Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,756 members, 7,848,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 02:00 PM

South Africans Living Abroad Vote In Record Numbers - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / South Africans Living Abroad Vote In Record Numbers (9499 Views)

Zuma Protest: South Africans Are Taking Looting To Next Level (Pictures) / South Africans Beg Nigerians For Forgiveness (Video) / Record Numbers Of Americans Want To Leave The u.s - Gallop Polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africans Living Abroad Vote In Record Numbers by ednut1(m): 7:12am On May 19
If Nigerian diaspora vote ehn. 2m to 3m voters be that o
Re: South Africans Living Abroad Vote In Record Numbers by Anatolia: 7:12am On May 19
South Africans may be Africa hating but they have got some things right that we don’t do. The government is open to ideas and progressives. Nigeria on the other hand are immersed in their own bubble, delusional and unprogressive.

4 Likes

Re: South Africans Living Abroad Vote In Record Numbers by Logins2125: 7:12am On May 19
Mindlog:
Hope our National Assembly can pass the law, so Nigerians abroad can also vote.
election isn't working properly in Nigeria. Nigeria appoint a president,not by vote bro. That's why it's hard for us(Igbo) to rule this country, because it's by appointment not by vote!
Re: South Africans Living Abroad Vote In Record Numbers by CheapHomes1: 7:13am On May 19
Lionessza6:

You're desperate to leave at all costs; these people aren't and you can hardly call those numbers
"littering " grin....dramatic grin. We go to countries for business and when we are offered jobs as well as for studies and adventure not for "husling and hardworking purposes" grin. You won't find us in those boats , you won't find us being homeless or chased around by police like savages. Therein lies the difference.

so you mean that there are no Nigerians who go abroad for business, who are offered jobs as well as for studies and adventure?

1 Like

Re: South Africans Living Abroad Vote In Record Numbers by Lionessza6(f): 7:13am On May 19
CheapHomes1:
so all the nigerians who are there are committing crimes?

And all South Africans have humiliated Nigerians? grin
Re: South Africans Living Abroad Vote In Record Numbers by WannaHowzit(m): 7:15am On May 19
CheapHomes1:

wow...I thought that south africa has everything south africans need and they dont travel out of south africa to other countries for greener pastures. i thought travelling out was only a nigerian thing

We have strategic interests all over the world, just like in Nigeria. MTN, Multichoice and the others won't run themselves you know 😎🇿🇦🏆.

4 Likes

Re: South Africans Living Abroad Vote In Record Numbers by Lionessza6(f): 7:15am On May 19
CheapHomes1:

so you mean that there are no Nigerians who go abroad for business, who are offered jobs as well as for studies and adventure?

You definitely have those but the vast majority don't fall into this category, hence you encounter a lot more problems than us and your passport is a red-flag. You have a lot of people moving out to be illegals and "hardworking hustlers" and we don't have such reputation hence our passport is respected.

4 Likes

Re: South Africans Living Abroad Vote In Record Numbers by Lionessza6(f): 7:18am On May 19
CheapHomes1:

wow...I thought that south africa has everything south africans need and they dont travel out of south africa to other countries for greener pastures. i thought travelling out was only a nigerian thing

You missed the point grin. Compare the numbers and the caliber of those likely to go abroad from both countries and you will see why we don't have the same reputation abroad. grin

2 Likes

Re: South Africans Living Abroad Vote In Record Numbers by CheapHomes1: 7:20am On May 19
Lionessza6:

You definitely have those but the vast majority don't fall into this category, hence you encounter a lot more problems than us and your passport is a red-flag. You have a lot of people moving out to be illegals and "hardworking hustlers" and we don't have such reputation hence our passport is respected.

but your previous comment was a blanket generalisation
Lionessza6:
You're desperate to leave at all costs; these people aren't and you can hardly call those numbers "littering " grin....dramatic grin. We go to countries for business and when we are offered jobs as well as for studies and adventure not for "husling and hardworking purposes" grin. You won't find us in those boats , you won't find us being homeless or chased around by police like savages. Therein lies the difference.

how did you come to the conclusion that "the vast majority don't fall into this category"? can you give the statistics to support your claim?

what are the "a lot more problems" that we encounter"?
Re: South Africans Living Abroad Vote In Record Numbers by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 7:20am On May 19
AareGaa:

Nothing wrong with South African people.
It's Nigerians who go there to commit crimes that make South Africans hate us.
will you just shut up and get out of here, so SA don't commit crime somewhere else? Is it correct just system you adopt for a criminal punishment or SA just choose to behave like jungle animals? I don't blame you people, if Nigerians has ignore government and start retaliation here in Nigeria on any attacks on Nigerians in SA. You will understand what violence means. I blame this on our too much ethnicity if not, who is nonsense South Africa we can't deal with. Nigeria can send you back to your colonial master if you don't know, no be Nigeria rescue you? You now have moral justification to accuse Isreal of commiting genocide against Palestinians when you are here killing your fellow Africans. If we decide to start killing South Africa citizens in Nigeria. Do you think you can withstand us? Is this a normal human justice? Barbarians

Re: South Africans Living Abroad Vote In Record Numbers by CheapHomes1: 7:22am On May 19
Lionessza6:

You missed the point grin. Compare the numbers and the caliber of those likely to go abroad from both countries and y[b]ou will see why we don't have the same reputation abroad. [/b] grin

pls what has the highlighted got to do with the comment you responded to

"wow...I thought that south africa has everything south africans need and they dont travel out of south africa to other countries for greener pastures. i thought travelling out was only a nigerian thing"
Re: South Africans Living Abroad Vote In Record Numbers by Lionessza6(f): 7:26am On May 19
CheapHomes1:

but your previous comment was a blanket generalisation a

how did you come to the conclusion that "the vast majority don't fall into this category"? can you give the statistics to support your claim?

LMFAO. No you don't encounter a lot more problems abroad than most Africans grin. No you don't have a massive number of you moving to other countries illegally and making a nuisance of yourselves . No , the vast majority of you in those countries have professional jobs and are accountable and productive grin. I apologise for the lies I posted before , all those things I said were out of jealousy grin....none of what I.said is readily available all over the media , social media , it all came from my wicked SA heart grin.

2 Likes

Re: South Africans Living Abroad Vote In Record Numbers by shonepa(m): 7:26am On May 19
No dey lie......show me where u see am, abi na who talk am? Lol

completeskills:
I thought they said south Africans hardly travel out of their country? They have done well to incorporate the disapora in the mix of things. Kudos to them
Re: South Africans Living Abroad Vote In Record Numbers by Judolisco(m): 7:27am On May 19
completeskills:
I thought they said south Africans hardly travel out of their country? They have done well to incorporate the disapora in the mix of things. Kudos to them
if u compare dis numbers to dat of Nigerians.. U sef go shock

1 Like

Re: South Africans Living Abroad Vote In Record Numbers by Lionessza6(f): 7:27am On May 19
CheapHomes1:

"wow...I thought that south africa has everything south africans need and they dont travel out of south africa to other countries for greener pastures. i thought travelling out was only a nigerian thing"

You missed the first part buddy. And can you show me where any SA has ever claimed we don't travel out of SA or that we have all we need? Please show me the proof grin

1 Like

Re: South Africans Living Abroad Vote In Record Numbers by Lionessza6(f): 7:29am On May 19
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
will you just shut up and get out of here, so SA don't commit crime somewhere else? Is it correct just system you adopt for a criminal punishment or SA just choose to behave like jungle animals? I don't blame you people, if Nigerians has ignore government and start retaliation here in Nigeria on any attacks on Nigerians in SA. You will understand what violence means. I blame this on our too much ethnicity if not, who is nonsense South Africa we can't deal with. Nigeria can send you back to your colonial master if you don't know, no be Nigeria rescue you? You now have moral justification to accuse Isreal of commiting genocide against Palestinians when you are here killing your fellow Africans. If we decide to start killing South Africa citizens in Nigeria. Do you think you can withstand us? Is this a normal human justice? Barbarians

grin grin grin grin

This furious one must be a Biafran grin grin grin. Always angry and playing victim and threatening others all over the place grin grin grin.

1 Like

Re: South Africans Living Abroad Vote In Record Numbers by WannaHowzit(m): 7:29am On May 19
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:

You fell for fake news from Simon Ekpa. This story was deleted on frontpage. It was Haiti gang violence, not South Africa.

https://www.nairaland.com/8093940/simon-ekpa-lied-killings-happened#129980221

2 Likes

Re: South Africans Living Abroad Vote In Record Numbers by CheapHomes1: 7:30am On May 19
Lionessza6:

LMFAO. No you don't encounter a lot more problems abroad than most Africans grin. No you don't have a massive number of you moving to other countries illegally and making a nuisance of yourselves . No , the vast majority of you in those countries have professional jobs and are accountable and productive grin. I apologise for the lies I posted before , all those things I said were out of jealousy grin....none of what I.said is readily available all over the media , social media , it all came from my wicked SA heart grin.

the sarcasm has not in anyway addressed the issues you raised

your previous comment was a blanket generalisation
Lionessza6:
You're desperate to leave at all costs; these people aren't and you can hardly call those numbers "littering " grin....dramatic grin. We go to countries for business and when we are offered jobs as well as for studies and adventure not for "husling and hardworking purposes" grin. You won't find us in those boats , you won't find us being homeless or chased around by police like savages. Therein lies the difference.

Re: South Africans Living Abroad Vote In Record Numbers by patrickcollins: 7:31am On May 19
O
JaceBlaze:
That's one thing about us,we can be ANYWHERE in the world but we never forget about The Republic🇿🇦🇿🇦🇿🇦🇿🇦 and ain't never felt ashame of our land🤞
So south Africans are living in other countries but are quick to shout go back to your countries to other people
Re: South Africans Living Abroad Vote In Record Numbers by CheapHomes1: 7:31am On May 19
Lionessza6:

You missed the first part buddy. And can you show me where any SA has ever claimed we don't travel out of SA or that we have all we need? Please show me the proof grin

Lionessza6:

You missed the point grin. Compare the numbers and the caliber of those likely to go abroad from both countries and you will see why we don't have the same reputation abroad. grin

Re: South Africans Living Abroad Vote In Record Numbers by shonepa(m): 7:31am On May 19
Of course thats why any person in south Africa is smarter, intelligent than u, see nonsense talk.

U better start to dey reason, must southAfricans insult Nigeria b4 u start to defend Naija?

Every country with em own wahala.

2aces:
Nigeria that can't conduct free and fair elections at home, diaspora vote will be a humongous disaster.
More reason to believe South Africa is way ahead of Nigeria in everything.
Re: South Africans Living Abroad Vote In Record Numbers by Lionessza6(f): 7:34am On May 19
CheapHomes1:

the sarcasm has not in anyway addressed the issues you raised

LMFAO. You are allowed to play dumb and clueless, it's your choice grin. Your passport is the number one stat grin...followed by your deportation records grin....follow that up with the likelihood to be rejected by foreign embassies grin....I could go on ... grin

1 Like

Re: South Africans Living Abroad Vote In Record Numbers by Lionessza6(f): 7:36am On May 19
CheapHomes1:

You're allowed to play dumb my friend, that's on you grin
Re: South Africans Living Abroad Vote In Record Numbers by CheapHomes1: 7:38am On May 19
Lionessza6:

LMFAO. You are allowed to play dumb and clueless, it's your choice grin. Your passport is the number one stat grin...followed by your deportation records grin....follow that up with the likelihood to be rejected by foreign embassies grin....I could go on ... grin

speaking of "playing dumb and clueless", you are the one who has been avoiding answering the questions I asked you.

Lionessza6:

Re: South Africans Living Abroad Vote In Record Numbers by georgeakins: 7:39am On May 19
Akwamkpuruamu:
Of Diaspora Nigerians start voting, the likes of Ebola can never win the election

Especially if those in Asian prisons are allowed to vote, Obi will surely coast to victory.
Re: South Africans Living Abroad Vote In Record Numbers by Emeskhalifa(m): 7:42am On May 19
Thought dey said it is only Nigerians that japa, so SAs too dey Japa?

Smh
Re: South Africans Living Abroad Vote In Record Numbers by Lionessza6(f): 7:43am On May 19
CheapHomes1:

speaking of "playing dumb and clueless", you are the one who has been avoiding answering the questions I asked you.

LMFAO. I imagined it all my friend. Forgive me. It was my SA jealousy and xenophobia acting up. Now move on , you were right, all that I said is baseless grin

4 Likes

Re: South Africans Living Abroad Vote In Record Numbers by Lionessza6(f): 7:45am On May 19
Emeskhalifa:

Thought dey said it is only Nigerians that japa, so SAs too dey Japa?

Smh

Thought you said we were all poor and therefore couldn't afford to travel grin grin. And you must know the difference between expatriates and immigrants.

1 Like

Re: South Africans Living Abroad Vote In Record Numbers by EmperorCaesar(m): 7:46am On May 19
So Dem dey travel too
I used to think these guys don't leave their country at all

It's actually tough everywhere
Re: South Africans Living Abroad Vote In Record Numbers by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 7:48am On May 19
WannaHowzit:

You fell for fake news from Simon Ekpa. This story was deleted on frontpage. It was Haiti gang violence, not South Africa.

https://www.nairaland.com/8093940/simon-ekpa-lied-killings-happened#129980221
but SA do same or not? Answer, don't derail from the point
Re: South Africans Living Abroad Vote In Record Numbers by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 7:50am On May 19
Lionessza6:

grin grin grin grin

This furious one must be a Biafran grin grin grin. Always angry and playing victim and threatening others all over the place grin grin grin.
that's stupidity on your side, I'm not a Biafra, for your info, I'm from Osun, I hate injustice, you are just a nonsense person
Re: South Africans Living Abroad Vote In Record Numbers by WannaHowzit(m): 7:52am On May 19
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
but SA do same or not? Answer, don't derail from the point

It's not an everyday occurrence like how Nigerians sell drugs and defraud South Africans on a daily and hourly basis. Xenophobic outbursts happen once every 5 years or so when people are fed up with the rampant criminality caused mainly by illegal migrants.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tunisian Man Sets Himself Ablaze / REVEALED: What You Didn’t Know About Uganda’s Former President, Idi Amin – Many / Trump Compares Alexei Navalny’s Death To His Legal Woes - CNN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.