Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,986 members, 7,848,966 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 12:40 PM

Student Loan: 1.2 Million Beneficiaries Listed As Scheme Begins Friday - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Student Loan: 1.2 Million Beneficiaries Listed As Scheme Begins Friday (9638 Views)

Comditional Cash Transfer: 98% Of 1.1 Million Beneficiaries Are Women — Osinbajo / FG Replaces Controversial RUGA With New Scheme, Begins Camps In Six States / Oby Ezekwesili Asks Omujuwa And CAC To Explain Why She Was Listed As A Director (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Student Loan: 1.2 Million Beneficiaries Listed As Scheme Begins Friday by Caramia2020(m): 7:37am On May 21
Okay
Re: Student Loan: 1.2 Million Beneficiaries Listed As Scheme Begins Friday by amaridigital(m): 7:39am On May 21
Blaze14k:
I thought as much. I knew this was only meant for federal government universities. This is the only thing Nigerians have benefited from this administration

My take is that the budget for the student loan scheme is too small. Just #5b for over 5 million applicants is too poor and I'm sure that amount won't be enough for 20,000 students. Same FG budgeted #90b for Mecca pilgrimage subsidy. Can you see the irony?
Re: Student Loan: 1.2 Million Beneficiaries Listed As Scheme Begins Friday by jaxxy(m): 7:40am On May 21
And how will they pay back?
Re: Student Loan: 1.2 Million Beneficiaries Listed As Scheme Begins Friday by drmikeadams(m): 7:42am On May 21
C2Ok:
This isn’t gonna be sustainable, the odds of paying back after graduation in a toxic economic environment is abysmally low
No jobs whatsoever for those who sponsored themselves, many aren’t even using their certificates at the moment, imagine taking all these loans only to try and pay back with POS work🤦‍♂️
grin grin
Re: Student Loan: 1.2 Million Beneficiaries Listed As Scheme Begins Friday by Blaze14k: 7:43am On May 21
amaridigital:

My take is that the budget for the student loan scheme is too small. Just #5b for over 5 million applicants is too poor and I'm sure that amount won't be enough for 20,000 students. Same FG budgeted #90b for Mecca pilgrimage subsidy. Can you see the irony?

My dear you are absolutely correct.. but what can we really do when the citizens don't speak with one voice
Re: Student Loan: 1.2 Million Beneficiaries Listed As Scheme Begins Friday by alimiadedayo1: 7:45am On May 21
Blaze14k:
I thought as much. I knew this was only meant for federal government universities. This is the only thing Nigerians have benefited from this administration
what benefit does student loan has for students? After school, they still.have loan burden to sort for their life where there us no guarantee that they will get a better job
Re: Student Loan: 1.2 Million Beneficiaries Listed As Scheme Begins Friday by alimiadedayo1: 7:47am On May 21
chukel:
5bn for 1.2m students. Laughable. 4k for each student.
many people commending this initiative are just splitting tantarum without knowing the havoc this will cause

1 Like

Re: Student Loan: 1.2 Million Beneficiaries Listed As Scheme Begins Friday by Fatbam005: 7:48am On May 21
GorillaApp:
I hope it's not mismanaged

Btw, I need information on how much it will cost to travel from Warri to Enugu and will also need recommendations for a nice, modest hotel in Enugu.
why not ask Shettima
Re: Student Loan: 1.2 Million Beneficiaries Listed As Scheme Begins Friday by hush15: 7:52am On May 21
BeeBeeOoh:

https://punchng.com/student-loan-1-2m-beneficiaries-listed-as-scheme-begins-friday/

While it might sound like a laudable scheme, it's just another siphoning net. Expect some scandal soon.

Nigeria is the only that's starts a scheme with predetermined list ...

Dey play
Re: Student Loan: 1.2 Million Beneficiaries Listed As Scheme Begins Friday by Sannisege: 7:56am On May 21
God bless my daddy Asiwaju Tinubu. May you continue to humiliate your enemies and take Nigeria to greater heights.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Student Loan: 1.2 Million Beneficiaries Listed As Scheme Begins Friday by Kukutente23: 7:56am On May 21
BeeBeeOoh:

https://punchng.com/student-loan-1-2m-beneficiaries-listed-as-scheme-begins-friday/
Hmmmm

But it's only federal universities students that will benefit first

They should ensure this thing goes round even though it's not something I'm positive about
Re: Student Loan: 1.2 Million Beneficiaries Listed As Scheme Begins Friday by MySolace: 8:01am On May 21
State institution calls for more concern. Federal tuition is relatively fair.
But d kind looting wey go follow dis scheme is alarming o.
If d board say na 5million students be d beneficiary, who go check am?
Re: Student Loan: 1.2 Million Beneficiaries Listed As Scheme Begins Friday by Kukutente23: 8:01am On May 21
Naz34:
My observation is to watch & see how the undeserving citizens who dont wish anything good for their country come out and still bad mouth / bastardise the process. Some will even use it as a means to japa . Use the loan to get their degree finish without committing to paying back , sneak out to abroad to go further or work & still bad mouth the nation that aided their education . Hmmm!
Instead of sitting here, why don't you go and take the loan and further your education as a lover of Nigeria abi your own is to be looking and observing? Yeye
How many of your APC influencers and supporters are still in Nigeria? Why dem japa?
You need to shut up abeg
Re: Student Loan: 1.2 Million Beneficiaries Listed As Scheme Begins Friday by commoditiesnig: 8:09am On May 21
BeeBeeOoh:

This will be massive!

Goodnews and congrats to all concerned tertiary students!

1 Like

Re: Student Loan: 1.2 Million Beneficiaries Listed As Scheme Begins Friday by commoditiesnig: 8:12am On May 21
DeLaRue:
If Mr Tinubu can be serious about the student loan scheme and make it work, this will perhaps be his biggest legacy. More so than the coastal road.

The scheme will affect millions of students and continue to run for several decades.

Subsequent administrations will improve, or even rebrand it with a different name, but it will continue to be associated with Mr Tinubu.

Does Mr Tinubu realise how important the scheme is to his legacy, if he gets it right?

Big question.

True. I think the fact the scheme funding coming from a percentage of FIRS revenue is a smart decision. because the major factor is funding
Re: Student Loan: 1.2 Million Beneficiaries Listed As Scheme Begins Friday by commoditiesnig: 8:15am On May 21
Blaze14k:
Not correct. Federal uni. is first phase. Then States uni next phase
Re: Student Loan: 1.2 Million Beneficiaries Listed As Scheme Begins Friday by Sermwell(m): 8:17am On May 21
Naz34:
Some people are so allergic to anything good about Nigeria. These bitter people , God go continue to shame & disgrace all enemies of Nigeria. Shebi una paradise na obodo oyibo wey no send una papa , except to use una for their own selfish gain & then dump you all. See them rushing here to detail this topic. Una go continue to languish in pain & losses
You're just another gullible naive Nigerian!!

Check the comment by the first person on this thread, and tell me how this useless government has implemented all the things they promised since the beginning of this administration!! grin grin

They already know that there are a lot of mumus like you that will fall for anything they dish out! grin
Re: Student Loan: 1.2 Million Beneficiaries Listed As Scheme Begins Friday by commoditiesnig: 8:19am On May 21
chukel:
5bn for 1.2m students. Laughable. 4k for each student.
Where did you guys hear "5bn" from?

Funding will come from a percentage of FIRS yearly revenue.

Pls always be informed!

3 Likes

Re: Student Loan: 1.2 Million Beneficiaries Listed As Scheme Begins Friday by Sermwell(m): 8:21am On May 21
Naz34:
My observation is to watch & see how the undeserving citizens who dont wish anything good for their country come out and still bad mouth / bastardise the process. Some will even use it as a means to japa . Use the loan to get their degree finish without committing to paying back , sneak out to abroad to go further or work & still bad mouth the nation that aided their education . Hmmm!
Don't even bother!!! This nonsense is not going to work!! Those people you're talking about do not even rely on any useless government for thier daily bread!! Someone from that tribe has not led this country before, but thier people have been doing well compared to you who's tribesmen have been ruling this country.

Shame no dey catch you self?? grin grin
Re: Student Loan: 1.2 Million Beneficiaries Listed As Scheme Begins Friday by RickyJesus: 8:21am On May 21
DeLaRue:
If Mr Tinubu can be serious about the student loan scheme and make it work, this will perhaps be his biggest legacy. More so than the coastal road.

The scheme will affect millions of students and continue to run for several decades.

Subsequent administrations will improve, or even rebrand it with a different name, but it will continue to be associated with Mr Tinubu.

Does Mr Tinubu realise how important the scheme is to his legacy, if he gets it right?

Big question.

Too early to start shouting about legal legacy, he should serve the people first.
Re: Student Loan: 1.2 Million Beneficiaries Listed As Scheme Begins Friday by Okoroawusa: 8:21am On May 21
I Love Bola Ahmed Tinubu

1 Like

Re: Student Loan: 1.2 Million Beneficiaries Listed As Scheme Begins Friday by Hoelujohn: 8:23am On May 21
adamusuleiman1:
Good news. Congrats to the recipient.
Hope you are well? Ask anyone from your church/mosque/street if they know anyone that know anyone that is a beneficiary. This type of things are use to siphon money finance upcoming elections.
Re: Student Loan: 1.2 Million Beneficiaries Listed As Scheme Begins Friday by Yelight(m): 8:35am On May 21
This is the justification for the geometric hike in school fees in Nigeria, #10b will be loan out to 1.2m students while #25b will be used to digitalise the house of the President, #6b for National Assembly's car park. Oh my Nigeria.
Re: Student Loan: 1.2 Million Beneficiaries Listed As Scheme Begins Friday by Krankhead: 8:52am On May 21
Bullfallo:
Scamm scheme . Trust me you will not find anyone that know someone and who know anyone that receive this loan.
Mr Thomas. Instead of ranting online it would have been better you apply. Then if you didn't receive it then your complain is legitimate otherwise just keep quiet

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Student Loan: 1.2 Million Beneficiaries Listed As Scheme Begins Friday by Ballerteam: 8:58am On May 21
5 billion naira was budgeted for the said scheme, while projecting about 1.2 million students as beneficiary. This equate to around 4 thousand naira per student. Someone should help me to understand about this whole program.
Re: Student Loan: 1.2 Million Beneficiaries Listed As Scheme Begins Friday by Ballerteam: 8:59am On May 21
Khyrvxjzy:
where you see 5 billion

you no get sense
It was passed as budget
Ballerteam:
5 billion naira was budgeted for the said scheme, while projecting about 1.2 million students as beneficiary. This equate to around 4 thousand naira per student. Someone should help me to understand about this whole program.
Re: Student Loan: 1.2 Million Beneficiaries Listed As Scheme Begins Friday by chukel(m): 9:31am On May 21
Khyrvxjzy:
where you see 5 billion

you no get sense
Ewu, go and check 2024 budgetary allocation for student loan

1 Like

Re: Student Loan: 1.2 Million Beneficiaries Listed As Scheme Begins Friday by chukel(m): 9:33am On May 21
commoditiesnig:

Where did you guys hear "5bn" from?

Funding will come from a percentage of FIRS yearly revenue.

Pls always be informed!
it will do you well to properly inform yourself by going thru the 2024 budgetary provision for student loan.
Re: Student Loan: 1.2 Million Beneficiaries Listed As Scheme Begins Friday by GorillaApp(m): 9:39am On May 21
Fatbam005:
why not ask Shettima
Your f00lishness is like peak milk....it's in you
Re: Student Loan: 1.2 Million Beneficiaries Listed As Scheme Begins Friday by Fearurcreeator: 9:45am On May 21
Bullfallo:
Scamm scheme . Trust me you will not find anyone that know someone and who know anyone that receive this loan.
Shut up ... Even if you were given shame won't let you say it... Useless people...
Re: Student Loan: 1.2 Million Beneficiaries Listed As Scheme Begins Friday by Fearurcreeator: 9:46am On May 21
C2Ok:
This isn’t gonna be sustainable, the odds of paying back after graduation in a toxic economic environment is abysmally low
No jobs whatsoever for those who sponsored themselves, many aren’t even using their certificates at the moment, imagine taking all these loans only to try and pay back with POS work🤦‍♂️
Na people wey Sabi book go collect am mostly...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Goodbye Okonjo Iweala... / 224 Firms Bid For Nigerian Crude Oil Contract / End Of The Road As JONATHAN Confirms Buhari’s True Identity….. READ MORE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.