Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,363 members, 7,868,052 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 09:55 AM

A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? (17819 Views)

URGENT, 70k Monthly Salary Or Marketing Executive At Mutual Benefit Assurance. / Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? / Do Insurance Companies Pay Salary Or It's Just Commission? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by Yelight(m): 6:00pm On May 22
My brother gone are those days when you are defined by how neat you dress to work, what matter now is the legality of your job and how much it brings to you. As for your question, the unbefitting work in the option is the #100k clean job not the #400k "dirty" job as you may think.

2 Likes

Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by b0rn2fuck(m): 6:00pm On May 22
ProjectsCityNG:
Tell us what you mean by unbefitting first
maybe selling Indian hemp and colos
Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by ednut1(m): 6:00pm On May 22
This looking down on jobs we don in Nigeria is senseless.
Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by tctrills: 6:00pm On May 22
MrNipplesLover:
Be a pepper seller with class and make ur money...

The way an educated individual would handle pepper business will be different from the way all those mama dem dey do am...

What's more of importance to u?

The money... The profit...
I beg to disagree. If you go into the business with your certificate believing you are better that the rest, be prepared for the shock of your life.

2 Likes

Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by Goldenfinger5(m): 6:00pm On May 22
Ayokequeen:

Actually I didn't mean to call any business unbefitting but I just couldn't find a better word to explain my point.
What I meant is seeing a master degree holder doing some business that many people would say it's below thier standard as graduate. For instance when your course mate sees you riding okada while he's in his clean suit and long tie, whereas your earnings in a week can pay off his two months salary.

Be like say you get low self esteem. Wetin consign tie and okaka man
In this age and time, to succeed in life you must care less about what people think of you especially if your hustle is legit. Go ahead and do your business... Most prestigious jobs have no financial prestige right now, it's just suffering and smiling

2 Likes

Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by Viqtour(m): 6:01pm On May 22
I'm a Master’s degree holder and I'm currently driving on Bolt/Uber. I once carried a young guy on 150k salary looking for a car to drive on Bolt. He was complaining that his salary is just for transportation.

My brother flee from the 100k job

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by Electrochemistry(m): 6:01pm On May 22
Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by adebowales: 6:01pm On May 22
Have you ever seen a salary earner driving a private jet?
Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by LagosFc: 6:02pm On May 22
ProjectsCityNG:
😂😂😂honestly I was wondering what the Op meant by that…he is not ready yet😂
Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by SINisSIN(m): 6:03pm On May 22
The unbefitting job amongst the two is the 100k own. Very unbefitting for a masters holder.

1 Like

Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by able20(m): 6:06pm On May 22
Ayokequeen:
Kindly give your candid opinion on this matter.
As a master holder what would you rather go for; a clean office job of 100k salary or a legit but unbefitting business like selling pepper that makes a profit of 400k monthly?
If you focus on decent office jobs, you can only struggle to survive the next 30years.
Invest in business, challenge yourself and you can make a fortune

1 Like

Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by Plut0cracy: 6:06pm On May 22
Ayokequeen:
As a master holder what would you rather go for; a clean office job of 100k salary or a legit but unbefitting business like selling pepper that makes a profit of 400k monthly?

Define unbefitting to a layman
Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by LagosFc: 6:06pm On May 22
Ayokequeen:

Actually I didn't mean to call any business unbefitting but I just couldn't find a better word to explain my point.
What I meant is seeing a master degree holder doing some business that many people would say it's below thier standard as graduate. For instance when your course mate sees you riding okada while he's in his clean suit and long tie, whereas your earnings in a week can pay off his two months salary.
bro any legitimate job that puts food on your table no matter how anyone see it, is worth doing. No one will feed you or pay your bills for you when you go broke..better grab the so called unbeffting job with your two hands if it pays your bill 😂

1 Like

Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by obaidan: 6:07pm On May 22
What is unbefitting..is that what u were thought In school? U need to go back to school o

1 Like

Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by Olichoke: 6:08pm On May 22
Is the 400k after removing all the expenses of running the business?
Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by 77up(m): 6:09pm On May 22
Yes, this is Nigeria youths' mentality that has been keeping many in hands to mouth situation. Imagine calling a business that pays 400k a month unbefitting while a patry 100k job a month is befitting in the name of nodding tie , suits and black shoes every day.

When someone intentionally come from abroad to start the same pepper business and he's making a lot of money.

Oyinbo don't live their life like this, it would have been better if op did not add "unbefitting" to it, funny.

2 Likes

Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by Galucho(m): 6:10pm On May 22
Hello Nland omo since I finished NYSC everything just dey on God walahi na now I respect everyone job hunting.... please any connect in lagos( currently in lagos) or abj(my base) that can connect me with anything job I will be grateful walahi
My WhatsApp 081 3310 9483
Studied economics at fed uni lokoja
Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by Micology19(m): 6:10pm On May 22
Please can someone suggest unbefitting business for me😁 I need a business to venture into with a capital of 1.5m but lack Ideas

1 Like

Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by ceejayluv(m): 6:10pm On May 22
Do the pepper biz and package the biz well. Who knows, it might get incorporated tomorrow and as the CEO, it's More than befitting..
Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by Beautifulday: 6:10pm On May 22
Ayokequeen:

You never serious with life
Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by Nonexisting1: 6:11pm On May 22
Sustainability is the key. I'll take the 100k office work if it's a government work and still do the pepper business as side hustle.

2 Likes

Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by OLOKOESHIN: 6:11pm On May 22
Ayokequeen:
Werey
Unbefitting business wey send you go school
Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by MrJames007: 6:14pm On May 22
Ayokequeen:
I will sell pepper undecided

1 Like

Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by femi4: 6:14pm On May 22
Ayokequeen:
selling pepper, my master in business administration is useful there
Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by Deogratiasfx: 6:15pm On May 22
Ayokequeen:

Poor people and Job. Have you ever seen any wealthy person that is a salary earner? If u want to be small, pls pick the job, otherwise, go for the business even if u can make is 50k monthly. In few months or yrs, u will realize u have staff that u can even pay more than that salary from that clean (slavery) office job of 100k

1 Like

Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by MrJames007: 6:15pm On May 22
obaidan:
What is unbefitting..is that what u were thought In school? U need to go back to school o
hahaha
Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by youngestgrad(m): 6:15pm On May 22
We lie to ourselves a lot in this country, 90 percent of Nairalanders who are graduates will refuse to go to Oyinbo market and sell stock fish, even tho stockfish sales will generate profit higher than 400k but look at them chastising the OP!!

3 Likes

Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by Jman06(m): 6:16pm On May 22
If you know you cannot manage the pepper business successfully, better go for the 100k job o, especially if the job is likely to lead to career growth in a short while.

Not everybody can manage a business! That would have been the best option considering the present economic situation of the country, but then your ability to manage the business must be factored in. No be everybody sabi do business o

4 Likes

Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by bizzibodi(m): 6:18pm On May 22
Y'all forgive him for he is under the influence of kwale weed.

1 Like

Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by Actuarydeji(m): 6:18pm On May 22
You dey whine! Go for money naw!!
Ayokequeen:
Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by uvie66: 6:20pm On May 22
ProjectsCityNG:
...my brother the thing weak me.... kidnapping, ashawo,..etc
Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by vibratingpenis: 6:20pm On May 22
Ayokequeen:

Oga the pepper Seller has more standard than the 100k masters job Abeg,

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Railway Cooperation Looting Applicants / How To Check If You Have Been Shortlisted For Npower Batch C Stream 2 / BBM Group For Unemployed Graduates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.