Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,153 members, 7,860,126 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:17 AM

Your Thoughts On CAF's 2-Legged Final Play-Off? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Your Thoughts On CAF's 2-Legged Final Play-Off? (10943 Views)

Enyimba, Al Ittihad Wait On CAF Over Enyinba’s ‘Inability’ To Honour Retun Leg / Okocha: Missing Out On CAF POTY Award My Biggest Regret / Meet Amon Okechukwu : 1 Legged Nigerian Athlete That Can Jump Over Cars - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Thoughts On CAF's 2-Legged Final Play-Off? by koreanlord: 9:17am On May 21
femi4:
A useless move, that's a step backward and expect violence and win at home at all cost to return.

The new caf president with his deluded ideas, imagine

Zoning female Olympic and wcq

Now bringing back 2 legged finals in champions league
Na that zoning Gan gan pain me pass...
Re: Your Thoughts On CAF's 2-Legged Final Play-Off? by Slimlord(m): 9:21am On May 21
Best solution is to wait until the final teams are qualified, then choose a neutral venue beneficial in distance to both teams.
Re: Your Thoughts On CAF's 2-Legged Final Play-Off? by femi4: 9:21am On May 21
koreanlord:
Na that zoning Gan gan pain me pass...
With Zoning, the best from the continent won't represent us at world stage
Re: Your Thoughts On CAF's 2-Legged Final Play-Off? by Realdeals(m): 9:22am On May 21
I think they are worried about the inability of fans to travel to neutral venues to watch their team.

Imagine any Nigerian club reaching the final, how many fans can afford traveling to morroco to watch the final, but full stadium can be achieved if played on two legged.

2 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On CAF's 2-Legged Final Play-Off? by Cocolatti(m): 9:42am On May 21
It's to create room for wuruwuru
grin grin grin
Re: Your Thoughts On CAF's 2-Legged Final Play-Off? by omooba05: 9:59am On May 21
Change the caf president to a Nigerian
Re: Your Thoughts On CAF's 2-Legged Final Play-Off? by Bahamas95(m): 10:05am On May 21
It doesn't make sense to me.

Africans just do things anyhow.
Re: Your Thoughts On CAF's 2-Legged Final Play-Off? by DelphiOracle(m): 10:09am On May 21
Very rubbish and archaic
Re: Your Thoughts On CAF's 2-Legged Final Play-Off? by 2B1ASK1(m): 10:09am On May 21
I think it's awesome, we don't have to copy the developed world in everything, our sports are not there yet,so I think the home and away finals will create more revenue and also make fans come out to support their teams. Europe has no borders unlike Africa, you can use train to connect practically all of Europe so their fan can travel to any venues unlike in Africa where you have to travel by air, I believe you know how costly that can be especially when you include hotel accommodation.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On CAF's 2-Legged Final Play-Off? by Empresa: 10:21am On May 21
Let countries bid to host the final. That way the host country will market the event to make profit.
Caf should stop all this old school football
Re: Your Thoughts On CAF's 2-Legged Final Play-Off? by kendrick9(m): 10:54am On May 21
nony43:
It will be too violent in North African countries and Africa at large, imagine you come my home come carry champions league for my head, how you won take go house?
This has been the normal way for CAF competions.
Enyimba won back to back and they played home and away.
It was in 2020 or so CAF introduced single leg in a neutral venue.
But Africa is facing challenges, Africans rarely travel to another country to watch a game.
Empty stadiums caused CAF to return to how it has always been

2 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On CAF's 2-Legged Final Play-Off? by kendrick9(m): 10:55am On May 21
Realdeals:
I think they are worried about the inability of fans to travel to neutral venues to watch their team.

Imagine any Nigerian club reaching the final, how many fans can afford traveling to morroco to watch the final, but full stadium can be achieved if played on two legged.
Exactly.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On CAF's 2-Legged Final Play-Off? by AK481(m): 11:00am On May 21
christejames:
A terrible and anachronistic way of marketing the continental football undecided

CAF has argued that when it's played in neutral venue, that fans of those teams rarely attend or are shortchanged from attending. What an archaic thought from CAF, they don't know that hosting it in neutral venues will not just expose those clubs to news fans and pique the interest of some of the host people on continental football?

A neutral finals, will also go a long way in opening up new cities across the continent, boosting commerce and tourism.

The last time Uyo hosted the finals on a neutral basis it was entertaining and so many Akwa-Ibomites filled the stadium (though not to capacity) and it brought joy of continental football to the people.

Flight between Africa countries are very expensive.

The fans will only come when it's easy to access their team playing .

2 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On CAF's 2-Legged Final Play-Off? by NFBI: 11:17am On May 21
Even the Asian own is two legged

3 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On CAF's 2-Legged Final Play-Off? by NFBI: 11:18am On May 21
DelphiOracle:
Very rubbish and archaic
Asia own is also two legged
Re: Your Thoughts On CAF's 2-Legged Final Play-Off? by Hintme: 11:48am On May 21
It is good and I don't see anything wrong in it. Must we (Africa) do it their own way always? Must we copy them always? No.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On CAF's 2-Legged Final Play-Off? by OGHENAOGIE(m): 12:32pm On May 21
christejames:
A terrible and anachronistic way of marketing the continental football undecided

CAF has argued that when it's played in neutral venue, that fans of those teams rarely attend or are shortchanged from attending. What an archaic thought from CAF, they don't know that hosting it in neutral venues will not just expose those clubs to news fans and pique the interest of some of the host people on continental football?

A neutral finals, will also go a long way in opening up new cities across the continent, boosting commerce and tourism.

The last time Uyo hosted the finals on a neutral basis it was entertaining and so many Akwa-Ibomites filled the stadium (though not to capacity) and it brought joy of continental football to the people.
South America still does two legs not everything u copy from Europe.. in Europe cos of good infrastructure and transport network plus no much border situation one can take train from Germany or Holland to England to watch a game... It's expensive to travel in Africa so Caf is right to have returned to status quo... Football belongs to the fans primarily...

3 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On CAF's 2-Legged Final Play-Off? by OGHENAOGIE(m): 12:35pm On May 21
2B1ASK1:
I think it's awesome, we don't have to copy the developed world in everything, our sports are not there yet,so I think the home and away finals will create more revenue and also make fans come out to support their teams. Europe has no borders unlike Africa, you can use train to connect practically all of Europe so their fan can travel to any venues unlike in Africa where you have to travel by air, I believe you know how costly that can be especially when you include hotel accommodation.
that's the true situation... Europe is borderless unlike Africa... To travel is expensive afcon how many fans get to attend... Besides we must not copy Europe in everything... South America that's quite as developed in their football with Europe still does two legs...

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On CAF's 2-Legged Final Play-Off? by khattab02: 12:39pm On May 21
Well u might as well give your thoughts about the AFC champions league (Asian)that is also 2 legged final as well as the Copa libertadores(south America) and Concafa champion league.

Not every one copies the UCL.

Then again.. there is serious problems of visa and air travel in Africa.

And how many stadia are really really fit to be hosting the finals. The North will sway the way.
Re: Your Thoughts On CAF's 2-Legged Final Play-Off? by khattab02: 12:42pm On May 21
2B1ASK1:
Oho..

Very good points. They seems to forget these are serious bottle necks in Africa

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On CAF's 2-Legged Final Play-Off? by khattab02: 12:44pm On May 21
NFBI:
Even the Asian own is two legged
so also Concacaf and and South America.

No mind them.. we like to quickly condemn our own.
Re: Your Thoughts On CAF's 2-Legged Final Play-Off? by LadyExcellency: 1:26pm On May 21
callmevirus:
Nothing concern me but E dey mind

Please where's Jennyclay?

She dey PSquare house.
Re: Your Thoughts On CAF's 2-Legged Final Play-Off? by firearcher: 2:23pm On May 21
I understand CAF's position. Football is money. CAF will definitely make more money and fill the stadium for each final match using this approach. They get to the chance to earn double for tickets, TV rights, etc

Unlike Europe, fans in neutral venues don't turn out enmasse to watch clubs from other countries, except if maybe they want to throw the stadium open for free. They certainly won't pay premium price. If there are renowned stars in both team, maybe they might attract some fans but beyond that, forget it. Except if their governments will cover the cost which is often the case.

And the finalists fans? How many can afford to travel? Africa is also big and international travels is still a lot of headache.

Regardless however, I don't like the idea of a 2-legged finals. We have tried it before and the home-win at all cost was the order of the day. Officials and players are all placed under undue pressure and the North Africans are the worst at hosting such finals.

CAF should explore other opportunities and options before reverting to this outdated practice.
Re: Your Thoughts On CAF's 2-Legged Final Play-Off? by Jackipapa: 3:48pm On May 21
One final in a neutral ground.
Re: Your Thoughts On CAF's 2-Legged Final Play-Off? by Spiritualmind10: 4:34pm On May 21
Rubbish! A final match should be a final match and should be played on a neutral ground. Home & away isn't making any sense to me in a final match.
Re: Your Thoughts On CAF's 2-Legged Final Play-Off? by Olatayo0103: 4:39pm On May 21
Waste of time and energy.
Re: Your Thoughts On CAF's 2-Legged Final Play-Off? by Madups(m): 4:46pm On May 21
NPFLADMIN:
So CAF brought back the two-legged final play-off. Meaning the final match of the CAFchampions league and confederation cup will be in two legs, both home and away which is unlike the UEFA which is just one leg.

What are your thoughts on this guys?

i said something two years ago during the afcon.. I said the continent is not yet ready for the game soccer and everybody was like what is this guy saying sef? My stand hasn't change one bit. Hopefully in the next dacade or two we'll be ready.
Re: Your Thoughts On CAF's 2-Legged Final Play-Off? by koreanlord: 7:37pm On May 21
femi4:
With Zoning, the best from the continent won't represent us at world stage
exactly bro
Re: Your Thoughts On CAF's 2-Legged Final Play-Off? by xeju: 4:17am On May 22
Your head dey correct so? Nor be 2 legged final dem dey play already
nony43:
It will be too violent in North African countries and Africa at large, imagine you come my home come carry champions league for my head, how you won take go house?

2 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On CAF's 2-Legged Final Play-Off? by BALLOSKI: 6:57am On May 22
NPFLADMIN:
So CAF brought back the two-legged final play-off. Meaning the final match of the CAFchampions league and confederation cup will be in two legs, both home and away which is unlike the UEFA which is just one leg.

That's fair.
Re: Your Thoughts On CAF's 2-Legged Final Play-Off? by BALLOSKI: 6:59am On May 22
nony43:
Oga, that's how it's been. Enyimba won the 2 champions league it won by the 2-legged finals.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On CAF's 2-Legged Final Play-Off? by Diego35M: 7:11am On May 22
NPFLADMIN:

i don't think it's a good idea

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

London 2012 Paralympics Opening Ceremony - Pictures / Daily Sure Predictions Of 95% Accuraccy / Messi Becomes A Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.