Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,467 members, 7,861,352 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 10:30 AM

Margaret Oyibo Atayi Allegedly Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Margaret Oyibo Atayi Allegedly Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage (36777 Views)

30-Year-Old Poly Nekede Graduate Allegedly Commits Suicide In Imo (Photo) / 100 Level NSUK Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Relationship (Photos) / Photo Of Oko Poly Student Who Committed Suicide Over Failed Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Margaret Oyibo Atayi Allegedly Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage by NaijaCover(m): 8:42pm On May 21
See The Previous Thread - https://www.nairaland.com/8099812/margret-oyibo-atayi-found-dead

A Nigerian Woman, Margaret Oyibo Atayi, has allegedly committed suicide over her failed marriage.

The mother of two from Ugbokolo Local Government Area of Benue State was found dead three days after she was declared missing by her family members.

She was last seen around City College Of Education, Abacha road, Mararaba, Nasarawa State at about 3am on Friday, May 17, 2024.

Since then, all efforts to locate her whereabouts proved abortive until her sister, Ochanya Chelle, confirmed that she was found dead on Monday, May 20.

According to her father, Mr. Patrick Atayi, she committed suicide after falling into depression due to her marital crisis.

Margaret was a mother of two children. She has been in depression for some time now due to mistreatment by her husband," he explained.

She went out on that fateful Friday morning by 3am without the knowledge of anybody. Her body was discovered in the late hours of Monday, and every available evidence confirmed that she committed suicide.”

A close source who confirmed the incident to Idoma Voice Newspaper said; “This is very unfortunate. In an effort to search for her, I reached out to her father and discovered that she was a mother of two children and that she went into depression for some time, which led to her going out that Friday night at 3 am without anyone’s knowledge, resulting in this unfortunate incident. Please, no one should die in silence, no matter the situation you find yourself in. Please speak out; you could be helped and overcome it. Nothing is worth taking your life for or dying for. Above all, embrace God and enjoy the peace of God."

Source: https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2024/5/nigerian-woman-allegedly-commits-suicide-over-failed-marriage-2.html

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Margaret Oyibo Atayi Allegedly Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage by NaijaCover(m): 8:42pm On May 21
This Is The Continuation Of The DEATH NEWS

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Margaret Oyibo Atayi Allegedly Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage by immortalcrown(m): 8:45pm On May 21
The post that announced her death on the front page of this forum say ritual killing is suspected to have caused her death.

Many commenters on that thread assume she went for hookup.

Now on this thread, we are told she committed suicide. Anyways, may her soul rest in peace.

But let's talk about why a woman will commit suicide because of a failed marriage. Slay queens are the ones that commit suicide because of failed marriages. Only a woman that married for public validation and to brag and intimidate her romance rivals will commit suicide when the marriage fails her because she can't withstand mockery and ridicules from those she has tried to intimidate. Most of the women in this category are the type that posts nice family photos online as a coverup while dying in silence. They either marry good men but use bad characters to destroy the marriages or behave well in the marriages but suffer because they used gold digging mentality to choose the wrong men. Quote me anywhere.

A failed marriage causes bitterness and is very difficult to bear. But a woman who didn't go into marriage for the sake of peer pressure will not commit suicide if the marriage fails her. She will not post nice family pictures online as a coverup when she is suffering in the marriage. She will either cope in the marriage or leave the man. Quote me anywhere.

ADDED:
😂😂😂
Those attacking my comment cannot point out any falsehood or injustice in my comment. They are attacking me because they cannot withstand the bitter truth in my comment. They are not able to deny the claims in my comment. Haters of balanced judgement. Does my comment support marriage abuse? No. Does my comment trivialize marriage abuse? No. Does my comment condemn every woman? No. My comment describes good women and bad women. Does my comment present men as saints? No. Does my comment justify abuse in any form? No. So, why are they attacking me? I have challenged them to point out any sentence or paragraph that supports marriage abuse in my comment. They have not been able to do so. But they are busy attacking me. Is it not stupid to attack what you cannot prove wrong? Some are saying that God will punish me. They think God is a sentimentalist like them.😂

130 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Margaret Oyibo Atayi Allegedly Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage by illicit(m): 8:47pm On May 21
The missing lady?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Margaret Oyibo Atayi Allegedly Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage by NaijaCover(m): 8:47pm On May 21
illicit:
The missing lady?

Exactly, My Brother

6 Likes

Re: Margaret Oyibo Atayi Allegedly Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:51pm On May 21
thats exactly what i said earlier about women being emotional beings, while a man would have jejely moved on with his life.

what else should a woman do but to divorce that abusive husband?! to think that she believed that death was the better solution than to walk away from that abusive marriage, kai...

13 Likes

Re: Margaret Oyibo Atayi Allegedly Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage by GOFRONT(m): 8:55pm On May 21
She wasted the kpekus over a failed marriage.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Margaret Oyibo Atayi Allegedly Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage by anonymuz(m): 9:02pm On May 21
Leave an abusive relationship/marriage.

3 Likes

Re: Margaret Oyibo Atayi Allegedly Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage by Remman(m): 9:06pm On May 21
So sad, may her soul rest in perfect peace... Amen!

2 Likes

Re: Margaret Oyibo Atayi Allegedly Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage by lululovesblue(f): 9:21pm On May 21
There was another thread made about her and everyone assumed she had gone to cheat on her husband with her secret boyfriend, with a lot of people wishing d3ath on her. Anyone who wished for her safe return was called an sIut and d3ath was also wished on them. Now it's come out she was depressed. I truly wish she hadn't seen it as the only option. RIP. Please check on your friends and family members and remind them they're not alone, so they don't feel taking their life is the only option they have.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Margaret Oyibo Atayi Allegedly Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage by meobizy(f): 9:51pm On May 21
Any story that appears, children on Nairaland will take it as gospel truth.

1. “She was murdered.”
Child on Nairaland: I said it!

2. “She committed suicide.”
Child no Nairaland: Did I not say it before.

3. “She was gunned down while robbing a bank.”
Child on Nairaland: I’ve told you people before; slay queens are the biggest armed robbers.

4. “She died in her sleep.”
Child on Nairaland: Slay queens are unfit.

5. “She died of a broken heart.”
Child on Nairaland: E dey show for her face.

So on and so forth.

Una dey like tree; anywhere breeze flow, una go follow.

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Margaret Oyibo Atayi Allegedly Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage by KingLennon(m): 5:44am On May 22
In life always learn to value your peace of mind. No one should force you to do what you didn't want to do sad

15 Likes

Re: Margaret Oyibo Atayi Allegedly Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage by PerfectStranger(m): 6:32am On May 22
Are there even people enjoying a blissful marriage in this generation?

5 Likes

Re: Margaret Oyibo Atayi Allegedly Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage by GlorifiedTunde(m): 7:29am On May 22
PerfectStranger:
Are there even people enjoying a blissful marriage in this generation?

Yes there are. So many of us are!

Negative news are just more all over the media!

You don't hear news about decent homes on the media because there's nothing to hear.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Margaret Oyibo Atayi Allegedly Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage by Newlymarried(f): 7:38am On May 22
Divorce and find love again

RIP to her

2 Likes

Re: Margaret Oyibo Atayi Allegedly Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage by tefishy(m): 9:07am On May 22
Even beauty can't tell the true state of mind of a person

6 Likes

Re: Margaret Oyibo Atayi Allegedly Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage by Reelmii: 9:07am On May 22
Wahala no dey finish...
In as much as love and marriage is a beautiful thing....please married people, learn to be mentally at alert and sound at every point in time while in the marriage...

If it becomes to unbearable abeg leave....there is no award for best marriage...

Killing one's self or been killed by one's partner in marriage was not the plan of God for marriage..

Life will throw things at us, but we need more than 'I LOVE U" to overcome.....

Any marriage that is messing with ur mental health is already a threat to ur live..

And for those that are not married, dont let what u read scare u...just learn to replace that 'I LOVE U' with "SOUND MIND AND SOUND MENTAL HEALTH "

marriage in reality is different from what u see on zee world or telemundo..make una mind dey ooo

Marriage can stain ur white too...so be open minded

10 Likes

Re: Margaret Oyibo Atayi Allegedly Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage by id4sho(m): 9:07am On May 22
She couldn't handle the heart break tongue

2 Likes

Re: Margaret Oyibo Atayi Allegedly Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage by christejames(m): 9:07am On May 22
Terrible, may her soul find eternal rest 🙏
Re: Margaret Oyibo Atayi Allegedly Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage by motionarena: 9:08am On May 22
Naija police don run assumptions

7 Likes

Re: Margaret Oyibo Atayi Allegedly Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage by yewit37486: 9:08am On May 22
May her soul rest in peace.

And some people were saying she was into runs and thus used for rituals on the other thread. Nigerians, watch your tongues and stop being judgmental once you see a pretty lady.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Margaret Oyibo Atayi Allegedly Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage by Elzazzi: 9:08am On May 22
angry angry

Nairaland mods should confirm stories before posting. The family could sue Seun for this.

1 Like

Re: Margaret Oyibo Atayi Allegedly Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage by TheWinterBird(f): 9:09am On May 22
She went out at 3am to commit suicide? Or somebody killed her?

6 Likes

Re: Margaret Oyibo Atayi Allegedly Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage by obinna58(m): 9:10am On May 22
sad
Re: Margaret Oyibo Atayi Allegedly Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage by 9japride(m): 9:11am On May 22
Such a pretty lady. People should learn to share their challenges to trusted ones.
Some people might be blaming the woman, not knowing that some men can be very bad in character.

5 Likes

Re: Margaret Oyibo Atayi Allegedly Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage by VIKTO83(m): 9:11am On May 22
I don't support any form of misgivings that arise in marriage or relationship. But d truth is that what men endure from women and move on, if u dish half of it to women they get into depression and suicide.

5 Likes

Re: Margaret Oyibo Atayi Allegedly Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage by Theoarhics: 9:12am On May 22
Idoma girls are always very beautiful. Why will such a beauty kill herself cos of man . Marriage is not a do or die affairs. She was still very young and more prospects would have come her way.

2 Likes

Re: Margaret Oyibo Atayi Allegedly Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage by grandstar(m): 9:12am On May 22
This fine beauty commit suicide? Really sad!
Re: Margaret Oyibo Atayi Allegedly Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage by essentialone(m): 9:12am On May 22
When they tell ladies to go to Churches, they will prefer to go to Clubs, and only attend Churches on Sundays, just to revalidate that they are still nominal Christians. No true Christian, or even an ardent Church goer will commit suicide. Not only Faith comes through Hearing. Encouragement, Inspiration, and Motivation to move on also comes through Hearing. When they advise people to go Church, they will focus on saying that Pastors are Scammers. Focus on how the Church improves your spiritual and mental health, and not on what the stupid Pastors are doing...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Margaret Oyibo Atayi Allegedly Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage by BarrElChapo(m): 9:12am On May 22
The lady is beautiful o

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

COVID-19: Lagos Releases Location And Numbers Of 26 Testing Centres / 10 Early Warning Signs Of Diabetes You Should Not Ignore / Nigerian Soldier, Emmanuel, Suffers Kidney Failure, Cries Out For Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.