Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,836 members, 7,862,748 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 04:12 AM

OpenAI Stole Scarlett Johansson's Voice For Chatgpt-4o ("Sky") - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / OpenAI Stole Scarlett Johansson's Voice For Chatgpt-4o ("Sky") (11628 Views)

Scarlett Johansson & Mariah Carey Says Derek Jeter Gave Them Herpes! / Is Scarlett Johansson Looks Attractive After Breast Reduction Surgery? / Scarlett Johansson Tops Forbes’ Highest Paid Actresses List For 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OpenAI Stole Scarlett Johansson's Voice For Chatgpt-4o ("Sky") by Kingpele(m): 12:29pm On May 21
Wow this guys certainly are simply creative
Re: OpenAI Stole Scarlett Johansson's Voice For Chatgpt-4o ("Sky") by DrAda(f): 12:32pm On May 21
someone once told me that AI wont take over medical jobs because humans inherently prefer human interactions. Hilarious...
Re: OpenAI Stole Scarlett Johansson's Voice For Chatgpt-4o ("Sky") by finallybusy: 12:33pm On May 21
Put both voices through an analyzer. Make her pay for damages if proven wrong.
Re: OpenAI Stole Scarlett Johansson's Voice For Chatgpt-4o ("Sky") by callmemakaveli: 12:36pm On May 21
AI is working. Lol
Re: OpenAI Stole Scarlett Johansson's Voice For Chatgpt-4o ("Sky") by Robinmido(m): 12:49pm On May 21
Did you even read before commenting, or your thinking is shallow?
Metrofox:
A man built the tech. So what?A Woman should go build hers too
Re: OpenAI Stole Scarlett Johansson's Voice For Chatgpt-4o ("Sky") by Faposky95: 12:50pm On May 21
wonder233:
They stole her voice. They should pay her for it or discontinue using her voice. Same way, Guinness tried to sidestep paying Victor Uwaifo for the theme song of their advert for the popular blind football commentator advert.
After being served notice, they initially denied, trying to hide behind AI, but eventually had to back down and replace with a bland instrumental.
AI is no substitute for natural talent.

Na only she gets that voice....?!
If na their Oyinbo gra gra, it's allowed.....?!
Truth is, the world needs to wake up to this Ai scope......
Inside Naija boiz hands, na to dey job people for dey live for moon......!!!!!
Re: OpenAI Stole Scarlett Johansson's Voice For Chatgpt-4o ("Sky") by NothingDoMe: 12:51pm On May 21
wonder233:
They stole her voice. They should pay her for it or discontinue using her voice. Same way, Guinness tried to sidestep paying Victor Uwaifo for the theme song of their advert for the popular blind football commentator advert.
After being served notice, they initially denied, trying to hide behind AI, but eventually had to back down and replace with a bland instrumental.
AI is no substitute for natural talent.
She said it sounds like her voice. She has no case, which is why she's using social media to shame or pressure them into getting her way. Typical.
Re: OpenAI Stole Scarlett Johansson's Voice For Chatgpt-4o ("Sky") by fullclub: 1:01pm On May 21
harsysky:

would it on its own do the work? I will bring up new kind of roles to jobs and get people busy with acquiring more skills.

Has washing machine stopped laundry houses from opening? No!

Most jobs have been hit already. U can argue anything u like.

I didn't say all jobs... Most jobs example is data analyst, blogging which most bloggers are already facing hard time with Google as they have rolled changes to ranking factors. I have seen people earning 100k$ all income went to 0 over night..
All thanks to ai that Google sees as a threat to their engine
Re: OpenAI Stole Scarlett Johansson's Voice For Chatgpt-4o ("Sky") by Dougad: 1:26pm On May 21
Shitty, unethical company.
Re: OpenAI Stole Scarlett Johansson's Voice For Chatgpt-4o ("Sky") by Dougad: 1:31pm On May 21
NothingDoMe:
She said it sounds like her voice. She has no case, which is why she's using social media to shame or pressure them into getting her way. Typical.

If they purposely made the voice similar to her likeness, she has a big case as far as California is concerned.

Precedent has been set before and the actor won the case. Na why these openai dunces quickly shut down the voice.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midler_v._Ford_Motor_Co.
Re: OpenAI Stole Scarlett Johansson's Voice For Chatgpt-4o ("Sky") by aywagze(m): 1:44pm On May 21
This seems like a personal vendetta because the accusations dont really make sense ..AI could be anything it wants to be ..🤔
Re: OpenAI Stole Scarlett Johansson's Voice For Chatgpt-4o ("Sky") by femi4: 1:47pm On May 21
DrAda:
someone once told me that AI wont take over medical jobs because humans inherently prefer human interactions. Hilarious...
Something wey Google don take already...ai is just making the process quicker n easier. Even when you visit some doc, you will see them using Google search
Re: OpenAI Stole Scarlett Johansson's Voice For Chatgpt-4o ("Sky") by DrAda(f): 1:59pm On May 21
femi4:
Something wey Google don take already...ai is just making the process quicker n easier. Even when you visit some doc, you will see them using Google search

I agree. With AI, I think it's safe to say that all our jobs are at stake
Re: OpenAI Stole Scarlett Johansson's Voice For Chatgpt-4o ("Sky") by LeopardX: 2:23pm On May 21
Metrofox:
A man built the tech. So what?A Woman should go build hers too
The man said he's gay, but obviously Scarlett's voice turns him on, hence his obsession with using her voice to run the AI program. undecided

Fake gay.
Re: OpenAI Stole Scarlett Johansson's Voice For Chatgpt-4o ("Sky") by airsaylongcome: 2:31pm On May 21
fullclub:
Open ai the new threat to most jobs now

Tool not threat. Where computers a threat to typists? Every typist that wanted to remain relevant learned word processing. Same way workers of the future will have to learn Prompt Engineering. AI is a tool not a threat

2 Likes

Re: OpenAI Stole Scarlett Johansson's Voice For Chatgpt-4o ("Sky") by Goldbw122(m): 3:21pm On May 21
We are going to a realm which we will be able to use AI TO make our life easier m, and who knows are to take the good advantage of AI will really benefit from these factors, in the future.
Re: OpenAI Stole Scarlett Johansson's Voice For Chatgpt-4o ("Sky") by fullclub: 3:29pm On May 21
airsaylongcome:

Tool not threat. Where computers a threat to typists? Every typist that wanted to remain relevant learned word processing. Same way workers of the future will have to learn Prompt Engineering. AI is a tool not a threat

I am into tech. Believe me ai will sweep so many jobs away.

I have experienced it first hand. A business giving me $$$ has since been decimated

Example, people now prefer to go to chatgpt to learn coding rather than website like w3school etc.
They have seen decline in traffic since last year.

With AI u can bow write code or write your code and it will put it in right format for u than running to forums to get help... At time use simple English to explain what u want and ai get it done for u..

How then will u need developers every now and then when there is a bug
AI can now do drawings for you. Just explain what u want and it will produce ur drawing

Less traffic to site less money to be made.
Most firms are now integrating ai into their system to perform task

In the past there a job like tran track chnagover, like a man will stand in the section that leads to another track with the book in his hand, he will just pull thr track to where the train is heading to... But today those jobs are gone as everything is computerised.. Once train approached the system calculate everything and do the changing.

Most metro in UK now are driven by one person who does little or nothing as the train got to stop at each station automatically with no human interference... Open and stop at next station
Re: OpenAI Stole Scarlett Johansson's Voice For Chatgpt-4o ("Sky") by twosquare(m): 3:42pm On May 21
fullclub:

I have experienced it first hand. A business giving me $$$ has since been decimated

Example, people now prefer to go to chatgpt to learn coding rather than website like w3school etc.

With AI u can bow write code or write your code and it will put it in right format for u than running to forums to get help... At time use simple English to explain what u want and ai get it done for u..

Well, it is predicted that almost 300 Million jobs will be lost to AI revolution, and 2030 is the shift.

So, the wise thing is to join the AI wing, learn it, learn how to code it...etc., because it is still at its infancy.
Re: OpenAI Stole Scarlett Johansson's Voice For Chatgpt-4o ("Sky") by fullclub: 4:08pm On May 21
twosquare:
Well, it is predicted that almost 300 Million jobs will be lost to AI revolution, and 2030 is the shift.

So, the wise thing is to join the AI wing, learn it, learn how to code it...etc., because it is still at its infancy.

Ya the right thing is to look the way of ai. Learn skills that teaches how to integrate ai into their system.

That's what I want to learn now honestly

1 Like

Re: OpenAI Stole Scarlett Johansson's Voice For Chatgpt-4o ("Sky") by femi4: 4:10pm On May 21
DrAda:

I agree. With AI, I think it's safe to say that all our jobs are at stake
Sure, especially writers and graphic designers
Re: OpenAI Stole Scarlett Johansson's Voice For Chatgpt-4o ("Sky") by Xyronnx99(m): 4:37pm On May 21
harsysky:

would it on its own do the work? I will bring up new kind of roles to jobs and get people busy with acquiring more skills.

Has washing machine stopped laundry houses from opening? No!

He is 100% correct, even elon musk confirmed that.
AI can easily replace journalist, teachers, some tech roles, some med. & surgery roles, etc... just imagine if self driving cars exists, why won't these

Calculators and washing machines couldn't act as a replacement because they don't mimick human activities like AI.

Big tech companies are currently doing all they can to stay relevant in the market space, but all we do is to keep doubting the possibilities, & ignorantly waiting for layoffs & automation.
Re: OpenAI Stole Scarlett Johansson's Voice For Chatgpt-4o ("Sky") by DrAda(f): 6:31pm On May 21
femi4:
Sure, especially writers and graphic designers

And many more... For instance, translators and customer care staff will be the next to be replaced.

When robots become more advanced, skilled workers across various fields will follow.

In the medical field, specialties that do not involve direct patient care, such as microbiologists, radiologists, histopathologists, and pathologists, will likely be most affected.

Surgeons might be next when robots capable of performing surgeries with fine precision and minimal errors are developed.

Clinicians may survive this wave of automation, unless humanoid robots that can seamlessly replicate human interactions are created.

In some ways, this could all be beneficial. With robots handling much of the work, we, the original humans, can finally focus on more important matters like longevity, human interaction, spirituality and world peace.

One can only hope.

On a side note, I see now the utitlity of making sci-fi movies. Thinking out of the box breeds ideas and innovations. What is happening right now reminds me of the movie ex-machina. Interesting times
Re: OpenAI Stole Scarlett Johansson's Voice For Chatgpt-4o ("Sky") by Greystone: 7:43pm On May 21
Sccarrr:
oyinbo dey forgive bfr?...evn if na family she go still sue

Oyibo wey no dey even send their Papa
Re: OpenAI Stole Scarlett Johansson's Voice For Chatgpt-4o ("Sky") by lastkingsman: 7:44pm On May 21
fullclub:

AI can now do drawings for you. Just explain what u want and it will produce ur drawing

In the past there a job like tran track chnagover, like a man will stand in the section that leads to another track with the book in his hand, he will just pull thr track to where the train is heading to... But today those jobs are gone as everything is computerised.. Once train approached the system calculate everything and do the changing.

Most metro in UK now are driven by one person who does little or nothing as the train got to stop at each station automatically with no human interference... Open and stop at next station

"Experts predict that the impact of AI and automation on the job market will be significant – according to the WEF, 85 million jobs will be displaced. However, it also believes that 97 million new jobs will be created by the AI revolution. The impact of AI on jobs will take two forms – automation and augmentation."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bernardmarr/2024/05/15/hype-or-reality-will-ai-really-take-over-your-job/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Popular OAP, Matse Admits Using Food To Trap Her Husband. / Cassie Vs Rihanna / Omotola Vs Nadia Buari, Whos More Cute Facially?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.