Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,966 members, 7,863,437 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:46 PM

Favour Ugwuka: EBSU Student Commits Suicide After Failing A Course (Pix, Video) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Favour Ugwuka: EBSU Student Commits Suicide After Failing A Course (Pix, Video) (31829 Views)

Can One Graduate With First Class After Failing A Course? / Katsina Graduate Sets All His Certificates On Fire After Failing To Get A Job / Final Year EBSU Student Dies In Her Sleep (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Favour Ugwuka: EBSU Student Commits Suicide After Failing A Course (Pix, Video) by Fulaniguy01: 3:44pm On May 23
AnambraPikinSel:
The school should investigate this and if that lecturer is truly behind her death,he should be charged to court and be given death by beheading.

you joke ? who give the audacity of commiting suicide for failing an exam ?
Re: Favour Ugwuka: EBSU Student Commits Suicide After Failing A Course (Pix, Video) by Golan007: 3:45pm On May 23
66spirit:
Warris dis?
Sumptous in death...

Your bicycle dey face Dangote trailer.
Re: Favour Ugwuka: EBSU Student Commits Suicide After Failing A Course (Pix, Video) by Exceed15: 3:46pm On May 23
Some lecturers are so heartless. But she shouldn't have ended her Life.
Re: Favour Ugwuka: EBSU Student Commits Suicide After Failing A Course (Pix, Video) by ceejay80s(m): 3:48pm On May 23
This thing no hard na..let another lecturer mark her paper and if the she really passed but was intentionally failed,
that lecturer that failed her must go to prison

1 Like

Re: Favour Ugwuka: EBSU Student Commits Suicide After Failing A Course (Pix, Video) by mhychophelha1(m): 3:49pm On May 23
66spirit:
Warris dis?
Sumptous in death...
A complete πŸ’― %fool
Re: Favour Ugwuka: EBSU Student Commits Suicide After Failing A Course (Pix, Video) by Fulaniguy01: 3:49pm On May 23
dollynnn:
May her soul rest in peace. Meanwhile, that picture is inappropriate

stop deceiving ya self , no peace for who commits suicide .
Re: Favour Ugwuka: EBSU Student Commits Suicide After Failing A Course (Pix, Video) by AnambraPikinSel: 3:54pm On May 23
Fulaniguy01:

you joke ? who give the audacity of commiting suicide for failing an exam ?

She didn't failed the exam according to the story, the lecture intentionally failed her

1 Like

Re: Favour Ugwuka: EBSU Student Commits Suicide After Failing A Course (Pix, Video) by CodeTemplar: 3:54pm On May 23
fastseo:

In UK one lecturer doesn't mark script. They have external marker and at the end they return your script to you.
half of Nigerian lecturers don't know the purpose of education.

3 Likes

Re: Favour Ugwuka: EBSU Student Commits Suicide After Failing A Course (Pix, Video) by Akinpresident: 3:55pm On May 23
Dying because of a certificate that won't get you a job is plain insensitivity.
Worse still, it portrays you as an ungrateful person haven forgotten all the efforts of your parents in sponsoring your education, you threw everything away because of one idiot you should report to the authorities or even call out.

People who commit suicide deserve no pity. They're the most selfish beings in this world. You don't get something and then you jump out of the world. I don't know if they think their death will solve their problem.
Re: Favour Ugwuka: EBSU Student Commits Suicide After Failing A Course (Pix, Video) by Ladoja19: 4:00pm On May 23
Don't mind the idiot with a malfunction brain
He no kuku go school
How he wan kn as he dey be for body
Isiewu
Ebubu2:
you be idiot
Re: Favour Ugwuka: EBSU Student Commits Suicide After Failing A Course (Pix, Video) by BigkokoRep: 4:02pm On May 23
Just the same way unscrupulous elements in Nigeria Govt will try to frustrate you because you are not from that region or religion....

Imagine this kind
Re: Favour Ugwuka: EBSU Student Commits Suicide After Failing A Course (Pix, Video) by Omodua(m): 4:07pm On May 23
emkz:
This practice is rife in our universities.

Lecturers ruin students' lives when students refuse sexual advances or refuse to sort them.

What do the other lecturers and departmental heads do?

What does the university senate do?

What do parents do?

Every university in Nigeria must have an ombudsman. A retired judge or retired army general can head it. The ombudsman can receive reports of lecturers threatening students with failure and sexual advances. They must act on those reports. For this girl here, as soon as she passed other courses except one, it was necessary to look into the case and get three other lecturers from other universities to grade the course and overule the lecturer. It could also have worked if the senate cancelled the course and graduate the student based on her other courses.

Nigerian lecturers have too much powers and are unchecked.

For the lecturer here, he must be investigated and of found guilty, dismissed and prosecuted for instigating suicide.
Good and sensible suggestion. This will sanitize university system.

I concur!
Re: Favour Ugwuka: EBSU Student Commits Suicide After Failing A Course (Pix, Video) by BabaAduras: 4:07pm On May 23
Ebubu2:
you be idiot

He is a complete inhuman idiot.
Re: Favour Ugwuka: EBSU Student Commits Suicide After Failing A Course (Pix, Video) by BabaAduras: 4:11pm On May 23
66spirit:
Warris dis?
Sumptous in death...

You are a pathetic, complete inhuman idiot.

1 Like

Re: Favour Ugwuka: EBSU Student Commits Suicide After Failing A Course (Pix, Video) by RomanGreen: 4:11pm On May 23
CodeTemplar:
The school should step in and crosscheck the scripts against those of other students who passed that same course.

I have to add that the NUC is too relaxed. By now they should have a guideline to prevent and expose such wicked practices.

Bro, those idiooootss won't check nothing, instead they'll shield the lecturer and the pervert will continue tormenting other people. That's how bad the rot is. Almost everyone blames Tinubu for the economy today, but look at ordinary lecturer position that this one has is what he is using to torment innocent people. Nigeria has terribly weak institutions meant to protect vulnerable people.

I honestly wish her people go traditional and deal decisively with that animal if found guilty.
Re: Favour Ugwuka: EBSU Student Commits Suicide After Failing A Course (Pix, Video) by Donpraiz: 4:13pm On May 23
After all your troubles you kill yourself
Na hell fire u dey go direct.

Instead of Taking ur live why don't your take the matter to God for intervention
Re: Favour Ugwuka: EBSU Student Commits Suicide After Failing A Course (Pix, Video) by jubrilELsudan: 4:13pm On May 23
WHAT I DON'T UNDERSTAND IS WHY THE UNIVERSITY STUDENTS HAVE NOT GONE TO BURN DOWN THE STUPID LECTURER'S HOUSE?

2 Likes

Re: Favour Ugwuka: EBSU Student Commits Suicide After Failing A Course (Pix, Video) by seunayantokun(m): 4:15pm On May 23
Investigation please.
Re: Favour Ugwuka: EBSU Student Commits Suicide After Failing A Course (Pix, Video) by arantess: 4:15pm On May 23
why are you posting a dead person that way?

what is wrong with these bloggers??

2 Likes

Re: Favour Ugwuka: EBSU Student Commits Suicide After Failing A Course (Pix, Video) by Darealrick(m): 4:16pm On May 23
dollynnn:
May her soul rest in peace. Meanwhile, that picture is inappropriate
Nothing is inappropriate about this picture.
They must have been trying to resuscitate her thinking they would be successful hence the water on her.
She is dead.
Stop thinking rubbish

1 Like

Re: Favour Ugwuka: EBSU Student Commits Suicide After Failing A Course (Pix, Video) by arantess: 4:17pm On May 23
CodeTemplar:
how can lecturers be allowed to fail people just by selection?
To add to the feel of frustration, she failed one course multiple times after clearing every other course. Is that logical? That lecturer should be investigated.
probably wanted to sleep with her.
Re: Favour Ugwuka: EBSU Student Commits Suicide After Failing A Course (Pix, Video) by Adagba1010: 4:17pm On May 23
I was there live this morning when this woman brought her body and was crying 😭 bitterly over the death of her daughter. The girl should have think of her loved ones before thinking of suicide.
Re: Favour Ugwuka: EBSU Student Commits Suicide After Failing A Course (Pix, Video) by Mrfeel: 4:18pm On May 23
slivertongue:

Suicide is a crime against God. There is no benefit in suicide.
Suicide is a crime against God but God gave his only son to be killed?

1 Like

Re: Favour Ugwuka: EBSU Student Commits Suicide After Failing A Course (Pix, Video) by rollywise(m): 4:22pm On May 23
It's long overdue a time for ASUU to look into this rather than engaging in incessant strike actions for benefits denied. Lecturers do and undo in tertiary institutions without any form of check from the school authorities. You can't even report them cuz amongst lecturers it's a case of dogs don't eat dogs cuz they are all dogs. You try to report them? How it will get to the same lecturer you reported will amaze you and then you in bigger messy waters than before. This has made many students die in silence. It's a pity. God have mercy on her soul
Re: Favour Ugwuka: EBSU Student Commits Suicide After Failing A Course (Pix, Video) by Clonus: 4:24pm On May 23
Don’t they waive courses at EBSU?
Does the lecturer take course alone?
Did she really merit a pass in the course in question?
So many unanswered questions!
The era of one man determining the fate of students should be long gone in our institutions.

2 Likes

Re: Favour Ugwuka: EBSU Student Commits Suicide After Failing A Course (Pix, Video) by LordIsaac(m): 4:26pm On May 23
Oh women! Not far from children. Be very careful with them.😊
Re: Favour Ugwuka: EBSU Student Commits Suicide After Failing A Course (Pix, Video) by CilicMarin: 4:28pm On May 23
Adagba1010:
I was there live this morning when this woman brought her body and was crying 😭 bitterly over the death of her daughter. The girl should have think of her loved ones before thinking of suicide.

Is it Dr. Uneke Enyi?
Re: Favour Ugwuka: EBSU Student Commits Suicide After Failing A Course (Pix, Video) by Birdbyrde440: 4:34pm On May 23
Man102:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRQJUhrwSsM

Source : https://9newsng.com/ebsu-student-allegedly-commits-suicde-after-failing-a-particular-course-many-times-photo-video/

At least she has ended the suffering of this world. My only condolences is with her family who will now have to live without a child otherwise the girl is free from worldly suffering.
Re: Favour Ugwuka: EBSU Student Commits Suicide After Failing A Course (Pix, Video) by faithfull18(f): 4:36pm On May 23
Why do people not think of ways of overcoming situations this days and always think this is the only way out.
Re: Favour Ugwuka: EBSU Student Commits Suicide After Failing A Course (Pix, Video) by DTruthman: 4:37pm On May 23
So pathetic!

I don't pray to find myself in this kind of situation where suicide becomes my only option. But if that happens, I will go straight to the stupid lecturer's office kill him and kill myself to prevent other innocent students from suffering the same thing.

Depression is real. Wickedness is real.

My project supervisor almost frustrated me in school that year. One day I walked into his office and told him I won't continue with the project and I won't see him again. The worst that can happen is to fail me and I told him there will be consequences. After all I already have an HND. And that was the end. Oga jeje give me a C.
Re: Favour Ugwuka: EBSU Student Commits Suicide After Failing A Course (Pix, Video) by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 4:38pm On May 23
As it is in Nigeria , abeg if anyone you know tells you he or she is depressed or you sense an atom of frustration in them..........

Pls take it as a serious issue and attend to them, if you don't have the money, develop the time for them....
Re: Favour Ugwuka: EBSU Student Commits Suicide After Failing A Course (Pix, Video) by Mirasteel: 4:50pm On May 23
Why do we have so many sadist lecturers in Nigeria?
But killing herself isn't the solution, she messed up big time for commiting suicide.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Promise Mmadubuobu Bags First Class Honours In The Nigeria Law School / Student Cuts Teacher With Machete For Punishing His Girlfriend In Enugu / Lagos Government Demolishes Hostel While Students Were Still Inside (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.