Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,217 members, 7,860,385 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:15 AM

You’re A Terrorist’, Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Fg’s Lawyer In Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You’re A Terrorist’, Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Fg’s Lawyer In Court (1601 Views)

Rufai Oseni Blasts FG For Demolishing Landmark Beach Front / Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War / Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Buhari, His Wife And Others In Fresh Broadcast From Israel. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

You’re A Terrorist’, Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Fg’s Lawyer In Court by myright: 8:41pm On May 20
‘You’re a terrorist’, Nnamdi Kanu blasts FG’s lawyer in court

By Ikechukwu Nnochiri, ABUJA

The detained leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu, caused a stir at the Federal High Court in Abuja on Monday, after his fresh request to be released on bail, was refused.

Kanu, who was visibly irked by the decision of the court to allow him to attend his trial from the detention facility of the Department of State Services, DSS, vented his anger on the lead counsel that appeared for the Federal Government, Chief Adegboyega Awomolo, SAN, labelling him a terrorist.

Addressing the court from the dock, Kanu, who is answering to a seven-count treasonable felony charge, said he was surprised that the senior lawyer, who is currently the Chairman of the Nigeria Body of Benchers, could not advise the government properly.

Kanu insisted that going by the provision of the Terrorism (Prevention and Prohibition) Act, 2022, Nigeria, having violated international treaty it entered into owing to the manner he was arrested and forcibly rendered back to the country, he ought not be subjected to the ongoing trial.

He stressed that both the Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court, in their various decisions, declared his forceful rendition from Kenya as an act of illegality.

Kanu, who kept waving a bunch of law books he entered the dock with, said:
“My lord, you said in your earlier ruling that you will not grant me bail until you make a determination about the reason for my disappearance. But you have not done so.

“At this stage, I am of the opinion that you can’t try me without first looking into that. The criminals came to my house to kill me!

“I don’t understand why my trial must be conducted contrary to the provision of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. This is the laws of Nigeria as at today. This court is in violation of laws of Nigeria. Section 2(3) (f) of the Terrorism (Prevention and Prohibition) Act, 2022, is very clear.”

At this juncture, the prosecution, Awomolo, SAN, tried to interject by asking Kanu’s legal team to call him to order.

Turning to Awomolo, SAN, Kanu, who was simmering with anger, said: “This man is a terrorist for conducting a trial in violation of an international treaty that Nigeria entered into. Once a treaty is entered into and signed, it becomes a law.

“They are all terrorists! No court can try me in Nigeria. Anything done in violation of any treaty e texted into by Nigeria is an act of terrorism.

“This man here is a terrorist as at today. He is a dishonest man! You are a terrorist! Who the hell are you? Follow what the law says.

“I have been in detention for over three years. You are the Chairman of the Body of Benchers and you are violating the laws of this country,” Kanu fumed.

Awomolo, SAN, who was shocked by Kanu’s outburst, said he was not angry about it.

“I am not a terrorist and I am not provoked by the action of the defendant. It is understandable. He is only being emotional,” the senior lawyer added.

Justice Nyako subsequently adjourned the matter to June 19 and 20.

It will be recalled that Kanu was first arrested in Lagos on October 14, 2015, upon his return to the country from the United Kingdom, UK.

Justice Nyako had on April 25, 2017, granted him bail on health ground, after he had spent about 18 months in detention.

Upon the perfection of the bail conditions, he was on April 28, 2017, released from the Kuje prison.

However, midway into the trial, the IPOB leader escaped from the country after soldiers invaded his country home at Afara Ukwu Ibeku in Umuahia, Abia State, an operation that led to the death of some of his followers.

Kanu was later re-arrested in Kenya on June 19, 2021 and extraordinarily renditioned back to the country by security agents on June 27, 2021.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/05/youre-a-terrorist-nnamdi-kanu-blasts-fgs-lawyer-in-court/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR1y3Uh-3DDie1C8WrTPOH06x3Y4McmYwV7xJr0G-bl11KzGy3vcmKs31Cc_aem_Aenl8nxeFU7TjI1ZbI2wy0qpPPMleFpCqTaZKmNUh2ZYDuzYdJHh2jAxQV6z2iS3-Z-3ciHn5W8T9cH9Dj1cmbgs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You’re A Terrorist’, Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Fg’s Lawyer In Court by FreeStuffsNG: 8:44pm On May 20
Awomolo, SAN, who was shocked by Kanu’s outburst, said he was not angry about it.

“I am not a terrorist and I am not provoked by the action of the defendant. It is understandable. He is only being emotional,” the senior lawyer added.

FreeStuffsNG:
Jolted by the judge’s pronouncement, Kanu began to shout from the dock and protested that he would not stand trial before any court in Nigeria.

After God na Government o

See what his violent rhetorics caused in Lagos. The victims deserve justice too o.

His lawyers were banking on and playing games with technicalities , doing paparazzi with social media SEO fame and playing with the sensibilities of the poor victims of his violent rhetorics. The Federal Government owes his victims justice.

Only someone with a horrible disdain for justice will see all the evidences of the huge injustices his violent rhetorics caused innocent people that will not feel that his victims deserve justice.

For the sake of justice, he should face the trial and must be allowed to defend himself of the charges so that his culpability or otherwise will be established. Justice Nyako was doing that until he flee abroad to continue his hate-filled broadcasts one of which is below,and caused a lot of havoc before, during and after the endsars protests.

In AUTHENTIC audio below are Nnamdi kanu's orders to ipob on live Radio during Endsars Protests

1hr 35Mins
Destroy every bridge and kill all Police

1hr 46 mins
burn down Tinubu’s hotel

1 hr 42 min
Burn down Nitel building and all Govt buildings in lagos, burn down Muritala Mohammed Airport

1hr 39 min kanu orders IPOB to Kill Army Officers and manufacture Weapons

1hr 47 min Tinubu must go down

1hr 52 min
kanu Confirmed information that Cele and Orile police Stations In lagos are on fire and Is delighted

Orders ipob to use green white green and blood as the Nigerian flag.

Tells ipob to target Tinubu and Sanwo Olu and their Children

1 hr 56 min
block every road kill Sabotuers

2hr.00 min
Destroy everything holding the Economy of Nigeria. Burn all pipelines

2.hr09 min
Kill the Army in Lekki [/b]Claims 15 people were killed in Lekki.,Set Dangote Trucks on Fire.

2.hr 15 min
Burn down Every Federal Govt Building attack Police.

2hr 18 mins
Describes again how to make Molotov Cocktail bombs

2hr20min kanu asks where are the ipob People with Double barrel guns in Abuja?

2 hr 22 min
ipob will make an example of Ikpeazu and Sanwo Olu all Tinubu’s nvestments should be destroyed

2hr 24min build bombs and lay them by the roadside

2 hr 32 min kill any Governor that declares Curfew

[b]2hr 56min
kanu says Tinubu’s hotel is on fire on his orders

3 hr 09 mins
burn everything Tinubu owns and Dangote Trucks the war has started

Every Police Station must go down

destroy all Federal Government Property burn down Lekki Toll Gate destroy Dangote refinery burn every Pastors Church that supports one Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ktk4uXmlOLs

He is entitled to a fair trial while all his victims deserve justice too!
All the enemies of Nigeria will lose las las. They always lose. God bless Nigeria for ever!

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You’re A Terrorist’, Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Fg’s Lawyer In Court by Sapasenator: 8:46pm On May 20
Why hire lawyers seeing he is well versed in the law? That man-child has a very long destiny with prison.

Always acting childish as usual with unbridled emotions.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: You’re A Terrorist’, Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Fg’s Lawyer In Court by myright: 8:47pm On May 20
MNK really finished fg

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: You’re A Terrorist’, Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Fg’s Lawyer In Court by NyamiriFlathead(m): 8:49pm On May 20
Nnamidiot cownu, the lord of ipobingos go don eat watery beans tire

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You’re A Terrorist’, Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Fg’s Lawyer In Court by Mercenary123: 8:50pm On May 20
Sapasenator:
Why hire lawyers seeing he is well versed in the law? That man has a very long destiny with prison.

. Typical Yoruba man

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You’re A Terrorist’, Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Fg’s Lawyer In Court by Sapasenator: 8:51pm On May 20
myright:
MNK really finished fg

How did he finish FG. I am curious.

As of now, FG determines, the underwear and clothes he wears, they determine the food he eats, they determine If he would be allowed to have sex with his wife, FG determines whether he would drink water or not.

In any court proceeding, judges are like a demi-God and it is unwise to be having this kind of outbursts. As an adult, we should always learn to keep our emotions in check.

So, how did he finish FG again?

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: You’re A Terrorist’, Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Fg’s Lawyer In Court by Sapasenator: 8:51pm On May 20
Mercenary123:
. Typical Yoruba man

Typical Yoruba man

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You’re A Terrorist’, Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Fg’s Lawyer In Court by ERockson: 8:51pm On May 20
Frustration at its peak

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: You’re A Terrorist’, Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Fg’s Lawyer In Court by Mercenary123: 8:52pm On May 20
Sapasenator:

Typical Yoruba man
. That's who you are

3 Likes

Re: You’re A Terrorist’, Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Fg’s Lawyer In Court by myright: 8:53pm On May 20
Sapasenator:

How did he finish FG. I am curious.

As of now, FG determines, the underwear and clothes he wears, they determine the food he eats, they determine If he would be allowed to have sex with his wife, FG determines whether he would drink water or not.

In any court proceeding, judges are like a demi-God and it is unwise to be having this kind of outbursts. As an adult, we should always learn to keep our emotions in check.

So, how did he finish FG again?
The law says he can't be trialled in Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You’re A Terrorist’, Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Fg’s Lawyer In Court by Lovelive: 8:53pm On May 20
Say that again and again and again.
Only a hypocrite ll disagree with you.

myright:
MNK really finished fg

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You’re A Terrorist’, Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Fg’s Lawyer In Court by Sapasenator: 8:53pm On May 20
Mercenary123:
. That's who you are

That's who you are!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You’re A Terrorist’, Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Fg’s Lawyer In Court by Sapasenator: 8:56pm On May 20
myright:
The law says he can't be tried in Nigeria

Who will enforce that law and why did his lawyer not argue that law? Were they unaware of its existence? You can quote all the laws you want but if the judge is not persuaded, you are on your own.
Kanu's outburst in court will not sit well with the judge and he is making matters worse for himself.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: You’re A Terrorist’, Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Fg’s Lawyer In Court by myright: 8:58pm On May 20
Sapasenator:

Who will enforce that law and why did his lawyer not argue that law? Were they unaware of its existence? You can quote all the laws you want but if the judge is not persuaded, you are on your own.
Kanu's outburst in court will not sit well with the judge and he is making matters worse for himself.
Judges are trained to act based on content of the law not on emotions

5 Likes

Re: You’re A Terrorist’, Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Fg’s Lawyer In Court by Lovelive: 8:59pm On May 20
“My lord, you said in your earlier ruling that you will not grant me bail until you make a determination about the reason for my disappearance. But you have not done so.

“At this stage, I am of the opinion that you can’t try me without first looking into that. The criminals came to my house to kill me!

“I don’t understand why my trial must be conducted contrary to the provision of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. This is the laws of Nigeria as at today. This court is in violation of laws of Nigeria. Section 2(3) (f) of the Terrorism (Prevention and Prohibition) Act, 2022, is very clear.”

At this juncture, the prosecution, Awomolo, SAN, tried to interject by asking Kanu’s legal team to call him to order.

Turning to Awomolo, SAN, Kanu, who was simmering with anger, said: “This man is a terrorist for conducting a trial in violation of an international treaty that Nigeria entered into. Once a treaty is entered into and signed, it becomes a law.

“They are all terrorists! No court can try me in Nigeria. Anything done in violation of any treaty e texted into by Nigeria is an act of terrorism.

“This man here is a terrorist as at today. He is a dishonest man! You are a terrorist! Who the hell are you? Follow what the law says.

2 Likes

Re: You’re A Terrorist’, Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Fg’s Lawyer In Court by Lovelive: 9:03pm On May 20
The judge is not God.

You can kill a Man but you can't kill his soul.

So unfortunate that Nigeria doesn't respect her laws and constitution.

Sapasenator:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You’re A Terrorist’, Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Fg’s Lawyer In Court by Sapasenator: 9:05pm On May 20
myright:
Judges are trained to act based on content of the law not on emotions

Big mistake my friend.

Judges are humans, not robots and there will always be the element of emotions involved except your case get political K-leg. Anywhere in the world, you have to be nice and show remorse to attract the judges attention, always show humility and remorse even if you do not mean it, that was the reason that Nigerian guy got 3 life sentences for a rape, all because he was nasty and argued with the judge.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: You’re A Terrorist’, Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Fg’s Lawyer In Court by rantingpigs: 9:11pm On May 20
This is where you will land.

When will your free gifts help the dead OBAs killed by FULANi Herdsmen in OYO STATE?

When will an unemotional TINUBU rid the SW bushes of terrorists that kill YORUBA Monarchs without any reaction from TINUBU.

Remember what I have told you and mark it in Blood. You will REAP bountifully what you sow

Sunday IGBOHO a scam freedom fighter is walking free, but you are here trying to yarn dust on a man that is even greater than Awolowo let alone a worthless TINUBU.

We are taking Notes.. keep exhibiting you rabid hate for IGBOs. A time of payback will NEVER elapse.

It must come.

Nonsense

FreeStuffsNG:

2 Likes

Re: You’re A Terrorist’, Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Fg’s Lawyer In Court by Forkthiefnubu: 9:12pm On May 20
NyamiriFlathead:
Nnamidiot cownu, the lord of ipobingos go don eat watery beans tire
U see as the bombs Dey rain down on the jiahdist head , helicopters Dey crash , na so e go reach all of you jiadist one by one , we will sprinkle pig’s blood on ur dead bodies , all of u

3 Likes

Re: You’re A Terrorist’, Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Fg’s Lawyer In Court by Lovelive: 9:13pm On May 20
Is it the first time Kanu is in court ?

Don't be a Pharisee !

Sapasenator:

Big mistake my friend.

Judges are humans, not robots and there will always be the element of emotions involved except your case get political K-leg. Anywhere in the world, you have to be nice and show remorse to attract the judges attention, always show humility and remorse even if you do not mean it, that was the reason that Nigerian guy got 3 life sentences for a rape, all because he was nasty and argued with the judge.

2 Likes

Re: You’re A Terrorist’, Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Fg’s Lawyer In Court by rantingpigs: 9:15pm On May 20
Show remorse for being illegally detained? Can you actually see how you punks reason? Gani Fahwenmi of Blessed memory NEVER showed remorse when he was illegally detained by a useless Junta.

Fela Anikolapo Kuti NEVER showed remorse when detained illegally..

Even MKO Abiola never showed remorse.

The highest you can do to him is to Kill him abi?

But the resultant effects will be everlasting. No need for plenty okpata yarns sef..

We are watching...

Sapasenator:

Big mistake my friend.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: You’re A Terrorist’, Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Fg’s Lawyer In Court by Benzigler: 9:19pm On May 20
Sapasenator:
Why hire lawyers seeing he is well versed in the law? That man has a very long destiny with prison.

Can you shut up for once impostor grin

2 Likes

Re: You’re A Terrorist’, Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Fg’s Lawyer In Court by myright: 9:20pm On May 20
Sapasenator:

Big mistake my friend.

Good luck

2 Likes

Re: You’re A Terrorist’, Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Fg’s Lawyer In Court by Benzigler: 9:21pm On May 20
rantingpigs:
Show remorse for being illegally detained? Can you actually see how you punks reason? Gani Fahwenmi of Blessed memory NEVER showed remorse when he was illegally detained by a useless Junta.

But the resultant effects will be everlasting. No need for plenty okpata yarns sef..

We are watching...

The stupid impostor with inferiority complex is even claiming Igbo, Anfonja-zzs can be funny grin

2 Likes

Re: You’re A Terrorist’, Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Fg’s Lawyer In Court by Sapasenator: 9:21pm On May 20
Benzigler:

Can you shut up for once impostor grin

Can you shut up for once impostor
Re: You’re A Terrorist’, Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Fg’s Lawyer In Court by Lovelive: 9:24pm On May 20
[Awomolo, SAN, who was shocked by Kanu’s outburst, said he was not angry about it.]

Why the SAN was shocked after looking for Kanu' s trouble.

I remember my Professor (from Ghana).
Jokily he ll say: don't trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.

Awomolo SAN, you are a trouble and you met trouble. Kanu was addressing the Judge and you "jumped". Óbè is your name Mr SAN.

1 Like

Re: You’re A Terrorist’, Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Fg’s Lawyer In Court by Sapasenator: 9:25pm On May 20
rantingpigs:

We are watching...

Ok na, let him not show remorse. Let him not hire any lawyer self and the next cour date, he should be ranting as usual.

How can you compare MNK with Abiola and Fela? What an insults?

Abiola had a chance to run away but he stood his ground to fight for his rights! Fela faced bullets but never ran away. MNK na big coward hiding behind a radio station in far away England to spew rubbish because he never believed the hands of the law could reach him.

Never, Never compare Kanu to those people.
Re: You’re A Terrorist’, Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Fg’s Lawyer In Court by Jostoman: 9:27pm On May 20
Sapasenator:

is your FG, the judges that is hearing the case and lawyer Awomolo not acting childish? Nyang Epko and Awomolo knows the law and constitution and they are intentionally going against the law and constitution of Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: You’re A Terrorist’, Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Fg’s Lawyer In Court by Lovelive: 9:27pm On May 20
You nailed it here.

Wao !

rantingpigs:

We are watching...

3 Likes

Re: You’re A Terrorist’, Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Fg’s Lawyer In Court by Benzigler: 9:28pm On May 20
Sapasenator:

Can you shut up for once impostor

Dude, you are too emotional grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Read This! Is Nigeria The Gaint Of Africa? / The Nigeria Air Force / Police Battle Prostitutes In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.