Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,225 members, 7,860,437 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:02 AM

Student Loan: 1.2 Million Beneficiaries Listed As Scheme Begins Friday - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Student Loan: 1.2 Million Beneficiaries Listed As Scheme Begins Friday (9695 Views)

Comditional Cash Transfer: 98% Of 1.1 Million Beneficiaries Are Women — Osinbajo / FG Replaces Controversial RUGA With New Scheme, Begins Camps In Six States / Oby Ezekwesili Asks Omujuwa And CAC To Explain Why She Was Listed As A Director (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Student Loan: 1.2 Million Beneficiaries Listed As Scheme Begins Friday by Fearurcreeator: 9:48am On May 21
tarboshi:
There's no glory in debt. Most of the politicians making these policies were educated free of charge.
Make them do higher education free with population of today ... How many people dey go higher education then compared to now .. what's the population then to now .... How much your kinsmen dey pay as tax yearly... Werey niyin se
Re: Student Loan: 1.2 Million Beneficiaries Listed As Scheme Begins Friday by unilagfreshest(m): 10:05am On May 21
Some will collect from government, collect from parents, collect from bf and sugar daddies sef. Cash out season is here.
Re: Student Loan: 1.2 Million Beneficiaries Listed As Scheme Begins Friday by ucbenjamin696: 10:35am On May 21
Hope no b audio....remember palliative mata,remember feeding school children mata,...Its possible those in government will flex the cash bring out some audio benefactors,since naw PADI PADI GOVERNMENT, highest and worst naw chop 23billion then court collect 1million as bail... MATA CLOSE.
Re: Student Loan: 1.2 Million Beneficiaries Listed As Scheme Begins Friday by Freebills12: 11:01am On May 21
Make them name of the recipients public together with the name of their schools. Its normal looting program just cash transfer to vulnerable Nigerians
Re: Student Loan: 1.2 Million Beneficiaries Listed As Scheme Begins Friday by Khyrvxjzy: 12:30pm On May 21
chukel:
Ewu, go and check 2024 budgetary allocation for student loan
but you read the part that suit you
igbo calm down
Re: Student Loan: 1.2 Million Beneficiaries Listed As Scheme Begins Friday by yemmit90: 12:31pm On May 21
Bullfallo:
Scamm scheme . Trust me you will not find anyone that know someone and who know anyone that receive this loan.

1.2 millions Ghost students.

I can bet it the number of real students in that figure will never upto 1000.

The earlier the government understand that any social scheme in Migeria will only end up in the pockets of few people, the better for us all.

I am no longer sees rationale behind removing fuel subsidy in order to fund all this useless wasteful schemes.

1 Like

Re: Student Loan: 1.2 Million Beneficiaries Listed As Scheme Begins Friday by Khyrvxjzy: 12:32pm On May 21
Ballerteam:

It was passed as budget
5 billion not passed as budget
show proof
Re: Student Loan: 1.2 Million Beneficiaries Listed As Scheme Begins Friday by LegendHero(m): 12:41pm On May 21
chukel:
5bn for 1.2m students. Laughable. 4k for each student.

So who told you it’s 5pm?

Even if your brain is not that matured, how do you think FG will pay 4K for schoolfees and stipends?
Re: Student Loan: 1.2 Million Beneficiaries Listed As Scheme Begins Friday by LegendHero(m): 12:46pm On May 21
amaridigital:

My take is that the budget for the student loan scheme is too small. Just #5b for over 5 million applicants is too poor and I'm sure that amount won't be enough for 20,000 students. Same FG budgeted #90b for Mecca pilgrimage subsidy. Can you see the irony?

Who told you it’s 5bn for student loan? Is the money for garri and ewa?

They are funding it from 1% of the total tax collected by FIRS yearly. Last year, FIRS collected 12.3trillion.

That means this year, Student loan will be funded with approximately 123bn.

Even if you hate Tinubu, you shouldn’t hate something that will affect lives of million of Nigerians positively. Don’t be a sadist.

1 Like

Re: Student Loan: 1.2 Million Beneficiaries Listed As Scheme Begins Friday by chukel(m): 12:51pm On May 21
LegendHero:

So who told you it’s 5pm?

Even if your brain is not that matured, how do you think FG will pay 4K for schoolfees and stipends?

you are the one with immature brain. Do your parents a favor for the school fees the spend and get a copy of the 2024 budget from website of budget office and check how much was allocated to student loan.
Re: Student Loan: 1.2 Million Beneficiaries Listed As Scheme Begins Friday by LegendHero(m): 12:56pm On May 21
chukel:
you are the one with immature brain. Do your parents a favor for the school fees the spend and get a copy of the 2024 budget from website of budget office and check how much was allocated to student loan.

Lol 2024 budget for student loan? Your father never raised a bright student.

NELFUND is what will finance the student loan and it’s from 1% of FIRS tax collections per year.

FIRS collected over 12.37 trillion as tax last year, so if you’re going to extrapolate, student loan will be financed with at least 123billion per year.

If not that your brain is mid, how can you believe 5bn will fund 1million student school fees and monthly stipends?

3 Likes

Re: Student Loan: 1.2 Million Beneficiaries Listed As Scheme Begins Friday by chukel(m): 1:23pm On May 21
LegendHero:

Lol 2024 budget for student loan? Your father never raised a bright student.

NELFUND is what will finance the student loan and it’s from 1% of FIRS tax collections per year.

FIRS collected over 12.37 trillion as tax last year, so if you’re going to extrapolate, student loan will be financed with at least 123billion per year.

If not that your brain is mid, how can you believe 5bn will fund 1million student school fees and monthly stipends?
zombie. Keep fooling yourself. I would spoon feed you. If you can't do a simple Google check to know how much was appropriated for this scheme in 2024 budget, then I can't help you. Of course, as a zombie, you have not been instructed to do so.
Re: Student Loan: 1.2 Million Beneficiaries Listed As Scheme Begins Friday by LegendHero(m): 1:59pm On May 21
chukel:
zombie. Keep fooling yourself. I would spoon feed you. If you can't do a simple Google check to know how much was appropriated for this scheme in 2024 budget, then I can't help you. Of course, as a zombie, you have not been instructed to do so.

Lol 😂.

Me that provided you source is the zombie, but you that couldn’t provide one source to back up your claim is the non-zombie?

At least now you learnt a new thing. Rather than going around distracting your parent shouting “Student Loan is 5bn”, you can always remember Legendhero for tutoring you on the actual funding source for student loan.

Mind you, this 2024 year, FIRS will generate more taxes so student loan fund will be up to 200bn at least.

1 Like

Re: Student Loan: 1.2 Million Beneficiaries Listed As Scheme Begins Friday by UnabashedIPOB: 2:10pm On May 21
Another FAT lie is being told to Nigerians by this FRAUDULENT Government!
Re: Student Loan: 1.2 Million Beneficiaries Listed As Scheme Begins Friday by commoditiesnig: 2:44pm On May 21
chukel:
it will do you well to properly inform yourself by going thru the 2024 budgetary provision for student loan.

Where NELFUND Gets Its Money: 1% of all the taxes that the Federal Inland Revenue Service collects goes into a special fund. This fund is like NELFUND's bank account - it's where they get the money to give out as loans and to cover their operating costs.

For 2023, FIRS collected12.3 trillion naira as tax and revenue. 1% of this amount is 123 billion naira. So, in 2023, NELFUND's "bank account" would have been credited with 123 billion naira from the FIRS revenue.

I hope you're clear on this. Thanks
Re: Student Loan: 1.2 Million Beneficiaries Listed As Scheme Begins Friday by EverBlazingy2k(m): 7:36pm On May 21
Well Cooked SCAM.
1.2m students in 226 federal tertiary institution have 4.0GP and above.
APC led administration, i salute you.
Re: Student Loan: 1.2 Million Beneficiaries Listed As Scheme Begins Friday by EddyRex: 9:41pm On May 21
Tor
Re: Student Loan: 1.2 Million Beneficiaries Listed As Scheme Begins Friday by kafeii123: 8:13am On May 22
Justiceganduje:
Audio. Where's the CNG vehicles promised to the masses since last year when fuel subsidy was removed? Where's the palliative grain that was promised to the masses since last year? Where's the conditioner cash transfer promised to the poorest of the poor in the society since last year? Ebola Tinubu sees Nigerians as a conquered people that can't do anything since he has achieved his dream of becoming the president. He dishes out propaganda as he pleases since Nigerians can't do anything about it.

I am not taking brief for this administration but to be honest...the CNG buses have been ordered for ...i think from india sef...just havent arrived yet... as for the conditional cash transfer....many federal and state workers were sent 35k monthly for almost 6 months from october last year... some didnt get their full six months but there's hope the arrears will still be paid.
as for palliative grains....FG made the mistake of giving the money to state governors.....many of who in turn swallowed the monies... while getting just few bags of rice for sharing at the local government secretariats...of course LGA office staff too cornered some of the bags for themselves...naso we see am for ds kantry....

Not everything is Tinubu's direct fault...he surrounded himself with the people who helped hi get into office whether or not he won...and most of them are crooks and there's next to nothin he can do about them....until his 2nd term at least. The greatest error Nigerians committed was allowing Buhari and his band of thieves in Aso rock...our economic and national health took a much steeper nosedive from that day onwards...e.g. same samsung AC that was just 55k then is almost 400k now...maybe that'll help us all warn and assist the next generation to avoid crooks in offices...na we take our hand do oursef

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Describe Sanusi Lamido Sanusi In Your Own Words / Terhemen Tarzoor Wins Benue State PDP Governorship Primary Election / Mega Cities And Super Creeks (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.