakaway.... he's right

Is this a standard? As in if I looked at the Nigerian building code (assuming it exists), it says waste water (kitchen and bathroom) are channeled to public drainage?
Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by favour32(m): 10:59pm On May 19
Way back,
my landlord na interesting man.
The weird grin grin rules na,
(1)you go always come out from your flat and join am to eat whenever he dey eat outside especially in the evening.
(2)You go always sit beside am, make una dey tory till late evening.

Any tenant wey nor adhere to these rules nor dey stay long for that house.

Generally, the landlord nor dey worry tenants except you nor dey socially inclined.

Way back. shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by lacasera14(m): 11:01pm On May 19
jmoore:

Soakaway should not be filled because of washing of clothes. Maybe, your soakaway was not constructed properly.
Why should it go to the septic tank when it can easily flow to the gutter outside. Regardless of how you build it, if everyone is washing inside the bathroom it'll fill faster especially if you live in swampy areas. The landlord is right on this one.
Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by Mrtaye: 12:09am On May 20
Akell:

Haba bros, small small naw. Which drainage? You want make everywhere dey smell? You sef reason am, imagine everyone on your street channels their bath water to the drainage, how pleasant do you think it'll be?
Bathroom water is not same as faeces water naw don't get it twisted....no one is saying they should flush water closet into gutter naw
Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by Mrtaye: 12:11am On May 20
airsaylongcome:

Is this a standard? As in if I looked at the Nigerian building code (assuming it exists), it says waste water (kitchen and bathroom) are channeled to public drainage?
Kitchen and bathroom water is not same as faeces water that is being flushed into the soakaway naw
Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by ShayGirl(f): 1:20am On May 20
1.No pounding of any kind of food simply because we live upstairs with them… not like they had tenants on the ground floor till we left sef.(the funny thing is u will see series of palmkernel in the dustbin outside).

2. No playing of music. (Like , who adheres to that?)
Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by Ilekokonit: 1:34am On May 20
A prospective elderly landlord off Allen Avenue Ikeja said he hoped that as a bachelor I will not be carrying yellow woman today and black one tomorrow to the flat. I immediately knew I would not rent the flat especially since the landlord lives in a flat in the compound.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by Karleb(m): 1:57am On May 20
2Radii:
when u finally build ur own house, let every Tom and dick be washing their clothes and be flushing the water into the pit

I find it funny how how some of you humble brag about being a landlord.

In my quarters, almost everyone has their own house.

Water is meant to be flushed down the pit.
Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by Uzomau84: 3:41am On May 20
Do not lean on the wall as you will be staining my pain. Do not seat on the mini fence as you will be weakening my fence. Have never seen a landlord like illiterate baba.n Kwara. I even learnt he didn't build the house, that the house belong to igbos who abandoned their property after the war. The house used to be on Asani street bariga. Learnt his polygamous children have finally sold the building.
Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by naijastusa: 3:45am On May 20
ately1:
My landlord said no dancing in the compound.. πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Did he put this sign in the compound? Some landlords sef grin grin grin grin grin

Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by Matabue1985: 5:33am On May 20
Henry2405:
People whose landlords live in the same house are trying πŸ˜“...

share with us
my landlord said no smoking of cigarette in his compound and am a chain smoker after landlord complain tire I continue with my smoking wetin him go do? Him kuku leave man pikin alone and till date he does not complain anymore and 2 other Tennant don follow suit and join me for the compound smoking things
Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by maasoap(m): 6:02am On May 20
Mom007:

Maybe he sells them...
No, he wouldn't allow it to fall before plucking them. The ones that fall are not good enough anymore for sale.

2 Likes

Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by maasoap(m): 6:06am On May 20
Saladdin:

Bro, any wonder why Nigeria is unnecessarily hard down to the communal level. For God's sake, even common fruits! See how the dunce you quoted was justifying the landlord's action.

I used to have one landlord like that. He doubles as a pastor, but he's the opposite of what he preaches and also the definition of pure evil and very fetish. This I saw with my very own eyes

Because he's got the police and some judges in his pocket, He throws people out in the rain, he sleeps with widows and female members of his church, he takes over people's properties. Right in the compound. I hated the man right from when he threw someone out and also made an attempt on my cat's life.

But before I left the house, I dragged the modafucker to Civil Defence and treated his fuckup well. He was very surprised, and my action emboldened other tenants to take similar action. I heard that he was locked up by another tenant in that same Civil Defence Cell.

To this day, he keeps telling people that I took him to Civil Defence. Don't allow any useless person to trample on your rights and walk scot-free.

Nigerians carry God and worship on their heads like gala, yet they don't know that God. They don't practise what they preach or what is preached to them at all.

1 Like

Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by Love800(m): 6:08am On May 20
I still dont get the difference.
I thought both were the same thing.
BeigJawnson:

There are of two,
1. Is septic tank
2. Soakaway

The septic tank is constructed in a way that anything that goes into it can't get away till it is filled unlike soakaway... As the name implies, it soak away anything that goes into it.

Septic tank are mostly used in areas that are sandfilled and not a natural land...
Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by Zaheertyler(m): 6:08am On May 20
Joy2dworldxyz:

Hmm, my landlord say I should not smoke inside the compound o...

Na so I park commot because me na smoker, I come enter another yard na so the landlady for that one say make I no fry anything cos she dae fear fire outburst.

My people d matter no easy o
Omo
Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by tanigororo: 9:47am On May 20
bionixs:
You are either living under a mango tree or under your Father's roof
Option no complete:
-Squatting
--Oshodi Under Bridge
---My Own House
---Camper Can
---Hotel
Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by toygod2: 10:17am On May 20
No rearing of pet
Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by qtx(m): 11:21am On May 20
ravensckar:
I once lived in an apartment where the landlord said 'No generator'. Funny enough, he didn't inform me before-hand. It was after I packed in and was unloading, he saw my generator and told me about the rule. angry angry

I calmly told him that I've heard and will abide. That rule prompted me to construct an iron cage for my generator. Any time it's hot, I'll just turn on my generator, enter my house and turn the music so loud that ain't gonna hear sh1t. He shouted, cussed and threatened fire & brimstone. For where? His children too threatened but I stood my ground. sad sad

Once he brought Policemen and we went to the station, nothing happened. Even he too knew nothing would come out of it when the Police people too turned on their gen for the D.P.O. cheesy cheesy

The Baba got tired and resigned to fate. He said he'll evict me after my rent expired, too bad I paid for 2 years. cheesy cheesy

After that incident, every other tennant became inspired and started using their generators. When our transformer got spoilt and the heat became unbearable, even Oga Landlord too bought a brand new generator. We all went to congratulate him for finally joining the clique. Las las, I and Baba became good friends until I left the compound about 4 years later. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Shege jagwa! u be correct ogbologbo ONE
Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by OKOATA(m): 11:55am On May 20
Uzomau84:
Do not lean on the wall as you will be staining my pain. Do not seat on the mini fence as you will be weakening my fence. Have never seen a landlord like illiterate baba.n Kwara. I even learnt he didn't build the house, that the house belong to igbos who abandoned their property after the war. The house used to be on Asani street bariga. Learnt his polygamous children have finally sold the building.
Baba about the mini-fence the man's very right. I witnessed tenants sitting on mini-fence and it collapsed and about the painting yes I agree with him too, some people will just carry their dirty legs and stain the wall paints.

2 Likes

Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by Swaelyf(f): 12:51pm On May 20
ppl with washing machine?
2Radii:
same with my house and its understandable..

But why would you?? U want to fill the soakaway before its due??
Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by Swaelyf(f): 12:53pm On May 20
he has an image to uphold na grin he doesnt even want someone judging you to mistakenly look towards him too
KingLennon:
He doesn't like guys bringing girls to the compound but I don jam am for ashawo quarters thrice cheesy
Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by Akell(m): 12:56pm On May 20
Mrtaye:

Bathroom water is not same as faeces water naw don't get it twisted....no one is saying they should flush water closet into gutter naw

Yeah! I said bath water. Bathwater smells as a result of the soaps we use in bathing. Technically, the soaps make the bathwater smell.

So, Imagine 10 households on a street using all kinds of soaps to bath, how do you think their drainage system will smell like? Bro, it all be inhabitable.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

60,000 Naira Per Acre Of Land For Sale In Owode-ogbomosho / 3 BED LUXURY APARTMENTS AT TREASURE HOMES ILASA MUSHIN / Gravitex Paint For Walls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.