Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,719 members, 7,865,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 07:03 AM

Why Do Men Punish The Children Along When Having Issues With Their Wives? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Men Punish The Children Along When Having Issues With Their Wives? (735 Views)

I Am Having Issues With My Brother’s Wife And Her Two Sisters / Why Do Men Lose Interest In Their Wives After Few Years In Marriage? / Banker's Wife Pregnant For Lesson Teacher Hired By Husband For The Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Men Punish The Children Along When Having Issues With Their Wives? by Darlingme(f): 9:33am On May 21
Alot of women have lost their life in domestic violence, all because they can't walk away leaving their children behind.
Many single mothers, held unto their children even when the society laughed at them and call them names.

But Why is it so easy for men to walk away living their children to suffer along side their mother?
We've seen cases where the husband walk away with another woman, abandoning his wife and children just because he had a misunderstanding with his wife.

Most baby daddies who left their pregnant girlfriend and some with their children, do these at ease.

To some people, once they divorce their wife's, they ultomatically forget about the well-being of their children.

Why is it always easy for men to abandon their children when having misunderstanding with their wives?
Is it a way of punishing the woman or why?
Does it mean men don't have strong affection for their children?
Does it mean a mother who gives birth to a child is the real owner of her child?

But why?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Punish The Children Along When Having Issues With Their Wives? by Zonefree(m): 9:39am On May 21
A man had a little misunderstanding with his jobless wife. The wife left his house with their 3 children. After few weeks, the woman started calling the man to send feeding money for the children, the man refused.

My question is, why should a jobless broke and wretched woman take 3 children away from their father when she's aware she can't take care of them? Don't you think she's the wicked person here?

You want your children to suffer for your inability to reconcile issues with your husband, your benefactor.

As a married woman, before you leave your marriage with your kids, make sure you have source of income that can cater for you and the kids. If you're jobless and broke, go alone, leave the kids with their father. When you fix yourself, come back for your kids.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Men Punish The Children Along When Having Issues With Their Wives? by Creamypie(m): 9:47am On May 21
Darlingme:
Alot of women have lost their life in domestic violence, all because they can't walk away leaving their children behind.
Many single mothers, held unto their children even when the society laughed at them and call them names.

But Why is it so easy for men to walk away living their children to suffer along side their mother?
We've seen cases where the husband walk away with another woman, abandoning his wife and children just because he had a misunderstanding with his wife.

Most baby daddies who left their pregnant girlfriend and some with their children, do these at ease.

To some people, once they divorce their wife's, they ultomatically forget about the well-being of their children.

Why is it always easy for men to abandon their children when having misunderstanding with their wives?
Does it mean a mother who gives birth to a child is the real owner of her child?

But why?
on another note, y do women brainwash children into believing they are the ones paying the bills, and not the dad. y is it that in the event of separation, divorce the children go with their mum, begin to suffer, bearing in mind their mothers have turned em to her side thinking she's the bread winner? On the basis of the above and others not listed, y are u complaining about abandonment

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Punish The Children Along When Having Issues With Their Wives? by Darlingme(f): 9:54am On May 21
Creamypie:
on another note, y do women brainwash children into believing they are the ones paying the bills, and not the dad. y is it that in the event of separation, divorce the children begin to suffer, bearing in mind their mothers have turned em to her side thinking she's the bread winner? On the basis of the above and others not listed, y are u complaining about abandonment
I don't think you understand me correctly.
I'm not saying you shouldn't abandon the woman if she's stressing you, but including your children? What's their offense?
Before they grow up with their mother all alone, seeing you as the wicked father who left them, why did you abandon them in the first place?
You can be separated from their mother and still be there for them
Re: Why Do Men Punish The Children Along When Having Issues With Their Wives? by Darlingme(f): 9:59am On May 21
Zonefree:
A man had a little misunderstanding with his jobless wife. The wife left his house with their 3 children. After few weeks, the woman started calling the man to send feeding money for the children, the man refused.

My question is, why should a jobless broke and wretched woman take 3 children away from their father when she's aware she can't take care of them? Don't you think she's the wicked person here?

You want your children to suffer for your inability to reconcile issues with your husband, your benefactor.

As a married woman, before you leave your marriage with your kids, make sure you have source of income that can cater for you and the kids. If you're jobless and broke, go alone, leave the kids with their father. When you fix yourself, come back for your kids.
So, your jobless wife take away your children, knowing that the children will suffer with her, why do you feel less concerned? Don't you have affection for your children well being or it's ok for them to suffer their mother's bad behavior?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Punish The Children Along When Having Issues With Their Wives? by Zonefree(m): 10:05am On May 21
Darlingme:
So, your jobless wife take away your children, knowing that the children will suffer with her, why do you feel less concerned? Don't you have affection for your children well being or it's ok for them to suffer their mother's bad behavior?
You remember how FFK handled this same issues with Snow white?

Go and get your children, employ a nanny to take care of them.

Don't finance a runaway wife's lifestyle because she's with your children.

9 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Punish The Children Along When Having Issues With Their Wives? by Darlingme(f): 10:21am On May 21
Zonefree:

You remember how FFK handled this same issues with Snow white?

Go and get your children, employ a nanny to take care of them.

Don't finance a runaway wife's lifestyle because she's with your children.
How it's easy to see the children as her children and not our children is what amazed me.
That's why the fight between a father who abandoned his children and the children when they've grown never have an end.
So many men here grew up having that bitterness against their father for negligence, but they are still here repeating the sin of their father.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Punish The Children Along When Having Issues With Their Wives? by Shimran(m): 10:23am On May 21
Real men don't do this.
A real man, even if he's not in good terms with his wife, will acts normally to his wife in the presence of the children, talkmore of hurting his own children just to prove a point cool

That's why some children chest beat that they never witness case of dispute between their parents.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Men Punish The Children Along When Having Issues With Their Wives? by Darlingme(f): 10:25am On May 21
Shimran:
Real men don't do this.
A real man, even if he's not in good terms with his wife, will acts normally to his wife in the presence of the children, talkmore of hurting his own children just to prove a point cool

That's why some children chest beat that they never witness case of dispute between their parents.
Thank you for your understanding. Lovely 💕
And when you're such a father, your children can never take side with your wife. Because they are growing to see who is actually at fault.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Punish The Children Along When Having Issues With Their Wives? by Zonefree(m): 10:30am On May 21
Darlingme:
How it's easy to see the children as her children and not our children is what amazed me.
That's why the fight between a father who abandoned his children and the children when they've grown never have an end.
So many men here grew up having that bitterness against their father for negligence, but they are still here repeating the sin of their father.
Children that grow with their father always look and care for their runaway mum when they're all grown.

While children that grow with their mother always have this bitterness towards their father. This is because, women always corrupt their mind at tender age.

FFK method remains the best method after separation.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Men Punish The Children Along When Having Issues With Their Wives? by Darlingme(f): 11:09am On May 21
Zonefree:

Children that grow with their father always look and care for their runaway mum when they're all grown.

While children that grow with their mother always have this bitterness towards their father. This is because, women always corrupt their mind at tender age.

FFK method remains the best method after separation.
The irony of this FFK theory is, reality have proven. So many children whose father abandoned them and never supported them, have grown up, well financially stable than their run away fathers.
In my own opinion, once you have a child/children, your major priority is how to properly take good care of them. No matter the wrong behavior of your husband/wife.

Why would any sane man push his wife and his children outside his house, forming a semi god, embarrassing his children Infront of neighbors all in the name of dispute with your wife?

You don't know your children have pride as well to protect Infront of their friends?
Do you think they are not getting hurt?
Do you think you're not going to decline in your strength for ever?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Men Punish The Children Along When Having Issues With Their Wives? by Dainy1(m): 12:26pm On May 21
Nothing can make me abandon my kids

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Men Punish The Children Along When Having Issues With Their Wives? by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:24pm On May 21
Darlingme:

But why?

the answer to the above is very simple: women are emotional beings while men arent... so when our lives are in danger, we men would rather walk away without thinking of anything but ourselves, while women would rather stay and put their lives in jeopardy due to their emotional state of mind.

so when women use children as a tool to blackmail men into staying with them, men will rather drop both of them than stay with a foul woman (and coparent that child from afar). on the other hand, when women are in an abusive r/ship, they rather stay (for the sake of the child) and possibly die in the same process, instead of walking away from such abusive r/ship.

having a child with someone is just that, there is no unwritten rule that you must stay with that person, regardless of whats happening in that r/ship. if it doesnt work out, then just walk away and coparent that child. it certainly doesnt mean you are abandoning the child, you are just abandoning the foul mother.

BTW there is no such thing as "the real owner of a child", some people simply understand that you can still be a great parent to your child, without having to be with your foul or abusive partner.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Men Punish The Children Along When Having Issues With Their Wives? by Sapasenator: 5:14am On May 22
My paternal grandfather had a serious quarrel with his wife and just disliked her. My dad as an only child took side with his mother against the father and he was instantly cut off by his own father.
When he was near death, he sold off all his houses and have out money to his kinsmen making sure my dad could not get a dime. He was very rich but stopped my dad from going to the secondary school in those days.
Years later, we realized my dad's mom was a very bad person who manipulated her son against his father.

That was the reason I changed my last name after my dad told me the story.

Wtf !
Re: Why Do Men Punish The Children Along When Having Issues With Their Wives? by Kobojunkie: 6:23am On May 22
Creamypie:
on another note, y do women brainwash children into believing they are the ones paying the bills, and not the dad. y is it that in the event of separation, divorce the children go with their mum, begin to suffer, bearing in mind their mothers have turned em to her side thinking she's the bread winner? On the basis of the above and others not listed, y are u complaining about abandonment
So are we to believe then that it is ok to abandon/discard your children once you feel they have been brainwashed? undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Men Punish The Children Along When Having Issues With Their Wives? by Kobojunkie: 6:27am On May 22
Sapasenator:
My paternal grandfather had a serious quarrel with his wife and just disliked her. My dad as an only child took side with his mother against the father and he was instantly cut off by his own father.
When he was near death, he sold off all his houses and have out money to his kinsmen making sure my dad could not get a dime. He was very rich but stopped my dad from going to the secondary school in those days.
Years later, we realized my dad's mom was a very bad person who manipulated her son against his father.
That was the reason I changed my last name after my dad told me the story. Wtf !
Your granddad abandoned his own child simply because he picked his mother over him? Does it make sense that a sensible caretaker would do such a thing? No matter how bad the mother may have been, there is no excuse for what your granddad did to his own son. Imagine a supposed grown up holding a grudge.until death against his own son? Tufiakwa!!; undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Men Punish The Children Along When Having Issues With Their Wives? by Mindlog: 6:30am On May 22
Sapasenator:

Wtf !

He denied his son who was probably then in primary school, secondary school education because the minor sided his mum, shared out his wealth to his other relatives to spite his son.....father of the century!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Men Punish The Children Along When Having Issues With Their Wives? by cococandy(f): 6:38am On May 22
Says more about him than the so called mom who brainwashed the kid.

Maybe there was no brainwashing involved. Maybe that’s who he really was and the kid learned the truth.

If you’re not evil, you can’t cut off your child and deny him education plus his inheritance because of what he was told when he knew no better.

He might have been “brainwashed” as child, but by denying him education as he was growing, your grandad confirmed the truth.
Sapasenator:

Wtf !

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Punish The Children Along When Having Issues With Their Wives? by Sapasenator: 6:50am On May 22
cococandy:
Says more about him than the so called mom who brainwashed the kid.

Maybe there was no brainwashing involved. Maybe that’s who he really was and the kid learned the truth.

If you’re not evil, you can cut off your child and deny him education plus his inheritance because of what he was told when he knew no better.

He might have been “brainwashed” as child, but by denying him education as he was growing, your grandad confirmed the truth.

He still ordered properties to be sold on his deathbed, he hated the wife so much he did not want her getting any thing from his son.
His only son for that matter.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Men Punish The Children Along When Having Issues With Their Wives? by cococandy(f): 6:54am On May 22
Sapasenator:

He still ordered properties to be sold on his deathbed, he hated the wife so much he did not want her getting any thing from his son.
His only son for that matter.

Yikes 😳
I’m so sorry

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Punish The Children Along When Having Issues With Their Wives? by Sapasenator: 6:56am On May 22
Mindlog:

He denied his son who was probably then in primary school, secondary school education because the minor sided his mum, shared out his wealth to his other relatives to spite his son.....father of the century!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

The guy na very vindictive guy. He was forced to marry the woman according to Igbo tradition in those days I was told. At the end of life we were all cut off from the grandmother as she was so divisive and evil.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Punish The Children Along When Having Issues With Their Wives? by Sapasenator: 6:58am On May 22
cococandy:

Yikes 😳
I’m so sorry

I refused to bear his name after the story, I had my last name changed to my father's first name. My grandma was a very bad woman who changed in her latter years. She continuously instructed her son to chase away my mom and collect the children , she had my father under her thumb for a very long time. We all grew up to despise her though. Very evil woman.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Punish The Children Along When Having Issues With Their Wives? by cococandy(f): 7:00am On May 22
Sapasenator:

I refused to bear his name after the story, I had my last name changed to my father's first name. My grandma was a very bad woman who changed in her latter years. She continuously instructed her son to chase away my mom and collect the children , she had my father under her thumb for a very long time. We all grew up to despise her though. Very evil woman.

Seems like they were both bad and your dad was the one to suffer for it.

Hopefully he found a way to thrive despite grandmom being a manipulative woman and grandad being a heart hardened patriarch.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Punish The Children Along When Having Issues With Their Wives? by Sapasenator: 7:12am On May 22
Kobojunkie:
Your granddad abandoned his own child simply because he picked his mother over him? Does it make sense that a sensible caretaker would do such a thing? No matter how bad the mother may have been, there is no excuse for what your granddad did to his own son. Imagine a supposed grown up holding a grudge.until death against his own son? Tufiakwa!!; undecided

He did. I wished I saw him to ask him the rationale behind his madness. He believed his wife would collect everything for her son and he never wanted her to benefit.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Punish The Children Along When Having Issues With Their Wives? by Mindlog: 7:17am On May 22
Sapasenator:

The guy na very vindictive guy. He was forced to marry the woman according to Igbo tradition in those days I was told. At the end of life we were all cut off from the grandmother as she was so divisive and evil.

Did he impregnate her or physically injured her, that he was "forced" to marry her?

Denying his son better education because of his anger towards his wife, na skosko.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Punish The Children Along When Having Issues With Their Wives? by Mindlog: 7:22am On May 22
Sapasenator:

This proves the theory that mothers-in-law who are toxic towards their daughters-in-law, didn't have a healthy marriage themselves, using their daughters-in-law as their displacement.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Punish The Children Along When Having Issues With Their Wives? by Sapasenator: 7:24am On May 22
Mindlog:

Did he impregnate her or physically injured her, that he was "forced" to marry her?

Denying his son better education because of his anger towards his wife, na skosko.

The kinsmen insisted he must marry her. He was in love with a woman in Kogi state were he was based and i believe there were married, and he was told never to continue with the Kogi woman. They practically forced the evil grandma on him and he despised her from the beginning. I might have some unknown relatives Idah self.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Punish The Children Along When Having Issues With Their Wives? by Sapasenator: 7:25am On May 22
Mindlog:

This proves the theory that mothers-in-law who are toxic towards their daughters-in-law, didn't have a healthy marriage themselves, using their daughters-in-law as their displacement.

She was very toxic. At some point tried to get my mom killed. She practically controlled my dad until we were grown and confronted her.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Punish The Children Along When Having Issues With Their Wives? by Darlingme(f): 9:33am On May 22
MrBrownJay1:

the answer to the above is very simple: women are emotional beings while men arent... so when our lives are in danger, we men would rather walk away without thinking of anything but ourselves, while women would rather stay and put their lives in jeopardy due to their emotional state of mind.

so when women use children as a tool to blackmail men into staying with them, men will rather drop both of them than stay with a foul woman (and coparent that child from afar). on the other hand, when women are in an abusive r/ship, they rather stay (for the sake of the child) and possibly die in the same process, instead of walking away from such abusive r/ship.

having a child with someone is just that, there is no unwritten rule that you must stay with that person, regardless of whats happening in that r/ship. if it doesnt work out, then just walk away and coparent that child. it certainly doesnt mean you are abandoning the child, you are just abandoning the foul mother.

BTW there is no such thing as "the real owner of a child", some people simply understand that you can still be a great parent to your child, without having to be with your foul or abusive partner.
Wao. So enlightened. I wish women can also think about themselves in situations like that. But it's very difficult for a mother to Walk away and think about herself alone

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Punish The Children Along When Having Issues With Their Wives? by Darlingme(f): 9:43am On May 22
Sapasenator:

Wtf !
Too bad. But why did he stop his son from obtaining education? He didn't do well at all.
I have heard a story where a very rich coinel, had a misunderstanding with his wife, willed all his properties to his sidechic whom he later married before his death. Till today, his grown up children are still suffering. No serious job, no better accomodations Why his second young wife controls everything owned by the man.
Is very sad how men make decisions to punish their children just because they have issues with their mother

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Punish The Children Along When Having Issues With Their Wives? by Darlingme(f): 9:46am On May 22
Mindlog:

Very terrible person. It's unfortunate, so many young father of today still have that mind

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Punish The Children Along When Having Issues With Their Wives? by Darlingme(f): 9:48am On May 22
Sapasenator:

So sorry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Single Lady At 30 / Your Key To Success In 2009 / Child Care

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.