Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,836 members, 7,866,252 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 01:55 PM

Moment Lady Went On Her Knees To Propose To Her Boyfriend (pics/video) - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Moment Lady Went On Her Knees To Propose To Her Boyfriend (pics/video) (38626 Views)

Meet Identical Twins That Share Everything, Even The Same Boyfriend (pics/video) / Lady Introduces Her New Boyfriend To Her Husband & Boyfriend (pics/video) / 2 Friends Fight, Injure Themselves As 1 Sleeps With The Other's Boyfriend (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moment Lady Went On Her Knees To Propose To Her Boyfriend (pics/video) by Electorate: 5:03pm On May 23
pansophist:
There is a reason why lots of men shy away from marriage, and it's because they know that proposal simply means a transfer from being responsible for yourself, to I being responsibility for you.

Women should see proposals as "I owe you". Its a masculine duty. A man that even accept a woman's proposal needs his masculinity taken to a mechanic, to check for faults.

So after he accepts, what next? She pays groom price, pay for wedding, and he adopt her surname? Then maybe he become pregnant for her,

Marriage is where a woman's responsibility becomes a man's responsibility. So if you propose to a man, she better fulfil the masculine responsibility that comes with it.

People just jump on fads without thinking it deeply. Too eager to discard sophisticated historical practices for modern one that haven't, can't, and won't stand the test of time.

What has proposing to a man got to do with taking over man's responsibility? Your brain is so wired to think everything in life has to follow a certain pattern, Simp, you need to think outside the box.

Re: Moment Lady Went On Her Knees To Propose To Her Boyfriend (pics/video) by ihavesense: 5:03pm On May 23
CaptainJune:
She went after what she wants. The African version of She Stoops to Conquer. My respect for ladies like this is off the charts 👍🏽
There’s nothing commendable in a lady proposing to a man. It is alien to the orderliness of creation. Quit forming woke!!!

1 Like

Re: Moment Lady Went On Her Knees To Propose To Her Boyfriend (pics/video) by Electorate: 5:08pm On May 23
ihavesense:

There’s nothing commendable in a lady proposing to a man. It is alien to the orderliness of creation. Quit forming woke!!!

Is that not supposed to mean a sign of "SUBMISSION" ...In Yoruba culture a wife kneels to give her husband food, that is pure submission to her husband.

You guys are blindly copying a foreign culture and ignorantly defending it while trashing yours.
Re: Moment Lady Went On Her Knees To Propose To Her Boyfriend (pics/video) by Kukutente23: 5:17pm On May 23
Mtcheew

Skit

1 Like

Re: Moment Lady Went On Her Knees To Propose To Her Boyfriend (pics/video) by Shomek(m): 5:22pm On May 23
That's good of her She is smart
Re: Moment Lady Went On Her Knees To Propose To Her Boyfriend (pics/video) by correctyourself(m): 5:25pm On May 23
Double0h7:
I honestly don’t understand the point of doing this. Is she also going to pay his groom price and pay for the wedding?

This is just volunteering to put someone in debt. It’s one of those ideas that look good in your head but are unpractical.

It works for white people because they don’t have village people waiting for their rice and beans. White people can do this and just go down to the registry office and call it a day.

I think it's fine if they are ready to sacrifice for each other, love their selves and has the financial means to take their relationship to the next level which I'm sure they has before this lady could do this. They're good to go.

For the village people they would always have something to say before and after marriage, it's their nature.
Re: Moment Lady Went On Her Knees To Propose To Her Boyfriend (pics/video) by hardam003: 5:25pm On May 23
Double0h7:
I honestly don’t understand the point of doing this. Is she also going to pay his groom price and pay for the wedding .

In almost all societies in the world, including African groups, the bride's family is responsible for wedding preparations and party expenses..
. People might be doing it the other way round nowadays, but please, fact-check this 🤘
Re: Moment Lady Went On Her Knees To Propose To Her Boyfriend (pics/video) by Shomek(m): 5:29pm On May 23
Electorate:

Is that not supposed to mean a sign of "SUBMISSION" ...In Yoruba culture a wife kneels to give her husband food, that is pure submission to her husband.

You guys are blindly copying a foreign culture and ignorantly defending it while trashing yours.
You are right about this.
It is better for a woman to propose to you than to you to propose to her
For a woman to propose to you that means she really love you.
Re: Moment Lady Went On Her Knees To Propose To Her Boyfriend (pics/video) by Shomek(m): 5:34pm On May 23
correctyourself:

I think it's fine if they are ready to sacrifice for each other, love their slaves and has the financial means to take their relationship to the next level which I'm sure they has before this lady could do this. They're good to go.

For the village people they would always have something to say before and after marriage, it's their nature.
Correctyourself why can't you correct yourself
"slaves" instead of "self"
Re: Moment Lady Went On Her Knees To Propose To Her Boyfriend (pics/video) by correctyourself(m): 6:01pm On May 23
Shomek:
Correctyourself why can't you correct yourself
"slaves" instead of "self"

It's a typographic error from my phone, it's unfortunate you could not realize it, or ask why before you conclude.

Lack of reasoning!
Re: Moment Lady Went On Her Knees To Propose To Her Boyfriend (pics/video) by bentenny(m): 6:06pm On May 23
Ladies need to read that book...'She stoops to conquer'
There are lessons to be learnt there!
It's not by being an hourglass damsel or 'if I cook or have different sex styles with my man he will not look another woman' geng!
Re: Moment Lady Went On Her Knees To Propose To Her Boyfriend (pics/video) by y3mi(m): 6:12pm On May 23
lululovesblue:
I honestly don't understand these replies, but it's nairaland after all. What's going to happen if he's not ready for marriage? Financially, emotionally, etc? I've also heard from a lot of guys that girls taking the lead in relationships emasculates them. How would you view a woman that proposed to you, realistically? How seriously would you take her? Can you promise you wouldn't see her as desperate? I know men are not a beehive and have individual preferences, but I'd still like to know which one women are supposed to do.

Personally I view this as embarrassing. Especially her having to walk back to her seat. Abi she's going to pay his dowry and make him a househusband while she becomes the breadwinner as well? There's so much to unpack.
Unshackle the chains of your mind from rigid social construct. You and 1Sharon are worried about concerns that are the imaginary pitholes made real in a patriarchal system. In the Yoruba belief system, no such thing breadwinner or home keeper, Ifa teaches about the fundamental nature of complimentary duality. Both gender can always work out the flexibility of roles inter-play just to make it work, eben in this modern times with many factors ro contend with.
Re: Moment Lady Went On Her Knees To Propose To Her Boyfriend (pics/video) by Samakus(m): 6:19pm On May 23
And she has nyash

I respect her

1 Like

Re: Moment Lady Went On Her Knees To Propose To Her Boyfriend (pics/video) by chatinent: 6:27pm On May 23
Typical Naija girl to knee for poor man? They rather you pour them acid

2 Likes

Re: Moment Lady Went On Her Knees To Propose To Her Boyfriend (pics/video) by Maysdevices(f): 6:30pm On May 23
LexngtonSteele:
He has deep pockets +/- a long rod.

Otherwise, Mr Nice Guy always finishes last.

Women should copy this trend. Make no worwor babe come propose to me ooo.

Na megaphone I go use shout my " NOOOO!!!!"
If na woman talk this one about man now, you go say women are this or women are that

2 Likes

Re: Moment Lady Went On Her Knees To Propose To Her Boyfriend (pics/video) by 1Sharon(f): 6:32pm On May 23
y3mi:
Unshackle the chains of your mind from rigid social construct. You and 1Sharon are worried about concerns that are the imaginary pitholes made real in a patriarchal system. In the Yoruba belief system, no such thing breadwinner or home keeper, Ifa teaches about the fundamental nature of complimentary duality. Both gender can always work out the flexibility of roles inter-play just to make it work, eben in this modern times with many factors ro contend with.

There is no such thing as taking the surname of your spouse either. But alot of men will flare up if their wife wanted to keep her surname.
Re: Moment Lady Went On Her Knees To Propose To Her Boyfriend (pics/video) by KanoSeller: 6:35pm On May 23
officialwdhtvv:
Lady goes on her knees to propose to her boyfriend.

#wetindeyhappentv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlAbkjHfoxs

Bad idea. Is she also going to pay his groom price and pay for the wedding? And take care of her feeding other living expenses! I'll say yes if it's 50 50
Re: Moment Lady Went On Her Knees To Propose To Her Boyfriend (pics/video) by lululovesblue(f): 6:37pm On May 23
Isn't culture full of yet another set of social constructs? I know I'm arguing semantics,but still. Isn't it then a matter of cherry picking, for you to tell me to unburden myself from one construct and use another construct to prove your point?

I get your point either way. Mine was to point out the hypocrisy in the way a lot of people on here think. I guess I got sidetracked.
y3mi:

2 Likes

Re: Moment Lady Went On Her Knees To Propose To Her Boyfriend (pics/video) by donbenie(m): 6:39pm On May 23
CaptainJune:
She went after what she wants. The African version of She Stoops to Conquer. My respect for ladies like this is off the charts 👍🏽
Hope she will be ready to foot the wedding bill..
To propose na the easy part..
Re: Moment Lady Went On Her Knees To Propose To Her Boyfriend (pics/video) by y3mi(m): 6:42pm On May 23
lululovesblue:
Isn't culture full of yet another set of social constructs? I know I'm arguing semantics,but still. Isn't it then a matter of cherry picking, for you to tell me to unburden myself from one construct and use another construct to prove your point?

I get your point either way. Mine was to point out the hypocrisy in the way a lot of people on here think. I guess I got sidetracked.
Certainly you miss the mark. The other is not a construct but philosophy of life. Complimentary Dualism is so extensive to start explaining than I have time to on here as I surf through threads. I PM'd you sha.
Re: Moment Lady Went On Her Knees To Propose To Her Boyfriend (pics/video) by y3mi(m): 6:44pm On May 23
1Sharon:

There is no such thing as taking the surname of your spouse either. But alot of men will flare up if their wife wanted to keep her surname.
Nibo la tu ja si bayi... I'm not exactly interested in this chapter you just deviated to.
Re: Moment Lady Went On Her Knees To Propose To Her Boyfriend (pics/video) by y3mi(m): 6:45pm On May 23
1Sharon:

Oh! I get it now.
I said patriarchal, not patriloneal which your response got me confused about. There's marked difference.
Re: Moment Lady Went On Her Knees To Propose To Her Boyfriend (pics/video) by lululovesblue(f): 6:54pm On May 23
I've already responded, sir
y3mi:

Certainly you miss the mark. The other is not a construct but philosophy of life. Complimentary Dualism is so extensive to start explaining than I have time to on here as I surf through threads. I PM'd you sha.
Re: Moment Lady Went On Her Knees To Propose To Her Boyfriend (pics/video) by Pupanchy(m): 6:56pm On May 23
It's because the guy has small change
Re: Moment Lady Went On Her Knees To Propose To Her Boyfriend (pics/video) by darediamond(m): 7:05pm On May 23
grin grin
LexngtonSteele:
He has deep pockets +/- a long rod.

Otherwise, Mr Nice Guy always finishes last.

Women should copy this trend. Make no worwor babe come propose to me ooo.

Na megaphone I go use shout my " NOOOO!!!!"
Re: Moment Lady Went On Her Knees To Propose To Her Boyfriend (pics/video) by darediamond(m): 7:08pm On May 23
It is only an IRRESPONSIBLE MAN that proposes and marry a lady who is not readily Financially Stable as Himself to be A Wife in a Matrimonial Home.
God forbid Baad tin!!!
franchasofficia:
What an embarrassment, hope she is ready to pay the bride price, rent the house, buy their family car and foot the daily bills to run a family?

Marriage does not start and end in trendy proposal or talk of the town wedding.

As a lady, you can give green light to a guy you fancy to start a romantic date that may lead to relationship, courtship and marriage proposal if the guy is ready financially, but do not overstep your boundary by proposing marriage to a man or to your boyfriend because you don't know if he is financially and mentally prepared to go into marriage commitment.

Re: Moment Lady Went On Her Knees To Propose To Her Boyfriend (pics/video) by dododawa1: 7:41pm On May 23
Home girl

Unlike

Indomie generation
Re: Moment Lady Went On Her Knees To Propose To Her Boyfriend (pics/video) by ufotunang: 7:48pm On May 23
Make she no kneel down and propose...make she dey do shakara 🙄
Re: Moment Lady Went On Her Knees To Propose To Her Boyfriend (pics/video) by bukatyne(f): 7:48pm On May 23
1Sharon:

But that's exactly what yall sound like.

kiss kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Moment Lady Went On Her Knees To Propose To Her Boyfriend (pics/video) by y3mi(m): 8:02pm On May 23
lululovesblue:
I've already responded, sir
Alright ma,
Please don't sir-nitize me. wink grin
Re: Moment Lady Went On Her Knees To Propose To Her Boyfriend (pics/video) by vikstandon(m): 8:33pm On May 23
Hope she pays your price!
Re: Moment Lady Went On Her Knees To Propose To Her Boyfriend (pics/video) by ismodiwa(m): 8:41pm On May 23
Brandiebird:
She did all that just to go back to her seat 😩. That was awkward as 🤬

Ahhhh, should she remain standing and fry akara?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

She Wants To Kill Me With Her Love!!! / Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships / He Ended Our Relationship Few Days To Our Wedding.......... Lady Cries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.