Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,977 members, 7,863,481 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:37 PM

What I Learnt From Yoruba Land - Azuka Onwuka - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What I Learnt From Yoruba Land - Azuka Onwuka (25276 Views)

Kayanmata: What I Observed At Abuja International Tradefair / Names Of Traditional Rulers In Yoruba Land / Oluwo Akanbi Supports The Establishment Of Fulani Ranches In Yoruba Land (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Learnt From Yoruba Land - Azuka Onwuka by SonOfDSoil01: 9:33am On May 26
Antivirus92:
just believe whatever you want and feel happy. It doesn't change the fact
cheesy yes, fact according to a lying delusional ipob😂 you not even good at lying. The numbers of Yorubas in Kano alone is more than all the Yorubas in sad yeast, I would have even agreed with you if you said north, but sad yeast? A very barren and hostile region. In fact I couldn’t wait a day in owerri after my POP not to talk of residency in that barren land, even your blodas will be laughing at your bare faced lie😂
Re: What I Learnt From Yoruba Land - Azuka Onwuka by yinkabeauty: 11:12pm On May 27
duality:

Which "Southwest states" are you referring to.

Lagos is the cosmopolitan environment. The rest are rural states. that's a fact.

You can continue your "no man's land" conversation with those cut out for such crap.

Apart from Lagos, who cares about other state in the south west.

People from the places you mentioned can engage you because I really don't care.

I've made my point.

Even Lagos and Abuja still have villages on their soils, but apart from Lagos in (Southwest) and Abuja (FCT) , shey Cosmopolitan states no dey for south east ni? cos me I would like to become local government chairman in one of those states in the south - east.
The rest of the so called rural states in South West also have good cities and towns apart from villages which are even filled with our friends from the south east dem dey enjoy themselves including cocoa farm works oooo...South West don try....only if other regions can reciprocate and be less hostile.
If southwest is hostile perhaps it's a blessing in disguise for these lazy administrators who sleep under the disguise "Lagos is a cosmopolitan state" this crap of a talk.
Re: What I Learnt From Yoruba Land - Azuka Onwuka by yinkabeauty: 11:17pm On May 27
Donbrowser9:

Aguinyi Ironsi did.

Aguiyi Ironsi did not put us in the same country, the British colonialists did.
Re: What I Learnt From Yoruba Land - Azuka Onwuka by yinkabeauty: 11:29pm On May 27
DaddyCoool:

Let's extrapolate. If all of West Africa were one country, do you think they'd be a good or bad thing?
Conversely, if Southern US had succeeded I'm seceeding from the Norh, would that have been a good thing? Or if Puert Rico or Scotland had succeeded in seceefing?

So what are you basing up your point on exactly? I presume land mass, population, economy e.t.c
With all the above even if lives of the citizens are cut short on the daily basis, as a result of ethnic clashes, it doesn't warrant you to think the way out, especially in our cases where the differences are even the tools of the leaders who should get things right, because some people will just follow them blindly and sheepishly because is the member of their tribe? It's not about how big or populous a country is, it's about reflection in the life of the people.
What are the populations or land masses of those successful European countries?
Netherlands and Belgium Should be one country.
Germany , Austria and leichestein should be one.
Iceland a very peaceful country what's the population? Monaco, andorra , San Marino .....think deeply about this.
Re: What I Learnt From Yoruba Land - Azuka Onwuka by yinkabeauty: 11:45pm On May 27
DaddyCoool:

All I know is, we all unknowingly benefit from the "Nigerian experience" and if you remove Yorubas or Igbos or even Fulanis, there'd be no Nigerian experience. Don't forget, all these other countries also have their own problems too. If there is Biafra today, there'd still be problems and people wanting their own - even their own country!

Fvck Nigerian experience! all I want is humanity experience, good experience.
When people are on their own, more homogeneous, they will weigh oil and water to determine which is heavier, afterall they will know where they are coming from and their current status.., a wise country should not allow what affected the parent country to affect her.
Czech Republic and Slovakia were together as Czechoslovakia.
Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia, Herzegovina were all part of troubled Yugoslavia...
It's about making use of sense on of your situation.
Re: What I Learnt From Yoruba Land - Azuka Onwuka by DaddyCoool: 12:53pm On May 30
yinkabeauty:

So what are you basing up your point on exactly? I presume land mass, population, economy e.t.c
With all the above even if lives of the citizens are cut short on the daily basis, as a result of ethnic clashes, it doesn't warrant you to think the way out, especially in our cases where the differences are even the tools of the leaders who should get things right, because some people will just follow them blindly and sheepishly because is the member of their tribe? It's not about how big or populous a country is, it's about reflection in the life of the people.
What are the populations or land masses of those successful European countries?
Netherlands and Belgium Should be one country.
Germany , Austria and leichestein should be one.
Iceland a very peaceful country what's the population? Monaco, andorra , San Marino .....think deeply about this.

But all those homogeneous countries you mentioned, compare them to extremely multicultural and multi-ethnic USA
Re: What I Learnt From Yoruba Land - Azuka Onwuka by yinkabeauty: 11:28pm On May 31
DaddyCoool:

But all those homogeneous countries you mentioned, compare them to extremely multicultural and multi-ethnic USA

The USA itself is HOMOGENEOUS in ideology (new world blending, liberalism/racial integration) with no pronounced regional identities which is a positive to the country....I will explain further ....
This is the mistake people make about USA, .... multicultural, multi ethnic...., you can't compare the USA to other countries where the indegenous people with their regional identities are so pronounced and well on ground which forms the basis for HETEROGENEITY and possible agitation e.g Igbo in south east , Yoruba in southwest, Hausa-Fulani in north west but in USA there are no pronounced regional identities which is actually what the different aborigines should have done but because of the influx of the Europeans and other people from other parts of the world 🌍 who never left but dominated the country and subdued the different aboriginal groups who should form regional identities, then we now have people of different races/countries occupying the same region across board, there is blending across regions, no ethnoregional basis for separation, for instance a man of Nigerian descent can be California governor and another man of Nigerian descent can be the governor of Maryland far away east side.....there may be different races but that differences cannot result into anything like separation.... because they have organized the country in such a way that no race is regionalised otherwise this brings basis for separation and also virtually one faith dominates regardless of races, Christianity (at least nominal Christians) this also forms a rallying point, unlike Nigeria where Christianity is pronounced in one region and Islam in another region.

Please bring up other examples of progress and heterogeneity e.g ethnic or religion , the USA is not a good example, a country where heterogeneity is deliberately relegated to open door for blending.
Re: What I Learnt From Yoruba Land - Azuka Onwuka by DaddyCoool: 2:12am On Jun 01
yinkabeauty:

The USA itself is HOMOGENEOUS in ideology (new world blending, liberalism/racial integration) with no pronounced regional identities which is a positive to the country....I will explain further ....
This is the mistake people make about USA, .... multicultural, multi ethnic...., you can't compare the USA to other countries where the indegenous people with their regional identities are so pronounced and well on ground which forms the basis for HETEROGENEITY and possible agitation e.g Igbo in south east , Yoruba in southwest, Hausa-Fulani in north west but in USA there are no pronounced regional identities which is actually what the different aborigines should have done but because of the influx of the Europeans and other people from other parts of the world 🌍 who never left but dominated the country and subdued the different aboriginal groups who should form regional identities, then we now have people of different races/countries occupying the same region across board, there is blending across regions, no ethnoregional basis for separation, for instance a man of Nigerian descent can be California governor and another man of Nigerian descent can be the governor of Maryland far away east side.....there may be different races but that differences cannot result into anything like separation.... because they have organized the country in such a way that no race is regionalised otherwise this brings basis for separation and also virtually one faith dominates regardless of races, Christianity (at least nominal Christians) this also forms a rallying point, unlike Nigeria where Christianity is pronounced in one region and Islam in another region.

Please bring up other examples of progress and heterogeneity e.g ethnic or religion , the USA is not a good example, a country where heterogeneity is deliberately relegated to open door for blending.

Homogeneous Puerto Rico wanted independence from US, to the extent of terrorism. US refused to let them go. Why do you think that is? Also homogenous Hawaii and Alaska. Why? Also Southern USA that has a different dialect and life style. US wouldn't let them go - instead there was a very bloody and brutal civil war which the hated Yankees won (Southerners call Northerners Yankees. It started as a hateful perjorative.) Don’t you think US would have been diminished letting those peoples go? How about Nigeria? Would you rather come from Homogeneous Togo than non-homogenous Nigeria?

** Extremely Homogeneous Mexico is very dysfunctional and they always trying to sneak into non-homogenous US. So also other South American countries, Nicaragua, Honduras, Ecuado, Panama, etc. All extremely homogenous yet all very dysfunctional and always trying to sneak into US!
*BTW so also South Africa and their very homogenous neighbors!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Proudly Bini Names And Meaning / Traditional Rulers Storm Anambra For Abolition Of Osu, Others / Oba Fatai Irawo Of 'Odi-olowo' Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.