Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,861 members, 7,862,839 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:36 AM

Are These Apples GMO? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Are These Apples GMO? (18321 Views)

GMO Foods, A Threat To Our Collective Good Health / Thousands Of Apples Carpet Floor An Ochard After Severe Storm In Ireland(Photos) / GMO Free Product!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are These Apples GMO? by harjay1986: 2:39pm On May 20
SocialJustice:
Is there a fruit we eat today that is not gmo even the chicken. All these alertness is a waste of time because GMO goes into your body daily in one form or the other.

there is, we have Agbalumo africa cherry grin grin

1 Like

Re: Are These Apples GMO? by charlsecy(m): 3:01pm On May 20
FeliciaOja:
if the natural bacterias in the air cannot decompose a food quickly then the bacterias inside your gut will not be able to decompose it..
Why do such apples produce shit if they're not decomposed in the belly? They should have been coming out in the chewed form we have had them.
Re: Are These Apples GMO? by just2endowed: 3:05pm On May 20
WantsandMore:
This Post has inspired my appetite to eat Pounded Yam and Fresh fish pepper soup fr Lunch! Say no to GMO's.

Bro everything is turning to GMO. even the small pepper and shombo you buy in market.
Have you noticed that the shombo thats been sold in market are super big than the local ones? pick one of this shombo and you noticed that it does not have much seeds inside unlike the local shombo thats not too big. this Modified shombo been planted now are Geneticaqlly MOdified one.

We have been eating GMO since early 90s. lets take a back drive to out chicken. Have you ever cook and eaten local chicken? they have great aroma and flavour than this Layers, farmers are seller. it means that the nutrient in local chicken is more than the Genetically modified chickens.(Fact).

This applies to all plant too. the GM plant and seed we are beiong fed does not contain the nutitional value as it was before local produced were modified. Its strange and scary isnt it?
Re: Are These Apples GMO? by OBTOREPA(m): 3:31pm On May 20
SunriseW:
Have you ever seen a dent on an apple before?
They all look perfect and beautiful right?
Natural apples shd be like other natural fruits, they spoil easily sometimes have dents on scratches on them.
Nope you can't find them in Nigeria
You are very beautiful
Re: Are These Apples GMO? by Segzy19: 3:43pm On May 20
A lot is not the same as all

Paraman:
Ynix is right, a lot of fruits are GMO
Re: Are These Apples GMO? by Segzy19: 3:44pm On May 20
Another lie!

LadyExcellency:

All cassava in Nigeria are genetically modified. You want those 1970 old breed you will farm a stadium size piece of land before you get a bag of garri?
Re: Are These Apples GMO? by Paraman: 3:49pm On May 20
Segzy19:

Which fruit do you consume that you feel is not GMO?
Re: Are These Apples GMO? by CaptainFM1: 3:50pm On May 20
10mobile:
I haven't eaten 🍎🍏 for years and today I realized it's probably because I subconsciously classify the carton-packaged type sold in Nigeria as GMO. Someone gave me these as a gift and I'd like food experts out here to help me: Is it GMO as I suspect?

Note: GMO means Genetically Modified Organism

There's nothing wrong with GMO.

1 Like

Re: Are These Apples GMO? by Segzy19: 4:02pm On May 20
Agbalumo, Agbayun

Paraman:
Which fruit do you consume that you feel is not GMO?
Re: Are These Apples GMO? by folake4u(f): 4:48pm On May 20
seunpas:
You bring Apple way you suppose chop come NL grin
No be only GMO na GNLD

Hahahaha wetin be this? 😂😂😂
Re: Are These Apples GMO? by Ynix(m): 7:54pm On May 20
Segzy19:

When I say all I mean all because all the apples we are eating now originated from the modifying of an original. Watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Isq1-htLiEk?si=AmYSc_PAemzNU3Mu
Re: Are These Apples GMO? by soccerlite: 8:43pm On May 20
If you eat abeg

Gmo isn't death
Re: Are These Apples GMO? by Emdebby2: 8:43pm On May 20
It's only God that saves us from what we consume in this country.
Re: Are These Apples GMO? by drake2(m): 8:46pm On May 20
post=130047888:
When it comes to GMOs, even Arctic apples may have unforeseen consequences of genetic alteration and could impact human health.
There are not enough long-term studies to know how these foods will affect our health and the health of our food future.
Organic apples cannot be genetically engineered.

What is organic apple please?

Now you know .......
Re: Are These Apples GMO? by drake2(m): 8:49pm On May 20
post=130047888:
When it comes to GMOs, even Arctic apples may have unforeseen consequences of genetic alteration and could impact human health.
There are not enough long-term studies to know how these foods will affect our health and the health of our food future.
Organic apples cannot be genetically engineered.

What is organic apple please?

Now you know .......
Re: Are These Apples GMO? by okoroemeka(m): 10:29pm On May 20
10mobile:
I haven't eaten 🍎🍏 for years and today I realized it's probably because I subconsciously classify the carton-packaged type sold in Nigeria as GMO. Someone gave me these as a gift and I'd like food experts out here to help me: Is it GMO as I suspect?

pls let us have GMO garri and other staple foods, honestly with the level of food prices in Nigeria people may not even care whatever it maybe

1 Like

Re: Are These Apples GMO? by aalangel(f): 10:43pm On May 20
10mobile:

It's simple.
Does it have seeds?
Re: Are These Apples GMO? by shotuns: 2:34am On May 21
Eat organic, run from anything GMO seed, crop, time to go back to the farm, grow what you eat. Bill gate doesn't love us. He's been planning to reduce world population by half starting from Africa. Our politicians knew this and accepted his offer for bags of cowries. Be skeptical of newly constructed hospital springing up from every states in the country especially in the south. our organs are now free for harvesting without our consent. Get wisdom my people.
Re: Are These Apples GMO? by Kobojunkie: 5:44am On May 21
FeliciaOja:
the easiest way to know if you apple is GMO Take a bite of the apple Then keep the apple on a plate and notice if the white part turns brown If the apple is fresh then the white part will quickly turn brownish with 1 min exposure
if the apple is GMO then the white part will take time before it turns brownish around 3 to 5 mins normal apples when you bite them within a min the white part turn browinsh so GMO industries came up with a modified apple that you can bite and it wont turn brown quickly
those ones are GMO and of course they have chemicals that prevent natural bacteria breakdown the apple
thats why the white part stays white for a long time
if the natural bacterias in the air cannot decompose a food quickly then the bacterias inside your gut will not be able to decompose it and you end up eating shaft and chemicals which piles up to cancer.
Nonsense conclusions! undecided

1 Like

Re: Are These Apples GMO? by SunriseW(f): 1:46pm On May 21
OBTOREPA:

You are very beautiful

Thank you 😊
Re: Are These Apples GMO? by OBTOREPA(m): 4:15pm On May 21
SunriseW:

Thank you 😊
Married ?
Re: Are These Apples GMO? by OBTOREPA(m): 4:16pm On May 21
SunriseW:

Thank you 😊
Married?
Re: Are These Apples GMO? by SunriseW(f): 10:59pm On May 21
OBTOREPA:

Married ?

Nah
Re: Are These Apples GMO? by OBTOREPA(m): 8:24am On May 22
SunriseW:

Nah
Okay
Can we be friends?
Re: Are These Apples GMO? by SunriseW(f): 11:58pm On May 23
OBTOREPA:

Okay
Can we be friends?

Sure
Re: Are These Apples GMO? by OBTOREPA(m): 8:35pm On May 27
SunriseW:

Sure
Oh that's great.
I'm Remi, based in Bayelsa.
Can we chat on watssap?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Many Nigerians Can No Longer Afford Beer - NB CEO, Hans Essaadi / Cooking Tips For Career Minded Single Guys (pictures Included) / Bad Plantain Chips Rumour: NAFDAC Investigates Melting Rubber Into Oil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.