Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,865 members, 7,862,860 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 08:00 AM

Why Do Men Punish The Children Along When Having Issues With Their Wives? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Men Punish The Children Along When Having Issues With Their Wives? (728 Views)

I Am Having Issues With My Brother’s Wife And Her Two Sisters / Why Do Men Lose Interest In Their Wives After Few Years In Marriage? / Banker's Wife Pregnant For Lesson Teacher Hired By Husband For The Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Men Punish The Children Along When Having Issues With Their Wives? by lululovesblue(f): 9:49am On May 22
What a dad!
In secondary school most people are still doing trial and error in their life. His dad chose to stop him from schooling because he chose his mom's side in an argument. Gave away his properties, was petty even on his deathbed, because of something his son did in secondary school. Na baba. In fact, we suppose give am award. Most levelheaded and mature-thinking individual. He should have run for president with that kind of mentality. Me too, when I have kids, if they break one plate or come back home with any result that's not an A, I too will cut them off. This changed the trajectory of my life.
Sapasenator:
My paternal grandfather had a serious quarrel with his wife and just disliked her. My dad as an only child took side with his mother against the father and he was instantly cut off by his own father.
When he was near death, he sold off all his houses and have out money to his kinsmen making sure my dad could not get a dime. He was very rich but stopped my dad from going to the secondary school in those days.
Years later, we realized my dad's mom was a very bad person who manipulated her son against his father.

That was the reason I changed my last name after my dad told me the story.

Wtf !

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Punish The Children Along When Having Issues With Their Wives? by lululovesblue(f): 9:54am On May 22
Honestly sha, may we not marry problems. This one you're saying sef is small. My mom's stepmother scattered their home and made her dad stop supporting her through school. Also made her biological mom leave the house. My mom really suffered because of her. Either way, if you get married and have misunderstandings with your wife, don't take it out on your kids, even if they don't take your side. Learn from your dad's experiences. I hope it didn't affect him too much.
Sapasenator:

I refused to bear his name after the story, I had my last name changed to my father's first name. My grandma was a very bad woman who changed in her latter years. She continuously instructed her son to chase away my mom and collect the children , she had my father under her thumb for a very long time. We all grew up to despise her though. Very evil woman.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Punish The Children Along When Having Issues With Their Wives? by Darlingme(f): 9:54am On May 22
lululovesblue:
What a dad!
In secondary school most people are still doing trial and error in their life. His dad chose to stop him from schooling because he chose his mom's side in an argument. Gave away his properties, was petty even on his deathbed, because of something his son did in secondary school. Na baba. In fact, we suppose give am award. Most levelheaded and mature-thinking individual. He should have run for president with that kind of mentality. Me too, when I have kids, if they break one plate or come back home with any result that's not an A, I too will cut them off. Thanks for sharing this wonderful story. It changed the trajectory of my life.
Infact, they are free to break all the plate in the house. Nau all of us go suffer am. Lol 😂
Re: Why Do Men Punish The Children Along When Having Issues With Their Wives? by Darlingme(f): 9:56am On May 22
lululovesblue:
Honestly sha, may we not marry problems. This one you're saying sef is small. My mom's stepmother scattered their home and made her dad stop supporting her through school. Also made her biological mom leave the house. My mom really suffered because of her. Either way, if you get married and have misunderstandings with your wife, don't take it out on your kids, even if they don't take your side. Learn from your dad's experiences. I hope it didn't affect him too much.
God. Terrible things happens. Some life story are so dishearten
Re: Why Do Men Punish The Children Along When Having Issues With Their Wives? by lululovesblue(f): 9:57am On May 22
Let's be friends, you sound like a kind person, and on this kind of forum that's rare to find
Darlingme:
God. Terrible things happens. Some life story are so dishearten

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Punish The Children Along When Having Issues With Their Wives? by Sapasenator: 9:58am On May 22
lululovesblue:
What a dad!
In secondary school most people are still doing trial and error in their life. His dad chose to stop him from schooling because he chose his mom's side in an argument. Gave away his properties, was petty even on his deathbed, because of something his son did in secondary school. Na baba. In fact, we suppose give am award. Most levelheaded and mature-thinking individual. He should have run for president with that kind of mentality. Me too, when I have kids, if they break one plate or come back home with any result that's not an A, I too will cut them off. This changed the trajectory of my life.

The Mom was a big time manipulator, even after we were in high school when she came to live with us, she would make up stories to tell my dad about us, how we maltreated her all in the hope of causing rancour between us and our dad. She was a bad woman plain and simple.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Punish The Children Along When Having Issues With Their Wives? by Darlingme(f): 9:58am On May 22
lululovesblue:
Let's be friends, you sound like a kind person, and on this kind of forum that's rare to find
You're welcome dear
Re: Why Do Men Punish The Children Along When Having Issues With Their Wives? by Sapasenator: 10:00am On May 22
lululovesblue:

It did. He could not attend university. My grandfather lent part of the money to one of the kinsmen who used that to send his child abroad for studies, this was my dad former classmate and friend. This guy came back well read and later became a deputy governor in my state. My dad had to go for menial jobs and could not further beyond high school.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Punish The Children Along When Having Issues With Their Wives? by Darlingme(f): 10:07am On May 22
Sapasenator:

It did. He could not attend university. My grandfather lent part of the money to one of the kinsmen who used that to send his child abroad for studies, this was my dad former classmate and friend. This guy came back well read and later became a deputy governor in my state. My dad had to go for menial jobs and could not further beyond high school.
I'm sorry. But your grandfather was a bad person. A man who deprive his own son good education, knowing the importance is not a kind human. Sad

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Punish The Children Along When Having Issues With Their Wives? by Sapasenator: 10:17am On May 22
Darlingme:
I'm sorry. But your grandfather was a bad person. A man who deprive his own son good education, knowing the importance is not a kind human. Sad

I totally agree with you. No excuse for such behavior.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Punish The Children Along When Having Issues With Their Wives? by psalmylee(m): 3:00pm On May 22
Shimran:
Real men don't do this.
A real man, even if he's not in good terms with his wife, will acts normally to his wife in the presence of the children, talkmore of hurting his own children just to prove a point cool

That's why some children chest beat that they never witness case of dispute between their parents.
real man..I see u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Men Punish The Children Along When Having Issues With Their Wives? by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:04pm On May 22
Darlingme:
Wao. So enlightened. I wish women can also think about themselves in situations like that. But it's very difficult for a mother to Walk away and think about herself alone

a mother has a special bond with a child (from the get go) that we fathers only get after many years interacting with our child/children. walking away doesnt mean we love the child any less, it just means that "for our sanity, and to be better parents, we rather walk away from that person (who makes it clear that its now a package deal....(aka both of them and nothing else)"... so walking away may look as punishment to the child, but it aint, its just a conscious decision to do whatever is necessary to not have to deal with this woman and her antics any longer.

it is well known that most sane women would fight tooth and nails to keep the custody of a child than give up custody to daddy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Men Punish The Children Along When Having Issues With Their Wives? by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:30pm On May 22
Zonefree:
A man had a little misunderstanding with his jobless wife. The wife left his house with their 3 children. After few weeks, the woman started calling the man to send feeding money for the children, the man refused.

My question is, why should a jobless broke and wretched woman take 3 children away from their father when she's aware she can't take care of them? Don't you think she's the wicked person here?

You want your children to suffer for your inability to reconcile issues with your husband, your benefactor.

As a married woman, before you leave your marriage with your kids, make sure you have source of income that can cater for you and the kids. If you're jobless and broke, go alone, leave the kids with their father. When you fix yourself, come back for your kids.

Reality is that children, are asually safe in their mother's hand unless she is proven to be unfit. In their fathers hand there usually vulverable due to the fact in traditional set up, fathers go out to work hense only see the kids after roughly 8 hours of day work, what happens in between those 8 hours, can be neglct or abuse of the carer. Which is usually a step mother and in most cases, who would be young and without children of her own. Its not easy to be a parent to step
children when you havent had your own.

Am not giving excuse the woman or man but am highlighting reality that people tend to
ignore

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Men Punish The Children Along When Having Issues With Their Wives? by Darlingme(f): 8:15am On May 23
MrBrownJay1:

a mother has a special bond with a child (from the get go) that we fathers only get after many years interacting with our child/children. walking away doesnt mean we love the child any less, it just means that "for our sanity, and to be better parents, we rather walk away from that person (who makes it clear that its now a package deal....(aka both of them and nothing else)"... so walking away may look as punishment to the child, but it aint, its just a conscious decision to do whatever is necessary to not have to deal with this woman and her antics any longer.

it is well known that most sane women would fight tooth and nails to keep the custody of a child than give up custody to daddy.
Very through
Re: Why Do Men Punish The Children Along When Having Issues With Their Wives? by 4ward4: 9:02pm On May 23
Kobojunkie:
Your granddad abandoned his own child simply because he picked his mother over him? Does it make sense that a sensible caretaker would do such a thing? No matter how bad the mother may have been, there is no excuse for what your granddad did to his own son. Imagine a supposed grown up holding a grudge.until death against his own son? Tufiakwa!!; undecided

I don't know if you married, but no woman should taste a man's patience...Men sticks to their guns.
Re: Why Do Men Punish The Children Along When Having Issues With Their Wives? by Kobojunkie: 9:15pm On May 23
4ward4:
∆ I don't know if you married, but no woman should taste a man's patience...Men sticks to their guns.
What you just posted makes absolutely no sense. Why do many of you on here think that it is OK to arrogantly declare any silly ideas in your heads as facts? undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Men Punish The Children Along When Having Issues With Their Wives? by 4ward4: 9:48pm On May 23
Kobojunkie:
What you just posted makes absolutely no sense. Why do many of you on here think that it is OK to arrogantly declare any silly ideas in your heads as facts? undecided

That was the exact fact still going on in the society right from time immemorial. You can play the sympathy card, but it changes nothing.
Re: Why Do Men Punish The Children Along When Having Issues With Their Wives? by Kobojunkie: 10:10pm On May 23
4ward4:
That was the exact fact still going on in the society right from time immemorial. You can play the sympathy card, but it changes nothing.
The foolishness of people in a society does not facts establish. What you said may be considered a trend, born of stupidity, of course, but it is not a fact. grin
Re: Why Do Men Punish The Children Along When Having Issues With Their Wives? by Mindlog: 11:07pm On May 23
4ward4:

I don't know if you married, but no woman should taste a man's patience...Men sticks to their guns.

What is the difference between a man's patience and a woman's patience?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

200% Roi Guaranteed After 10 Days / Crisis In A Nuclear Family. / World's Oldest Dog Dies In Ny At 21 — Or 147

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.