Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,669 members, 7,847,741 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 05:57 AM

How Can I Stop Debtors From Coming To My Shop? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Can I Stop Debtors From Coming To My Shop? (12882 Views)

Is It Possible For Her To Lay Claim On My Shop / How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? / Share Your Experience Collecting Your Money Back From Your Debtors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Stop Debtors From Coming To My Shop? by Afolue(m): 6:25pm On May 18
Write a poster with the inscription “no credit today come tomorrow” boldly written!
Re: How Can I Stop Debtors From Coming To My Shop? by IyaTola: 6:57pm On May 18
kiss
Chachamiliano:

Well done ma. The first problem you are currently facing is FEAR. Trust me as far as it's FMCG related product, you will sell. Do not be scared of losing customers. Do not forget that credit sales is no sell.

You need to put your foot on the ground and demand that your business is cash and carry. The more you sell credit, the more you expose your business to loss. You cannot stop them from buying from you. You can only demand your cash from them.
Re: How Can I Stop Debtors From Coming To My Shop? by IyaTola: 7:00pm On May 18
chukkystar:
Stay behind the scenes and employ sales person to interact with Customers. Also employ cash and Carry model then make sure if U ever give Credit the person has integrity
Wrong move 😠 sales person comes with it's own headache

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop Debtors From Coming To My Shop? by RoyalUc(m): 7:10pm On May 18
Procashtips:

You don't even know how to read

Ok Mr Reader grin
Re: How Can I Stop Debtors From Coming To My Shop? by ashawopikin(m): 7:31pm On May 18
Re: How Can I Stop Debtors From Coming To My Shop? by SAMAJ: 7:39pm On May 18
RoyalUc:
By paying them what you owe them

You just made comment without reading.
Re: How Can I Stop Debtors From Coming To My Shop? by chiboycue: 7:48pm On May 18
Testiebobo:
I'm a retailer of foodstuffs which is a combination of raw foods and manufactured products. But due to this harsh economy, some of my regular customers are already misusing the opportunity of paying back later. Some of them even goes to extence of lieing they'hv forgotten they were oweing me. And you know that if i dont sell those products regularly especially raw foods, i will be at lost. Because i will sell it cheaper to people not knowing it as already increase in price at the market. What do i do? How do i discourage debtors from coming near my shop?
Business genius in the forum!

Print like 5 copies containing an inscription that reads " PLEASE, CASH AND DEBIT CARDS ONLY- NO CREDIT" and place them at strategic locations in your shop for customers to see and read.
Re: How Can I Stop Debtors From Coming To My Shop? by noblechoco(f): 8:25pm On May 18
Kobicove:
Put up a sign that says "No credit today, come tomorrow" grin
No be costumer wey sabi read that one go take
Re: How Can I Stop Debtors From Coming To My Shop? by noblechoco(f): 8:26pm On May 18
noblechoco:

No be costumer wey sabi read that one go take
Even those wey sabi read go ignore am
Re: How Can I Stop Debtors From Coming To My Shop? by missionmex(m): 9:23pm On May 18
Kirchoffs:
I don't know why nairalanders keep commenting on this guy's thread, dude is a chronic attention seeker going by over 203 topics he has to his name. Always making foolish topics to generate stupid talks
U just quoted him like a person who likes to owe a lot.
Re: How Can I Stop Debtors From Coming To My Shop? by ChengHun(m): 10:11pm On May 18
Don't tolerate debtors that don't keep to promise.They are evil, some will.deliberately refuse to pay
Re: How Can I Stop Debtors From Coming To My Shop? by 2aces(m): 1:05am On May 19
SweetVibe:

Oga shut up, not every business is done online
Telling your destiny helper to shut up is like sealing your fate and that of your family in perpetual poverty my friend.
Re: How Can I Stop Debtors From Coming To My Shop? by sunnymighty(m): 5:02am On May 19
Kobicove:
Put up a sign that says "No credit today, come tomorrow" grin

Funny enough na Dem dey give credit pass grin
Re: How Can I Stop Debtors From Coming To My Shop? by SweetVibe: 7:46am On May 19
2aces:
Telling your destiny helper to shut up is like sealing your fate and that of your family in perpetual poverty my friend.
Thunder fire you and that your imaginary help, so warm eba chop
Re: How Can I Stop Debtors From Coming To My Shop? by Goodlady(f): 1:04pm On May 19
Testiebobo:
I'm a retailer of foodstuffs which is a combination of raw foods and manufactured products. But due to this harsh economy, some of my regular customers are already misusing the opportunity of paying back later. Some of them even goes to extence of lieing they'hv forgotten they were oweing me. And you know that if i dont sell those products regularly especially raw foods, i will be at lost. Because i will sell it cheaper to people not knowing it as already increase in price at the market. What do i do? How do i discourage debtors from coming near my shop?
Business genius in the forum!
Stop selling on credit
Re: How Can I Stop Debtors From Coming To My Shop? by MrBroke(m): 2:42pm On May 19
RoyalUc:
By paying them what you owe them

English hard grin
Re: How Can I Stop Debtors From Coming To My Shop? by RoyalUc(m): 2:50pm On May 19
MrBroke:

English hard grin

No be small thing my brother grin

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop Debtors From Coming To My Shop? by Kingzmate(m): 4:19pm On May 19
MY ADVICE TO YOU IS TO USE ANTI-DEBTOR DETECTOR grin

I HAVE THE ONE THAT IS MADE IN ABA cheesy

BUT IT WORKS BETTER cool

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop Debtors From Coming To My Shop? by chukkystar(m): 7:46pm On May 19
IyaTola:
Wrong move 😠 sales person comes with it's own headache
all have their problems but at least You are monitoring one person only and the person doesn't have the power to loan

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop Debtors From Coming To My Shop? by IyaTola: 5:15am On May 22
shocked
chukkystar:
all have their problems but at least You are monitoring one person only and the person doesn't have the power to loan

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Safe Is Internet Banking In Nigeria And Which Bank(s) Will You Recommend? / Money Laundering: US Slams Criminal Charges On Kucoin's 2 Founders / Mtn, Glo And Zain Printing Recharge Card Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.