Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,620 members, 7,847,599 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 09:54 PM

Saudi Arabia Stages ‘Historic’ Swimwear Fashion Show - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Saudi Arabia Stages ‘Historic’ Swimwear Fashion Show (27394 Views)

Russia Stages Massive Invasion War Games Off Ukraine(Pix) / China Stages Massive ‘taiwan Invasion’ Drills(Pix, Video) / World War 3 : North Korea Nuclear Weapons In Final Stages (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saudi Arabia Stages ‘Historic’ Swimwear Fashion Show by Fujiyama: 8:29am On May 18
YSBidam89:
many here are busy insulting muslims in north. I just want to let you all know, being half naked is not a sign of being forward or progressive as some are busy calling them backwards

^^^
This is true.

But let the Saudis deal with their own problems.

I am more concerned with Nigeria's own (very serious) issues and unanswered questions. Questions such as why the Tinubu administration subsidized hajj operations this year with a colossal N90 billion. undecided

Pilgrimage by religious groups does nothing for me. I question why and how the federal government should be able to so casually dispense public money for a religious rite that excludes me 100%. undecided

These are the questions that need answers - not what Saudi fashion designers are cooking.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Stages ‘Historic’ Swimwear Fashion Show by Bishopadaidu(m): 8:31am On May 18
89green:
As an individual Muslim, just make sure you stick to the Qur'an and Sunnah, hold am tight.

My brother or sister, na death sure pass for this life, if Allaah takes you, what is left with you are your deeds, your Islam.

Dont dull yourself o, make sure your solah is consistent, fast and also make charity and continue to improve your understanding about Islaam, genuinely.

Saudi or any Muslim Nation is not the yard stick, yard stick na Qur'an and Sunnah.
Jihad come Saudi is our yardstick
Sharia come Saudi is our yardstick
Support for Muslim brother hating other religions Saudi is our yardstick
Now cultural assimilation comes in Sun ah is our yardstick not Saudi again

2 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Stages ‘Historic’ Swimwear Fashion Show by Mamapikinnimi(m): 8:32am On May 18
As a Muslim we follow the teachings of the Holy prophet through Quran and Sunnah and not through the practice of Saudi Arabia.
Re: Saudi Arabia Stages ‘Historic’ Swimwear Fashion Show by Greenfaces: 8:34am On May 18
89green:
As an individual Muslim, just make sure you stick to the Qur'an and Sunnah, hold am tight.

My brother or sister, na death sure pass for this life, if Allaah takes you, what is left with you are your deeds, your Islam.

Dont dull yourself o, make sure your solah is consistent, fast and also make charity and continue to improve your understanding about Islaam, genuinely.

Saudi or any Muslim Nation is not the yard stick, yard stick na Qur'an and Sunnah.
Exactly.
When Rosullulah (saw) was discussing the signs of the last day, he never said that these signs would be appearing in all the world except the Arabia or Muslims. In fact, he mentioned that the Muslims will imitate the disbelievers even to the extent of entering a lizard hole with them. So why should it surprise us? We are only now more certain that if we once thought last day was near, now it is nearer than we imagine. This should rather confirm our belief in the prophet hood of Rosullulah (saw). They're not mere wild guesses, they're already happening. It's time to return to our lost faith. It's time to awaken tahajuud, tilawat Qur'an and increase in dhikr. The torment of the grave and hellfire is severe and cannot be wished or taken away whatever the pleas. The guardians will ask "alam ya tikun nadir? Did there not come to you a warner? "

Our death is the first stage of the akhira and with happenings like this, we should be aware that our lifespan on earth is winding off. The day of judgement is approaching. There are tendencies to see the most bizarre of occurrences even in Muslim strong holds. May Allah keep our faith for us

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Stages ‘Historic’ Swimwear Fashion Show by STEWpid(f): 8:35am On May 18
89green:

Ode buruku!

So, you practice Islam than those who brought it into being?

cHAi..

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Stages ‘Historic’ Swimwear Fashion Show by 89green: 8:36am On May 18
Greenfaces:

Exactly.
When Rosullulah (saw) was discussing the signs of the last day, he never said that these signs would be appearing in all the world except the Arabia or Muslims. In fact, he mentioned that the Muslims will imitate the disbelievers even to the extent of entering a lizard hole with them. So why should it surprise us? We are only now more certain that if we once thought last day was near, now it is nearer than we imagine. Our death is the first stage of the akhira and with happenings like this, we should be aware that our lifespan on earth is winding off. The day of judgement is approaching. There are tendencies to see the most bizarre of occurrences even in Muslim strong holds. May Allah keep our faith for us

On point bro, exactly what m saying, Jazaakumullaahu khayran
Re: Saudi Arabia Stages ‘Historic’ Swimwear Fashion Show by STEWpid(f): 8:38am On May 18
Greenfaces:

Exactly.
When Rosullulah (saw) was discussing the signs of the last day, he never said that these signs would be appearing in all the world except the Arabia or Muslims. In fact, he mentioned that the Muslims will imitate the disbelievers even to the extent of entering a lizard hole with them. So why should it surprise us? We are only now more certain that if we once thought last day was near, now it is nearer than we imagine. Our death is the first stage of the akhira and with happenings like this, we should be aware that our lifespan on earth is winding off. The day of judgement is approaching. There are tendencies to see the most bizarre of occurrences even in Muslim strong holds. May Allah keep our faith for us

Ode buruku!

Trillions of people will still live after you.

No end time here.

cHAi..

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Stages ‘Historic’ Swimwear Fashion Show by 89green: 8:39am On May 18
STEWpid:

Ode buruku!

So, you practice Islam than those who brought it into being?

cHAi..

I guess being half naked is a sign of progress right........ Right?
Re: Saudi Arabia Stages ‘Historic’ Swimwear Fashion Show by Greenfaces: 8:40am On May 18
STEWpid:

Ode buruku!

Trillions of people will still live after you.

No end time here.

cHAi..
go and tell that to the people who brought you to this world but failed to teach you common manners when their mates were doing so to their kids.
Re: Saudi Arabia Stages ‘Historic’ Swimwear Fashion Show by oyoofong(m): 8:41am On May 18
Saudi,stop this pretense! Something dey hungry una.Like your brother up north here.You like fine stuff

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Stages ‘Historic’ Swimwear Fashion Show by PHAYOL81: 8:51am On May 18
Don't really know what to say or perhaps, I feel it's unnecessary to say my mind out.
Re: Saudi Arabia Stages ‘Historic’ Swimwear Fashion Show by Fujiyama: 8:55am On May 18
LegendHero:
President Tinubu should channel any hajj/Jerusalem subsidy to Osun Osogbo festival

^^^
grin grin

Isese festival in Ilorin would be a better option.
Re: Saudi Arabia Stages ‘Historic’ Swimwear Fashion Show by Macnnoli4(m): 8:58am On May 18
I am glad Saudi Arabia is now thinking of appropriate swim wear for Muslim women. Wearing full body clothes to swim doesn't look comfortable. They just need to revolve their design around what athlete swimmers wear and modify it so that it will be be win-win situation for morality and comfort.
Re: Saudi Arabia Stages ‘Historic’ Swimwear Fashion Show by Henry22(m): 9:09am On May 18
HISBA AND MUMURIC HOW FAR? grin, see una mentor for islam

2 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Stages ‘Historic’ Swimwear Fashion Show by jojothaiv(m): 9:11am On May 18
The core bahushe mute the group chat, in fact, they left altogether.

The word growth and bahushe seems not to gel.
Re: Saudi Arabia Stages ‘Historic’ Swimwear Fashion Show by Angrymode: 9:19am On May 18
You can clearly see how stupid those extreme Muslims people are. Extreme Muslims are just stuck in past set of people.
Re: Saudi Arabia Stages ‘Historic’ Swimwear Fashion Show by moppie123(m): 9:28am On May 18
These are the same Muslims that our brothers in Northern Nigeria are trying to outshine, attempting to prove they are more devout. Meanwhile, Saudi Arabia is leading in technology and innovation, modernising and diversifying their institutions, infrastructure, and economy. Yet, our brothers in the North are focused on other things. Progress requires breaking free from regressive influences. It's painful to see how religion and tribalism are holding us back. Nations like the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and Morocco—Islamic nations—are advancing. The backward Islamic nations are those that have not embraced modernity. We are still struggling with basic amenities: in 2024, we talk about intermittent power supply, poor access to clean water, crumbling health and education facilities, and poor security conditions. Other countries are seriously leaving us behind. We've lost our position as Africa's leading economy, dropping from a GDP of over $500 billion to $200 billion. This decline has further lowered our already poor GDP per capita of about $2,000. Inflation is biting, but our focus remains on having our tribal or religious representative in power, rather than addressing these critical issues. It’s even more sickening that we defend these terrible leaders who are hellbent on running the country to the ground.
Re: Saudi Arabia Stages ‘Historic’ Swimwear Fashion Show by bigiyaro(m): 9:28am On May 18
SoNature:
The same people northern Nigeria is emulating is already preparing for a world beyond oil and gas because they are seeing how tourism is booming in Dubai and are embracing western culture.

With the way inflation is ravaging the whole world, if we don't get serious people to run this country in the coming years, the kind of mass hunger that will hit Nigeria will be unprecedented in the history of our world.
Northern Nigeria is on another level of mental deficiency and myopia. If they were emulating Saudi 0.001%, the north will resemble something like Egypt or Morocco
Re: Saudi Arabia Stages ‘Historic’ Swimwear Fashion Show by Fujiyama: 9:44am On May 18
89green:

adams123:
No be them Muslims the emulate but the message of ISLAM through prophet Muhammad who happened to be from Saudi Arabia.

nyabinghi:
When did Saudi become a bearer for Muslims,Islam is bigger than Saudi

Solitechworld:
You guys just don't get it right! Saudi Arabia is not Islam! Islam has a divine manual, the Quran. If Saudi Arabia is derailing, that doesn't mean we should follow in their footsteps to destruction.

Mamapikinnimi:
As a Muslim we follow the teachings of the Holy prophet through Quran and Sunnah and not through the practice of Saudi Arabia.

^^^
grin

Ok.

But this isn't quite the way it turns out in the real world.

Just over 22 years ago, there were widespread riots in Kaduna and Abuja with scores of casualties and large scale destruction of buildings and other property. The remote cause of the crisis was the Miss World contest scheduled to hold in Nigeria that year - several Muslims opposed the pageant and called for its cancellation because it offended their sensibilities. The catalyst for the bloodshed however, was a statement by a Thisday newspaper journalist speculating on whether Prophet Mohammed would have taken one of the contestants as wife. After the article was published, Muslims took to the streets and the orgy of violence began. The journalist was forced to flee Nigeria after a fatwa was proclaimed on her by the Zamfara state government. undecided

It is simply not true to imply (as the comments above have done) that Saudi Arabia is irrelevant. In the heat of the Miss World crisis, the comment below was made by a Saudi Islamic Affairs Ministry official, Sheikh Saadal-Saleh who spoke to AFP on behalf of the Kingdom:

"They have no right to kill if the person expresses regret and apologises as it is considered repentance. But if the person stands by his statements then the matter should be referred to a Sharia court to decide on a punishment, including death."

As far as we are aware, there were no statements on the Isioma Daniels matter by the likes of Mauritania, Afghanistan, Yemen etc. but there was an official statement from the Saudis. That tells us all we need to know.
Re: Saudi Arabia Stages ‘Historic’ Swimwear Fashion Show by mctech(m): 9:45am On May 18
While it's good to open up to modern standards, I don't see any sense in this. Normal Broadway modelling which aims to advertise designers and their works is more sensible.

I hope gay and lesbianism will not one day become acceptable in this country.
Re: Saudi Arabia Stages ‘Historic’ Swimwear Fashion Show by Rebuke: 9:54am On May 18
Seems these guys are already giving up the idea of their virgins in heaven o. They now want them here grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Stages ‘Historic’ Swimwear Fashion Show by BERNIMOORE: 10:19am On May 18
Difrent:

All this na because we laughed at your failed Jewish recognition movement that got shredded to tatters by the Israelis
Everyone knows the attachee tribe
They call themselves Big tribe but is always whining and wailing and seeking ways to dominate smaller tribes around them because they unfortunately have a barren land that's been eaten up by gully erosion daily

Their day is not complete if them never hate on their fellow countrymen and neighbors, we call them children of hate....... They prefer everything scatter if one of them is not in the driving seat and have made it a tribal ritual to lay a curse on the land that's producing wealth for them to the extent they mock the rest of us and yell at us how they are the tribe with the highest standard of living and low poverty

Even though their frustrations is understandable, I mean I won't be happy if I were igbo that while we are still struggling to get just a VP slot , the second yorubaman to be president is there and that is following the end of a regime a yorubaman was VP.... It's painful I know but blame nobody but your leaders who the kind of politics they play.
I am very happy that The Truth stare at your face Such that its very difficult to deny and respond to my rejoinder About how you guys keep changing Narratives About saudi, Even Taquiyya Method of Denial will not save your Lies, I Can't help but expose your Oponu, In your wild imagination, every christian is an Igbo man Abi, Omo Odua ni mi, from Akure Oloyemekun, omo afida sile f'ogun enu pani, in Faleye Compound Odo Ijomu Akure Ondo State....can you point to your family house? I doubt
Re: Saudi Arabia Stages ‘Historic’ Swimwear Fashion Show by SIRTee15: 10:21am On May 18
Realist777:

Black people subconsciously feel very inferior to other races and that is the truth but they open they mouth waaaa trying to consciously deny it.
If not your hatred for the Northerners, why why are comparing their culture to that of Saudi?
Must they drop their culture totally in order to look like the Saudi?

Which northern culture are U talking about? I hope U not referring to the islamic wahabi culture imposed on them by Muslim fanatics.
The culture that teaches u to kill your fellow northerner because of a foreign religion?

I'm case u don't know, this is the REAL northern culture.

Re: Saudi Arabia Stages ‘Historic’ Swimwear Fashion Show by Tradepunter2: 10:22am On May 18
TheGiftedOne:
Their mates are flexing their lives in the middle-east meanwhile, Musa and Abdullah are still busy calling everything haram in northern Nigeria. grin grin grin

Backward lots. angry

As in backwards anmls
Re: Saudi Arabia Stages ‘Historic’ Swimwear Fashion Show by bitbillionaire: 10:24am On May 18
Saudi Arabia keep being the light in the dark world of Islam

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Stages ‘Historic’ Swimwear Fashion Show by Pootle: 10:37am On May 18
the rich once have fvck the 14 virgins already so they dont wanna waste no time for a stupid folk story
Re: Saudi Arabia Stages ‘Historic’ Swimwear Fashion Show by Santalpharay: 10:56am On May 18
Difrent:

All this na because we laughed at your failed Jewish recognition movement that got shredded to tatters by the Israelis
Everyone knows the attachee tribe
They call themselves Big tribe but is always whining and wailing and seeking ways to dominate smaller tribes around them because they unfortunately have a barren land that's been eaten up by gully erosion daily

Their day is not complete if them never hate on their fellow countrymen and neighbors, we call them children of hate....... They prefer everything scatter if one of them is not in the driving seat and have made it a tribal ritual to lay a curse on the land that's producing wealth for them to the extent they mock the rest of us and yell at us how they are the tribe with the highest standard of living and low poverty

Even though their frustrations is understandable, I mean I won't be happy if I were igbo that while we are still struggling to get just a VP slot , the second yorubaman to be president is there and that is following the end of a regime a yorubaman was VP.... It's painful I know but blame nobody but your leaders who the kind of politics they play.

At the end of the day, how does this your epistle put food on your table. I thought that as Tinubu is now the president that free food and fuel will be distributed to you guys free of charge for being his trbes men. That is why we don't care which tribe that produces the president. All we ask for is competent and incorruptible person. I don't celebrate mediocrity. Meanwhile, enjoy your "e bi mpa wa."
Re: Saudi Arabia Stages ‘Historic’ Swimwear Fashion Show by Osanoghodua1: 11:08am On May 18
Admin should take down this post is o avoid someone committing suicide in Kano.
Re: Saudi Arabia Stages ‘Historic’ Swimwear Fashion Show by Musa2018(m): 11:15am On May 18
Their opinion!

What's legal/Permissable( Halal) would always be, and what is illegal/Forbidden can never be modified..

The truth is Muslims emulate the lifestyle of all d prophets including Jesus the son of Merry ( Peace and blessings be upon him).
Re: Saudi Arabia Stages ‘Historic’ Swimwear Fashion Show by Josbreed: 11:18am On May 18
We will not take it! Never!! Expect this statement from Ishaq Akintola.
Re: Saudi Arabia Stages ‘Historic’ Swimwear Fashion Show by TheAdvocate(m): 11:48am On May 18
iichidodo:
This is impossible, find it hard to believe such can happen in our time...

Last week, they introduced beer in Saudi Arabia. They now allow women to drive. Things are changing.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Stages ‘Historic’ Swimwear Fashion Show by Difrent: 12:01pm On May 18
BERNIMOORE:
I am very happy that The Truth stare at your face Such that its very difficult to deny and respond to my rejoinder About how you guys keep changing Narratives About saudi, Even Taquiyya Method of Denial will not save your Lies, I Can't help but expose your Oponu, In your wild imagination, every christian is an Igbo man Abi, Omo Odua ni mi, from Akure Oloyemekun, omo afida sile f'ogun enu pani, in Faleye Compound Odo Ijomu Akure Ondo State....can you point to your family house? I doubt

Until the Animals have their own storytellers , every tales about hunting will always glorify the hunters
For years you lots have gotten away with so many atrocities because you control the media ....the narratives are changing and you should no longer be at ease
The problem with you is you are confusing ISLAM with MUSLIMS
ISLAM IS A BEAUTIFUL RELIGION
BUT OF COURSE THERE ARE BAD HUMANS WHO PROFESS ISLAM

just like you people are quick to remind us whenever a bad pastor is caught with human head , that he doesn't represent Christiandom. those Terrorists shouting allahu Akbar don't represent Islam

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Maryanne Barry: Trump's Sister Criticized Him In Leaked Audio Record / West Feeling Impact Of Russia Sanctions Too As Oil And Gas Prices Soar / "South Africa Is For All"—Julius Malema Condemns Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.