Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,010 members, 7,859,612 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 03:32 PM

As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) (24702 Views)

Quit Notice To A Tenant / Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice? / My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by McLizbae: 12:57pm On May 20
If your soakaway fills up because of washing water, what you have down there is just a bowl and never a soakaway grin
2Radii:
when u finally build ur own house, let every Tom and dick be washing their clothes and be flushing the water into the pit

1 Like

Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by Mrtaye: 3:00pm On May 20
Akell:

Yeah! I said bath water. Bathwater smells as a result of the soaps we use in bathing. Technically, the soaps make the bathwater smell.

So, Imagine 10 households on a street using all kinds of soaps to bath, how do you think their drainage system will smell like? Bro, it all be inhabitable.
In some areas drainages are covered and some are constructed and properly channeled.... waste water will fill up the soakaway from time to time and you have to keep calling soakaway packers
Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by BeigJawnson(m): 7:17pm On May 20
Love800:
I still dont get the difference.
I thought both were the same thing.

Soakaways are constructed by digging the ground, blocks are being set inside with spaces in between but no plastering on the walls inside the ground. So any waste going inside will be soaked away.

But the latter, it can't soak away waste becos the walls are plastered...

1 Like

Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by Akell(m): 7:36pm On May 20
Mrtaye:

In some areas drainages are covered and some are constructed and properly channeled.... waste water will fill up the soakaway from time to time and you have to keep calling soakaway packers

Let's face reality. How many drainages are covered in this Nigeria? If you go through my comments here, I stated that there are soak aways specifically built to accommodate kitchen and bathroom wastes. They don't get filled up because the floor isn't plastered. The water gets absorbed by the surrounding soil. This is different from the septic tank where fecal/toilet wastes goes. The floor of those ones are plastered and can get filled up. Only toilet wastes goes in there. Mind you, channelling bathroom wastes into drainages either covered or not, causes water pollution during flood.
Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by Love800(m): 8:05pm On May 20
Okay.
So the septic tank, how does it get leveled or drained when filled up?
BeigJawnson:

Soakaways are constructed by digging the ground, blocks are being set inside with spaces in between but no plastering on the walls inside the ground. So any waste going inside will be soaked away.

But the latter, it can't soak away waste becos the walls are plastered...
Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by BeigJawnson(m): 8:08pm On May 20
Love800:
Okay.
So the septic tank, how does it get leveled or drained when filled up?

That is why you see those big tankers coming into some estates, to suck out the wastes and everywhere is unpleasant with bad odour...

Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by WINDSOW(m): 8:14pm On May 20
Enemyofpeace:
We can only shiiiit in the latrine once in a day. No male tenant should talk to any of his wives and daughters, but I managed to fok two of them.
DJ YK mule!
Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by Love800(m): 8:14pm On May 20
Educative.
Thank you.

But why cant they just put soak-aways instead of septic tanks which require calling tankers to suck-out?
BeigJawnson:

That is why you see those big tankers coming into some estates, to suck out the wastes and everywhere is unpleasant with bad odour...
Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by Mrtaye: 8:18pm On May 20
Akell:

Let's face reality. How many drainages are covered in this Nigeria? If you go through my comments here, I stated that there are soak aways specifically built to accommodate kitchen and bathroom wastes. They don't get filled up because the floor isn't plastered. The water gets absorbed by the surrounding soil. This is different from the septic tank where fecal/toilet wastes goes. The floor of those ones are plastered and can get filled up. Only toilet wastes goes in there. Mind you, channelling bathroom wastes into drainages either covered or not, causes water pollution during flood.
I get your point but the reality is majority channel their waste water into the gutter as it's not everyone that will afford to build soakaway for faeces and also budget another soakaway for waste water too except the person is extremely rich
Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by BeigJawnson(m): 9:40pm On May 20
Love800:
Educative.
Thank you.

But why cant they just put soak-aways instead of septic tanks which require calling tankers to suck-out?

It is the type of land... Some people get swampy land and put in these type of septic tank. If they don't plaster the walls inside, water will be penetrating from the underground. But dry land don't have this type of issue... It soaks out any waste and water doesn't penetrate through from underground.

Tho soakaways too can be filled so fast that one will need to call those tankers to come suck out becos of heavy usage of toilets...

1 Like

Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by Elohe001: 10:20am On May 21
Sheuns:
At first when I got the apartment, my landlady said she only wanted to rent it out to a married couple but after a while she agreed, she put up normal rules and stuff as most landlords do and I had no issues because I wasn’t living in right away.

Fast forward to almost 2 years there she has adopted me as one of her children. All her children are abroad. When I’m home, I go to her flat to gist, most times she invites me. If she doesn’t see me, she calls to check up on me.

She has literally become my mother. She is a disciplined woman being a retired soldier, but I can tell she really likes me. She always compared me to one of her sons (her favorite I guess).

I was just patient with her from the onset and never was I rude to her once.
She want make you Bleep am......if another Sharp nigga Bleep am,she go show you say old solja no dey die
Note: I am still not married and she doesn’t even ask when I’m getting married.
Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by Elohe001: 10:28am On May 21
Sheuns:
At first when I got the apartment, my landlady said she only wanted to rent it out to a married couple but after a while she agreed, she put up normal rules and stuff as most landlords do and I had no issues because I wasn’t living in right away.

Fast forward to almost 2 years there she has adopted me as one of her children. All her children are abroad. When I’m home, I go to her flat to gist, most times she invites me. If she doesn’t see me, she calls to check up on me.

She has literally become my mother. She is a disciplined woman being a retired soldier, but I can tell she really likes me. She always compared me to one of her sons (her favorite I guess).

I've always heard people say "don't live in the same compound with your landlord or landlady" I thought it was a joke till I moved into one.

Once it's 4pm, closing hour and I remember I'll be going back to the compound, my mind skips. Its as if one is married to a troublesome wife. Nothing I've not seen here. She moves into my space when I've left for work, damages my burglary locks at intervals and claims its rain that spoilt it, no privacy, monitors my calls, places fetish things on my door post, determines when my tv will be on or off by maneuvering my current, all manner of things I've never seen in my life.

The worst is, she is a widow and during my early times as a new tenant, she always brings up erotic talk and demanding for money. Since I refused to give her any, its been hell all through, but I will move out whether the devil likes it or not...he own case go soon be like this one if you no Bleep dt bitch come become indirect landlord... Dey play
Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by Akell(m): 10:59am On May 21
Mrtaye:

I get your point but the reality is majority channel their waste water into the gutter as it's not everyone that will afford to build soakaway for faeces and also budget another soakaway for waste water too except the person is extremely rich

Well, on the contrary, it's not for the extremely rich. This soak away is neither deep nor wide. An 8 year old can stand inside and get out without help. Anyone who could dig the big one for fecal waste should be able to dig this. I think it bothers on enlightenment and effective housing regulations.
Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by Love800(m): 12:14pm On May 21
Thanks so much.
This is awesome.
I appreciate.
BeigJawnson:

It is the type of land... Some people get swampy land and put in these type of septic tank. If they don't plaster the walls inside, water will be penetrating from the underground. But dry land don't have this type of issue... It soaks out any waste and water doesn't penetrate through from underground.

Tho soakaways too can be filled so fast that one will need to call those tankers to come suck out becos of heavy usage of toilets...

1 Like

Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by BeigJawnson(m): 2:11pm On May 21
Love800:
Thanks so much.
This is awesome.
I appreciate.

All thanks to God my brother .... You are mostly welcome.
Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by Gentlesoul2021(m): 3:03pm On May 21
Sheuns:

She must be one of the few mother's that doesn't hasten or pressurise their ward with marriage.
What about her husband, she must av been very lonely and find your company worthwhile...
Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by Gentlesoul2021(m): 3:05pm On May 21
Otuegbe:
It was a face me face you compound. About 16 rooms and more than 40 occupants. The Land lady said the toilet should only be flushed once a day. Reason is that frequent pouring water inside the toilet will cause the soak away to full.
One toilet one bathroom.
Okpoko

So she want u all to be piling shit so as to flush altogether.... Gosh what's this ...

1 Like

Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by Gentlesoul2021(m): 3:09pm On May 21
Galinton:
1:Come back before 6pm. 2:you must greet them before you leave for work in the morning 3:you must fetch water for her from the well if it is your turn. 4: don't talk too much. E.t.c

Lol she for kuku said make u hold Ur rent Na
Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by Gentlesoul2021(m): 3:13pm On May 21
ASAPFERG:
As in!!!
I will rather build guesthouse than rental property

I know of a man who said he will never build house for rent or such. Man just build two 3 bedroom flat in his compound with 3 cars and keep fixing his money in the bank. He said that give him peace of mind...

2 Likes

Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by Gentlesoul2021(m): 3:30pm On May 21
Mrtaye:

Extremely rich bawo

The septic tank and soakaway are dig together as two facet opening in such a way the first opening will be plastered majorly For toilet waste and the second opening will be for bathroom waste. That year wey everything cheap oo I dug one, I paid the labourer 15k for digging. Bought blocks for laying, cement for plastering and concrete stone for casting. I didn't spend upto 50k for everything with Manson workmanship sef...

1 Like

Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by ASAPFERG: 4:14pm On May 21
Gentlesoul2021:

I know of a man who said he will never build house for rent or such. Man just build two 3 bedroom flat in his compound with 3 cars and keep fixing his money in the bank. He said that give him peace of mind...
i know of a millionaire who don't own any other house apart from his private home.

He owns about six different guesthouses.

1 Like

Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by Gentlesoul2021(m): 7:30pm On May 21
ASAPFERG:
i know of a millionaire who don't own any other house apart from his private home.

He owns about six different guesthouses.

Tenancy business will show u shege.. some tenant go frustrate Una. Look at what happen to Former Ekiti State governor brother wic graced the front page, a tenant didn't pay for 3years Nd still go ahead to suit him...
This is just using Ur money to start a high blood pressure business...
Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by ASAPFERG: 7:37pm On May 21
Gentlesoul2021:

Tenancy business will show u shege.. some tenant go frustrate Una. Look at what happen to Former Ekiti State governor brother wic graced the front page, a tenant didn't pay for 3years Nd still go ahead to suit him...
This is just using Ur money to start a high blood pressure business...
gbam

1 Like

Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by IyaTola: 5:16am On May 22
maasoap:

To avoid overcrowding the compound or what?
Yes and most especially on the facilities such as toilet

2 Likes

Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by IyaTola: 5:18am On May 22
ASAPFERG:
As in!!!
I will rather build guesthouse than rental property
How about over head expenses and maintenance
Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by IyaTola: 5:19am On May 22
newbornmacho:
I hate tenancy business. None of my properties is leased
Why?
Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by ASAPFERG: 7:12am On May 22
IyaTola:
How about over head expenses and maintenance
you will still maintain rental property
Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by newbornmacho(m): 10:05am On May 22
IyaTola:
Why?

Tenants and their problems
Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by IyaTola: 5:25pm On May 25
grin
newbornmacho:

Tenants and their problems
Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by Juliearth(f): 7:00am On Jun 05
jmoore:

How is it extreme? Did the tenant pay for the fruits when rent was paid?

I would have a better perspective to your question if the landlord planted those trees himself.
Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by jmoore(m): 9:20am On Jun 05
Juliearth:

I would have a better perspective to your question if the landlord planted those trees himself.
He is a landlord, why should a tenant plant a tree?
Re: As A Tenant, Share Some Rules Your Landlord Made For The House.(pics) by Juliearth(f): 4:30pm On Jun 05
jmoore:

He is a landlord, why should a tenant plant a tree?

It seems we are talking about different things here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

60,000 Naira Per Acre Of Land For Sale In Owode-ogbomosho / 3 BED LUXURY APARTMENTS AT TREASURE HOMES ILASA MUSHIN / Gravitex Paint For Walls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.