Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,755 members, 7,862,470 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 05:35 PM

Peter Obi 'Disheartened' By Terrorist attacks In Plateau, Benue - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi 'Disheartened' By Terrorist attacks In Plateau, Benue (6345 Views)

Tinubu Orders Manhunt For Plateau, Benue Killers / Plateau, Benue: Gunmen Kill 44, Youths Deposit Corpses At Government House / Videos, Pictures Of Killing Of Soldiers In Metele Doctored By Terrorist - Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi 'Disheartened' By Terrorist attacks In Plateau, Benue by DMerciful(m): 9:16am On May 22
So you want everybody to pretend like nothing happened so that killings become normalized?

Abeg shift!
emkz:

You can hate Tinubu, I don't care. But when people are killed, you do not play politics with such things.

Okay, after condemning the killings and commiserating with the Plateau State Government and calling on the government of the day to secure lives and properties and reduce poverty, WHAT NEXT?

Wait until the next cycle of killings to repeat the mantra.

Does he not sound like a broken record when he repeats these things?
Re: Peter Obi 'Disheartened' By Terrorist attacks In Plateau, Benue by Omalicious1: 9:29am On May 22
References1:

Peter Obi

Attacking the food basket o the nation is intentional
Re: Peter Obi 'Disheartened' By Terrorist attacks In Plateau, Benue by chatinent: 9:39am On May 22
drugBaronTINUBU:

you are just a dishonest somebody
during the campaign, tinubu never told u what he was going to do. Obi and Atiku took out time to explain how they will govern the country if elected and those are things we would have used to judge them.
Tinubu never told u how he intend to solve our many problems, he just used tribal (yoruba ronu) and religion (muslim muslim ticket) to buy people's emotion. and to cap it all, he bought INEC and the judiciary to help him finish his work.
for u to tell yourself this truth, you are here trying to justify his failures by saying they would have done the same.
i just pity people like u

Yes Obi and Atiku said what they'd do. And yes, Tinubu used tribal politics.

And yes, I justified based on what they did as both governors and Atiku as ex vice.

But except you are a kid, you'd know that na the same people with another story again and again!
Re: Peter Obi 'Disheartened' By Terrorist attacks In Plateau, Benue by chatinent: 9:40am On May 22
DMerciful:
You lack focus!

You don't care that 40 persons were killed, you're only concerned about Obi who is making sure their death do not go unnoticed

I actually am sincerely.

But I don't approve political sympathy.
Re: Peter Obi 'Disheartened' By Terrorist attacks In Plateau, Benue by gidgiddy: 9:42am On May 22
femtex007:
Hahahahahahah. He's yet to comment about the sit at home self inflicted pain by his kinsmen..
30 th of may is sit at home. Unizik is writing exams waec is also writing exams on the said day. And ipob said exam shouldn't hold

Those being massacred in Plateau, Zamfara and Southern Kaduna wish they could sit at home

But it's now armed bandits sitting in their homes
Re: Peter Obi 'Disheartened' By Terrorist attacks In Plateau, Benue by DMerciful(m): 9:42am On May 22
Why are you all focusing on Obi instead of holding the govt accountable?

In some countries, they'd be calling for the impeachment of the illegitimate president
chatinent:

I actually am sincerely.

But I don't approve political sympathy.
Re: Peter Obi 'Disheartened' By Terrorist attacks In Plateau, Benue by BeigJawnson(m): 9:44am On May 22
kuboy:
But you have not reacted on ipod seat at home on 30 or you die. Mr black clothes bitter obi.

It pains seeing comments like this, has your president reacted to any of this news?

Check out this link and see obi reacted to sit at home order by ipob
https://guardian.ng/news/ipob-sit-at-home-is-criminal-activity-to-make-innocent-people-suffer-says-peter-obi/
Re: Peter Obi 'Disheartened' By Terrorist attacks In Plateau, Benue by gidgiddy: 9:46am On May 22
benuejosh:
he should be dishearten about the atrocities of IPOB in his region and the burning alive of people in his state and region.

Why would he be disheartened when the so called insecurity in the South-East is the one the Lagos/Ibadan expressway media and their Northern cohorts are using to blackmail IPOB?

Nobody in the South-East has ever said that IPOB is killing them, except those who are not from the South-East
Re: Peter Obi 'Disheartened' By Terrorist attacks In Plateau, Benue by cunny88(m): 10:06am On May 22
emkz:
During the Obama-Romney debate in 2012, Romney tried to use the murder of US ambassador to Libya as a campaign issue.

Obama made a profound statement: he said we are talking about human lives here and a commander in chief cannot play politics with human lives or make it a campaign issue.

It took Peter Obi five days to react to the killing of Deborah Samuel, while Atiku deleted a tweet where he condemned it. Tinubu was not on record to have reacted.

Also, Peter Obi rushed to Kano to sympathize with the victims of the inferno in a mosque. Does Peter Obi do these things because he genuinely cares or because of political expediency? Would he have done these if he wasn't interested in running for the presidency? Was he doing it between 2014 and 2022?

Matters of kidnapping, terrorist attacks and needless deaths are serious matters bordering on national security. Instead of latching on it for political gains, a decent human being can propose solutions to help those in power. The Plateau issue is multi-faceted bordering on ethnicity, land, resources and religion. These are sensitive issues and require a multipronged approach.

No one must play politics or seek to get political advantage with it a tragedy.

PS: The government wasted 90 billion naira in Hajj subsidy for Muslims. Why does Peter Obi have no balls to condemn it if he is sincere? I vehemently condemned it here.
Very objective and unbiased comments.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi 'Disheartened' By Terrorist attacks In Plateau, Benue by anonimi: 10:16am On May 22
RonuFools:
angry
With the calamity in Nigeria, the smile and face of this man dey give me joy and peace say Nigeria go better one day

The smile of a hypocrite who has failed to stop the killings in Anamdra and the other 4 states of the southeast by IPOB/ESN terrorists

How many times has he being disheartened enough to do something about the killings in his own land?

Is there any other way of knowing a hypocrite

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi 'Disheartened' By Terrorist attacks In Plateau, Benue by anonimi: 10:21am On May 22
emkz:
During the Obama-Romney debate in 2012, Romney tried to use the murder of US ambassador to Libya as a campaign issue.

Obama made a profound statement: he said we are talking about human lives here and a commander in chief cannot play politics with human lives or make it a campaign issue.

It took Peter Obi five days to react to the killing of Deborah Samuel, while Atiku deleted a tweet where he condemned it. Tinubu was not on record to have reacted.

Also, Peter Obi rushed to Kano to sympathize with the victims of the inferno in a mosque. Does Peter Obi do these things because he genuinely cares or because of political expediency? Would he have done these if he wasn't interested in running for the presidency? Was he doing it between 2014 and 2022?

Matters of kidnapping, terrorist attacks and needless deaths are serious matters bordering on national security. Instead of latching on it for political gains, a decent human being can propose solutions to help those in power. The Plateau issue is multi-faceted bordering on ethnicity, land, resources and religion. These are sensitive issues and require a multipronged approach.

PS: The government wasted 90 billion naira in Hajj subsidy for Muslims. Why does Peter Obi have no balls to condemn it if he is sincere? I vehemently condemned it here.

There is a reason why he is known as the gbajue master. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi 'Disheartened' By Terrorist attacks In Plateau, Benue by chatinent: 10:27am On May 22
DMerciful:
Why are you all focusing on Obi instead of holding the govt accountable?

In some countries, they'd be calling for the impeachment of the illegitimate president

I'm focusing on every bad politicians including the celebrated failure, Tinubu.
Re: Peter Obi 'Disheartened' By Terrorist attacks In Plateau, Benue by DMerciful(m): 10:29am On May 22
Obi does not have the powers of state. Put culpability where it belongs.
chatinent:

I'm focusing on every bad politicians including the celebrated failure, Tinubu.
Re: Peter Obi 'Disheartened' By Terrorist attacks In Plateau, Benue by Afonja007: 10:32am On May 22
Dpharisee:
Soldiers who are supposed to protect them are laying siege to Banex Plaza in Abuja after a fight between a Hausa phone dealer and a Hausa customer who brought his soldier friends to beat up the trader over a dispute regarding the phone he bought and then other traders joined in fighting the soldiers after seeing their colleague being beaten mercilessly by the soldiers, which is also wrong despite the provocation, while we feel that the Army uniform is 'sacred' soldiers are also expected to live above board always and not dishonour their uniform.

In another thought. just imagine the narrative if the soldiers were attacked by Igbo traders who dominate that plaza? Nairaland alone would have had 200 threads opened every minute, Reno Omokri would have reminded us how Biafra war started after the invasion of a Plaza in Lagos by Ojukwu cheesy

Back to the matter, I just received reports that 20 new military checkpoints have been approved between Enugu and Portharcourt expressway to protect the people of Plateau State from terrorists
banex plaza is owned by anambra man from oraukwu he was selling spare parts at idumota before he just built another at lekki there one at palmgrove lagod
Re: Peter Obi 'Disheartened' By Terrorist attacks In Plateau, Benue by ccrenda5540: 10:45am On May 22
Gbajue no reason his IPOB fans threat over WAEC.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi 'Disheartened' By Terrorist attacks In Plateau, Benue by irunoko(m): 10:51am On May 22
PrinceofSarcasm:

My brother you just highlighted a very unpopular opinion people discuss in hushed tones. A colleauge and i still looked at this issues from the same perspective of population control the other day and it made so much sense. I feel there is a white paper passed across the corridirs of power showing the bemefit of the constant killings in the North and population reduction. This may be the real reason why it appears as if the killings in the North never end and the government does nothing
because the way government is doing their body language e be like say them dey fear the terrorists or Lost control of them
Re: Peter Obi 'Disheartened' By Terrorist attacks In Plateau, Benue by drugBaronTINUBU: 10:52am On May 22
chatinent:

Yes Obi and Atiku said what they'd do. And yes, Tinubu used tribal politics.

And yes, I justified based on what they did as both governors and Atiku as ex vice.

But except you are a kid, you'd know that na the same people with another story again and again!

Lets even leave Obi as governor since u are blind to what he did in education, health, infrastructure, security and economy.

Lets talk about Atiku
Please what were u expecting a vice president or deputy governor to do in a setting like Nigeria?
If u are to judge atiku based on that position
U will judge the full administration
Obj administration of which Atiku is part of, remain the best so far after yaradua short administration
Again u are a dishonest somebody
Imagine saying someone that was busy licking mic, raising walking stick when he was asked to sing national anthem
Singing bulaba and balablue and gazara gazelle etc
That is the person u are using to compare the other 3
God help u
And no amount of gaslighting can help u guys.
Many of us knew Tinubu will definitely be a complete failure just like buhari
Re: Peter Obi 'Disheartened' By Terrorist attacks In Plateau, Benue by chatinent: 10:55am On May 22
drugBaronTINUBU:

Lets even leave Obi as governor since u are blind to what he did in education, health, infrastructure, security and economy.

Lets talk about Atiku
Please what were u expecting a vice president or deputy governor to do in a setting like Nigeria?
If u are to judge atiku based on that position
U will judge the full administration
Obj administration of which Atiku is part of, remain the best so far after yaradua short administration
Again u are a dishonest somebody
Imagine saying someone that was busy licking mic, raising walking stick when he was asked to sing national anthem
Singing bulaba and balablue and gazara gazelle etc
That is the person u are using to compare the other 3
God help u
And no amount of gaslighting can help u guys.
Many of us knew Tinubu will definitely be a complete failure just like buhari

You are not reading my post to understand but to comment.

Even Tinubu is the worst thing to happen to Nigeria.
Re: Peter Obi 'Disheartened' By Terrorist attacks In Plateau, Benue by Okoroawusa: 11:08am On May 22
He has not said anything about a terrorist organization like IPOB telling a federal institution like UNIZIK not to hold any programs on 30th of May and a sub-regional body like WAEC not to bother coming to the SE to conduct exams for children of the SE.

God is watching everyone in 5G
Re: Peter Obi 'Disheartened' By Terrorist attacks In Plateau, Benue by drugBaronTINUBU: 11:17am On May 22
chatinent:

You are not reading my post to understand but to comment.

Even Tinubu is the worst thing to happen to Nigeria.
Oga i understand ur comment very well
Stop trying to gaslight people to believing the 4 major candidates would have done the same thing or put the country in the same mess as Tinubu did
Someone that understand leadership wont rush to announce fuel subsidy is gone without trying to understand what is really happening in that sector
As if that wasn't enough, instead of trying to cushion the effect of that mistake, he went ahead to float the naira
It clearly shows he doesnt even understand what he is doing
Atiku or Obi will never have done the same.
This is one year of suffering as a result of that mistake, minimum wage is still the same.

Let me tell u what Obi said he will do on that issue of subsidy and that is what we would have used to hold him responsible.
Minimum wage will be increased to 100k( he already had that agreement with Labour).

50% of subsidy will be removed and the money will be channelled to reviving the 4 major refineries we have and when we are sure we can refine all the petrol we need, he will now remove the remaining 50%
Is this what Tinubu did?
So why are u now coming out to say we will have the same outcome because Tinubu method has failed.

Please lets always learn to tell ourselves the truth
Re: Peter Obi 'Disheartened' By Terrorist attacks In Plateau, Benue by chatinent: 11:20am On May 22
drugBaronTINUBU:

Oga i understand ur comment very well
Stop trying to gaslight people to believing the 4 major candidates would have done the same thing or put the country in the same mess as Tinubu did
Someone that understand leadership wont rush to announce fuel subsidy is gone without trying to understand what is really happening in that sector
As if that wasn't enough, instead of trying to cushion the effect of that mistake, he went ahead to float the naira
It clearly shows he doesnt even understand what he is doing
Atiku or Obi will never have done the same.
This is one year of suffering as a result of that mistake, minimum wage is still the same.

Let me tell u what Obi said he will do on that issue of subsidy and that is what we would have used to hold him responsible.
Minimum wage will be increased to 100k( he already had that agreement with Labour).

50% of subsidy will be removed and the money will be channelled to reviving the 4 major refineries we have and when we are sure we can refine all the petrol we need, he will now remove the remaining 50%
Is this what Tinubu did?
So why are u now coming out to say we will have the same outcome because Tinubu method has failed.

Please lets always learn to tell ourselves the truth
They are the same.

Atiku and Obi also said they'd remove subsidy. They all told us the same story.
Re: Peter Obi 'Disheartened' By Terrorist attacks In Plateau, Benue by ubimagos: 11:25am On May 22
Disheartened with smiling face! Disheartened indeed.
Re: Peter Obi 'Disheartened' By Terrorist attacks In Plateau, Benue by drugBaronTINUBU: 11:28am On May 22
chatinent:

They are the same.

Atiku and Obi also said they'd remove subsidy. They all told us the same story.
Did u read my comment at all?
Was the way Tinubu removed subsidy Obi or Atiku told u they will do?
I took out time to even tell u how Obi said he remove subsidy in batches but u doing the same rhetoric.

Which leader with sense will announced sensitive issue like subsidy, saying subsidy is gone on an inauguration day when he has not sat down to really study and understand what the previous administration claimed they have done in that sector
Anyways
Your agenda and mission is now very clear

Enjoy ur day
Re: Peter Obi 'Disheartened' By Terrorist attacks In Plateau, Benue by chatinent: 11:33am On May 22
drugBaronTINUBU:

Did u read my comment at all?
Was the way Tinubu removed subsidy Obi or Atiku told u they will do?
I took out time to even tell u how Obi said he remove subsidy in batches but u doing the same rhetoric.

Which leader with sense will announced sensitive issue like subsidy, saying subsidy is gone on an inauguration day when he has not sat down to really study and understand what the previous administration
Anyways
Your agenda and mission is now very clear

Enjoy ur day

The problem is that you think because they said it they'd do it. If they had so much of that thinking, they'd have started off with doing it in their respective states or when they were with constituted authority.

Talking about the minimum wage, even if it was increased to ₦100k as you opined and subsidy removed, it'd still look like this. With its removal and the condition it'd bring, anything below ₦1m as minimum wage would still be hell. But none of them can increase it to ₦1m.

You know why?

They all are ambitious and after personal interest.

I don't hate any of them personally. I speak as a concerned Nigerian.
Re: Peter Obi 'Disheartened' By Terrorist attacks In Plateau, Benue by dododawa1: 12:23pm On May 22
OBI NA POLITICAIN

NOT DIFFERENT FROM OTHERS THIEFS

OBI

YET TO

CONDEMN

MONDAY SIT AT HOME IN

D EAST
Re: Peter Obi 'Disheartened' By Terrorist attacks In Plateau, Benue by Kingzmate(m): 12:30pm On May 22
ANOTHER UPCOMING DEAD angry

MAY 30TH sad

I HOPE YOU WILL BE THERE TO PREVENT IT cool

AI PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE kiss
Re: Peter Obi 'Disheartened' By Terrorist attacks In Plateau, Benue by NiRfreak(m): 12:39pm On May 22
chatinent:
Since the election, Obi has been posting up and down and visiting every Dick and Tom on any event... aiming to garner support, and trying to create organic love for himself....a thing he didn't do before the election.

I loathe Nollywood politics! That's what it is.

I am not tribalistic! I evaluate individuals based on the impact they leave behind. During his tenure as governor, I was a student. His dedication to Nigeria now far surpasses any previous concern he had for the state. Indeed, he is a politician, just like all the others. His approach involves leveraging sympathy, compassion, and deceptive political tactics...and that strategy is truly repulsive!

Tinubu is widely regarded as a significant disappointment. A massive one! However, even in the event of Obi's victory, Nigeria would still find itself in a state of disarray. The same principle can be applied to Atiku as well. Are you anticipating a different outcome by employing the same methods and people as before?

Tah!
You are a complete Yoruba Ronu big foool...ashiere...just told us u voted for BAT... idiota talking jargons
Re: Peter Obi 'Disheartened' By Terrorist attacks In Plateau, Benue by Nyamiriflathed: 1:51pm On May 22
emkz:

The Haj is very important to the Muslim north. Obi knows what he is doing.
Re: Peter Obi 'Disheartened' By Terrorist attacks In Plateau, Benue by emkz: 1:55pm On May 22
Nyamiriflathed:

The Haj is very important to the Muslim north. Obi knows what he is doing.

Exactly. Even Tinubu's TV station TVC attacked the money paid for Hajj. In TVC flagship programmes "Your View" and "Journalists Hangout", they took turns to attack the humongous money paid for Hajj subsidy.

If Tinubu starts one project in the north like oil exploration in Bauchi, neither Obi nor Atiku can attack it.

It's all politics for them, not development. They lack courage to challenge things that can ruin their political future.
Re: Peter Obi 'Disheartened' By Terrorist attacks In Plateau, Benue by chatinent: 2:17pm On May 22
NiRfreak:

You are a complete Yoruba Ronu big foool...ashiere...just told us u voted for BAT... idiota talking jargons

Ok
Re: Peter Obi 'Disheartened' By Terrorist attacks In Plateau, Benue by Ceejay94: 3:05pm On May 22
femtex007:
Hahahahahahah. He's yet to comment about the sit at home self inflicted pain by his kinsmen..
30 th of may is sit at home. Unizik is writing exams waec is also writing exams on the said day. And ipob said exam shouldn't hold
mugu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Mocks APC, Says It Can’t Register Party, Yet Wants To Rule Nigeria / 24 Hours Curfew In Kaduna Lifted!!! / PDP Abandoned 116 Water Projects Before Leaving Office In 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.