Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,616 members, 7,865,486 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 06:55 PM

Generator Fumes Kill 7 Friends Inside Studio In Bayelsa - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Generator Fumes Kill 7 Friends Inside Studio In Bayelsa (31369 Views)

Family Of Five Die After Inhaling Generator Fumes In Ogun / How Generator Fumes Killed An Only Son / Generator Fumes Kill Police Sergeant And Her Two Children In Osogbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Generator Fumes Kill 7 Friends Inside Studio In Bayelsa by tnerro1(m): 10:55am On May 22
Genarator fumes and sleeping in a freshly painted room are dangerous. People should take note of these things

1 Like

Re: Generator Fumes Kill 7 Friends Inside Studio In Bayelsa by ppogba: 10:57am On May 22
mankan2k7:
RIP bro, your country failed you.

Next time u are coming, go to Canada, Australia, Europe.

Their country failed them when as presumed educated youth they did not know that generator fumes can kill?

Perhaps, your country has tampered with your own reasoning too.

2 Likes

Re: Generator Fumes Kill 7 Friends Inside Studio In Bayelsa by Fearurcreeator: 10:58am On May 22
richiemcgold:

One way or the other, their death could still be attributed to the useless leaders we have in govt

Would there be any need for generator if Nigerians have access to 24hrs power supply?

So people don't get electrocuted by that same 24hrs electricity... Why generator fume never Kee you too ... Una sha like dey find faults on top wetin una cause una sef .. werey with 10 werey wey like your comment

1 Like

Re: Generator Fumes Kill 7 Friends Inside Studio In Bayelsa by Curious345: 10:58am On May 22
Hell no..

Their families can sue the ministry of power and join adelabu as a defendant
Re: Generator Fumes Kill 7 Friends Inside Studio In Bayelsa by kmaster007: 10:59am On May 22
No be JuJu be this
Re: Generator Fumes Kill 7 Friends Inside Studio In Bayelsa by Confirm4real(m): 11:02am On May 22
Useless Corntree with wicked and evil leaders.

Generator Republic according to South Africa cheesy
Re: Generator Fumes Kill 7 Friends Inside Studio In Bayelsa by immortalcrown(m): 11:18am On May 22
richiemcgold:
Would there be any need for generator if Nigerians have access to 24hrs power supply?
What about those who carelessly get themselves electrocuted when the government provides electricity? Know when to blame the government and when to blame individuals. I know about two men that died through illegal connection of wires to electric poles. One of them was a welder, it happened in his workshop.

1 Like

Re: Generator Fumes Kill 7 Friends Inside Studio In Bayelsa by okeke6969: 11:24am On May 22
Chaiii!! This is an avoidable disaster.
Just negodu the number of generators on ground. Where is electricity providers?
Nigeria is messed up.
Look, good governance cannot be earn, you ask and demand for it.
Re: Generator Fumes Kill 7 Friends Inside Studio In Bayelsa by seanery: 11:26am On May 22
Negligence...
Re: Generator Fumes Kill 7 Friends Inside Studio In Bayelsa by MARKETfund: 11:27am On May 22
malali:
House of Rep/ Senate

Time to set up legislation to protect the citizens.
Carbon monoxide alarms should placed in houses with generators
It should be law !!
They are cheap and affordable they plug into the wall like phone chargers.
If the carbon monoxide is detected the alarm goes off.
Too many people dying in generator fumes and leaky exhaust on long journeys in traffic.

Hey, are you a distributor?
Re: Generator Fumes Kill 7 Friends Inside Studio In Bayelsa by Samesame247: 11:29am On May 22
Them never know wetin God do for them
Re: Generator Fumes Kill 7 Friends Inside Studio In Bayelsa by Sleekfingers: 11:30am On May 22
post=130075621:

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2024/05/21/generator-fumes-kill-7-friends-inside-studio-in-bayelsa/

Decomposing bodies Ke? All these half-baked journalists....

They foolishly killed themselves......if it is not foolishness, why would a sane person put a generator where they will be inhaling the fumes? I don't pity fools
Re: Generator Fumes Kill 7 Friends Inside Studio In Bayelsa by titus7: 11:34am On May 22
Gen 1:3‭‭ And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.
This was God’s statement according to the bible but my surprise today is like Nigeria was not included. Beloved no nation can make it without light. Pls for God sake give us electricity, good road and security. We can care for the rest on our own.
Look at those young men that gave up all because of fume from the generator, thousands die as a result of bad road we can not secure our street not to talk of local government or the whole state. Pls men is charge wake.
Re: Generator Fumes Kill 7 Friends Inside Studio In Bayelsa by malali: 11:38am On May 22
MARKETfund:

Hey, are you a distributor?

lol.....no
Re: Generator Fumes Kill 7 Friends Inside Studio In Bayelsa by YaksonFCA(m): 11:44am On May 22
may their soul rest in peace. condolences
Re: Generator Fumes Kill 7 Friends Inside Studio In Bayelsa by meetmohammed(m): 11:57am On May 22
post=130075690:
See More:

May the departed souls rest in the hand of there creators......
Re: Generator Fumes Kill 7 Friends Inside Studio In Bayelsa by lendahand(m): 12:07pm On May 22
oluwaseyi0:
Arghh embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

what the hell is it the components in this generator fumes that prevent people from waking up
Carbon monoxide is a deadly gas, steer clear.
Re: Generator Fumes Kill 7 Friends Inside Studio In Bayelsa by lendahand(m): 12:12pm On May 22
PotatoSalad:
Damn.
Although I've gone solar, one of the first smart products I bought for my bedrooms, living room and kitchen was a smart carbon monoxide detector.
Not taking any chances.
RIP to them. Nigeria failed them.

Fit dey outside but exhaust faced the nearest open window.
The scary thing about CO poisoning is that you just want to take a nap. You're breathing o but there's no oxygen in the air. It's not even like choking or holding your breath. That's why it's deadly. By the time your lungs can't take any oxygen, your brain will just make you go to sleep to protect you. That's how you'll touch the grass on Valhalla.
something like it but you can't actually breathe on earth if no oxygen at all is available. I think the correct thing to say is that the quantity of oxygen needed to keep your organs functioning is very minimal and that's the reason the Carbon monoxide takes up a large chunk of space on the lungs and then gradually displaces oxygen till the victim is choked out.
Re: Generator Fumes Kill 7 Friends Inside Studio In Bayelsa by MichaelSokoto(m): 12:16pm On May 22
7 responsible Nigerians gone like dat due to our stupid govt inadequacies!

RIP to dem!
lipsrsealed
Re: Generator Fumes Kill 7 Friends Inside Studio In Bayelsa by Illegal1(m): 12:22pm On May 22
omoh.........RIP to them.
generator fumes once killed 5 of my consin same day here in yenagoa back in 2005
Re: Generator Fumes Kill 7 Friends Inside Studio In Bayelsa by MARKETfund: 12:22pm On May 22
malali:

lol.....no
Ok

But do you know where one can get it?
Re: Generator Fumes Kill 7 Friends Inside Studio In Bayelsa by Fujiyama: 12:33pm On May 22
MrJames007:
It has smell. You'll even feel it with your eyes.

^^^
Carbon monoxide itself is odourless.

While it is odourless, the gas is a byproduct of combustion that typically has a smell e.g. ICE exhaust gases, smoke from fires etc. But if carbon monoxide was created under laboratory conditions and piped into your room, you wouldn't smell anything. You would probably feel a bit drowsy and/or unwell and drift off to sleep...never to awaken again.
Re: Generator Fumes Kill 7 Friends Inside Studio In Bayelsa by ogelekpomgam(m): 12:40pm On May 22
Kellie069:
Damn!!!! This is heart wrenching! Condolences to the families of those affected.. what do citizens need generating set for , if not as a result of a failed country.. no electricity, everyday na e power grid de collapse.
My brother,the lives of human beings are not valued in this country.Thats why some call it a zoo.
Even in some countries, animals are highly valued. angry
Re: Generator Fumes Kill 7 Friends Inside Studio In Bayelsa by Alexiiydon: 12:41pm On May 22
Jennyclay where are you
Re: Generator Fumes Kill 7 Friends Inside Studio In Bayelsa by maasoap(m): 12:51pm On May 22
immortalcrown:
May their souls rest in peace.

Most of them were undergraduates who went from hostels or lecture halls to the studio. So disheartening.

The government has failed the citizens. DISCOs have also failed the citizens. But let us do away with sentiments. No be the government say make dem no position the generator well. How are you even sure it was generator fume that killed them? What if food poison or substance abuse was the cause?

Imagine this level of contradiction. Decomposing bodies? How come one was still alive while 6 were already decomposing?

That was an error. Their bodies can't decompose overnight grin grin grin

What about those who carelessly get themselves electrocuted when the government provides electricity? Know when to blame the government and when to blame individuals

You are right. Seven undergraduates and none of them had knowledge that generator fume can kill and has killed many ignorant Nigerians? I would rather blame them.

I know about two men that died through illegal connection of wires to electric poles. One of them was a welder, it happened in his workshop.
There is one welder in my area that always doing illegal connection (bypass) using jointed and naked wire anytime he wants to weld. I'm always cringed at the sight of him doing that, he is always careless about it
Re: Generator Fumes Kill 7 Friends Inside Studio In Bayelsa by maasoap(m): 12:53pm On May 22
richiemcgold:

One way or the other, their death could still be attributed to the useless leaders we have in govt

If you are ignorant or lack knowledge of what you are using, that thing might end up hurting you. They were ignorant! Seven undergraduates for that matter!
Re: Generator Fumes Kill 7 Friends Inside Studio In Bayelsa by Fujiyama: 12:56pm On May 22
Some of the criticism of the dead on here is quite harsh.

There are hundreds of thousands of Nigerians who simply don't know how dangerous it is to use power generating sets in an enclosed area. They just don't know! If you're in doubt, carry out a poll in your surroundings - and prepare to be shocked.

There isn't any public campaign on this matter to drive the point home. The government just doesn't care. After all, if the government didn't care enough to provide electricity in the first place, why would it care if your power generating set kills you? undecided

A warning to some of the critics: Carbon monoxide poisoning is also very, very possible in motor cars. It does happen. An exhaust leak in a vehicle goes undetected, CO flows into the passenger cabin...and you know the rest. I strongly suspect this may be a factor in the numerous cases of drivers sleeping off on the wheel in our environment - but so far nobody has made the connection with any proof. I hope to God I'm wrong. So...even if you know enough not to drag your generator into your living room at night before going to bed - have you checked your vehicle to be sure its safe?

Throw in the fact that the majority of vehicles on our roads are 15 to 25 year old vehicles with a relatively poor maintenance record...and we perhaps have a crisis that we are completely unaware of. undecided

RIP to the dead.

Kudos to those on this thread trying to pressure their lawmakers to fix the problem. More of that is needed.
Re: Generator Fumes Kill 7 Friends Inside Studio In Bayelsa by maasoap(m): 12:57pm On May 22
malali:
House of Rep/ Senate

Time to set up legislation to protect the citizens.
Carbon monoxide alarms should placed in houses with generators
It should be law !!
They are cheap and affordable they plug into the wall like phone chargers.
If the carbon monoxide is detected the alarm goes off.
Too many people dying in generator fumes and leaky exhaust on long journeys in traffic.
I guess this is the source of eye irritation sometimes when one is inside a vehicle?
Re: Generator Fumes Kill 7 Friends Inside Studio In Bayelsa by Malawian(m): 1:01pm On May 22
Carbon Monoxide is so dangerous in that it first shuts down your Fight/Flight response. You wont even know you are in danger!!
Re: Generator Fumes Kill 7 Friends Inside Studio In Bayelsa by maasoap(m): 1:18pm On May 22
PotatoSalad:
Damn.
Although I've gone solar, one of the first smart products I bought for my bedrooms, living room and kitchen was a smart carbon monoxide detector.
Not taking any chances.
RIP to them. Nigeria failed them.

Fit dey outside but exhaust faced the nearest open window.
The scary thing about CO poisoning is that you just want to take a nap. You're breathing o but there's no oxygen in the air. It's not even like choking or holding your breath. That's why it's deadly. By the time your lungs can't take any oxygen, your brain will just make you go to sleep to protect you. That's how you'll touch the grass on Valhalla.

Some people will read this and still not understand it grin grin grin. Many people are ignorant
Re: Generator Fumes Kill 7 Friends Inside Studio In Bayelsa by Wisejohnson47(m): 1:22pm On May 22
May there soul rest in peace amen
Re: Generator Fumes Kill 7 Friends Inside Studio In Bayelsa by donbenie(m): 1:28pm On May 22
AbuTwins:
There are unlimited ways to die!

If you are alive! Give thanks!

Alhamdulillah!

There are millions of things you can do that someone somewhere can't!

Alhamdulillah!
That is what life is all about..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Plateau Organ Theft: Seven Other Ex-patients Found With Missing Kidneys / Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet / Chewing Stick Sold As "Organic Toothbrush" Overseas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.