Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,843 members, 7,866,275 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 02:17 PM

Throwback Photo Of Gen. Ironsi & IBB At An Occasion In 1966 - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Throwback Photo Of Gen. Ironsi & IBB At An Occasion In 1966 (51953 Views)

How Abibatu Mogaji (Tinubu's Mother) Welcomed Awolowo From Prison In 1966 / IBB At 80: Obasanjo, Saraki, Prominent Nigerians In Minna, Journalists Barred / Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Ironsi & IBB At An Occasion In 1966 by blueAgent(m): 2:13pm On May 23
Jagaban2012:

Quality of life on ill-gotten wealth ..don't forget ..most of your brothers are in Bangkok , Thailand , Dubai, South africa prison for drug -related offences...the only tribe that drug pushers , Kidney-harvest , baby factory , and harlotry embedded in their norms ,morals ,culture and values...nothing is bad about....

Show me 10 richest men in Yiibo land ....and i will tell you the ten men who has using shady deals to to cash ....and this is why the rich men in Ibo land is not name among Forbes magazine ...because their sources of wealth might be questionable

Clown.
First remove the Log in your eyes b4 condemning another person.
Which region has a so called president who rose to power through drugs and fraud? grin

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Ironsi & IBB At An Occasion In 1966 by Amah70: 2:16pm On May 23
Jagaban2012:
Aguyi Ironsi , the man who used his greed to destroy regional government . Now , everybody is groaning because of his yeye selfish policy ....

Yeye still de smell.
Aguiyi Ironsi did not destroy regional government system in Nigeria. He rather took some powers from the regional to the central government to preempt imminent disintegration of Nigeria then. Subsequently,
Northern military dictators totally dismantled regional government system and progressively created today's suffocating unitary government system after proliferating too many and mostly non viable 19 states and Abuja in the old Northern region but created only 17 states in the two old southern regions.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Ironsi & IBB At An Occasion In 1966 by DMerciful(m): 2:18pm On May 23
How did he destroy the region?

You guys keep singing same song without any logical explanation
AfonjaScud:

Truth is, he opened the gate of hell for Nigeria. Saying someone is pushing Ibo hate is trash because he acted specifically for the Ibo by placing Ibos in strategic positions for future ethnic agendam
Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Ironsi & IBB At An Occasion In 1966 by Fearurcreeator: 2:40pm On May 23
Jagaban2012:
Aguyi Ironsi , the man who used his greed to destroy regional government . Now , everybody is groaning because of his yeye selfish policy ....

Na him people dey cry most now ... Yeye people .. na person stop regional level ... Now still them dey cry most... Well I don't see them as Nigerians ...

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Ironsi & IBB At An Occasion In 1966 by Fearurcreeator: 2:43pm On May 23
Creamypie:
ogami. Greedy Ironsi, Ben nwabueze and others started everything by abolishing regional government and establishment of central or unitary government. It has nothing to do with creation of states by dividing it into regions. The purpose of creation was for identity of the many minority tribes that make up southern Nigeria today, and creating Igbo states b4 d war, cos the oil in D was seen by gowon as one of ojujwus reasons for Biafra creation. Subsequent governments followed suit. Who no like power. Infact ironsi wasn't even supposed to enter power as the coup by them nzeogwu had been suspended, .nwafor orizu, senate president and fellow igboman, was the supposed to be president, as azikiwe was away and balewa had been killed, but for ironsi longthroat.B4 any person insult me, I be deltan and an urhobo man from ughelli north
You know a lot and not a coward same time...
Na them start the central thing now na them dey cry most

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Ironsi & IBB At An Occasion In 1966 by Fearurcreeator: 2:43pm On May 23
chucks185:
at least they ruled when they were young, not the aged great grand-fathers ruling now, see how he was ditching out his food, unlike those in power now
Those guys want more than benz and mansions... Today na benz and drugs

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Ironsi & IBB At An Occasion In 1966 by wallrichy: 2:47pm On May 23
Hello,

I love your reply write up. Infact one of the best I have read in recent past from someone from the South East without abuse and that's the reason I am replying you. I presume you are from the South East though.

To your 1st question, there's a book entitled No Honour Among Thieves" I am using the heading of that book to simplify my answer to you. Aguiyi Ironsi came up with the decree of centralizing governance and he stays just about 6 months and subsequent regimes came without discarding that decree but followed up till now.

Yes, that's why I said there's no honour Among Thieves cos all these leaders aren't better than the other and whenever they see a channel to siphon money, control and have absolute power to the nation. My brother they wouldn't let go.

Having that decree intact is the only way they can guarantee and solidify their holds on the country and that's why it's still the same way till now.

Its a an avenue for the military to keep on leaching onto the country like they are still doing till now. It's a door of corruption and enslavement that was opened by Aguiyi Ironsi and ever since the subsequent corrupt leaders have ceased to close that door despite the Democracy we are even talking about.

The changes is in the confab done some years ago but yet to be implemented, all because of implemented, the center wouldn't be appealing again and we all would be the controller of our own resources and only contribute little to the center.

Regions would thrive and progress steadily like in the pre independence era.

All region will be a champion and benefactor of their handwork, resource control.

No honour Among Nigerian leaders cos they are all bunch of thieves.....

dettolgel:

Please it was a military decree and Gowon was a military leader why didn't he repeal it? What about Buhari, ObJ, Abacha and IBB? They were all military leaders and never repealed it. Ironsi never lived long to implement it. Take Kano for instance, the new governor just undid a law the previous one passed that they are not comfortable with.

Secondly, in your statement you said the SEners are the one feeling the heat the most. If I may ask can you look at all the indices of well-being starting from independence till date and see how each region has evolved over the years grin.

If you are referring to someone from SE not being a president, then that is useless given that Buhari has been president twice and his state Katsina has not experienced any sustainable development, likewise every other presidents.

Unless you are saying that the corrupt and thieving politicians from the East are unable to get their hands on the loots like their counterpart from other region, that I can agree with you on? grin

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Ironsi & IBB At An Occasion In 1966 by MIKOLOWISKA: 2:48pm On May 23
chucks185:
at least they ruled when they were young, not the aged great grand-fathers ruling now, see how he was ditching out his food, unlike those in power now
Yaya bello, Bankole, suswam, fashola, Duke, Wike,Dino, sàràkí, all young when they started ruling
Stop lying

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Ironsi & IBB At An Occasion In 1966 by MIKOLOWISKA: 2:49pm On May 23
aariwa:
So Aguiyi should be blamed because his predecessors continued his decree and couldn’t change it after 60 years and 15 presidents and blaming him sounds to you like your brain is still normal? The bitterness you people have nurtured over the years for the igbos as the reason why you are not successful has done a lot of damage to you people mental health and iif it continues like this the psychiatrist hospitals in your side cannot contain the fallout of what is about to happen in the next few years
ẹ set Una when Una get power but you don't want the bitterness. Ment

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Ironsi & IBB At An Occasion In 1966 by Afamsi: 2:50pm On May 23
aguluobi:
Which coup dis Obasanjo n your ipob father orchestrate ?!

A dullard forever will be a dullard forever. He has educated you and pointed out facts to you clearly, yet your dull brain cannot just understand. Keep asking foolish questions
Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Ironsi & IBB At An Occasion In 1966 by MIKOLOWISKA: 2:52pm On May 23
Bridget95:
What stops Jagaban from using same executive powers to revert the nation to regional government.
he doesn't have such powers. Only military can do that. Tinubu needs 2/3 of Nass and 2/3 of 36 state assemblies who are all feeding fat from that decree. Who no like awoof.
To spoil is easy
To build is hard

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Ironsi & IBB At An Occasion In 1966 by MIKOLOWISKA: 2:53pm On May 23
gidgiddy:

Where are we today as Igbos? It's all about quality of life. How many people in Nigeria can boast of having a better quality of life than the Igbo man?
yet you complain the loudest and run from your region the most

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Ironsi & IBB At An Occasion In 1966 by MIKOLOWISKA: 2:55pm On May 23
007kjb:
NZEOGWU WAS SMARTER I WISH HE WAS THE ONE THAT BECAME THE HEAD OF STATE
He was even more stoopid. He had no plan to lead and thought that gragra was the way forward
He struck cos pols were Looting 10%
Now they loot 200% into the future

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Ironsi & IBB At An Occasion In 1966 by Afamsi: 3:13pm On May 23
Jagaban2012:

Your question reveals your innate ignorance...

Lemme give you an assignment
.tear a sheet of paper and write it down .

Question 1: What will he take Tinubu government to change the country Political system from this present unitary -democracy system of government to a regional government ....
pls make sure you do this assignment because This is one.of the ways you can educate yourself

Tinubu doesnt need to go through all the stress you mentioned. Let him just pass into law the result of the national conference held during Goodluck Jonathan government
Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Ironsi & IBB At An Occasion In 1966 by NinjaMetahuman: 3:18pm On May 23
DMerciful:
It wasnt hard for him to do it in less than six months but hars for nigeria to fix it in 58yrs and counting.

How did Ironsi destroy the regions?
yes it's easier to destroy than build.

All it's takes to destroy over 2 decades of Shakey democracy we currently enjoy is one stupid military guy with a gun to declare coup for less than 24hrs.
Now imagine how long its gonna take to get it back even if that military ediot wasn't allowed to rule.

Ironsi is 100% responsible for the shitty system of governance we have today.

His horrible action empowered horrible political class that are not ready to relquinsh power to the old system that favored everyone..

Know this and know peace.

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Ironsi & IBB At An Occasion In 1966 by DMerciful(m): 3:27pm On May 23
So you think without Ironsi, nobody would have done it?

You have not answered how Ironsi destroyed the regions? Explain how he did it
NinjaMetahuman:
yes it's easier to destroy than build.

All it's takes to destroy over 2 decades of Shakey democracy we currently enjoy is one stupid military guy with a gun to declare coup for less than 24hrs.
Now imagine how long its gonna take to get it back even if that military ediot wasn't allowed to rule.

Ironsi is 100% responsible for the shitty system of governance we have today.

His horrible action empowered horrible political class that are not ready to relquinsh power to the old system that favored everyone..

Know this and know peace.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Ironsi & IBB At An Occasion In 1966 by Jagaban2012: 3:44pm On May 23
Afamsi:
Tinubu doesnt need to go through all the stress you mentioned. Let him just pass into law the result of the national conference held during Goodluck Jonathan government

Slowpoke, so, Tinubu alone has the power to pass into law any confab report....

Oponu....

Why cant GEJ pass the Confab report into law ?

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Ironsi & IBB At An Occasion In 1966 by Jagaban2012: 3:51pm On May 23
Amah70:

Yeye still de smell.
Aguiyi Ironsi did not destroy regional government system in Nigeria. He rather took some powers from the regional to the central government to preempt imminent disintegration of Nigeria then. Subsequently,
Northern military dictators totally dismantled regional government system and progressively created today's suffocating unitary government system after proliferating too many and mostly non viable 19 states and Abuja in the old Northern region but created only 17 states in the two old southern regions.

Unrepented fools...one of your brother started this thread for a purpose ans when the purpose is not achieved ,you guys are coming for me....idiot .
Before you sounds stupid on the pages of social media , it is important to get your fact right ....

Go back and re-read your history book . I cant be burning my precious time.to be educating some unrepented Ibo fools who think they are smart...
Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Ironsi & IBB At An Occasion In 1966 by Jagaban2012: 3:55pm On May 23
Irony1:

Again you said igbo allies so the following Yorubas are now igbos Major Ademoyega, Capt Adeleke and Lt Fola Oyewole. Again you don't know how you guys are setting yourselves up to be arrested for ethnic baiting. This post of yours is ethnic baiting, i recall i was in a security meeting with DSS officials and they stated that they have field offices in every LGA. it is easy for me to screenshot this post of yours and send to them to have you under watch. To get your details is so easy, again back to your statement on the genesis of Nigeria. the coup was not the genesis, the real problem was already brewing, in fact the Western Region crisis was the genesis if not for it there will be no coup.

Now , your comment has move from establishing the fact...to threatening me with DSS ....and what is stopping you from screenshot ..and sending it to DSS ......idiot ....
.in your comment , you mentioned some.Yoruba names ....it.is laughable.....this is.how.you deceive some.gullible Yoruba people.and whenever you.meet one that has some.wealth of.knowledge....you will resort to.threatening him with DSS and.police ....
Oni kuure

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Ironsi & IBB At An Occasion In 1966 by Idaytesj29(m): 4:02pm On May 23
DMerciful:
You're looking at the East complaining about the system, you're complaining too but prefer to do nothing to spite the East.

After the second world war, Germany was divided into East Germany and West Germany by the allied forces. When the USSR collapsed in 1991, the re-united back to how they were in 1945. This shows you they had no intention of changing their structure.

When Ironsi was killed after just 45 days of creating a decree, Nigerians did not remove his decree because they love it but complaining 58yrs later. When Ironsi was killed, it was still 4 regions, how he is the one that destroyed the region is the biggest Yoruba lies of the millennium.

Ask them to restructure today, they'll say they can't because Ironsi said nobody should restructure

The international community divided Germany, not the German Chancellor. Ojukwu secceeded, removed the East from Nigeria and named it Biafra. That's treason.
Ours was a civil war, that of Germany was a World war to stop new German imperialism in Europe. So, that does not fit.
Also, it as the same international community that announced he fall of the walls signalling the unification of the country.

You can't absolve Ironsi of his error. It was what set Nigeria s feet on the journey of bad governance and instability that the East complains of the most now. Mind you, it is always everyone else fault except the East.

Yoruba did this, they did that, they lied is lied that.... Even with records and evidences, una go still dispute am. Taking responsibility is a no no. One of the reason leadership is not befitting you cos leaders take responsibility......that is the first step unfortunately to what Igbo are looking for but are too busy running after innocence and to be blameless instead of apologizing for declaring secession which warranted military action that divided the country.

Also, you are not ready for leadership if you still blame or see Hausa, ijaw Yoruba gbagyi Fulani etc as your enemy that needs to be crushed or dragged, but ant them to come together and vote you into power. How on earth do you want expect them to trust you with such power?

You are powerless, you have no regard or respect for another tribe, what's gonna happen when you have absolute power for 8 year? When you have not moved on from the past.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Ironsi & IBB At An Occasion In 1966 by Afamsi: 4:10pm On May 23
Jagaban2012:

Slowpoke, so, Tinubu alone has the power to pass into law any confab report....

Oponu....

Why cant GEJ pass the Confab report into law ?
your father and mother, your brothers and sisters and your entire extended family are idiots and oponu
Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Ironsi & IBB At An Occasion In 1966 by Jagaban2012: 4:16pm On May 23
Irony1:

You trying to play clever and you are doing a bad job at it. No igbo guy in this comment threw any insult at you, the insult has been on you guys. Who are the ones with the dog whistling against a tribe it is you guys. Just don't worry those who instigated Rwandan genocide with dog whistling and baiting were executed via firing squad, your time will come.

you can see that you are not sincere ....and you lack integrity ....it's quiet unfortunate...and pathetic.....you are attempting to gag me and in your efforts to do this , you are cooking up false assertion. This is how desperate an average Ibo man is.
" No Ibo man insulted me " in fact , you are a crude liar ..

Get away from my mention....

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Ironsi & IBB At An Occasion In 1966 by DMerciful(m): 4:21pm On May 23
You're deliberately conflating issues to keep pushing your false narrative. Focus!!!

Ironsi was a military man, not an Igbo leader because nobody elected him.

Before the pogrom of 1966 that eventually led to the Biafra war, there were progroms in the 40s and 50s.

Igbos left Nigeria from 1967 to 1970, Nigeria still maintained Ironsi's alleged unitary structure.

When Gowon took over instead of the Yoruba most senior officer, it was still 4 regions. Awolowo , Oba of Benin encouraged Gowon to divide the country to 12 states to checkmate the Igbos yet they said Ironsi that left 4 regions was the one that destroyed the regions.

Every policy of Nigeria since 1966 has been made to reduce the igbo advantage over others but the igbo advantage is as a result of extreme hard-work. In other words, Nigeria always sacrifice meritocracy and adopts mediocrity. How can Nigeria progress?

If we say lets restructure today, you guys will give excuse then come another 50yrs and blame Ironsi who had not even a single vote to his name.

If you can show me one Igbo man that voted for Ironsi, that made you say we should take responsibility for his action, I'll know you're making sense!
Idaytesj29:

The international community divided Germany, not the German Chancellor. Ojukwu secceeded, removed the East from Nigeria and named it Biafra. That's treason.
Ours was a civil war, that of Germany was a World war to stop new German imperialism in Europe. So, that does not fit.
Also, it as the same international community that announced he fall of the walls signalling the unification of the country.

You can't absolve Ironsi of his error. It was what set Nigeria s feet on the journey of bad governance and instability that the East complains of the most now. Mind you, it is always everyone else fault except the East.

Yoruba did this, they did that, they lied is lied that.... Even with records and evidences, una go still dispute am. Taking responsibility is a no no. One of the reason leadership is not befitting you cos leaders take responsibility......that is the first step unfortunately to what Igbo are looking for but are too busy running after innocence and to be blameless instead of apologizing for declaring secession which warranted military action that divided the country.

Also, you are not ready for leadership if you still blame or see Hausa, ijaw Yoruba gbagyi Fulani etc as your enemy that needs to be crushed or dragged, but ant them to come together and vote you into power. How on earth do you want expect them to trust you with such power?

You are powerless, you have no regard or respect for another tribe, what's gonna happen when you have absolute power for 8 year? When you have not moved on from the past.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Ironsi & IBB At An Occasion In 1966 by Idaytesj29(m): 4:36pm On May 23
DMerciful:
You're deliberately conflating issues to keep pushing your false narrative. Focus!!!

Ironsi was a military man, not an Igbo leader because nobody elected him.

Before the pogrom of 1966 that eventually led to the Biafra war, there were progroms in the 40s and 50s.

Igbos left Nigeria from 1967 to 1970, Nigeria still maintained Ironsi's alleged unitary structure.

When Gowon took over instead of the Yoruba most senior officer, it was still 4 regions. Awolowo , Oba of Benin encouraged Gowon to divide the country to 12 states to checkmate the Igbos yet they said Ironsi that left 4 regions was the one that destroyed the regions.

Every policy of Nigeria since 1966 has been made to reduce the igbo advantage over others but the igbo advantage is as a result of extreme hard-work. In other words, Nigeria always sacrifice meritocracy and adopts mediocrity. How can Nigeria progress?

If we say lets restructure today, you guys will give excuse then come another 50yrs and blame Ironsi who had not even a single vote to his name.

If you can show me one Igbo man that voted for Ironsi, that made you say we should take responsibility for his action, I'll know you're making sense!

Babu wahala, everything is fine. False narratives has ended. Continue with una True Narratives wey no cross Niger Bridge
Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Ironsi & IBB At An Occasion In 1966 by dettolgel: 4:39pm On May 23
wallrichy:
Hello,

I love your reply write up. Infact one of the best I have read in recent past from someone from the South East without abuse and that's the reason I am replying you. I presume you are from the South East though.

To your 1st question, there's a book entitled No Honour Among Thieves" I am using the heading of that book to simplify my answer to you. Aguiyi Ironsi came up with the decree of centralizing governance and he stays just about 6 months and subsequent regimes came without discarding that decree but followed up till now.

Yes, that's why I said there's no honour Among Thieves cos all these leaders aren't better than the other and whenever they see a channel to siphon money, control and have absolute power to the nation. My brother they wouldn't let go.

Having that decree intact is the only way they can guarantee and solidify their holds on the country and that's why it's still the same way till now.

Its a an avenue for the military to keep on leaching onto the country like they are still doing till now. It's a door of corruption and enslavement that was opened by Aguiyi Ironsi and ever since the subsequent corrupt leaders have ceased to close that door despite the Democracy we are even talking about.

The changes is in the confab done some years ago but yet to be implemented, all because of implemented, the center wouldn't be appealing again and we all would be the controller of our own resources and only contribute little to the center.

Regions would thrive and progress steadily like in the pre independence era.

All region will be a champion and benefactor of their handwork, resource control.

No honour Among Nigerian leaders cos they are all bunch of thieves.....

I agree with you that Nigerian politicians are the same, no matter the region they are from. In fact if you pay close attention you will realize that they are mostly from the same gang.

What I find depressing is when we the masses think that this is Igbo vs Yoruba vs Hausa, when in reality it is the masses vs the ruling class (which cuts across different tribes). Every successive government in this country have people from different region (though in varying proportion), yet it is very easy to point fingers.

Ironsi did bring in the decree but we should not absolve him (whatever his reason was) as well as those that chose to implement it and that have actually benefited from it. They are all the same ( All the past military leaders in Nigeria are from the same cloak).

Every states has had representatives and governors and there is no single state that is punching within its weight. None of these states are recalling their representatives or even governors. The governors end up at the center to join their gang leaders that they helped rig into office.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Ironsi & IBB At An Occasion In 1966 by DMerciful(m): 4:47pm On May 23
I just told you to show me one single igbo man that voted for Ironsi for you to say Igbos should take responsibility for Ironsi's action and you have no defense
Idaytesj29:

Babu wahala, everything is fine. False narratives has ended. Continue with una True Narratives wey no cross Niger Bridge
Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Ironsi & IBB At An Occasion In 1966 by Maski87: 5:02pm On May 23
Jagaban2012:

Ya mama toto
Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Ironsi & IBB At An Occasion In 1966 by NinjaMetahuman: 5:52pm On May 23
DMerciful:
So you think without Ironsi, nobody would have done it?

You have not answered how Ironsi destroyed the regions? Explain how he did it
whoever does it is the villain.

In this case, it is ironsi.

Simple as abc.

And I didn't answer your last question because it doesn't make any sense.

It's like when you saw someone brought out petrol, brought out matches, ignited a house, then started asking again that who burned down the house just because you saw some people who are more clever than the idiot that set the house on fire using the burning house to cook good food for themselves by adding more petrol.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Ironsi & IBB At An Occasion In 1966 by Kukutente23: 6:38pm On May 23
Christistruth00:

Ironsi and Ojukwu were part of the Coup that was why Azikiwe was warned to escape but the Coup plotters insisted on waiting for Sardauna to return from Saudi Arabia 2 days earlier before Carrying out the Coup

https://dailytrust.com/amp/british-intelligence-reports-on-how-ironsi-took-over-3
Ojukwu arrested and took a man off the London bound Aeroplane at Kano because he thought he was Prime Minister Balewa's Brother

Azikiwe sent a Telegram to Gen Ironsi from London on the 16th of January addressing Ironsi as the Head of State

Ironsi didn't take over Power until the following day

That meant Azikiwe already knew of the Plan by Ironsi to take Power before it happened

It was the British Commonwealth Office from where Miss Emery who was Azikiwe's Secretary had sent the Telegram that informed Azikiwe that Dipcherma the Northern Minister of Transport was acting in Balewa's Place as Head of the Rump Cabinet and not Gen Ironsi and that it would be a good idea to resend the Telegram to Dipcherma instead

Below is the Video of Azikiwe on the day he left for his Medical Vacation in October 1965 he was well enough to inspect a guard of honour and take the Salute

So why didn't he attended the Commonwealth leaders Conference which held in Lagos 2 days before the Jan 15th 1966 Coup ?

Azikiwe definitely knew what was coming and he knew it was going to be very bloody

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmCb3EtjsDE
You couldn't provide evidence
Just conjectures
Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Ironsi & IBB At An Occasion In 1966 by JuanDeDios: 6:52pm On May 23
Christistruth00:

Left to Himself Ironsi was not interested in Politics

Sani Bello his Northern ADC even thought Ironsi because of his Gentle nature could have been a great leader but that his Kinsmen badly compromised him

It was NCNC and Azikiwe that pushed him into the Calamity that befell him because of the Jan 1966 Coup which Ironsi was a big part of
Ironsi was a big part of the 66 coup? How did the NCNC and Zik push Ironsi into calamity?
Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Ironsi & IBB At An Occasion In 1966 by wallrichy: 7:03pm On May 23
I can't but agree in totality with you. It's so sad that we the ordinary people would rather fight and abuse ourselves than come together regardless of tribes and initiate a way on how to deliver ourselves from these blood sucking vampires we call leaders. They thrive on our ignorance and disorderliness, they feed on our hatred and disdain for each other. We really need to wake up together in unity and deal badly with these devilish leaders and become emancipated at long last. Wouldn't be easy but whatever we would go through to achieve this feats is worth it. Thanks for your contributions and I really appreciate your decent and decisive manners of writing devoid of abuse, pride or whatever. Just as if we are having a brotherly conversation. Regards

dettolgel:

I agree with you that Nigerian politicians are the same, no matter the region they are from. In fact if you pay close attention you will realize that they are mostly from the same gang.

What I find depressing is when we the masses think that this is Igbo vs Yoruba vs Hausa, when in reality it is the masses vs the ruling class (which cuts across different tribes). Every successive government in this country have people from different region (though in varying proportion), yet it is very easy to point fingers.

Ironsi did bring in the decree but we should not absolve him (whatever his reason was) as well as those that chose to implement it and that have actually benefited from it. They are all the same ( All the past military leaders in Nigeria are from the same cloak).

Every states has had representatives and governors and there is no single state that is punching within its weight. None of these states are recalling their representatives or even governors. The governors end up at the center to join their gang leaders that they helped rig into office.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Ironsi & IBB At An Occasion In 1966 by AfonjaScud: 7:23pm On May 23
Irony1:

Please do me a favor and show me ironsi's cabinet and the tribes of those in strategic positions. The same Ironsi held a promotion exercise in the army and promoted so many Northerners to placate them on the Jan coup, he didn't even promote igbos or southerners. i dare any of you show me Ironsi's cabinet and the tribes of those in strategic positions. Mind you his Chief of Army staff was Lt Col Gowon a Northerner, His Navy staff was Admiral Wey A yoruba man, his air staff was Lt Col George Kurubo a non-igbo easterner.

Please do me that favor of showing me Ironsi's cabinet and list the strategic positions the igbos occupied. there's another plot in the gist if you read the latest book on Ironsi, the person who suggested the unitary decree to Ironsi was a senior civil servant from the middle belt Chief Simon Adebo

Your attempt at revisionism will not work.
I have no time to waste on a settled
matter.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) / Moment Tinubu Disowned Osinbajo: I Have No Son Grown For Presidency (Video) / Ex Lagos Governor Has 3 Jets - Bode George Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.