Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,314 members, 7,864,504 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:31 PM

What I Learnt From Yoruba Land - Azuka Onwuka - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What I Learnt From Yoruba Land - Azuka Onwuka (25286 Views)

Kayanmata: What I Observed At Abuja International Tradefair / Names Of Traditional Rulers In Yoruba Land / Oluwo Akanbi Supports The Establishment Of Fulani Ranches In Yoruba Land (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Learnt From Yoruba Land - Azuka Onwuka by Christistruth00: 11:23am On May 22
yinkabeauty:

Yes there was/is demarcation, but this didn't/doesn't remove people from their land, that's my point.

Someone said we shouldn't have been together at all, that we should be in different countries entirely like Cameroon and Nigeria, not demarcation.

You mean Yorubaland should have been one country as it was before for example?

Many Tribes are incompatible and may not be big enough to be a Country

The British had to enforce Order and Peace
before creating the Regions which were still not perfect
Re: What I Learnt From Yoruba Land - Azuka Onwuka by MrGerald(m): 11:36am On May 22
Antivirus92:
rubbish, Azuka can choose to copy or behave anyhow he likes but should leave igbo out of his madness.

Culture varies, orientation varies. What works for Yorubas may not work for the igbos and vice versa. Trying to promote one above the other is rubbish. Many Igbo business men will spit on you if u tell them to come and sit down idly drinking beers and gossiping. It's not in their nature and it's working for them. Azuka should shove his ideas down his as.s
What he narrated here are more like city lifestyle and not culture, he started noticing it after he came to Lagos and not before or when he spent two years in Osun
Re: What I Learnt From Yoruba Land - Azuka Onwuka by yinkabeauty: 12:00pm On May 22
Christistruth00:

You mean Yorubaland should have been one country as it was before for example?

Many Tribes are incompatible and may not be big enough to be a Country

The British had to enforce Order and Peace
before creating the Regions which were still not perfect

Yoruba kingdom and territories we had in the past, just like other territories.

So if we have Yoruba nation today, can you compare the compatibility or homogeneity, the ones we have between Yoruba and igbo or Yoruba and Hausa?

Yoruba people will still understand and blend with themselves than they do with Igbo or Hausa.

We are now exposed today, we know where we are coming from and know where we are currently, if we have our nation, we would guide our new nation jealously, so that we don't fall into the same problem we are trying to avoid.

As per religion, Yoruba people are not extremist, we are going to unite, love and celebrate with ourselves, as we currently have it, there is virtually no family without a Muslim or Christian in Yoruba land , there is intermarriage.

And our isese will not also take backstage.

It absolutely wrong of you to say Yoruba nation is not big enough to be a country! region of about 55 million people, we form over 20% of Nigerian population.

What are the land masses and populations of benin republic, Togo , Ghana? Find out and you will see , your excuse is not tenable.

What are the sizes of land masses and populations of many countries in Europe check them out, there are some countries that are not up to 1 million, some countries have less than a thousand go and find out, that's not an excuse.

British are thiefs who merge people of unequal yokes together for their selfish gains, they thrive in our disunity, our disunity is their joy while they loot and plunder more and more, we couldn't speak with one voice.
Also the more land they merge together, the more the exploration and gains, so they merge people together with no consideration to their differences.

Homogeneity is good naturally, but we are still going to ensure that everything moves well when we have our Yoruba nation.
Re: What I Learnt From Yoruba Land - Azuka Onwuka by yinkabeauty: 12:18pm On May 22
okoroemeka:
as an elder I think you are wrong on several points,first,it is not a must or part of traditional rite to drink,eat and play music in Igbo funerals,infact many communities has banned such,the major most important part of funerals in Igbo land that is most critical is the offering of goat to the extended family or kindred,they will kill the goat and eat it and it symbolizes a very important and critical part of a funeral ceremony,it means the complete severance of the deceased with the living,nobody will force you to feed or give them drinks in an Igbo burial ceremony but that goat is a must,,if you like you can give bottled water nobody will task you and also about the stress the igbos pass through,you must know that the whole of southeast can fit into one Yoruba state,that lack of resources and space made it essential that we must adapt to survive which means more hustling

As per the goat šŸ grin grin is that not human intelligence or creativity to ensure flex dey? "Killing of goat will ensure severance of the dead from the living."

As per land mass that's an honest and fair response.

Bulldozer90
Re: What I Learnt From Yoruba Land - Azuka Onwuka by yinkabeauty: 12:29pm On May 22
DaddyCoool:

Why do you think Nigerians are different and envied by other Africans? Nigerians won't be Nigerians if it weren't for the rich mix of peoples and cultures. Nigeria and Nigerians would have been boring like others!

And the so called rich mix of peoples and cultures should be at the detriment of citizens ?
Boring and progressive is better than bubbling and problematic country.
Shey na only us get diversity for Africa?

gidgiddy
Re: What I Learnt From Yoruba Land - Azuka Onwuka by Lovelydaisies: 12:32pm On May 22
ASAPFERG:
God bless yorubas. cool

God punish the other tribe grin

That's a very silly thing to say.
Good thing God is not man, to do our bidding.
Re: What I Learnt From Yoruba Land - Azuka Onwuka by yinkabeauty: 12:35pm On May 22
Donbrowser9:

Aguinyi Ironsi put us in one country sir

Aguiyi Ironsi didn't put you in the same country , the British did, Ironsi only ensured unitary government

gidgiddy
Re: What I Learnt From Yoruba Land - Azuka Onwuka by DaddyCoool: 12:38pm On May 22
yinkabeauty:

And the so called rich mix of peoples and cultures should be at the detriment of citizens ?
Boring and progressive is better than bubbling and problematic country.
Shey na only us get diversity for Africa?
gidgiddy

All I know is, we all unknowingly benefit from the "Nigerian experience" and if you remove Yorubas or Igbos or even Fulanis, there'd be no Nigerian experience. Don't forget, all these other countries also have their own problems too. If there is Biafra today, there'd still be problems and people wanting their own - even their own country!
Re: What I Learnt From Yoruba Land - Azuka Onwuka by Azazyel: 12:46pm On May 22
post=130068621:
This is a very good piece.
Interesting to read.

For emphasis sake,
Here we go....

IGBO/BIAFRA VS TINUBU/YORUBA:
TOLERANCE BECOMING A CRIME
By Dr Chinedu Akabuike

1. Why do we hate Tinubu?
What for?

2. Tinubu never worked with federal or Eastern Nigeria let alone stealing money from Ndi Igbo.
He never worked as Minister or taken any Federal Appointment!

3. He never joined APGA let alone sabotaging our Party's interest?

4. Tinubu didn't meddle in Igbo internal affairs either!

5. Why do we call him thief?
What did he steal?

6. We call Yoruba "slaves".
We never reflect on what it means to be slaves in the true sense of the word.

7. We are putting mouth in Lagos politics without caution, yet we have a proverb that says it is the foolish housefly that follows the corpse into the grave.

8. Can Yoruba man become an Association or Local Government Chairman in the East? Let us be sincere with ourselves.
Yet, we enjoy all these privileges here including Assembly Membership!

9. Why asking for what we can't give?

10. We are here helping the "slaves" to develop their land. Who then is a slave?
10b. You call their city a no man's land so that we can further be enslaved slaving to develop it, and our generations are wasted gloating over mere privileges.
Who is a slave?
Do we actually think?

11. Can Yoruba tell Okorocha "o to gee" in Owerri?
He doesn't even need it.
He is too intelligent to die for a pot of ofe manu or nothing.

12. After the civil war, for many of us who were old enough to have witnessed it, the Yoruba were the first to open their arms to receive and accept us as we were, crude savages in search for means of survival.
It was regardless of what we equally did to them before and during the civil war. No party to the civil war was innocent!
I also remember not paying any rent among Yoruba guys without a penny for my first 3years in Lagos and another 2 years in Ibadan.

13. Can we survive Yoruba attack in Yoruba land if they actually mean to?
Will an Mbaise man cooperate with the Nsukka or Afikpo, or the Imo with Anambara?

14. If we all decide to relocate at once, Babangida send me home phenomena is still in the memory of some of us who survived the incessant and uncontrollable spate of robbery across the Onitsha bridge.
How many people will want to go in spite of our empty pride?

15. If Yoruba people are as foolish as we foolishly think, why agitating?
How will agitating be to our benefit?

16. Why not "O to gee" in Abia, Enugu or Owerri?

17. Can a man from Aba become a Commissioner or Perm.Sec. in Enugu State Civil Service?
Yet it happened here!
Why not be careful.

18. We adopted APGA and but "wisely" voted PDP.
How was Tinubu our headache.
Was he the cause of our downfall?
Why always blame others for our inabilities and want to take glory for any small thing we think we have done well and even overblow it?

19. We claim we were so creative during the civil war.
Now history.
We also claim every made in Nigeria is from Aba.
But go to Oyo and Osogbo to see what "lazy" mechanics are doing quietly in the automobile industry, yet we make noise that other ethnics are either mumu or lazy except we (alagbara ma mero baba ole; the most hardworking humans who cannot develop their own land unfortunately).

20. Why looking for avoidable problem? Why?

21. It was you in the North being attacked, in Malaysia being killed, in Gabon and Ghana being molested. 99.9% of Nigerians killed in South Africa are of Igbo extraction, and sometimes by fellow 'hardworking' Igbo. Why?

22. We choose Kanu and he dictates to us without consultation with any one of us. They choose Tinubu who becomes a hero among them by bowing to or adopting the choice of their majority.

Why are we angry?
We chose Azikwe and they chose Awolowo.
How are they more mumuish followers than ourselves?
Zik became a President and we gained from it, Awo was only a Premier, but we are only struggling to beat their records in all ramifications including education till today.
How are they mumus?
We chose APGA and they chose APC, why agitating?

Yoruba are yet to say Tinubu is their problem why do we want to die for nothing?
Why working in APGA but planning to collect salaries in APC?

I pray for the success of Biafra, but do we still remember that as Igbo we will automatically become foreigners on the streets of the Lagos we call a no Man's land?

How many of us will actually want to relocate home, should Biafra actualises or if citizenship is on the condition that you relinquish all other citizenship in Africa?

I leave that answer to the individual.
Nwayo nwayo biko unu.

Spot on!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Learnt From Yoruba Land - Azuka Onwuka by yinkabeauty: 1:10pm On May 22
PHAYOL81:

Please stop re-writing history to your ethnicity propaganda. The BRITISH did their best by demarcating the amalgamation into regional sects so that each individual region can operate independently. The constitution our collective forebears came to accept at independence, with their assistance and after due consultation of all available regions gave each individual region options of secession ļ¼ˆif need be in futureļ¼‰. THAT WAS UNTIL ONE VSELESS AND GODF0RSAKEN IGBO CREW ASSUMED POWER BY CROOK TO DISRUPT AND DESTROY THE SYSTEM. STVPID IRONSI WAS THE CULPRIT WHO MASTERMINDED OUR IRREVERTIBLE UNION, CHANGING THE CONSTITUTION. Others only play along. Now they're suffering for it and are calling out everyone else for the faults of their forebears. Even faraway Brits are not being spared. Never seen a tribe so confused or silly.

First, it's idiotic of you to tarnish a tribe just to make a point.
If you are making a supposedly good point then it's not neccesary to mar your points with this childish and unnecessary quote šŸ‘‰ "Never seen a tribe so confused and silly".

Regionalism is not an outright independence of each other (i.e the regions) , they are still semi dependant on each other, one currency, one army, one country e.t.c
What the poster was saying is moment prior to that, the peoples should not have been lumped together, knowing that politics and fights may set in further...the British will release the goat but not leave the rope.....such division is what they thrive in, with their divide and explore tactics, the same British still ensure biaffra never got their freedom by actively engaged in holding them down.
The same happen in Anglophonic Cameroon why couldn't they grant independence to the region but still merged them with francophone Cameroon and today the problem is raging in Ambazonia, many have been killed in this fight for Independence of Ambazonia region in Cameroon till date, what sensible and hypermyopic people are saying is they should have considered diversity in lumping people together indiscriminately because prevention is better than cure.
We experienced the same here gowon , Ironsi and Co never allowed a step towards our regional independence rather they tighten the grip further via unitary government and creation of more States to weaken the region, if there was no foundation that allow it in the first place would there be any fight or struggle of self determination?
All what they are after is imperialism/financial gains with no recourse to ethnic identities or uniqueness.

gidgiddy
Re: What I Learnt From Yoruba Land - Azuka Onwuka by rotadeco27: 1:19pm On May 22
casualobserver:

You are delusional. The typical Yoruba man just wants to educate his children, have a profession or trade that gives him respect in society, after that party and have sex..his life is complete. You think people envy you for your money because your focus is money money at all costs. Very often we laugh at you because the majority of you donā€™t even know how to spend it with class. For instance you build large vulgar houses with tacky expensive furniture and ghastly exterior tiles. I mean who puts marble or toilet tiles on his exterior wallsā€¦.an ibo man!!!

Trust me we are not envious of you, quite the contrary, you can only be envious of someone who has what you want and donā€™t have. A typical Yoruba man just wants enough money to be comfortable. If money meant that much to us, more of us would be doing drugs and fake products like you. I had an uncle who had a very successful business in the 70s to 80s, your people entered his territory with fake products and killed his business. When I was about to start a business I went to him for advice and asked why he didnā€™t join them or take them on. His response was he is a comfortable man, the only way to compete with them was to also sell fake or substandard products, he cannot destroy his reputation built over decades by joining them to sell fake or substandard products.
Even the Bible says it that the love of money is the root of ALL EVIL. Run away from any one that is saying " After money is money" I absolutely agree with your points
Re: What I Learnt From Yoruba Land - Azuka Onwuka by DaddyCoool: 1:41pm On May 22
yinkabeauty:

Yoruba kingdom and territories we had in the past, just like other territories.

So if we have Yoruba nation today, can you compare the compatibility or homogeneity, the ones we have between Yoruba and igbo or Yoruba and Hausa?

Let's extrapolate. If all of West Africa were one country, do you think they'd be a good or bad thing?
Conversely, if Southern US had succeeded I'm seceeding from the Norh, would that have been a good thing? Or if Puert Rico or Scotland had succeeded in seceefing?
Re: What I Learnt From Yoruba Land - Azuka Onwuka by Donbrowser9: 1:43pm On May 22
yinkabeauty:

Aguiyi Ironsi didn't put you in the same country , the British did, Ironsi only ensured unitary government

gidgiddy

Aguinyi Ironsi did.
Re: What I Learnt From Yoruba Land - Azuka Onwuka by Antivirus92(m): 4:31pm On May 22
SonOfDSoil01:
I quite agree with you, but why must you lot have to cross Niger bridge to Lagos and Sw to make it in lifeā€¦..even the trend of migration shows yā€™all would have died of hunger if not for the accommodating spirit of Yorubas grin
just same way you lots cross the same river niger into south east to make it in life
Re: What I Learnt From Yoruba Land - Azuka Onwuka by Antivirus92(m): 4:39pm On May 22
seunjungle1:
Is it Azuka that just showed madness right here or Antivirus92(you)?
You lack home training and that is the reason why you have no respect for your elders....people like you disgrace the good people among you guys.
Mad man.

I donā€™t want to be harsh on your already harsh life.

Azuka if at all he exists is nothing but hopeless man that likes promoting other people at the detriment of his own people just to gain likes. What he wrote there apart from the burial part are load of rubbish
Re: What I Learnt From Yoruba Land - Azuka Onwuka by duality(m): 5:40pm On May 22
yinkabeauty:

When awka, owerri or Enugu are exposed enough then we should have yoruba local government chairmen and legislators there, because they are still not exposed enough since then, only south west states are good enough for exposure and massive human flooding.....
The politics on Lagos is a special one in that some idiots and capital fools are with the assumption that Lagos is a "no man's land" and it's reflective in their disposition.

Which "Southwest states" are you referring to.

Lagos is the cosmopolitan environment. The rest are rural states. that's a fact.

You can continue your "no man's land" conversation with those cut out for such crap.

Apart from Lagos, who cares about other state in the south west.

People from the places you mentioned can engage you because I really don't care.

I've made my point.
Re: What I Learnt From Yoruba Land - Azuka Onwuka by d142475: 5:41pm On May 22
yinkabeauty:

I get your point, but let me make the following observations:

1. There was never a social contract in Nigeria. The peoples of Nigeria never negotiated a union that will be mutually beneficial to all tribes and languages. First, they were lumped together by the British, and more consequentially, when it became time for us to govern ourselves, we never collectively negotiated a constitution that will be the codification of our social contract and the foundation of our union. What we have a the 1999 constitution was a lopsided, fraudulent document that was foisted on us by Northern military rulers.

2. In Nigeria, tribalism and division are not as bad on a day-to-day basis. In living their daily lives, Nigerians interact with one another and inter-marry. Muslims marry Christians, Christians have Christian relatives and vice-versa (especially in the Middle Belt and in the South-West), corpers become roommates to other corpers of different tribe during youth service, and life-long friendships are formed. The pseudo-ethinic an religious division in Nigeria is POLITICAL for the most part. If there is a political will and concerted efforts, the reality of solidarity, which we already practice in our day-to-day lives, will be transferred to the political space. The case of Rwanda under Kagame is a good pointer to the fact that modern African states can overcome the scourge of triibalism and ethnic bigotry,

3. The concept of homogeneity is no longer sustainable in this 21st century. Migration is needed to boost economies of countries and countries can no longer afford to be hermit nations. Even Eastern European countries are beginning to open up. Also, the notoriously closed Asian countries are beginning to open up. In this current reality, the trend is to expand and form alliances, not the other way around.

4. The goal is not to strive towards homogeneity or destroy the uniqueness of the subnations, but to emphasize and affirm their uniqueness, and forge cooperation in issue of common interests like defense, international relations, international trade etc.... The goal is to form a nation that is based on the principle of subsidiarity.

5. A lot already joins the various peoples of Nigeria together. We have a common Nigerian culture that is forged from our various cultures, but transcends just one culture. That can be the basis of of unity.

6. Nationhood is formed on the basis of INTENTIONALITY. If we have leaders, who are inentional about nation building, they will put mechanisms in place to forge more unity of purpose. These can be done in the following ways: Fairness, Rule of Law ( legally enforcing laws against discrimination etc), Education, National Orientation (media, using influences etc...), economic integration, Sports investment ( a strong unifying force in Nigeria) etc...

7. Homogeneity is not a guarantor of unity. We see that in South Sudan's example.

Re: What I Learnt From Yoruba Land - Azuka Onwuka by PHAYOL81: 12:44am On May 23
yinkabeauty:

First, it's idiotic of you to tarnish a tribe just to make a point.
If you are making a supposedly good point then it's not neccesary to mar your points with this childish and unnecessary quote "Never seen a tribe so confused and silly".

Regionalism is not an outright independence of each other (i.e the regions) , they are still semi dependant on each other, one currency, one army, one country e.t.c
What the poster was saying is moment prior to that, the peoples should not have been lumped together, knowing that politics and fights may set in further...the British will release the goat but not leave the rope.....such division is what they thrive in, with their divide and explore tactics, the same British still ensure biaffra never got their freedom by actively engaged in holding them down.
The same happen in Anglophonic Cameroon why couldn't they grant independence to the region but still merged them with francophone Cameroon and today the problem is raging in Ambazonia, many have been killed in this fight for Independence of Ambazonia region in Cameroon till date, what sensible and hypermyopic people are saying is they should have considered diversity in lumping people together indiscriminately because prevention is better than cure.
We experienced the same here gowon , Ironsi and Co never allowed a step towards our regional independence rather they tighten the grip further via unitary government and creation of more States to weaken the region, if there was no foundation that allow it in the first place would there be any fight or struggle of self determination?
All what they are after is imperialism/financial gains with no recourse to ethnic identities or uniqueness.
gidgiddy

Your start is dramatic and shows a lot of traits from the other side. I won't put it pass the believe that the support comment here is also the brain behind the old comment I responded to. Same argument, same construct, same purpose, same mentality. And everything just blew your moniker out of the water ļ¼ˆof deceit under which it submerged itself or rather, you submerged itļ¼‰.
Away from that for a while, let's talk the main point of contention. That there ain't relationship between the regions prior to the amalgamation is a very wrong claim. Before amalgamation, the tribes had been interacting and migrating amongst and within themselves. Perhaps, you're fed with wrong fashion of history. The British saw regions which had peaceful co-existence with one another. Not many records of inter-tribal conflicts and battles despite the aforementioned relationship that was largely trade and economic related. What was common were clans or communities clashes or to put it in today's context, intra-tribal battles. So the Brits never saw your bitterness and hatred against others coming. Nnamdi Azikwe was born in northern Nigeria in 1904. His parents weren't the only people of Igbo descent there at the time. There were Igbo in Lagos before 1900, same way it was in Ibadan. And there were Northerners too. Records had it that Efunroye Tinubu ļ¼ˆremember herļ¼Ÿļ¼‰married a Tapa indigent ļ¼ˆfrom nowadays NIGER STATEļ¼‰right around the mid 1800. Most northern agro exports took place at Lagos port and majority of our forebears ļ¼ˆirrespective of tribeļ¼‰ born before amalgamation had their primary education in the old WESTERN REGION. So the British never saw any reason not to merged people who had had peaceful co-existence prior.
Of course, regionalism ain't sovereinty but the system gave each side independent enough, as having one currency, one army, one nation were and still are supposed to be strenght ļ¼ˆamongst tribes who had shown no sign of hatred against another to the best of knowledge of the Britsļ¼‰not problems. USA, UK practice such merger till today. In USA, the states independently enjoy fiscal and resource freehand which ensure they all develop in line with their capabilities and competitiveness. UK put sovereigns together but develop in their separate capacities too. Such was the good faith of the British that EVEN WHEN THEY WERE HANDING OVER, THEY ENSURED EACH REGION GOT AN OPTION TO QUIT THE MERGER. They weren't the problem, your people were and still are. There was no way they'd have known that you guys would turn bitter. They ain't seers. Even, the WET E unrest was a WESTERN REGION thing. It was between brothers under the same tribe but exhibiting vile against one another due to political differences until A CERTAIN IGBO GROUP TRICKED THE REST INTO INTER-REGIONS BLOODSHED THAT ENDED UP ENTHRONING ONE OF THEIRS. So the Igbos started the tribal conflicts. AND TO FURTHER SEAL THE WRONGS, IRONSI THAT WAS ENTHRONED CANCELLED NOT ONLY REGIONAL GOVERNMENT BUT THE SECESSION CLAUSE IN THE CONSTITUTION THE BRITISH ASSISTED US TO BUILD, CITING ITS DIVISIVE TENDENCY AS REASON. He must have thought they would be in control of all the nation's combined resources ļ¼ˆNigerDelta oil that was beginning to generate money, North agricultural strenght that was generating a lot of wealth and above all, the Old Western Region agricultural, service, port and tax strenght that made them the leading and most developed and sought after regionļ¼‰to be expended as they deemed fit. But of course, the North had other ideas. The revenge was more than the IGBO could imagine.
But being silly, it's always the Yoruba's fault that they're in NIGERIA. Where you guys don't call out the Yoruba indigents, it's otherwise the BRITISH. Ironsi that actually cancelled out regionalism and the secession clause hardly get a mention despite being the main culprit. All you guys do is trying to wash that out of existence, as if it never happened. We know and we understand perfectly where the faults lies. Eni ti o ye ki e maa gbe sepe losan ati loru, e n wa gbe pamo ki awon eyan ma ri abukun re. O n tini loju fun yin.
Well if AWOLOWO's misdeed, and by extension, the Yoruba's misdeed, is the citation of your weakness during the civil war and the impact of the OBASANJO led troops to capture your region, then I say kudos to them FOR NOT ALLOWING A BLOATED EGO INVADE THE OLD WESTERN REGION WITH WAR THEY HAD HITHERTO DECIDED NOT TO BE A PARTY TO. IF THE FOILED ORE INVASION DIDN'T HAPPEN, THEY WOULDN'T HAVE RAISED A FINGER. So others ain't the problem, the genesis of all the drama was your forebears hate and poorly thought out strategies.
And lest I forget, seek a mirror now, look into it and the idiot you talk about will appear unblocked to your sight.
Re: What I Learnt From Yoruba Land - Azuka Onwuka by PHAYOL81: 1:16am On May 23
gidgiddy:

Please stop talking nonsense. It doesn't matter how you demarcate people, wether Region's, States, Provinces, Local governments if those people are in one country, they are in one country!

The point is that the British should not have have brought Igbos and Yorubas together in one country in very first place. They should have been in two different countries from the very start

As soon as the British left in 1960, both tribes have been fighting politically to this day, and will fight forever

It is people who are similar in ideology, thinking and value system that should be coming together to form countries, not people who are vastly different, such as Igbos and Yorubas

The mistake has been made. However, God will be merciful and divide Yorubas and Igbos into different countries in the future

Igbos and Yorubas have no business being together in one country

YOU can't be serious. Anyway, your other moniker above already have your response. Look it out
Re: What I Learnt From Yoruba Land - Azuka Onwuka by DonroxyII: 2:44pm On May 24
gidgiddy:
Yorubas and Igbos are as different as night and day, and that's why the British made a big mistake of putting both ethnic groups in one country

Yorubas and Igbos should have been in different countries
Igbos would have carted the Oils Away Which is not Good for British Industrial Businesses...

Hausa-Fulani-Yoruba are Meant to Check Igbo.
cheesy ....

Oyinbo Ancestral Wizardry are Gbasky ... Imagine more than 100years ... They are still holding the Game Tight ....

They better managed us than we were treating ourselves ... It was an animalistic world for we Sub-Saharan Africans in the ancient worlds!
Re: What I Learnt From Yoruba Land - Azuka Onwuka by gidgiddy: 5:19pm On May 24
DonroxyII:
Igbos would have carted the Oils Away Which is not Good for British Industrial Businesses...

cheesy ....

Oyinbo Ancestral Wizardry are Gbasky ... Imagine more than 100years ... They are still holding the Game Tight ....

They better managed us than we were treating ourselves ... It was an animalistic world for we Sub-Saharan Africans in the ancient worlds!

And in a hundred years, all Nigeria managed to achieve was to become world poverty capital and 8th most insecure country on earth, even with all your oil
Re: What I Learnt From Yoruba Land - Azuka Onwuka by DonroxyII: 5:20pm On May 24
gidgiddy:

And in a hundred years, all Nigeria managed to achieve was to become world poverty capital and 8th most insecure country on earth, even with all your oil

Welcome to Nigeria šŸ‡³šŸ‡¬ grin
Re: What I Learnt From Yoruba Land - Azuka Onwuka by NaijaPrince18: 1:07am On May 25
DonroxyII:

cheesy ....

As usual youā€™re always the victim. One day youā€™ll realize you were nothing but cannibals in the forest before the British and Yoruba came to civilize you and say thank you
Re: What I Learnt From Yoruba Land - Azuka Onwuka by DonroxyII: 8:16am On May 25
NaijaPrince18:

As usual youā€™re always the victim. One day youā€™ll realize you were nothing but cannibals in the forest before the British and Yoruba came to civilize you and say thank you
grin
OloshƬ, Eleke Eebu ...

Omo Oba Ni mi šŸ¤“

Yio ba Furo Baba e grin
Re: What I Learnt From Yoruba Land - Azuka Onwuka by yinkabeauty: 11:21am On May 25
PHAYOL81:

Your start is dramatic and shows a lot of traits from the other side. I won't put it pass the believe that the support comment here is also the brain behind the old comment I responded to. Same argument, same construct, same purpose, same mentality. And everything just blew your moniker out of the water ļ¼ˆof deceit under which it submerged itself or rather, you submerged itļ¼‰.
Away from that for a while, let's talk the main point of contention. That there ain't relationship between the regions prior to the amalgamation is a very wrong claim. Before amalgamation, the tribes had been interacting and migrating amongst and within themselves. Perhaps, you're fed with wrong fashion of history. The British saw regions which had peaceful co-existence with one another. Not many records of inter-tribal conflicts and battles despite the aforementioned relationship that was largely trade and economic related. What was common were clans or communities clashes or to put it in today's context, intra-tribal battles. So the Brits never saw your bitterness and hatred against others coming. Nnamdi Azikwe was born in northern Nigeria in 1904. His parents weren't the only people of Igbo descent there at the time. There were Igbo in Lagos before 1900, same way it was in Ibadan. And there were Northerners too. Records had it that Efunroye Tinubu ļ¼ˆremember herļ¼Ÿļ¼‰married a Tapa indigent ļ¼ˆfrom nowadays NIGER STATEļ¼‰right around the mid 1800. Most northern agro exports took place at Lagos port and majority of our forebears ļ¼ˆirrespective of tribeļ¼‰ born before amalgamation had their primary education in the old WESTERN REGION. So the British never saw any reason not to merged people who had had peaceful co-existence prior.
Of course, regionalism ain't sovereinty but the system gave each side independent enough, as having one currency, one army, one nation were and still are supposed to be strenght ļ¼ˆamongst tribes who had shown no sign of hatred against another to the best of knowledge of the Britsļ¼‰not problems. USA, UK practice such merger till today. In USA, the states independently enjoy fiscal and resource freehand which ensure they all develop in line with their capabilities and competitiveness. UK put sovereigns together but develop in their separate capacities too. Such was the good faith of the British that EVEN WHEN THEY WERE HANDING OVER, THEY ENSURED EACH REGION GOT AN OPTION TO QUIT THE MERGER. They weren't the problem, your people were and still are. There was no way they'd have known that you guys would turn bitter. They ain't seers. Even, the WET E unrest was a WESTERN REGION thing. It was between brothers under the same tribe but exhibiting vile against one another due to political differences until A CERTAIN IGBO GROUP TRICKED THE REST INTO INTER-REGIONS BLOODSHED THAT ENDED UP ENTHRONING ONE OF THEIRS. So the Igbos started the tribal conflicts. AND TO FURTHER SEAL THE WRONGS, IRONSI THAT WAS ENTHRONED CANCELLED NOT ONLY REGIONAL GOVERNMENT BUT THE SECESSION CLAUSE IN THE CONSTITUTION THE BRITISH ASSISTED US TO BUILD, CITING ITS DIVISIVE TENDENCY AS REASON. He must have thought they would be in control of all the nation's combined resources ļ¼ˆNigerDelta oil that was beginning to generate money, North agricultural strenght that was generating a lot of wealth and above all, the Old Western Region agricultural, service, port and tax strenght that made them the leading and most developed and sought after regionļ¼‰to be expended as they deemed fit. But of course, the North had other ideas. The revenge was more than the IGBO could imagine.
But being silly, it's always the Yoruba's fault that they're in NIGERIA. Where you guys don't call out the Yoruba indigents, it's otherwise the BRITISH. Ironsi that actually cancelled out regionalism and the secession clause hardly get a mention despite being the main culprit. All you guys do is trying to wash that out of existence, as if it never happened. We know and we understand perfectly where the faults lies. Eni ti o ye ki e maa gbe sepe losan ati loru, e n wa gbe pamo ki awon eyan ma ri abukun re. O n tini loju fun yin.
Well if AWOLOWO's misdeed, and by extension, the Yoruba's misdeed, is the citation of your weakness during the civil war and the impact of the OBASANJO led troops to capture your region, then I say kudos to them FOR NOT ALLOWING A BLOATED EGO INVADE THE OLD WESTERN REGION WITH WAR THEY HAD HITHERTO DECIDED NOT TO BE A PARTY TO. IF THE FOILED ORE INVASION DIDN'T HAPPEN, THEY WOULDN'T HAVE RAISED A FINGER. So others ain't the problem, the genesis of all the drama was your forebears hate and poorly thought out strategies.
And lest I forget, seek a mirror now, look into it and the idiot you talk about will appear unblocked to your sight.

You think you made sense with this unnecessarily extended jargon you wrote, especially when you can't do without contaminating your write up with unwarranted attack on people's ethnic group and abuses , that's what i condemned in the initial post but behold, there was no adjustment.... okay no problem then, that aside.

You are mistaken for mentioning that the person you reacted to is the same person with this comment, in a disguise, according to you the same argument, construct, purpose bla! bla! bla! you are wrong! why would someone had to disguise to respond on a point that's he is making, to what end? he doesn't make sense.
I am not the same person you were responding to but what I can point out from this is there are a lot of sensible people who have the same point of view as we have.

And who said there were no relationships between the regions prior to amalgamation? will you say human beings should not interact? Nobody said that, always read carefully to afford you a sensible response.
Infact prior to amalgamation and many years before then, kingdoms and territories existed, kingdoms and territories that are far less than what we referred to as regions or protectorates in terms of coverage or jurisdiction.

These territories interacted like human beings will do and at the same time there were battle for supremacy or invasion of one kingdom by the other to annex or subject the other Kingdom to their rulership.
So many examples abounded here and across the world.
But one of the factors for this aggression towards other Kingdom is heterogeneity, even to an extent differences still existed in territories that are not far from each other and this differences prompted mutual distrust and reason for one to subject the other under its' dominion; but in the other hand, your kindred is no different from you even though you may not be in a particular village but the same family line and bond still exist and more often than none you are under the same control.
We can't say that where heterogeneity exists , heterogeneity (of any form whether a large scale or small scale, be it within the same area or among people who are far apart) brings distrust , even the oyo people , ekiti people and other yoruba subgroups were not under the same governorship at some point in the olden years, this speaks to the difference between them, even though they are of the same ethnicity, but tribe and then clan may differ.

So be it inter- ethnic, intra - ethnic conflicts(i.e among tribes within), or inter clan conflicts , this is born out of heterogeneity and this is the reason heterogeneity is not a joke and should be properly managed by any sensible, sensitive and long-sighted institution.

And you think you are smart when you said it wasn't more of inter tribal but intra tribal, communal clashes....firstly let me even pretend to agree with you...so, that less inter tribal clashes you mentioned was it not fuelled by differences, even let's come to intra - ethnic fights you insinuated e.g of today, amuleri and aguleri (Anambra), ife and modakeke(Osun), ikale and Araromi obu(Ondo) all these are fuelled by differences.

And you lied when you said little of inter - ethnic clashes, many pre colonial inter ethnic clashes existed in our history some of which are conflicts between Igala - Igbo, igala - Edo, Yoruba - Fulani, Fulani - Tiv, Fulani - Kanuri, just to mention a few..

The summary of our position is that when the colonial master merged the people who don't share the same values, culture and religion (in some cases) together not for you but for their convenience, then it calls for question.

And the summary of what you are erroneously saying in return is don't blame those who knocked the nail into the wall but blame those who couldn't remove it now or those who can beautify the wall, but from a logical point of view , you will still blame the origin of the problem (colonialist) who had a role to play in this, first, even if you are to blame the indegenous people who are struggling to make things better or are incapable.
I WILL PRESS THIS TO YOUR EARS PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE.
IT'S BETTER YOU DON'T PLACE HIM THERE AT ALL (IF YOU ARE DISCERNING, WISE AND NOT SELFISH) THAN TELL HIM TO GET OFF AFTER PLACING HIM THERE SELFISHLY AND WICKEDLY.

You are making a case for imperialists, plunderers, looters, exploiters? Shame! "Colonialist never saw this , never saw that" bla! bla! when the Europeans came to exploit and plunder Africa, they just came and divide the land amongst themselves British, French, German, Portuguese...and share and demarcate where they will plunder for themselves, did they consider your ethnic identities, values or faith, differences? Hell no!

The British who divided the south into two regions at a point and left the north intact just because the south are coming with one voice for Independence, hence diluting a strong bonding in the south.

And in turn placed many tribes under the caliphate in the north for indirect rule since the caliphate became loyal and they in turn placed many tribes and territories under him indiscriminately...some of whom were never receptive to Islam...up to North Central, do you think dey send you or they are concerned about their politics and convenience? wake up from your slumber.

You mentioned "this was living in this place, azikwe in this place, igbo in ibadan, efunroye married tapa."...so how is that tangible enough in matter of regional identity or autonomy...there will always be strangers or non indegenes in every part of the world, but when push comes to shove you can't stop the indegenous people from driving to their destiny...
Was Ijaw and itsekiri not mingling and doing intermarriage? What happened? After a local government was changed from Ijaw area and moved to itsekiri side , oh my God, hell was let loose...they killed themselves a lot , forget! Identity difference caused this it doesn't matter if your citizens living among them.

You can't compare the USA with Nigeria like some people erroneously do if they want to make a point in a topic like this.
Firstly, USA cannot be so agitative for regional break away like a country like Nigeria will do, because there is suppressed/evacuated/lack of regional identity in USA but in Nigeria there is pronounced regional identities.
E.g Regional identity of the southwest is Yoruba
Regional identity of the southeast is Igbo e.t.c

But in USA ,the different aboriginal American Indian tribes that should create these regional identities have been suppressed by the new comers (Europeans) and as result the Europeans won't want to emphasize what will not favour them i.e ethnicity, regionalism e.t.c since they are strangers themselves, so we are expected to see a system that runs freely, because no region is mainly associated with a particular ethnic group and no region can say it has been shortchanged on the basis of ethnicity or geopolitics, so their policy we run smoothly but in Nigeria despite calling for resource control, some regions may say no, while others we say yes because of (1)the main resource is in their area and (2) this area are of ethnic Identity.
So that ethnic and regional politics are pronounced in Nigeria compared to the USA.

I will still agree and compare ourselves with UK because the people there are mainly the aborigines, they have not been dominated, so there is regional identities, infact no less than 4 countries (English, Welsh, Scottish, and Irish) but unlike Nigeria these regions have their respective parliament and their different sports teams e.t.c and with time they can vote for outright autonomy with no issues, although they still have the issues of some irish who are pro uk and others pro Republic of Ireland, and different denominations in religion Church of England (Anglican) but homogeneity in UK is far greater than what we have here, even at such homogeneity, they still have 4 distinct countries.
Africa is the source of humanity and diversity, in Nigeria our values, faith, culture, intellect are not the same.
The British merged us together not for our good but for their selfish reason know this and know peace and for the severence or ouster agreement you mentioned, it's mere rumour because our amalgamation was by fiat by the colonial rules, so we have to fight for our dissolution, if peaceful talk can't resolve it.

"The British were no seer that there would be problem" that means they are not sensible (and they never did their own countries like that) the same wickedness they did to Indian and Pakistan ( kasmir region is a testimony).

Don't speak for looters , they do things for their convenience and politics and they divide and rule.
They still do it today "neocolonialism with divide and rule".... the regions are not united, if one region speaks,the British will back the other region (especially the north) against the other and the statuesquo remains.
Ahmadu Bello and Awolowo called for secession they threatened them with forces.

So where I will partially agree with you is on the fools, wicked and selfish ones within who collaborate with them, but you can't say we shouldn't blame the British who put the system in place, they knew what they did.
Don't speak for exploiters they are wiser and smarter than you.
Infact if an ordinary person like you is talking about dissolution of Nigerian on radio they will stop you and you should be careful where you say this, let alone institutions, so it's not easy to end what has been formed.

You are clever by half, not deep thought or being deliberately evasive, the Awolowo vs Akintola was sponsored by the north, the north NPC party wanted more control and put one against the other.
They were responsible for election rigging when Awolowo won , put Awolowo in jail , this is part of what led to the civil war, when group of soldiers came together and determined to end what they called Northern domination....get your history right.

Forget!, regardless of any tribe, a soldier we want a more centralized control, strong direction from the top without any counter directives and that's the reason they, created more states, weaken the region by promoting Unitarianism.
If not Ironsi directly, Gowon wil do, no military decision is a singular one without a team, just get that to your head and remove Ironsi/igbo from this.

Military took over from civilian government through a bloody coup what they blame Ironsi for was the punishment meted out was one sided, some Igbo perpetrators were not dealt with decisively, hence counter coup..

And if the idiots like you in agbada and babariga had use their sense in their politics by being diplomatic and fair which led to the e.g the wild wild west riot /wet e , would the soldiers have intervened?

And if the British had used their sense or not being selfish, they wouldn't have been any reason for ethnic or religious influenced rancour witnessed in our politics just after independence.

So always trace a problem to its root, not that you won't solve the problem but may be difficult and may not ever be solved.

Only fool will look problem at the top without tracing it down.

What the British did to your forefathers was selfish, it was for their convenience not for you and your forefathers.

Mumu boy , you should understand.
Re: What I Learnt From Yoruba Land - Azuka Onwuka by SonOfDSoil01: 1:14pm On May 25
Antivirus92:
just same way you lots cross the same river niger into south east to make it in life
hahaha this must be the biggest joke of the year grin yorubas going to a barren land where almost all there cursed people have japa from? Have you seen an american migrating to sudan in search of greener pastures? But the trend of migration from east to west proves otherwise grin can you get water from a desert? You must be a clown grin
Re: What I Learnt From Yoruba Land - Azuka Onwuka by yinkabeauty: 1:32pm On May 25
d142475:
[/quote]

I get your point, but let me make the following observations:

1. There was never a social contract in Nigeria. The peoples of Nigeria never negotiated a union that will be mutually beneficial to all tribes and languages. First, they were lumped together by the British, and more consequentially, when it became time for us to govern ourselves, we never collectively negotiated a constitution that will be the codification of our social contract and the foundation of our union. What we have a the 1999 constitution was a lopsided, fraudulent document that was foisted on us by Northern military rulers.

2. In Nigeria, tribalism and division are not as bad on a day-to-day basis. In living their daily lives, Nigerians interact with one another and inter-marry. Muslims marry Christians, Christians have Christian relatives and vice-versa (especially in the Middle Belt and in the South-West), corpers become roommates to other corpers of different tribe during youth service, and life-long friendships are formed. The pseudo-ethinic an religious division in Nigeria is POLITICAL for the most part. If there is a political will and concerted efforts, the reality of solidarity, which we already practice in our day-to-day lives, will be transferred to the political space. The case of Rwanda under Kagame is a good pointer to the fact that modern African states can overcome the scourge of triibalism and ethnic bigotry,

3. The concept of homogeneity is no longer sustainable in this 21st century. Migration is needed to boost economies of countries and countries can no longer afford to be hermit nations. Even Eastern European countries are beginning to open up. Also, the notoriously closed Asian countries are beginning to open up. In this current reality, the trend is to expand and form alliances, not the other way around.

4. The goal is not to strive towards homogeneity or destroy the uniqueness of the subnations, but to emphasize and affirm their uniqueness, and forge cooperation in issue of common interests like defense, international relations, international trade etc.... The goal is to form a nation that is based on the principle of subsidiarity.

5. A lot already joins the various peoples of Nigeria together. We have a common Nigerian culture that is forged from our various cultures, but transcends just one culture. That can be the basis of of unity.

6. Nationhood is formed on the basis of INTENTIONALITY. If we have leaders, who are inentional about nation building, they will put mechanisms in place to forge more unity of purpose. These can be done in the following ways: Fairness, Rule of Law ( legally enforcing laws against discrimination etc), Education, National Orientation (media, using influences etc...), economic integration, Sports investment ( a strong unifying force in Nigeria) etc...

7. Homogeneity is not a guarantor of unity. We see that in South Sudan's example.

First and foremost, If you want to mention me, don't insert my name in a quote that is not mine, so that it's not seen as mine, ok!?

You are wrong! tribalism is bad in Nigeria, tribalism has led to uncountable deaths in Nigeria.
Kaduna, Plateau, Benue, Taraba, Nasarawa are some of the examples.
Even if there are relationship among Nigerians, since they are still part of the same country e.g corp members from different backgrounds, people of different ethnicity in market places, some intermarriages here and there, is the issue of tribalism not visible enough in Nigeria?
We can't play down or trivialize the deaths of innocent Nigerians caused by TRIBALISM, POLITICAL OR NOT POLITICAL.
Even if it's political, the difference existed and that's the reason it was exploited, if there is no difference in the first place, what will be the excuse?
What we are looking at is the causes of the problem and possible solution not that we are not happy if Nigeria is peaceful and working even at diversity.

"If there is political will things will be better" and in the absence of "political will" what should happen? can you bring back to life, the victims of killings in Kaduna South or Benue for example? perhaps you are not affected, you can still be speaking or writing English.

Regions that should have been carved out with other similar region under a semi autonomous government, of course Benue, Plateau and the likes were the same state before the dissolution, at least this we afford some people control and not that there won't be strangers but these strangers will have to operate under the control of the indegenous authority.
Examples are Fulani herdsmen in many parts of the North Central who intrude people's farms indiscriminately even when it's not their state but their claim is as long as this is Nigeria, it's their right, you can't stop them any where in Nigeria.
If the place is under a sort of regional control, Fulani herdsmen will get sense and behave themselves and will only be permitted before they gain entrance and their coverage will be define and monitored.
This fight in the first place is fuelled by heterogeneity/differences.
The point I mentioned above is not smoothly practiced at the current condition because of political benefits from the hausa-fulani north.
Those who practice it, are still resisted physically, still have casualties because they lack autonomous forces that will ensure the policy is sustained.

Kagame or not kagame, there are still issues of tribalism in Rwanda but it's only suppressed.

On the large scale homogeneous country are more peaceful and enjoy more progress, that's a fact!
Something must make you homogeneous if not your tribes , then religion can help, some countries may have several tribes, but over 95% of them practice one religion, this is a rallying point.

And if you are strangers, visitors or settlers with different identity, these wise and advanced countries have a way of streamlining your identify in a way that it won't bring conflict, and that's the character or attribute of homogeneity/peaceful society not that there won't be (slight) difference here and there but no extremism exist or you blend with the culture therein.

In South America, North America, Western Europe, North Africa, Oceania these region still have little or no issues because they enjoy homogeneity of a sort if not tribal, then it's religious.
And any foreign identity are streamline to the point of seemingly non existent, that's wisdom.

The Israeli - Palestine fight today is a fight of heterogeneity.

East African countries experience issues because of heterogeneity and their location too.

The two ivorien civil wars were fight of heterogeneity, there was no problem before then until Houphue Boigny opened up every where for Burkinabes, Malians and their likes ..at that time Ivorian Christian population was around 60% but things definitely changed thereafter....this led to problems.

Don't say homogeneity is not sustainable in 21st century, you can't take people's identity away...and any influx of strangers for business, greener pasture and opening of places for business don't take the bulk identity of the indegenous people away, don't mix the two.

Go to China, India, South Africa, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, even come to Nigeria and automatically the identity or uniqueness of the people will go away , that's a lie, any country in the world will still has its uniqueness, and you can still trace these visitors to their origin, the domination of other people's identity by strangers is no more in this age.

Nigeria is faced with ethnic problems in the face of poor governance, they don't even move to resolve the problem rather they exploit it to their advantage in divide and rule mechanism, so we should be waiting on what they use as their sustainance.
Not that we don't love Nigeria, we are speaking out against unending problem and offering solution.

There is no nation without law even if it's unwritten constitution, this law should recognize distinct tribes within it and formulate laws that will bring fairness and peace amongst these distinct peoples, no domination of one tribe by the other but that's not the case in Nigeria rather killings upon killings and sensible people and affected people are proffering solutions, you are speaking English.

Even after warring tribes go their different ways , they won't say no strangers should come in but they will have more control and relatively more peaceful since they have set them free from evil neighbours.

South sudan is now more peaceful, they called for it although has issues of control initially but that has been addressed.
It's north Sudan that is having issues and it's not related to ethnicity.

Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia, Herzegovina broke away from troubled Yugoslavia and they now have peace

Czech Republic and Slovakia broke away from CzechoSlovakia they are now okay..

So what's is the big deal about dissociating from evil and unfavorable union?

Even UK dissociated itself from EU
Re: What I Learnt From Yoruba Land - Azuka Onwuka by Antivirus92(m): 9:27pm On May 25
SonOfDSoil01:
hahaha this must be the biggest joke of the year grin yorubas going to a barren land where almost all there cursed people have japa from? Have you seen an american migrating to sudan in search of greener pastures? But the trend of migration from east to west proves otherwise grin can you get water from a desert? You must be a clown grin
you Can deceive yourself all you want but it does not change the truth. Your people are littered all over south east. There are more yorubas in anambra than there are igbos in osun
Re: What I Learnt From Yoruba Land - Azuka Onwuka by SonOfDSoil01: 7:40am On May 26
Antivirus92:
you Can deceive yourself all you want but it does not change the truth. Your people are littered all over south east. There are more yorubas in anambra than there are igbos in osun
the person deceiving himself here is you and you just making a mockery of yourselfšŸ˜‚ the same Yoruba your deluded tribemen accuse of not travelling? For your info otondo, I served in owerri and throughout my stay, I could count how many Yorubas I came across in a day, even Hausas have more of there people in Se than Yorubas, Yorubas donā€™t migrate to a barren and less productive regionšŸ˜‚ and leave there land filled with milk and honey to a desert regionā€¦you must be clown
Re: What I Learnt From Yoruba Land - Azuka Onwuka by Antivirus92(m): 8:20am On May 26
SonOfDSoil01:
the person deceiving himself here is you and you just making a mockery of yourselfšŸ˜‚ the same Yoruba your deluded tribemen accuse of not travelling? For your info otondo, I served in owerri and throughout my stay, I could count how many Yorubas I came across in a day, even Hausas have more of there people in Se than Yorubas, Yorubas donā€™t migrate to a barren and less productive regionšŸ˜‚ and leave there land filled with milk and honey to a desert regionā€¦you must be clown
here he comes again with their lying attitude. You did a census on yoruba people living in owerri right?
The only place in south west where there more Igbos than yorubas in the south east is logos. Your people are littered all over south east. But u can believe whatsoever to feel good
Re: What I Learnt From Yoruba Land - Azuka Onwuka by SonOfDSoil01: 9:08am On May 26
Antivirus92:
here he comes again with their lying attitude. You did a census on yoruba people living in owerri right?
The only place in south west where theyā€™re more Igbos than yorubas in the south east is logos. Your people are littered all over south east. But u can believe whatsoever to feel good
shut the Bleep up with your lies, the same Yorubas you idiot mock that they donā€™t travel, suddenly have become people that migrate to SEšŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ your migrant blodas re everywhere scattered in Sw and not just Lagosā€¦ wetin Yoruba man won find go desert? Maybe you meant Uk because we only travel to progressive countries and not a desert where their own people canā€™t even stay like they are chased by a demonā€¦.keep telling yourself that lie Otondo
Re: What I Learnt From Yoruba Land - Azuka Onwuka by Antivirus92(m): 9:25am On May 26
SonOfDSoil01:
shut the Bleep up with your lies, the same Yorubas you idiot mock that they donā€™t travel, suddenly have become people that migrate to SEšŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ your migrant blodas re everywhere scattered in Sw and not just Lagosā€¦ wetin Yoruba man won find go desert? Maybe you meant Uk because we only travel to progressive countries and not a desert where their own people canā€™t even stay like they are chased by a demonā€¦.keep telling yourself that lie Otondo
just believe whatever you want and feel happy. It doesn't change the fact

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Proudly Bini Names And Meaning / Traditional Rulers Storm Anambra For Abolition Of Osu, Others / Oba Fatai Irawo Of 'Odi-olowo' Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 186
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.