Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,864 members, 7,862,857 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:57 AM

Are These Apples GMO? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Are These Apples GMO? (18322 Views)

GMO Foods, A Threat To Our Collective Good Health / Thousands Of Apples Carpet Floor An Ochard After Severe Storm In Ireland(Photos) / GMO Free Product!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are These Apples GMO? by Domainer1999: 12:30pm On May 20
Can you tell us more about this?

GloriousGbola:

every cultivated crop or animal you eat has been modified from its natural state.
that is all
Re: Are These Apples GMO? by doggedfighter(f): 12:34pm On May 20
post=130047888:
When it comes to GMOs, even Arctic apples may have unforeseen consequences of genetic alteration and could impact human health.
There are not enough long-term studies to know how these foods will affect our health and the health of our food future.
Organic apples cannot be genetically engineered.

Copy and paste expert !

Now you know .......
Re: Are These Apples GMO? by orikoku: 12:35pm On May 20
Oga run ooo. Na GMO and it can damage your kidneys.

Please tell me your location, I want to examine the apples.
Re: Are These Apples GMO? by doggedfighter(f): 12:35pm On May 20
GloriousGbola:

every cultivated crop or animal you eat has been modified from its natural state.
that is all

Wahala !

So modification doesn't make them harmful ?
Re: Are These Apples GMO? by jude33084(m): 12:37pm On May 20
martineverest:
I think so...my sister brought some during Christmas period,I ll forgot them in my closet and when I came back 4 months after,they were still fresh

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Are These Apples GMO? by ednut1(m): 12:40pm On May 20
Its GMO. Is there anything we eat today that is not altered Dey play
Re: Are These Apples GMO? by GloriousGbola: 12:45pm On May 20
doggedfighter:

Wahala !

for me it is just fear mongering

there are 7500 species of apple, 2500 in the united states

when we grew up we had fruits we called agric - fruits where one branch was grafted to the root of a different plant and you got exotic oranges, lemons, mangoes. those are also modified

https://www.britannica.com/topic/poultry-farming

Poultry breeding is an outstanding example of the application of basic genetic principles of inbreeding and crossbreeding as well as of intensive mass selection to effect faster and cheaper gains in meat and maximum egg production for the egg-laying strains. Maximum use of heterosis, or hybrid vigour, through incrosses and crossbreeding has been made. Rapid and efficient weight gains and high-quality, plump, meaty carcasses have been achieved thereby.

Among the world’s agricultural industries, chicken breeding in the U.S. is one of the most advanced. Intensive nutritional research and application, highly improved breeding stock, intelligent management, and scientific disease control have gone into the effort to give a modern broiler (meat chicken) of uniformly high quality produced at ever-lower cost. A modern broiler chick can reach a 2.3-kg (5-pound) market weight in five weeks, compared with the four months that were required in the mid-20th century. Additionally, annual egg production per hen has increased from about 100 in 1910 to over 300 in the early 21st century.

chickens have been intensively modified since forever

2 Likes

Re: Are These Apples GMO? by SouthSouth1914: 12:45pm On May 20
If you cut it and it contains seeds, then it is non GMO.

2 Likes

Re: Are These Apples GMO? by GloriousGbola: 12:49pm On May 20
doggedfighter:

Wahala !

this is the original state of corn vs what it is today

first world living and comfort has scattered oyibo brain and they take everything for granted

2 Likes

Re: Are These Apples GMO? by Mom007(f): 12:49pm On May 20
Go n buy star apple, aka agbalumo. At least you'd know just what you are getting.

2 Likes

Re: Are These Apples GMO? by Ravenna: 12:50pm On May 20
FeliciaOja:
the easiest way to know if you apple is GMO

Take a bite of the apple
Then keep the apple on a plate and notice if the white part turns brown

If the apple is fresh then the white part will quickly turn brownish with 1 min exposure
if the apple is GMO then the white part will take time before it turns brownish around 3 to 5 mins

normal apples when you bite them within a min the white part turn browinsh
so GMO industries came up with a modified apple that you can bite and it wont turn brown quickly
those ones are GMO and of course they have chemicals that prevent natural bacteria breakdown the apple
thats why the white part stays white for a long time

if the natural bacterias in the air cannot decompose a food quickly
then the bacterias inside your gut will not be able to decompose it and you end up eating shaft and chemicals
which piles up to cancer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgvF72CnDkU

Olodo..

The bacteria in the gut no be your mate.

They can discombobulate anything including rocks and steels

1 Like

Re: Are These Apples GMO? by IMAliyu(m): 12:51pm On May 20
doggedfighter:

Wahala !

Theoretically you could modify them to be harmful.
But you all are making an assertion that they are currently harmful which the burden is on the persons making the claim to demonstrate that.

All goods we eat have been selected and modified for specific traits that farmers and consumers like.
Have you seen the old paintings of watermelon and what they used to look like?
And modern bananas, are a different species of banana that have been modified to look and taste like they are now, the original banana is extinct, because they got wiped out by an outbreak.

2 Likes

Re: Are These Apples GMO? by LadyExcellency: 12:53pm On May 20
Segzy19:
Lies!

All cassava in Nigeria are genetically modified. You want those 1970 old breed you will farm a stadium size piece of land before you get a bag of garri?

3 Likes

Re: Are These Apples GMO? by IMAliyu(m): 12:58pm On May 20
GloriousGbola:

this is the original state of corn vs what it is today

first world living and comfort has scattered oyibo brain and they take everything for granted

Conspiratorial thought has fried people's brains.
They've been made to think GMO=bad thing, without even being able to explain how or why.

When all our foods are definitionally GMO, and if not for more resistant strains of plants and grains we'd all be in a famine and starving right now.

4 Likes

Re: Are These Apples GMO? by GBTYO: 12:58pm On May 20
If they are imported from the EU zone or SA then they are not as GMO are banned in those countries.

But if it came from the US or Israel then it's definitely crappy GMO.

2 Likes

Re: Are These Apples GMO? by NOETHNICITY(m): 1:00pm On May 20
Any thing from the profit-minded capitalist west cannot and should not be trusted.

My friend in Canada told me about their chickens and other agro products being basically GMO
Re: Are These Apples GMO? by vibratingpenis: 1:02pm On May 20
I may not know but what chases me away from these fruits are what normally is used to preserve them to this freshness?
Re: Are These Apples GMO? by laivwire(m): 1:02pm On May 20
FeliciaOja:
the easiest way to know if you apple is GMO

Do you have a source for these statements you posted
Re: Are These Apples GMO? by Johnn44: 1:05pm On May 20
zebszebs:
I bought some apples in december 2023.
I just threw away the last one a few days ago.

this apple was kept in a fridge that was barely ever put on.
Yet it didnt get spoilt for almost 6 months.

Nigerians are been fed poison IMO
shocked
Re: Are These Apples GMO? by updatechange(m): 1:06pm On May 20
Compliant:
i think so.

just be careful as there are many products out there that are not good for consumption

NAFDAC seems to be sleeping

Abi dead πŸ’€
Re: Are These Apples GMO? by sylve11: 1:11pm On May 20
martineverest:
I think so...my sister brought some during Christmas period,I ll forgot them in my closet and when I came back 4 months after,they were still fresh

Miraculous apples grin grin cool
Re: Are These Apples GMO? by Bongadu: 1:15pm On May 20
GloriousGbola:

that is all

Not if you cultivate them yourself
Re: Are These Apples GMO? by Joy2dworldxyz: 1:17pm On May 20
Matters like these don't disturb me cos I can't remember the year I ate this Oyigbo apple last. Me that have not eaten ordinary mango that grows in our backyards for over 5 years now
Re: Are These Apples GMO? by Seyitosino(m): 1:24pm On May 20
Yes, the agency went to bed as soon as Madam Akunyili left.

Compliant:
i think so.

just be careful as there are many products out there that are not good for consumption

1 Like

Re: Are These Apples GMO? by mu2sa2: 1:25pm On May 20
Compliant:
i think so.

Nafdac slipped into a coma after Dora Akunyili left the place.

1 Like

Re: Are These Apples GMO? by Beautifulday: 1:28pm On May 20
martineverest:

What! Are you for real? Like 4 months?
Re: Are These Apples GMO? by schoolboymatt(m): 1:30pm On May 20
Ynix:

All apples are GMO just like banana and tomatoes
not all bananas are GMO
Re: Are These Apples GMO? by condensedmilk: 1:35pm On May 20
post=130047888:
When it comes to GMOs, even Arctic apples may have unforeseen consequences of genetic alteration and could impact human health.
There are not enough long-term studies to know how these foods will affect our health and the health of our food future.
Organic apples cannot be genetically engineered.

Now you know .......

Fat lie
Re: Are These Apples GMO? by Paraman: 1:37pm On May 20
Segzy19:
Lies!

Ynix is right, a lot of fruits are GMO

1 Like

Re: Are These Apples GMO? by Thugnificent(m): 2:14pm On May 20
Food security is a serious issue that will affect everybody in this country soon

Please follow my farming journey here πŸ‘‡

https://www.nairaland.com/8087087/farming-journey

And my call for investors here πŸ‘‡

https://www.nairaland.com/8087908/please-how-access-loans-proposed

Shalom cool
Re: Are These Apples GMO? by eepeepook: 2:15pm On May 20
Apple na apple. GMO or not, I go chop am clean mouth.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Many Nigerians Can No Longer Afford Beer - NB CEO, Hans Essaadi / Cooking Tips For Career Minded Single Guys (pictures Included) / Bad Plantain Chips Rumour: NAFDAC Investigates Melting Rubber Into Oil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.